Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Imperial Navy Officer could be Daine Jir. That would make sense, plus he goes with the Tantive IV scene perfectly 

If he has a unique faceprint, that would be quite nice. Commander Jir and Commander Praji would be very appropriate inclusions given their presence in the scene. 

46 minutes ago, Darth Caedus said:

Assuming it's actually $700 and only 4700 pieces as the scuttlebutt goes, it should have had at least as many figures as the Falcon. This was the opportunity to do all those core Imperial Officers that never get proper renditions - Piett, Ozzel, Needa, Jerjerrod, Motti, Tagge all deserve figures, and none of them have ever been done properly (most never done at all). Heck, it would have been a great place to deploy an offscreen character like Rae Sloane for that matter. Imperial Officers are "boring" to casuals but iconic characters to classic hardcore fans - and a UCS ISD is for classic hardcore fans. Reserving judgment til we know price, piececount, and figures for sure, but this bodes ill so far.

You really think an ISD that’s almost as long as the SSD and 33% bigger than the last UCS ISD needs figures? This thing is massive, and it’ll have some decent sized parts rather than just making numbers up with tiny plates and tiles.

A tech and an officer for the stand (as there’s nowhere for them inside it) and a beast of an ISD.

Sounds enough to me.

And just to annoy everyone it’s not even an officer from ANH.

Edited by Robianco

Just now, StanleyRos said:

With that piece count, is there possibility of small interior scenes such as 75192 Falcon had?

From what's been mentioned over on Facebook, the hanger is the only interior feature. Apparently there is something in there, the vague clues given suggest a TIE fighter (or squadron of tiny TIE fighters).

There could be more, but they've been frustratingly limited with the information they're willing to give out. 

Just now, nikhkin said:

From what's been mentioned over on Facebook, the hanger is the only interior feature. Apparently there is something in there, the vague clues given suggest a TIE fighter (or squadron of tiny TIE fighters).

There could be more, but they've been frustratingly limited with the information they're willing to give out. 

A micro Tantive IV

Just now, Robianco said:

A micro Tantive IV

That's clearly visible in the image. I was referring to hidden features. 

10 minutes ago, Darth Caedus said:

If he has a unique faceprint, that would be quite nice. Commander Jir and Commander Praji would be very appropriate inclusions given their presence in the scene. 

Either one would be perfect, I agree we need more named Imperial Officers represented as minifigs. The really snarky looking one with the sideburns that came with the most recent system scale ISD looks so much like Motti that I just say it’s him. And I traded out Piett’s hat from the SSD with an updated one

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

With that piece count, is there possibility of small interior scenes such as 75192 Falcon had?

I doubt it has an interior. If it did LEGO would definitely display it on the back since the back shows all the "features" of a set. But maybe there might be pictures on the sides that might show one. We'll have to wait for the official release to be certain. 

18 minutes ago, Robianco said:

You really think an ISD that’s almost as long as the SSD and 33% bigger than the last UCS ISD needs figures?

If it is indeed $700, yes, it absolutely needs some interesting figures to spice it up. Figures always make a UCS better, and weak figures hurt any UCS release - just look at the TIE Fighter, that thing was going for close to 50% off by the bitter end, and it had just the one dull pilot. Same with the Snowspeeder - the two figures were colossally disappointing given they reused the odiously reused Dak Ralter face, killing the collectability. The Assault on Hoth disaster had many more problems than the figures, but the extreme low effort there (generic ponytail lady #29 for Toryn Farr, etc.) made for a weak minifig range as well.

By contrast, the Tantive IV, which isn't even technically a UCS release, has a great balance of features/build with a solid, appropriate figure range - as did the 2015 Slave I. The Falcon is already an impressive monster, but including balanced crews from V and VII is a great touch - an a perfect deployment of a one-scene weird variant in the rebreather Han and Leia. 

This ISD will most certainly have quite a few large pieces, but a full 2000+ disparity in piece count will go over very poorly in the fan community - I still expect good sales, but it's strange that they'd cheap out and deliver a paltry 2 figures with literally the 2nd most expensive set of all time. Again, this is going with the $700 rumor, but it's a very strong rumor. 

12 minutes ago, Diegoist said:

What time will the release be? Or can I go to sleep...as it is half last 11pm here...

You can sleep, TLG usually does press releases at around noon EST the day of the release date. I'd imagine as early as 9AM tomorrow, september 5th.

