Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Space is a larger issue to me, I currently have no idea where to put the ISD. The MF and Cloud City sets were though on their own, and now that this beast will be added... *huh*

This is a constant issue for me. 

I would definitely have bought the Falcon if I had somewhere to store it. 

An ISD will hopefully fit, but the space I have is a specific length. I really wish the size of the set had leaked so I could gauge whether there's any chance at all of it fitting in the gap I have.

Ugh, not this ridiculous box silhouette garbage again. I stand firm on my opinion that its coincidences and design choices, and until someone from TLG comes out and says that its not I won't believe otherwise. Yes there's a Falcon on the box of the Death Star, there's also TIE Fighters and several rebel ships. The silhouettes are obviously there to allude to the Battle of Yavin, note that The Falcon on that box was placed directly behind the included TIE Advanced. Cloud City is in the background of the Falcon box because the Falcon is mostly modeled after the ESB version of the ship, it includes ESB figures so of course they're going to put something like that on the box. The photo of the side of the MILF box has Star Destroyers but also includes the second Death Star and the forest moon, clearly depicting the Battle of Endor.

Not to mention the fact that its been pretty easy to guess the UCS sets these last couple of years since they've almost run out of things to make/remake. People were correctly predicting the Y-Wing when the Snowspeeder came out and people were predicting the Tantive IV/ISD pair for this year when the Y-Wing came out. The only way LEGO can surprise me with their UCS Star Wars sets is if we don't see an A-Wing and at least 1 TIE variant over the next couple of years.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Ugh, not this ridiculous box silhouette garbage again. I stand firm on my opinion that its coincidences and design choices, and until someone from TLG comes out and says that its not I won't believe otherwise. Yes there's a Falcon on the box of the Death Star, there's also TIE Fighters and several rebel ships. The silhouettes are obviously there to allude to the Battle of Yavin, note that The Falcon on that box was placed directly behind the included TIE Advanced. Cloud City is in the background of the Falcon box because the Falcon is mostly modeled after the ESB version of the ship, it includes ESB figures so of course they're going to put something like that on the box. The photo of the side of the MILF box has Star Destroyers but also includes the second Death Star and the forest moon, clearly depicting the Battle of Endor.

Not to mention the fact that its been pretty easy to guess the UCS sets these last couple of years since they've almost run out of things to make/remake. People were correctly predicting the Y-Wing when the Snowspeeder came out and people were predicting the Tantive IV/ISD pair for this year when the Y-Wing came out. The only way LEGO can surprise me with their UCS Star Wars sets is if we don't see an A-Wing and at least 1 TIE variant over the next couple of years.

Brikkyy obviously entered my head while I was asleep and posted my thoughts for me. I commend your mastery of the dark arts.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:13 PM, Chromide said:

I see no reason why not to give us a 501st battle pack, or galactic marines, or whatever. It's much better than another stupid battle pack with officer and technician figures.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I find your lack of faith disturbing. The silhouettes were OBVIOUSLY very different from the other things shown on the boxes. Anyway, whatever, I think it means something, not everyone has to agree. I didn’t realize when I brought it up that some people were so offended by the idea

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I find your lack of faith disturbing. The silhouettes were OBVIOUSLY very different from the other things shown on the boxes. Anyway, whatever, I think it means something, not everyone has to agree. I didn’t realize when I brought it up that some people were so offended by the idea

He's probably just tired of the same discussion being started again and again and again even though it previously didn't go anywhere. It happens a lot in the Harry Potter tread and I must agree it can be quite irritating

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

He's probably just tired of the same discussion being started again and again and again even though it previously didn't go anywhere. It happens a lot in the Harry Potter tread and I must agree it can be quite irritating

I have to agree.

We had pages and pages of discussion about the silhouettes, even though there is absolutely no evidence it means anything. Sure, they had a Falcon silhouette on a box, but the ship was present in that battle. Sure, there was a Star Destroyer, but again it is a very common ship to see in the background. 

I was sure there was a Diagon Alley set coming out for Harry Potter simply because of how much discussion there was over in that thread. 

On the topic of the Star Destroyer, does anyone have any expectations about the size? Tbh I'm hoping it's a bit smaller than the previous one. 

