Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I find the lack of interior disturbing, especially after how the new UCS Falcon made a point of improving over the last one. If there was one, it would definitely be on the box. I was expecting at least a command bridge. Also only two figures is disappointing. Of course it’s not about the figures or an interior, and with nearly 4800 pieces it’s sure to be the best build since the Falcon. Interested to see the internal frame, hopefully no magnets this time.

I’m glad the mini Tantive IV is still there. The stand looks a little flimsy, but there’s no doubt it’ll support the weight of the set. Very happy to see that the big circular thingy on the underside of the ship hasn’t been omitted from this version. I want to know what those engine pieces are, to me it looks like they’ve used those Death Star pieces like so many MOCs have. Can’t wait for HD pics to see all the greebles. 

I'm not into flagships, specially in this size (my room can't help anymore), but this is impressive. I really really like how this looks.

I'd say the background is the spaceport of Corellia from SOLO, where the Empire assembles the ISDs. Nice detail.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

I also hope TLG learned their lesson from the 75192 fiasco two years ago, when the set flew off the shelves and then a cycle of "in stock for 5 minutes then gone for a week" ensued for the following few months. At least this set doesn't seem to have as much value (either price per piece or iconic value) as 75192, and there is no big limited promotion like a special :laugh_hard: VIP card, which should help keep this set in stock for anyone wanting to get it come release date on the 18th.

Thanks for the reminder... I really hope LEGO is better prepared for this one since this set is something a lot of fans have been looking forward to just like the MF. 

Edited by Evergreen
Glitched submission

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

I'm not into flagships, specially in this size (my room can't help anymore), but this is impressive. I really really like how this looks.

I'd say the background is the spaceport of Corellia from SOLO, where the Empire assembles the ISDs. Nice detail.

You're right, that's actually really cool. I assume the front may be deep space, but it's a nice touch that you build your isd from a corellian box.

3 hours ago, StanleyRos said:

It's strange, but I'm excited to see the inner packaging.. as started with 75192, those white boxes with outlines of the set and some quotes

^^Same.  I sat out 75192 for now, so yes, I'm looking forward to the unboxing experience as well.  I will be fogging up the window of a LEGO Store on release day for this one.  I'm glad to see the shape of the main reactor dome on the belly this time.   

7 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Quite studdy looking, but visually looks a bit better than I thought! Looks like the FB post about the 2 figs was right :/ Looks like there is an admiral and a crew member. Definitely the ISD Mk1 from what I can tell from the sensor arrays and I'm hoping they got the turrets correct this time. Also I really like the stand for the set as well and probably the most impressive. 

Have to agree about the studdy part. With the piece count I knew we wouldn't be getting a smooth SD, and being that is it lego, there should be some studs, but...... I hope the official reveal looks amazing or I may have to go with a MOC instead!

47 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Have to agree about the studdy part. With the piece count I knew we wouldn't be getting a smooth SD, and being that is it lego, there should be some studs, but...... I hope the official reveal looks amazing or I may have to go with a MOC instead!

Problem is the quality MOCs- like the Monarch- are 15,000 pieces! Worst case I hope its an easy MOD to smooth it out a bit. Best case it's just awesome as is. 

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

If you have the resources I would highly recommend that you go for the MOC instead of the set since MOC's are better. But if not UCS sets are still a great and easy (from the idea that you don't have to order pieces from BL & such) way to get good models. 

39 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Problem is the quality MOCs- like the Monarch- are 15,000 pieces! Worst case I hope its an easy MOD to smooth it out a bit. Best case it's just awesome as is. 

Haha you are right about that. Onecase's and Raskolnikov's ISD MOC's have really raised the bar on what an ISD should look like. I've built the Aggressor and will eventually build the Monarch (after a few years lol) but I still will get the UCS one because I think the model carries the LEGO "charm" if that makes sense. Nowhere near as amazing as the MOC's but its just impressive to see LEGO attempting to make these kinds of sets. Besides its a pretty cool UCS set too ;)

12 hours ago, Evergreen said:

LOL discounts?!?!?! Maybe with other vendors but LEGO will NEVER discount sets like this. 

I bought the Falcon directly from Lego for about 650Eur. Afol Days, Triple points ...

Also other vendors sold Falcon for ~600 - 650 Eur. It was just needed to wait until the initial demand dropped after the first yer of release.

So yes, it definitely will be possible to get a better deal on this one too, if you can wait and because its so big, waiting is not a problem as first we need to figure out where to put it.

11 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I also hope TLG learned their lesson from the 75192 fiasco two years ago, when the set flew off the shelves and then a cycle of "in stock for 5 minutes then gone for a week" ensued for the following few months. At least this set doesn't seem to have as much value (either price per piece or iconic value) as 75192, and there is no big limited promotion like a special :laugh_hard: VIP card, which should help keep this set in stock for anyone wanting to get it come release date on the 18th.

I got to my Lego Store 5 hours before they opened for the Falcon and there were already 6 other people there. By 5:15 AM all the Falcons were claimed by people in line. I collected Amiibo so standing in front of stores for a toy was something I was used to already plus my bud agreed to tag along despite not getting one himself but those 5 hours were long. It sucked seeing people show up later and telling them that all the Falcons were claimed already. I know they would give out free shipping cards to people as well but there were a fair number of people who were there before the store manager. Why they thought 8 was enough for a city/cities with millions of people is beyond me. My store got 60 Tantives day one so hopefully the people who show up 4 hours before will be able to get one. 