The figures for the Falcon fit inside it so are part of the play features of the vessel. The scaling of the TIE and Snowspeeder meant they weren’t part of the play feature so are there for display purposes only. The Slave 1 is minifig scale as is the Falcon so again, the minifigures are part of the play features of that set. The Imperial Shuttle was the same.

Historically, UCS sets that aren’t minifig scale aren’t minifig-centric in their offerings (X-Wing had R2, B-Wing had none, Y-Wing had a single Pilot and Droid, Batman’s Tumbler had Bats and the Joker). 

If there’s no interior for play then they won’t include figures just for the sake of it.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Probably not for me though as I prefer playsets/diorama style sets with tons of minifigs than giant freaking spaceships. Hopefully we’ll get a new master builder series set next year.

This set's very imposing, looks great. I can only find images of the back, and don't see any figures so I'm not sure if there are other images or if i just missed the figures, but personally I don't think it needs any. It's certainly big enough to justify $700 in my mind.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

This set's very imposing, looks great. I can only find images of the back, and don't see any figures so I'm not sure if there are other images or if i just missed the figures, but personally I don't think it needs any. It's certainly big enough to justify $700 in my mind.

It's only the one photo that's leaked, yes. If you look at the stand holding up the Destroyer you can just about see two figs, flanking the UCS plaque.

It's strange, but I'm excited to see the inner packaging.. as started with 75192, those white boxes with outlines of the set and some quotes

19 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It means nothing other than a flame trooper is in the game. Remember the moulded fathiers in that YouTube video they uploaded a while back?

True, but that was a little CGI video with police speeder builds and more we didn't get that looked like it could be part of a set. This is the only non-set figure we've seen, so while not confirmation by any means it's possible we could see jet in a future wave.

Just now, Procrastinathan said:

It's only the one photo that's leaked, yes. If you look at the stand holding up the Destroyer you can just about see two figs, flanking the UCS plaque.

I can kind of make them out now, probably a stormtrooper and vader/an officer, yes? I wish it came with more figure but I think it doesn't need them as the set is enough of a draw, and also we don't know for sure just based on how terrible that image quality is, there might be something else, though I wouldn't put my hopes up for anything more than a MSE-6 droid.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I can kind of make them out now, probably a stormtrooper and vader/an officer, yes? I wish it came with more figure but I think it doesn't need them as the set is enough of a draw, and also we don't know for sure just based on how terrible that image quality is, there might be something else, though I wouldn't put my hopes up for anything more than a MSE-6 droid.

No, looks to me like an officer and a crew member (officer-looking types with pale grey uniforms). You can just about make out that both have skin-tone heads and black caps.

I wonder if TLG managed to fill in the gap that can be seen at the very tip of 10030, when looked at from the side. Seems like the tip of the ISD has been "conveniently" hidden by the Tantive IV on the box art.

I also hope TLG learned their lesson from the 75192 fiasco two years ago, when the set flew off the shelves and then a cycle of "in stock for 5 minutes then gone for a week" ensued for the following few months. At least this set doesn't seem to have as much value (either price per piece or iconic value) as 75192, and there is no big limited promotion like a special :laugh_hard: VIP card, which should help keep this set in stock for anyone wanting to get it come release date on the 18th.

9 minutes ago, Procrastinathan said:

No, looks to me like an officer and a crew member (officer-looking types with pale grey uniforms). You can just about make out that both have skin-tone heads and black caps.

Agreed, the black caps in particular give it away. I hope the Officer is an actual named Officer, particularly Commander Jir or Commander Praji

35 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

You can sleep, TLG usually does press releases at around noon EST the day of the release date. I'd imagine as early as 9AM tomorrow, september 5th.

or 6pm Danish time

The imperial officer looks like it might have dual moulded legs to me, would be a nice variant.

but, anyway, to quote Krennic: “oh it’s beautiful”

I just love the ISDs, and this look amazing, absolutely amazing. I reckon the UK price will be £500, works with the piece count and rumoured American price. I hope it’s less though, maybe £450. I could live with that

3 hours ago, Evergreen said:

LOL discounts?!?!?! Maybe with other vendors but LEGO will NEVER discount sets like this. 

The UCS Falcon has seen some pretty hefty discounts from various retailers. No doubt this will too

It looks glorious! I can’t wait for the official images. I love that they’ve incorporated the bottom hanger bay to accommodate the Tantive IV. Given it’s ‘The Devastator’ it’s odd if they haven’t included a Vader minifig. They could have gone with an exclusive variant.