Honestly I wasn’t even trying to bring out a debate on it. I just wanted to bring up the idea that there might be a new silhouette on this new box just because no I say had mentioned it yet. Never meant it to be a big deal. I just thought it was something fun to think about. We don’t have to talk about it anymore.

As far as size, I never hope for a downsize, I just love massive sets. I’ll find the space somewhere. But it honestly will most likely be smaller because it’ll probably have a partial interior and won’t be held together with magnets, so the piece count inside will be much higher

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I wasn’t even trying to bring out a debate on it. I just wanted to bring up the idea that there might be a new silhouette on this new box just because no I say had mentioned it yet. Never meant it to be a big deal. I just thought it was something fun to think about. We don’t have to talk about it anymore.

As far as size, I never hope for a downsize, I just love massive sets. I’ll find the space somewhere. But it honestly will most likely be smaller because it’ll probably have a partial interior and won’t be held together with magnets, so the piece count inside will be much higher

If there's a clear one on the next (or if there isn't) it should settle the discussion for good. 

For me it comes down to how easy it is to display. I could just barely fit something the size of the old one onto a unit I have. Any bigger and there's no chance it'll fit. A little bit smaller and it will fit perfectly.

I understand why the Falcon is the size it is, since it makes it minifig scale (it's just a shame I can't put it anywhere). A Star Destroyer can be made in any size and I'd rather they reduce the size by 10%, but add a nice interior section and increase the structural integrity of it as a trade off. 

11 hours ago, Markalus said:

Now that we have a date and it’s so close I concur! It would be awesome   (...as I hit refresh on legoleaks). 

Me too, It'd be awful if someone leaked it this late in the game. (Also aggresively hitting the refresh button)

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don't get why people don't accept the possibility that it could be a hint, no ones saying it's confirmation.

5 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'd prefer that newly leaked fake "UCS womp-rat" over any battleback.

It's a comical set, but I don't see it as better than a $15 set of, say, sith troopers.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Brikkyy obviously entered my head while I was asleep and posted my thoughts for me. I commend your mastery of the dark arts.

:devil_laugh:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bingo

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's a comical set, but I don't see it as better than a $15 set of, say, sith troopers.

You clearly haven’t seen the contents of the womp rat’s stomach. 1000% better than any battle pack. 

We are getting off track a little here. Please keep discussion of general opinions in the appropriate thread. If you have something to say about a specific 2019 set, this is the place to talk about it. If you want to talk about battle packs in general go to the other thread. As for silhouettes, if you don't have a substantiated rumor please discuss it in the wish list thread. 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I never knew anyone hated battlepacks...I’ll take any battlepack TLG ever gives us, I can’t get enough of them

Especially next year's battlepacks. If the codenames are correct, it's a mandalorian battlepack and a first order TROS battlepack. Assumably the TROS one will contain sith and or jump troopers, so it'll be an easy way to get massable figures without having to buy a ton of speeder chases or first order shuttles, and whatever the mando pack has, be it scum, imperial death and/or flame troopers, or even other mandalorians if the series does go that way (which I doubt), it'll be a cheap way to army-build a faction.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Especially next year's battlepacks. If the codenames are correct, it's a mandalorian battlepack and a first order TROS battlepack. Assumably the TROS one will contain sith and or jump troopers, so it'll be an easy way to get massable figures without having to buy a ton of speeder chases or first order shuttles, and whatever the mando pack has, be it scum, imperial death and/or flame troopers, or even other mandalorians if the series does go that way (which I doubt), it'll be a cheap way to army-build a faction.

