Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Cottin said:

Thanks for the clarification. I had just edited my initial post when I got your reply. 

I was fooled for a moment too, but the first comment on the Instagram image is someone calling it out as fake and identifying the MOC. 

That MOC is about 15,000 pieces. 

Edit: Actually, I think the one I've linked is only the mid-sized MOC. The fake box is the huge one shown in the same post.

Edited by nikhkin

I knew it was too good to be true the moment I saw Krennic and Scariff. Good fake though, better than the ones people made for the MILF a couple years back. 

2 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I was fooled for a moment too, but the first comment on the Instagram image is someone calling it out as fake and identifying the MOC. 

That MOC is about 15,000 pieces. 

That MOC is breathtaking in its entirety. I love the interior and all the details, thanks for sharing the original post!

I saw the post when it was less than 10 minutes old and no one had commented yet, so I thought I was on the cutting edge. But after commenting on here I went back to the post, only to see it debunked. I was intoxicated by the thought of being the first one to break the news on these forums as I'm usually the last to find out about leaks :facepalm: haha

Also, Brikkyy13, is MILF really what folks call the Millennium Falcon for short?? LMAO!

Edited by Cottin

Just now, Cottin said:

That MOC is breathtaking in its entirety. I love the interior and all the details, thanks for sharing the original post!

I saw the post when it was less than 10 minutes old and no one had commented yet, so I thought I was on the cutting edge. But after commenting on here I went back to the post, only to see it debunked. I was intoxicated by the thought of being the first one to break the news on these forums and I'm usually the last to find out about leaks :facepalm: haha

The MOC is absolutely amazing.

Looks like the guy posting on Instagram is deleting the comments that are calling him out for it being fake.

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

The MOC is absolutely amazing.

Looks like the guy posting on Instagram is deleting the comments that are calling him out for it being fake.

They always do that. They're looking for their 5 minutes of internet fame, upload a fake saying it's real and get angry when people call him/her out for it

I think anyone hoping for DS levels of figures will be disappointed in the same way the people who thought the Helicarrier would have 20 figures were.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I think anyone hoping for DS levels of figures will be disappointed in the same way the people who thought the Helicarrier would have 20 figures were.

I think the best case scenario would be a range like the UCS Falcon or the old UCS Star Destroyer. We'll get a couple of Stormtroopers, a couple of officers and potentially a Vader. We may also see a TIE pilot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were as low as the UCS Slave I. 

There’s someone in the LEGO Star Wars collectors Facebook group claiming to have seen the set, he says there’s only 2 figures. He refuses to say what they are beyond “you will be disappointed” so take it with a grain of salt. He’s also claiming there’s a small interior.

2 figures seems highly unlikely to me, and I expect at least something like the interior of the SSD. I think the best we can hope for would be the figures from the fake leak: Vader, Tarkin, Krennic, 2 stormies and 2 officers. Save for Krennic I think that’s right on the money. Only a few more days until we know for sure :laugh:

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

There’s someone in the LEGO Star Wars collectors Facebook group claiming to have seen the set, he says there’s only 2 figures. He refuses to say what they are beyond “you will be disappointed” so take it with a grain of salt. He’s also claiming there’s a small interior.

Tbh I can absolutely believe it only having 2 minifigs, assuming they'll flank the information plaque like the Snowspeeder and Y-Wing. In that case I would guess a couple of named Imperial Officers, depending on the specific movie they're basing it on.

Did he add any information beyond the number of minifigs, such as how it looked / scale etc?

Just now, nikhkin said:

Tbh I can absolutely believe it only having 2 minifigs, assuming they'll flank the information plaque like the Snowspeeder and Y-Wing. In that case I would guess a couple of named Imperial Officers, depending on the specific movie they're basing it on.

Did he add any information beyond the number of minifigs, such as how it looked / scale etc?

I definitely can see it having two figures as well, I just don’t think (or I’m really hoping)  LEGO has the balls to put only 2 figures in a set that big. Unless they include microfigures (which I really hope they don’t).

I think he mentioned something about the size of the set being the real attraction, but I really didn’t pay too much attention because it threw up so many red flags for me. I think the words “stud shooters” were thrown around too. 

Am I the only one who is bored by re-releases?

They contuniously release y-x-a wing, tie fighters, mf and other classic ships. Entire rots line is just remastered sets and some bike thing. 

Lego needs to stop this and release new sets. Sets from rebel fleets or prequel trilogy.

Edited by Mizyaz

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

I definitely can see it having two figures as well, I just don’t think (or I’m really hoping)  LEGO has the balls to put only 2 figures in a set that big. Unless they include microfigures (which I really hope they don’t).

I think he mentioned something about the size of the set being the real attraction, but I really didn’t pay too much attention because it threw up so many red flags for me. I think the words “stud shooters” were thrown around too. 

I'd like to think they wouldn't, especially if the leaked price is true. If it really only has 2 minifigs then it needs something else to help sell it. If it's $700 with 2 minifigs and 4800 pieces then a lot of people won't be happy. I think Lego need a win after the mixed reception they had for Cloud City. 

