Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It’s only 4 hours until it ticks over to the 5th Sept. in my part of world so it looks like TLG have managed to hide one of the biggest sets of all time from leakers. Well played. 

I know I'm late on this discussion but I sadly think we won't see another RO or Solo set ever again. It's been three years since RO and we didn't get a single set since the first two waves, TFA had a few every now and then in later waves, one of which was even this year. Some people might argue that Vader's Castle is a RO set, but the inclusion of the blue marked Stormtrooper confirms it's based off of the VR experience that came out a while ago. I really hope I'm wrong with my theory, as RO is my absolute favourite film of the franchise but I stopped holding my breath for more, I guess the spinoffs are just gonna stay as "one and done" waves

2 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I know I'm late on this discussion but I sadly think we won't see another RO or Solo set ever again. It's been three years since RO and we didn't get a single set since the first two waves, TFA had a few every now and then in later waves, one of which was even this year. Some people might argue that Vader's Castle is a RO set, but the inclusion of the blue marked Stormtrooper confirms it's based off of the VR experience that came out a while ago. I really hope I'm wrong with my theory, as RO is my absolute favourite film of the franchise but I stopped holding my breath for more, I guess the spinoffs are just gonna stay as "one and done" waves

Well, there‘s the advent calendars that gave us a General Merrick minifig as well as some micro-builds of vehicles that don‘t have a set counterpart (e.g. the AT-ACT and the four-winged dropship whose name has eluded me). And don’t forget this year‘s Tantive IV. The inclusion of Bail undoubtedly makes it a RO set :wink:

11 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Yeah that really sucks, I was really hoping we'd get the TIE Reaper someday

31 minutes ago, Markalus said:

It’s only 4 hours until it ticks over to the 5th Sept. in my part of world so it looks like TLG have managed to hide one of the biggest sets of all time from leakers. Well played. 

I wonder if they'll reveal it tomorrow or if they'll wait until it ticks over in Denmark. There's still time for it to leak, but I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO does their press release the moment it does. 

17 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I, for one, would argue that Vader's castle was a Rogue One set. Also, if we're going by included minifigures as the deciding factor, the Tantive IV from this year is a Rogue One set. Off the top of my head I think LEGO has the Star Wars license until at least 2022, but I think they had it extended recently. Plenty of time for more Rogue One stuff. As mentioned there's the AT-ACT, the Zeta-class shuttle and the TIE reaper as the big omissions. I could 100% see them doing a partisan or a blue squadron X-Wing as well, maybe even the Citadel tower or a hammerhead corvette. In a perfect world, we'd get the base on Eadu and a ton of stuff from Jedha but that I don't see happening. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually saw a Vader mowing down rebels vignette as a convention exclusive or a GWP. Give it time, a couple more Rogue One sets will come, especially if Cassian is getting his own series. Rogue One has already developed somewhat of a cult following, I'm willing to bet money that 10-15 years down the road it'll be the fan favorite. I'm already willing to get in the ring with anyone who thinks ESB was better :tongue:

As for Solo, the only thing I can see coming out of that is Dryden's shuttle, and not any time soon for that matter. Maybe 10 years from now we'll get another Kessel Run Falcon but that would be a stretch.

33 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I wonder if they'll reveal it tomorrow or if they'll wait until it ticks over in Denmark. There's still time for it to leak, but I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO does their press release the moment it does. 

TLG pretty much always waits for it to be the reveal date in North America and around the world, usually revealing sets around noon EST (or a little earlier), IIRC.

We could see some leaks later today. The Disney Train's box leaked the night before the reveal date.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

We could see some leaks later today. The Disney Train's box leaked the night before the reveal date.

I thought it leaked like an hour before the reveal

3 hours ago, Puresh said:

I don't understand this at all. We were getting sets for a tv show that finished in 2014 as late as 2018, and we've had sets for every film after their initial wave (besides solo, just because it's only been a year since the initial wave). It won't be until after TROS when the SW films calm back down to one film every 2-3 years, but to say we'll never ever get another set is ludicrus.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I, for one, would argue that Vader's castle was a Rogue One set. Also, if we're going by included minifigures as the deciding factor, the Tantive IV from this year is a Rogue One set. Off the top of my head I think LEGO has the Star Wars license until at least 2022, but I think they had it extended recently. Plenty of time for more Rogue One stuff. As mentioned there's the AT-ACT, the Zeta-class shuttle and the TIE reaper as the big omissions. I could 100% see them doing a partisan or a blue squadron X-Wing as well, maybe even the Citadel tower or a hammerhead corvette.

