Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We never see phasma's face in canon, do we? Not that it'd be any sort of spoiler for her face to be in the set, but it was probably just a design choice. Enfys was to prevent spoilers I think, having the "big villain" with the face print of a child would kind of tip people off about the twist , and an augest set for a late may release meant leaks were likely before the film came out. For the mandalorian, it's probably more in line with the reasoning for phasma.

i'm pretty sure it was revealed that enfys was a girl before the movie came out

3 minutes ago, fluffyducks4 said:

We knew she was female, but that’s it. We all assumed she would be some badass soldier and not a freckle faced teenage kid. I could literally hear an audible sigh of disappointment from everyone in the theater. I did really like the movie, I think it’s underrated, but that’s one thing that bugged me a lot

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We all assumed she would be some badass soldier and not a freckle faced teenage kid. I could literally hear an audible sigh of disappointment from everyone in the theater. 

*cough* Kylo Ren *cough*

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

*cough* Kylo Ren *cough*

If images of his face hadn’t shown up online before the movie released, it probably would have had the same effect for me, but I knew ahead of time because of those images. I don’t remember if they were press images or leaks

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If images of his face hadn’t shown up online before the movie released, it probably would have had the same effect for me, but I knew ahead of time because of those images. I don’t remember if they were press images or leaks

The first image of him without his helmet was from the Vanity Fair shoot. Here it is.

19 hours ago, fluffyducks4 said:

We knew she was a girl, but not a child. As @Balrogofmorgoth said, we were all thinking she would be some evil, boba-fett esque character, not a heoric child.  I personally liked the twist, but only because it makes the beckett twist better and that was one of my favorite parts of the film.

There are images on #legoleaks suggesting other vehicles based on the set boxart. None of it has any weight to it, as the "ships" on the boxart are either waaaaay to small to tell what they are or thing so obscure they'd never be a set (some sort of construction thing that looks like a headless at-at with a crane.) There is one smudge that looks kind of like a gr-75, but I think the sillouhette hint thing is over.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We knew she was female, but that’s it. We all assumed she would be some badass soldier and not a freckle faced teenage kid. I could literally hear an audible sigh of disappointment from everyone in the theater. I did really like the movie, I think it’s underrated, but that’s one thing that bugged me a lot

Well, just for your information, she was not a kid, she was 20 last year when the movie came out, so at least 19 when they took that shoot. Same age as Jeanne d'Arc (a bad megablocks soldier) was when she died. 

So maybe it more like you have a problem to see a 19 year old woman as a bad megablocks soldier, more than the fact that she actually was one. Me on the contrary, I thought she was dope.

48 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, just for your information, she was not a kid, she was 20 last year when the movie came out, so at least 19 when they took that shoot. Same age as Jeanne d'Arc (a bad megablocks soldier) was when she died. 

So maybe it more like you have a problem to see a 19 year old woman as a bad megablocks soldier, more than the fact that she actually was one. Me on the contrary, I thought she was dope.

Yeah, jump to the conclusion that I’m just prejudiced. Typical. It was anticlimactic. It just was. It just didn’t go with the look or the vibe. And she looks 12. I’m not saying she was but that’s how she looked. It was weird and just didn’t fit. But I guess I’m just a bigot because I’m a white man and I should just shut my toxic masculine mouth, right? Sigh.

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah, jump to the conclusion that I’m just prejudiced. Typical. It was anticlimactic. It just was. It just didn’t go with the look or the vibe. And she looks 12. I’m not saying she was but that’s how she looked. It was weird and just didn’t fit. But I guess I’m just a bigot because I’m a white man and I should just shut my toxic masculine mouth, right? Sigh.

Relax, was just teasing you, besides, how can I know what skincolour you have or your gender anyway, even if that would be the stereotypical easily offended stereotype. 

We can just agree to disagree, I think she actually looks around 19 to me, even if that is kind of like still very young, but sometimes we tend to forget nowadays that most soldiers and warriors were that age decades and centuries ago.

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think myself and the above poster have a different definition of the word  "kid" than you do.  They call them college "kids" for a reason.  

It's not until you are much older that you realize you are definitely a kid when you are in your 20's.  It isn't anything to get defensive about.  I'm glad you thought she was "dope".  I really enjoyed the costume design.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, I thought she looked 16, but I also think the intent was to actually have us percieve her as a kid, so young and already leading a rebel cell. It fits with the over-arching theme of teenagers (eg Ezra and Sabine at the start of Rebels) standing up to the empire, either going against family or because they don't have any family anymore. And yes, although I'm not that old, she still looked like a kid to me.

Anyway, back on topic, anyone knows if the ISD release will be coupled with double VIP points? Or if there is a double VIP day/week/month/hour/anything scheduled soon?

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

Anyway, back on topic, anyone knows if the ISD release will be coupled with double VIP points? Or if there is a double VIP day/week/month/hour/anything scheduled soon?

I think somewhere in here I saw something about double VIP at launch, not sure if that was fact or wish. Definitely won't be getting this without it. My other concern is with the changes to VIP, if you cash in points (there only good for 30 days) would hate to cash in points, and then have it run out of stock!

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I think somewhere in here I saw something about double VIP at launch, not sure if that was fact or wish. Definitely won't be getting this without it. My other concern is with the changes to VIP, if you cash in points (there only good for 30 days) would hate to cash in points, and then have it run out of stock!

It's in the email they sent about the VIP launch. 

As for cashing in points, I would do it on my phone in-store while queuing. 

3 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I feel exactly the same, I despise the new VIP system

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Jedi Exile Luke from TLJ. Not a darkside Luke.

Aww, pity. I briefly got excited over the prospect that Abrams might accidentally have done something interesting in the next film. Silly me.

30 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Aww, pity. I briefly got excited over the prospect that Abrams might accidentally have done something interesting in the next film. Silly me.

Even if they did have a darkside Luke in EP9 they wouldn't show us in an advent calendar before the movie comes out

5 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I redeemed a $50 off coupon for it already. I’ve never gotten the new VIP work on my iPhone. Cleared all data from Safari, uninstalled my ad blocker, nothing works. Having to use my Mac and just hope it works out when I get there is annoying. Used a coupon and it applied the discount on the cart but wasn’t on my invoice and Lego charged me the full amount. Took 4 days but support refunded my points and gave me 1,000 extra. I appreciate it but I miss the old system that just worked. 

1 hour ago, Yee said:

I redeemed a $50 off coupon for it already. I’ve never gotten the new VIP work on my iPhone. Cleared all data from Safari, uninstalled my ad blocker, nothing works. Having to use my Mac and just hope it works out when I get there is annoying. Used a coupon and it applied the discount on the cart but wasn’t on my invoice and Lego charged me the full amount. Took 4 days but support refunded my points and gave me 1,000 extra. I appreciate it but I miss the old system that just worked. 

That really sucks, they basically tried to fix something that wasn't broken

Has anyone been paying attention to what time the D2C sets have been going on sale lately? Or are LEGO still as sporadic as always? 

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Has anyone been paying attention to what time the D2C sets have been going on sale lately? Or are LEGO still as sporadic as always? 

I think around 10 am CEST :classic:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same. It really sucks when you break it down. I emailed them about it once and they basically just told me it’s better now so I should stop complaining

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I queried when the ISD would be available to purchase in the UK and was told it will go live at 9am GMT.