Looking at the codename I'd say the battlepack will include 3 Sithtroopers (with some slight changes) and 1 normal Stormtrooper. And I really hope the boxart once again shows the Stormtrooper looking like he has no clue why he's included in that pack, just like with the Praetorian Guard set (pictured below but in a spoiler tag, in case people find a picture of an old set annoying for some reason)

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego praetorian guard battle pack

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at the codename I'd say the battlepack will include 3 Sithtroopers (with some slight changes) and 1 normal Stormtrooper. And I really hope the boxart once again shows the Stormtrooper looking like he has no clue why he's included in that pack, just like with the Praetorian Guard set (pictured below but in a spoiler tag, in case people find a picture of an old set annoying for some reason)

I agree this is the most likely outcome, possibly with a jumptrooper of officer instead of the third sithtrooper. I don't mind the stormtrooper being in the sets as it's the most massable unit, but it is HILARIOUS how out of place he looks/is in some sets. I bought 2 of the guardpacks and combined them into a larger version of the build and e-web type thing, and I display it with only one stormtrooper present, just standing in the corner with his head down.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree this is the most likely outcome, possibly with a jumptrooper of officer instead of the third sithtrooper. I don't mind the stormtrooper being in the sets as it's the most massable unit, but it is HILARIOUS how out of place he looks/is in some sets. I bought 2 of the guardpacks and combined them into a larger version of the build and e-web type thing, and I display it with only one stormtrooper present, just standing in the corner with his head down.

All the Praetorian Guards standing in cool fightposes while the Stormy just... stands there, doesnt help either :laugh_hard: But I do think it's hilarious

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

All the Praetorian Guards standing in cool fightposes while the Stormy just... stands there, doesnt help either :laugh_hard: But I do think it's hilarious

It was nice that we had a cheap way to get some of the redesigned TLJ Stormtrooper helmet variants with that set. We got so many TFA versions, even in the first wave of TLJ sets. It was nice that they redesigned them to be accurate to TLJ. The helmets in TROS seem to also be the newer versions. There’s also one in the advent calendar which is nice 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It was nice that we had a cheap way to get some of the redesigned TLJ Stormtrooper helmet variants with that set. We got so many TFA versions, even in the first wave of TLJ sets. It was nice that they redesigned them to be accurate to TLJ. The helmets in TROS seem to also be the newer versions. There’s also one in the advent calendar which is nice 

I do like army builders in the advant calander, I don't like minibuilds for SW stuff so I just use them as part pack/army builders. I personally liked the TFA designs until I got a TLJ stormy in hand, and then I had to switch all my TFA helmets for TLJ ones. It just feels more accurate to the entire trilogy.

Five more days until the reveal, wooooooh boy.

I just came across the old Reddit post with the list for the 2019 D2Cs. Strange that it lists the second UCS as a 500$ set, while the 700$ price tag has been most recently and repeatedly reported.

1300 more pieces than 10030 and hopefully roughly the same size (93x59x43, what a beast!). Any guesses what the Canadian price will be? Disney Train and Station is 380CAD and 330USD (380CAD = about 280USD, though). 75192 is 900CAD and 800USD (900USD = 675USD). It wouldn't make sense to make this the same price as the UCS Millenium Falcon. Perhaps in the 850 - 800CAD range?

Thursday can't come soon enough :moar:. Hopefully 75252 will live up to the hype.

Unless it's a hoax, the first pic of the box has surfaced on instagram. Looks like an impressive model, but the figures included are scant.. for $700 I wanted a lineup like the Death Star. What does everyone think?

EDIT: Another insta user has since come forward to declare the box a fake. Sorry for the false alarm, just got off work and was juiced to be the messenger.. guess we'll all have to wait until the actual release date, but it's so soon now that I'm not bothered. 

Edited by Cottin
bad info..

Looks like we've hit the point of people posting MOCs with box art and claiming them as leaks. 

4 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I just came across the old Reddit post with the list for the 2019 D2Cs. Strange that it lists the second UCS as a 500$ set, while the 700$ price tag has been most recently and repeatedly reported.

Tbh I am still hoping that the price has been misreported and the $700 price is the CAD price, not USD. 

Just now, Cottin said:

Unless it's a hoax, the first pic of the box has surfaced on instagram. Looks like an impressive model, but the figures included are scant.. for $700 I wanted a lineup like the Death Star. What does everyone think?

It's a fake. 

Edit: this is the one being passed off as the new UCS in the "leak"

Edited by nikhkin

Just now, nikhkin said:

Looks like we've hit the point of people posting MOCs with box art and claiming them as leaks. 

Tbh I am still hoping that the price has been misreported and the $700 price is the CAD price, not USD. 

It's a fake. 

Thanks for the clarification. I had just edited my initial post when I got your reply.