At the bare minimum, either vader's castle or the tantive IV was a rogue one set, as the "shuttle pilot is from the VR thing" excuse would mean that bail's appearance makes the tantive iv a rogue one set. Personally, vader's castle is rogue one to me and the tantive iv is mainly ANH. I also like your list of everything we could see for rogue one eventually.

4 hours ago, Puresh said:

I think it's definitely a Rogue One set, since that is what move it appeared in. Nobody even knew what the VR thing was until that weird blue pilot fig leaked.

I think a set could definitely be representing more than one piece of source material. Vader’s Castle is from both the VR game and Rogue One and the Tantive IV is from both ANH and Rogue One (it’s literally the same scene). There are plenty of sets that include characters that weren’t in the scene, it’s just a way of including exclusive characters that wouldn’t otherwise be in a set. Some people say the most recent Turbo Tank has to be from TCW because it included Quinlan Vos. It’s still from ROTS, they just included him as an extra minifig to add value. Same could go for the Tantive IV and Vader’s Castle. But I think it’s simple enough to say they represent multiple sources respectively.

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think a set could definitely be representing more than one piece of source material. Vader’s Castle is from both the VR game and Rogue One and the Tantive IV is from both ANH and Rogue One (it’s literally the same scene). There are plenty of sets that include characters that weren’t in the scene, it’s just a way of including exclusive characters that wouldn’t otherwise be in a set. Some people say the most recent Turbo Tank has to be from TCW because it included Quinlan Vos. It’s still from ROTS, they just included him as an extra minifig to add value. Same could go for the Tantive IV and Vader’s Castle. But I think it’s simple enough to say they represent multiple sources respectively.

Definitely. Hell, the UCS Falcon is literally from 2 different trilogies. 

I am shocked their hasn't even been a leaked minifig so far. 

47 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Some people say the most recent Turbo Tank has to be from TCW because it included Quinlan Vos. It’s still from ROTS, they just included him as an extra minifig to add value.

I was sure that Quinlan Vos inclusion was due to the fact that he was on Kashyyyk at the time of order 66, as seen in the Republic comics, and was actually supposed to have a death scene in ep III, which never made it past the initial digital rendering.

17 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

I was sure that Quinlan Vos inclusion was due to the fact that he was on Kashyyyk at the time of order 66, as seen in the Republic comics, and was actually supposed to have a death scene in ep III, which never made it past the initial digital rendering.

That’s exactly the reason, but he still didn’t end up appearing in the movie, so people still take issue for some reason. Personally I love getting extra minifigs even if they weren’t in the scene depicted

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s exactly the reason, but he still didn’t end up appearing in the movie, so people still take issue for some reason. Personally I love getting extra minifigs even if they weren’t in the scene depicted

I don't mind getting an extra figure either, unless there is a more important character we've never gotten before in that scene

The Star Destroyer looks awesome.

Can anyone make out what the minifigs are? Is it just a generic Stormtrooper and generic officer?

Quite studdy looking, but visually looks a bit better than I thought! Looks like the FB post about the 2 figs was right :/ Looks like there is an admiral and a crew member. Definitely the ISD Mk1 from what I can tell from the sensor arrays and I'm hoping they got the turrets correct this time. Also I really like the stand for the set as well and probably the most impressive. 

So far looks good, but I can't make out much detail due to the quality of the pic. 

Getting even more excited for HQ pics!!!

Using some terrible cut and paste work in Paint (and being terribly inaccurate because the image is at an angle) it looks like the ISD is around 110 studs in length, which would make it about 90cm in length. 

It was reported as 110cm by someone before, which sounds about right when you account for my inaccurate measurement. 

Edit: A more accurate attempt came out at 130 studs. That's 105cm so the 110cm report sounds right. 

Edited by nikhkin

Holy crap that's a big boy. The shape from the top is pretty much perfect. Definitly hyped for the HD pics.  

The two mini figs seems to be a storm trooper and a storm trooper officer maybe? He's definitly wearing black. It would make sense as it's the only time we see them and the tantive IV being included means early sequence of a new hope. 

Edited by RetroInferno

It looks brilliant so far. Looks like a Stormtrooper (?) and Imoerial Navy Office (?). I guess we’ll see tomorrow. Also looks like a mini Tanitive IV is included.