Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

Exactly what I did with the falcon thanks to the efferman stand (and a spare windowsill the company that did our kitchen let me have when they ordered the wrong length) :classic:

Looking forward to see what the star destroyer looks like. Barely bought much Lego SW this year as I've not been too inspired by the new sets. I think the issue for me will be display-ability/space, hence why I haven't yet bought last year's CC yet (and not seen a good discount to make me buy it).

I brick linked all the parts for that stand and I absolutely love it, it saves so much space and displays it far better than the landing gear does

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

A 501st Trooper exists. It's just not as cheap as you'd like it. Get used to it.

A CW version of the 212th trooper exists too, but there was still a battle pack made for it.

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, the Rebel BP from 2008 and the Mandalorian BP from 2011 are the only ones with identical minifigs and they’re probably the most boring ones they‘ve ever released. And they’re not even exclusive minifigs at that :tongue: Massability is only a factor if you‘re interested in army-building, if you‘re a collector like I am there‘s not much worth to a set with this little variety. If BPs have little variety, you can only please people interested in army-building that EXACT type of trooper. More variety simply means broader appeal

Yeah but they never had to have 4 identical minifigs, one of them could be an arf trooper or something.

I see no reason why not to give us a 501st battle pack, or galactic marines, or whatever. It's much better than another stupid battle pack with officer and technician figures.

1 hour ago, Chromide said:

I see no reason why not to give us a 501st battle pack, or galactic marines, or whatever. It's much better than another stupid battle pack with officer and technician figures.

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

A CW version of the 212th trooper exists too, but there was still a battle pack made for it.

Because Lego does not deem it relevant or necessary at this point.

So why don't we move on now.. Let's make guesses about the release date of the new UCS set. Since LEGO is announcing it next week I feel like there will be a VIP release on Sept 20 or possibly the Sept 13. What do you guys think? 

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

So why don't we move on now.. Let's make guesses about the release date of the new UCS set. Since LEGO is announcing it next week I feel like there will be a VIP release on Sept 20 or possibly the Sept 13. What do you guys think? 

It’s not on the S@H calendar for this month so my guess is October. Either the first of October, or Triple Force Friday with all the Ep9 sets

3 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Exactly what I did with the falcon thanks to the efferman stand (and a spare windowsill the company that did our kitchen let me have when they ordered the wrong length) :classic:

Looking forward to see what the star destroyer looks like. Barely bought much Lego SW this year as I've not been too inspired by the new sets. I think the issue for me will be display-ability/space, hence why I haven't yet bought last year's CC yet (and not seen a good discount to make me buy it).

This is exactly my problem! I want an upgraded better version, but I hope it is not too much bigger than the original, or else something else may need to be sacrificed to make room!

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

I’ve heard Sept. 18th for VIPs. 

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

Like (episode 7 and 8,) episode 9 will be only a remake of episode 6, but much worse. So the sets of this movie are nearly the same, too. Congratulations to your lack of ideas, Disney! :thumbdown:

In contrast, I really like that mini Battle of Endor diorama - great job, TLG! :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Like (episode 7 and 8,) episode 9 will be only a remake of episode 6, but much worse. So the sets of this movie are nearly the same, too. Congratulations to your lack of ideas, Disney! :thumbdown:

will it, though? From what we've seen so far it looks pretty different, and TLJ was criticized for how radically different it was. (As well as some bad characters, plotlines, etc.) Personally I don't think TROS will be that similar to return of the jedi besides concluding a trilogy and killing palpatine.

18 minutes ago, Markalus said:

I’ve heard Sept. 18th for VIPs. 

that seems reasonable, it'll probably be sept 13-20ish

32 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

This is exactly my problem! I want an upgraded better version, but I hope it is not too much bigger than the original, or else something else may need to be sacrificed to make room!

Ha! My problem's not space, but cost. How does one justify spending $700 on a single set to one's family, much less have $700 available to spend on a single set?

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ha! My problem's not space, but cost. How does one justify spending $700 on a single set to one's family, much less have $700 available to spend on a single set?