Stud Shooters don't sound right for such a high end set. I don't remember there being any in the Falcon, and this should be of the same quality. They certainly wouldn't work for the turbolasers because the scale would be wrong. 

Someone is selling the 75055 ISD on Facebook near me. If this turns out to be a disappointment I may buy it to make me feel a bit better. 

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll get a bit more in the next few days. 

16 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think the words “stud shooters” were thrown around too. 

Oh, God, no. I have to agree with nikhkin, this set needs to be at the same level of the Falcon. While the Falcon's playability is limited, the few play functions it has do not hinder the overall look of the set.

It's true that only two minifigures in a 700$ set is very low. Hopefully these people are mistaken or the set's outer looks and size redeem it from not having as many figures or interior space as the Falcon.

I know TLG's main target audience is kids, but not for a 700$ set.

I'm more inclined to believe there's only two figures. Probably something exclusive about them. I think it all depends on how much interior space there is. If there isn't much then no need for more than two figures.

Personally I'm happy with there being very few figures in sets like this. These things should be about the build. I remember the Red Five just having R2 and the B-Wing having none. Figures populate the sets so it works for things like Ewok Village, CC and DS.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

And the possibility of nanofigs isn't off the table yet either :classic: I know some people would dislike that, but I certainly wouldn't mind :moar:

Very true. There was a long period of denial over in the Harry Potter thread when people refused to accept there would be a micro-scale Hogwarts with only 4 regular minifigs up until just before release. It's certainly possible they'll go for the Hogwarts / Helicarrier system. 

Edited by nikhkin

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

Yeah, I'm assuming we'll get 5-10 figures maximum, just vader, some stormtroopers, and officers.

55 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

They contuniously release y-x-a wing, tie fighters, mf and other classic ships. Entire rots line is just remastered sets and some bike thing. 

Lego needs to stop this and release new sets. Sets from rebel fleets or prequel trilogy.

They continually release these ships becuase they sell well, and lucasfilm wants them to always have the most famous ships on shelves so anyone can get one. 

I don’t feel the need for UCS sets to include very many figures. That’s more what MBS sets are for. I’ll buy this for the massive ISD, not for a couple extra stormtroopers, another Vader, etc. I wouldn’t mind some officers since I love those types of figures a lot but, I’m not building up unrealistic minifig expectations for this. I buy UCS for the builds. Any figures at all are a bonus 

1 hour ago, Mizyaz said:

As long as there are improvements, I don’t mind. If it’s a good enough improvement, I’ll get it. If not, I’ll save some money. Win/win. But I don’t consider a Resistance Y-Wing a remake of a Rebellion Y-Wing. Two totally different things. I love the idea of having a Rebellion fleet and a Resistance fleet; an Imperial fleet and a First Order fleet. To me, if there’s variation then it’s collectible.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I thought it would merge

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As long as there are improvements, I don’t mind. If it’s a good enough improvement, I’ll get it. If not, I’ll save some money. Win/win. But I don’t consider a Resistance Y-Wing a remake of a Rebellion Y-Wing. Two totally different things. I love the idea of having a Rebellion fleet and a Resistance fleet; an Imperial fleet and a First Order fleet. To me, if there’s variation then it’s collectible.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I thought it would merge

I don't mind 2-3 remakes per year. But the entire wave of a new movie has almost no new designs. Even han solo had 5 new ships. Or Rogue one. They could have made that new tie.

2 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

Realistically this isn't on Lego.

They're producing sets for the upcoming movie based on the concept art they've been given. If the new movie features A-Wings, Y-Wings and the Millennium Falcon then that's what we're going to get sets of. Based on what we saw in the trailer, there aren't exactly a lot of new ship designs to choose from. 

Just feel lucky we got an A-Wing set and not a third Po's X-Wing (which I'm certain will make an appearance in the next wave). 

2 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

That's not up to lego. Lego has to make sets based on Episode 9 and Lucasfilm has chosen to essentially reuse a lot of OT shipdesigns for the ST. 

And it wouldn't make any sense for lego to make rebel/prequel based vehicles for the first wave of Episode 9 sets

24 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Just feel lucky we got an A-Wing set and not a third Po's X-Wing (which I'm certain will make an appearance in the next wave). 

I wouldn't really mind, the grey and orange colorcombo looks pretty cool and hopefully it includes the Poe figure from the Y-Wing set (love the figure but I don't want the set)

3 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

That's on LFL there, not Lego, across the board there's a reliance on the OT that is getting so tiresome.

Just now, AManofNoConsequence said:

That's on LFL there, not Lego, across the board there's a reliance on the OT that is getting so tiresome.

I missed almost all the prequel sets. Its really sad that they are overpricing those that they make recently. Last normal priced prequel set I bought was that jedi ship. 2019 is the worst year for lego star wars imo.(After 2013) But its perfect for those who start collecting recently.

14 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I missed almost all the prequel sets. Its really sad that they are overpricing those that they make recently. Last normal priced prequel set I bought was that jedi ship. 2019 is the worst year for lego star wars imo.(After 2013) But its perfect for those who start collecting recently.

Well after this it’s all new. But there will always we waves of sets that include rereleases. Just as there will always be a Falcon on shelves.