Edited by Yee

20 minutes ago, Yee said:

Why they thought 8 was enough for a city/cities with millions of people is beyond me.

75192 was the first set of its kind in 10 years, LEGO had no idea what kind of a market existed for it. From our point of view it was going to be a hit, but remember that AFOLs make up a small portion of LEGO’s market. From LEGO’s point of view, 75192 was a massive risk. Keep in mind 10178 wasn’t the best seller when it was around (part of the reason why it became worth so much). If I remember correctly it only had two production runs in its entire lifetime, and the second one took so long to sell out. I think the set officially retired in 2010 but was still available until 2012. 

Regarding distribution of the set, if the VIP release date on the 18th (as is rumoured) does this mean it will be in LEGO stores on this day, but only to those who have a VIP account?

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

If I remember correctly it only had two production runs in its entire lifetime, and the second one took so long to sell out. I think the set officially retired in 2010 but was still available until 2012. 

10178 didn't sell out.  It was on clearance for 50% off in many places and still didn't sell...

13 minutes ago, Procrastinathan said:

Regarding distribution of the set, if the VIP release date on the 18th (as is rumoured) does this mean it will be in LEGO stores on this day, but only to those who have a VIP account?

Yes.

12 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

10178 didn't sell out.  It was on clearance for 50% off in many places and still didn't sell...

Oh wow, no way that would happen today with the new one. 10178 was a little before my time so I only know what I've read. I was referring to it not selling out on S@H until 2012.

The low quantities in stores weren't just due to the risk, but also the massive logistical hassle of shipping and storing a box that big. There's only so much you can do to mitigate that, especially as stores are ramping up for a holiday season and trying to meet demand for dozens of other sets that are jockeying for a share of the finite space in a cargo truck or storage room. So I wouldn't be terribly surprised if stock levels aren't much higher this time around; I think the best you might hope for is a wait list being implemented right away rather than as a last-minute scramble like it was two years ago.

3 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

I bought the Falcon directly from Lego for about 650Eur. Afol Days, Triple points ...

Also other vendors sold Falcon for ~600 - 650 Eur. It was just needed to wait until the initial demand dropped after the first yer of release.

So yes, it definitely will be possible to get a better deal on this one too, if you can wait and because its so big, waiting is not a problem as first we need to figure out where to put it.

Those discounts don’t happen in the US, and we don’t get Triple points unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Have people come to terms with only two figures in the ISD yet?  

I never got my hopes up in that regard anyway. I figured it would only be a couple if any, and that they would be Officers at best. I mean, even if the set included ten figures, they would be, what, a bunch of stormtroopers, Vader, and some Officers? Not really worth the price boost that would cause. I’m absolutely fine with this.

15 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

Assuming it's actually $700 and only 4700 pieces as the scuttlebutt goes, it should have had at least as many figures as the Falcon. This was the opportunity to do all those core Imperial Officers that never get proper renditions - Piett, Ozzel, Needa, Jerjerrod, Motti, Tagge all deserve figures, and none of them have ever been done properly (most never done at all). Heck, it would have been a great place to deploy an offscreen character like Rae Sloane for that matter. Imperial Officers are "boring" to casuals but iconic characters to classic hardcore fans - and a UCS ISD is for classic hardcore fans. Reserving judgment til we know price, piececount, and figures for sure, but this bodes ill so far.

Fully agree with you. I was not happy with Falcons minifigs back then, Han should have doublemolded and sideprinted legs like in the Cloud City already in that set. Bought Falcon anyway coz the ship is iconic and was a big improvement from the last one.

But with the ISD, ou can custom build one, or possibly build one based on the instructions from the new one if you already have enough gray bricks. Its a missed opportunity to give collectors a set of Imperials special to hardcore fans (maybe even an Ysanne Isrd or similar unique character) and to make this set a must have and worth the money. This way it ends as something i could probably build from my own bricks.

And as i learned my lesson with Falcon, i will not rush to buy this one on day one. Ill wait for a better deal if i even buy it as its starts to be more of a question of space then money at this moment, thinking about Transformers Unicron if they make it available in Europe, have Falcon twice, building Cavegods Sandcrawler - there is a limited space for big models/toys im my flat and there are more companies and minimum of 2 franchises to compete for that space and budget.

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Those discounts don’t happen in the US, and we don’t get Triple points unfortunately.

That sucks. 75192 MF is regularly 20% off in Australia and has been as low as 30% off recently. 

• Name: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer
  • Number of parts: 4.784
  • Price: 699.99 euros
  • Price per part: 14.6 cents
  • Minifigures: 2
  • Sales start: 01. October 2019
  • VIP pre-sale: yes (from the 18th of September)

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-bilder-infos-preis/85550

Edited by Davenocheese

Looks awesome. Love the amount of detail at the bottom and back of the ship. I hope that gap running down the middle of the ship stays as tight as it's shown in the pictures. Is that box the same size as 75192 or a little bit thinner?

Day 1 buy for me, if stock allows it to stay on shelves until the end of the day.

Wow it really is amazing. I love the figures too, they found a way to make them exclusive which is really nice. The build is phenomenal, I love the use of the MF cockpit for the engines! A lot of great building techniques here. Definite purchase for me