Hmm, ok two problems! Your right though, I sold off older legos, original SW figs, and other items to justify the last lego Falcon, I dont think I have anything left to sell this time. I was originally hoping for $500. Having $1500 tied up in two sets is going to be tough sell. I don't think there is a justification!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I typically just try to work longer hours and save more, it doesn’t usually take that long if you’re really motivated and have a decent job. As far as family goes, it’s all about the approach. That’s the most important part, I have to really sell the idea. VIP points go a long way too if you save up long enough.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I typically just try to work longer hours and save more

That's fine if you have a job paid by the hour with overtime capacity. Those of us on a fixed salary don't really have a choice. 

My salary isn't bad, but dropping the better part of £1000 on a Lego set is still a big deal. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Simple, just dont have a family

4 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

In contrast, I really like that mini Battle of Endor diorama - great job, TLG! :thumbup:

The Last Jedi wasn't really a remake, it was just different (which was what the fans wanted). Only Rian Johnson started making a Star Wars movie and ended up making Battlestar Galactica with Star Wars characters, stupid arcs and extremely childish humor.

Also, everything we've seen from 9 doesn't look like 6 at all. So I'd say wait for the movie to come out untill you pass your judgement?

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Has that been officially verified? Im not convinced by that set. Every other 20th Anniversary set, including polybags, have had the same style of packaging. But that one didn’t. Something seemed very odd about it.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Has that been officially verified? Im not convinced by that set. Every other 20th Anniversary set, including polybags, have had the same style of packaging. But that one didn’t. Something seemed very odd about it.

The box art matches the style on the Mandalorian set. It likely uses this box style because it isn't technically part of the 20th Anniversary wave.

3 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The box art matches the style on the Mandalorian set. It likely uses this box style because it isn't technically part of the 20th Anniversary wave.

It’s got a 20th Anniversary tile on it and follows the Hoth dio formula. The Obi Wan polybag isn’t part of that single wave either but it’s got the same Anniversary packaging style. 

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

That's fine if you have a job paid by the hour with overtime capacity. Those of us on a fixed salary don't really have a choice. 

My salary isn't bad, but dropping the better part of £1000 on a Lego set is still a big deal. 

I see it being closer to £500-550

Just now, Andyperkins said:

I see it being closer to £500-550

£500 and I would be happy, but with the current currency fluctuations I can see us getting a bad deal and it being £600 at the cheapest. 

• MF $800 : £650 (1.2:1 ratio)
  • Star Destriyer ( in theory) $700 : £583.33 (1.2:2 ratio)

I expect it to be rounded up. If they round down to £550 I'll have to think very hard. If they round down to £500 then I'll consider it a good price (provided I can actually display it anywhere). 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My only Star Wars purchase this year has been the Tantive. The regular releases just didn’t peak my interest, so dropping that much on an ISD is more justifiable in my head. Don’t have a gf/wife/kids and my cat won’t judge me, in fact she’ll probably love the big box it’ll come in. Following the rumors also helps because I can start saving earlier if it’s something I want. Preference also is important, I can’t see myself dropping more $300 on anything other than the Falcon or ISD. 

3 minutes ago, Yee said:

My only Star Wars purchase this year has been the Tantive. The regular releases just didn’t peak my interest, so dropping that much on an ISD is more justifiable in my head. Don’t have a gf/wife/kids and my cat won’t judge me, in fact she’ll probably love the big box it’ll come in. Following the rumors also helps because I can start saving earlier if it’s something I want. Preference also is important, I can’t see myself dropping more $300 on anything other than the Falcon or ISD. 

I would not be so confident in the cat not judging you.... 

Its likely a day one purchase for me. 

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Simple, just dont have a family

Good one :laugh: Yeah, being single is great when you‘re a collector, nobody around to judge you for your spending habits :snicker: My cats certainly don‘t mind.

Space is a larger issue to me, I currently have no idea where to put the ISD. The MF and Cloud City sets were though on their own, and now that this beast will be added... *huh*