Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

46 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think he left, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he go on a rant about people constantly asking for more info than he had despite him saying time and time again that he shared what he could?

If I remember correctly he jumped on someone for reporting info on a set (Yoda, I think it was?) that he had already confirmed months earlier, even though that user had more information that hadn't been mentioned yet. He got called out on it by several users, and then got mad and left.

I think he got frustrated by people constantly asking for more info or getting frustrated that not enough was being shared. Either way, he isn't posting here anymore. He was a good bloke though.

I echo the sentiments about Lego getting a leak free reveal. I think the lack of figures leaking through the factories has really helped also.

we are all speaking about price/piece but what about the weight/piece ?

5 hours ago, TheRacker said:

But it really doesn't hold that true, most star wars sets are right in line with unlicensed product lines, and we have sets like the UCS Falcon and Death Star play set that aren't as outrageously priced as the rumored Star Destroyer, and those sets are huge and heavy and filled with big pieces like the Star Destroyer will be. 

Edit: Across most themes, Star Wars is about 10% more expensive price/piece, compared to non disney license and non licensed sets. Which still makes $700 ludicrous compared to other star wars and disney sets out now of similar size.

That video is a: only true for American prices, and b: out of date, the problem has clearly gotten worse in recent years. The difference is exaggerated in countries with higher prices than America (which is to say... every country other than America)

Can we at least wait for the reveal and then give an opinion on whether it is worth the (still unofficial) price? There are so many factors that determine ‘value’ and it’s highly subjective. I, for one, have not been this excited about a SW Lego release since 75192 UCS MF.

8 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

If I remember correctly he jumped on someone for reporting info on a set (Yoda, I think it was?) that he had already confirmed months earlier, even though that user had more information that hadn't been mentioned yet. He got called out on it by several users, and then got mad and left.

Ah. I remember this, but I didn't know he quit because of it.

6 hours ago, G59 said:

we are all speaking about price/piece but what about the weight/piece ?

A good point, especially with this star destroyer. $700 for 4700 massive plates is better than $500 for 4700 1x1s

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

That video is a: only true for American prices, and b: out of date, the problem has clearly gotten worse in recent years. The difference is exaggerated in countries with higher prices than America (which is to say... every country other than America)

Mwahahahaha us capitalists have less difference in our lego prices.:devil_laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

It’s funny seeing all the Americans complain about a $700 price tag when the Aussie price is likely to be as high as $1100, if not worse

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s funny seeing all the Americans complain about a $700 price tag when the Aussie price is likely to be as high as $1100, if not worse

I agree, though I live in the Netherlands. LEGO's currency conversion really sucks and all that comes at the cost of pretty much every (lego-buying) wallet outside of the US

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Well, here in Turkey, monthly minimum wage is 300$...

Please, please don’t make the rest of us Aussies look like idiots - go learn some economic basics before saying dumb stuff like that.

9 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

Will the new UCS also be released on Triple Force Friday? 

Rumors are it will be released for VIPs on September 16th with general release on October 1st

1 hour ago, Darth Sutius said:

Please, please don’t make the rest of us Aussies look like idiots - go learn some economic basics before saying dumb stuff like that.

I know my economics. Aussie prices sound a lot worse than what they actually are. with exchange rates, shipping costs, taxes etc the prices are more or less the same. But when we're talking purely numbers, $1000 is a lot of money in both currencies. When someone asks how much the UCS Falcon costs, which price tag are they going to be put off by, $800 or $1300?

38 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I know my economics. Aussie prices sound a lot worse than what they actually are. with exchange rates, shipping costs, taxes etc the prices are more or less the same. But when we're talking purely numbers, $1000 is a lot of money in both currencies. When someone asks how much the UCS Falcon costs, which price tag are they going to be put off by, $800 or $1300?

I would be put off by 3600₺. I know it's almost equal to 1300 australian dollars or 800 american dollars but it's more than avarage engineer salary here. I wish I was born at some other country.

6 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I would be put off by 3600₺. I know it's almost equal to 1300 australian dollars or 800 american dollars but it's more than avarage engineer salary here. I wish I was born at some other country.

I bought lego ones in the Istanbul AirPort, pretty descent prices what I recall for being an AirPort. But of course, doesnt help when ones salary is too low

I know my economics...When someone asks how much the UCS Falcon costs, which price tag are they going to be put off by, $800 or $1300?

Oxymoron...

36 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

Oxymoron...

Yeah $1300 AUD is $877 USD, which is what a falcon costs here with tax, I don't see the issue. Plus wages are generally higher in Australia. Cost of living is also higher, but the price definitely isn't a ripoff. If the absolute number is the only thing that matters, how does anything ever sell in japan where everyday things cost hundreds to thousands of yen?

15 hours ago, Darth Sutius said:

9 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Yeah $1300 AUD is $877 USD, which is what a falcon costs here with tax, I don't see the issue. Plus wages are generally higher in Australia. Cost of living is also higher, but the price definitely isn't a ripoff. If the absolute number is the only thing that matters, how does anything ever sell in japan where everyday things cost hundreds to thousands of yen?

EXACTLY. I feel like people think canadian dollars, australian dollars, and Us dollars are all worth the same...they aren't. Exchange rates and prices really aren't terrible, guys. Things cost more in canada and australia because those dollars are worth less then US dollars, just like a yen isn't equivalent to a dollar as @TheRacker explains.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

EXACTLY. I feel like people think canadian dollars, australian dollars, and Us dollars are all worth the same...they aren't. Exchange rates and prices really aren't terrible, guys. Things cost more in canada and australia because those dollars are worth less then US dollars, just like a yen isn't equivalent to a dollar as @TheRacker explains.

Then what about the $ to € conversion? :D I'm still wondering how 39.99$ can become 49.99€ according to lego.

Also, I think we should get back on the set discussion rather than the price discussion, although I agree with most about some sets being overpriced we don't want the mods shutting the talk the hard way.

Anyway, just a couple of days to go for the reveal, although I don't collect UCS I'm still quite curious to see how it turns out, and I'm still baffled we did not get a single leak for it all this time.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There are actually some sets, like 75192 and the Disney Train, that are cheaper in CAD than USD, when you do the conversion, even.

25 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

There are actually some sets, like 75192 and the Disney Train, that are cheaper in CAD than USD, when you do the conversion, even.

Yeah, other countries don't have it terrible compared to the U.S.

Back to actual set discussion though, lego revealed some glorified force areana reskin called lego star wars battles, and a geonosis clone flame trooper (commander jet I believe) is shown, which is interesting as he's the only non-physically released figure in the promo images lego provided. Does this mean jet could appear in 2020?

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Back to actual set discussion though, lego revealed some glorified force areana reskin called lego star wars battles, and a geonosis clone flame trooper (commander jet I believe) is shown, which is interesting as he's the only non-physically released figure in the promo images lego provided. Does this mean jet could appear in 2020?

It means nothing other than a flame trooper is in the game. Remember the moulded fathiers in that YouTube video they uploaded a while back?

Just got Black Aces tie Interceptor ,great little set to add the the tie collection ,even thou it's a modified star fighter ,makes sense after all once the empire fell ,there would have being vast amounts of them crashed or abandoned around the galaxy,like the up coming ATST set .I noticed BB8 is slightly different his printing is ever so  slightly bigger.I love the POE flight uniform being the bright orange like the Rebel pilots and different design  flight uniform.The two resistance sets i'm very glad I purchased ,i didn't watch the series ,just the high lights on Utube. Still would purchase any more sets if they do any.