Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

To me, it looks like the hooded version... Does he even wear a hood in any of the promotional material for TROS? :snicker:

I don't think so, but the mask makes it look like he has a pacifier in his mouth. Which come to think of it, kinda makes sense if you look at his behaviour :laugh_hard:

I really hope Lego are a bit more prepared for the ISD compared to the Falcon. My local store got 16 Falcons. I might not have the chance to get there for the Wednesday, so hopefully they’ll have some on the Thursday

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe so, so then could the kenobi one be a 2020 thing? It'd be weird for it to leak so early, but I can't think of any other times for them to do it.

Happened with the sandspeeder awhile ago, but I agree, kylo's helmet looks really weird. Sith trooper is nice, but I wouldn't spend $20 on it, so I'll only buy it if they become available individually like kylo ren and rey.

To me it looks like Kylo has his hood up, that’s why it looks like that. And it would be weird if a 20th anniversary polybag was made available the year after the 20th anniversary

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

To me it looks like Kylo has his hood up, that’s why it looks like that. And it would be weird if a 20th anniversary polybag was made available the year after the 20th anniversary

It could still be offered as a Force Friday promotion, just at a lower price tier. Obi-Wan for $35+ purchases, Endor for $70+ purchases, for instance. I believe they've done that sort of thing before. Or they could be saving it for the movie's opening weekend, or their annual Thanksgiving promotions.

6 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Is it me or does the Brickheadz now use sticker details? Look on the upper head of the sith trooper or on the 2x2 plate on Kylos face.

They look printed to me

Isn’t the bottom line a printed line instead of a sticker’s border?

I always thought all brickheadz parts were printed.

The new hood piece for Obi Wan looks fantastic. Hopefully we’ll see more of it in different colours.

The Kylo Brickhead looks a lot better on the back of the box on the bottom right corner. I think it’s just the unfortunate angle of the photo. Plus all the pieces are black so it looks like there’s no depth. 

I don’t buy brickheadz so I really don’t care but I don’t think it looks that bad. It’s not like brickheadz are supposed to be realistic. I think it looks fine for a brickheadz character. I really hope my stores end up stocking the ROS see early

16 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I really want 20th anniversary Kenobi. Does anyone know how that’ll happen?

I still don’t get Brickheadz, myself. Kinda thought they’d cancelled it.

I don't get many, I just have boba fett, the create-a-brickhead one, and if the sith trooper' available individually I'll get it. I used to have a few more but I sold them.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Kylo Ren's helmet is so bad it's laughable, even worse than Phasma's head

it looks so stupid, his mouth just increases in size like 4x what it should be

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still looks super weird and ugly. And as for the second, when else are you thinking it would come out? The only other siginifigant dates are the release dates for TROS and the mandalorian. Does lego do promos when a star wars film releases? They did a few for marvel, mostly with leftover stock of the bricktober pack, but I can't think of anything for star wars.

Carded pics of Hasbro's Zorii Bliss action figure have popped up. I know some were worried about the color choice for the minifigure, but the artwork on the cardback looks a lot closer to Lego's dark red and less of a dark purple seen in EW's publicity still.

Vintage-Collection-Ep-IX-Wave-1-Zorii-Blsh316.png

20 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I really hope Lego are a bit more prepared for the ISD compared to the Falcon. My local store got 16 Falcons. I might not have the chance to get there for the Wednesday, so hopefully they’ll have some on the Thursday

By the sound of it so far they’ll be more prepared than the Falcon but I wouldn’t expect them to last that long. 

Really question are we getting wheels again?

Edit: should clarify I mean on the packaging not the set. Box looks about as big as the Falcon so I’m not keen to carry it. 

Edited by Yee

5 hours ago, Yee said:

By the sound of it so far they’ll be more prepared than the Falcon but I wouldn’t expect them to last that long. 

Really question are we getting wheels again?

Edit: should clarify I mean on the packaging not the set. Box looks about as big as the Falcon so I’m not keen to carry it. 

When I picked up my Falcon they didn’t have the wheeled carriers. I was living in Minnesota at the time and I got it from the Lego store in the Mall Of America so I had to carry that gigantic box around the entire mall (which is MASSIVE) and up two levels to get back to the parking lot. And of course none of the escalators were operational that day.

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Carded pics of Hasbro's Zorii Bliss action figure have popped up. I know some were worried about the color choice for the minifigure, but the artwork on the cardback looks a lot closer to Lego's dark red and less of a dark purple seen in EW's publicity still.

It does appear to be red and gold in these, I wonder if EW had weird lighting or that wasn't the final suit, or if the merchandise makers were just given concept art that ended up not being the final design

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When I picked up my Falcon they didn’t have the wheeled carriers. I was living in Minnesota at the time and I got it from the Lego store in the Mall Of America so I had to carry that gigantic box around the entire mall (which is MASSIVE) and up two levels to get back to the parking lot. And of course none of the escalators were operational that day.

Ouch. 

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

Solid Brix studio has a review up on the UCS Star Destroyer. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iqJZscv6qo8&t=0h20m9s

Man I am trying to watch the video, but every time his elbow hits the table, that whole Star Destroyer shakes! I couldn't focus on anything else! If i get this and tile up the surface, I think it may go down in pieces! 

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Huh. I got mine from the same store and I got wheels. Maybe they dropped the wheels when volume picked up? It is a cute idea but admittedly I can see the problems with it. Was it in the shipping container still or just the set box?

4 minutes ago, Yee said:

Huh. I got mine from the same store and I got wheels. Maybe they dropped the wheels when volume picked up? It is a cute idea but admittedly I can see the problems with it. Was it in the shipping container still or just the set box?

The wheels were only for a limited number of the set. I can't remember how many were produced, but it was only a small number per store as a novelty for the launch. 

32 minutes ago, Yee said:

It was still in the shipping box. He said they hadn’t gotten any of the wheels in yet. I had been on a waiting list and ended up picking it up the December after it was released, right when they got new stock after the initial fiasco. So they still hadn’t gotten everything quite figured out yet. Loved that lego store btw. Great people working there too, I made some buddies, I was in there so often. Definitely my favorite lego store I’ve been to

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth