Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

30 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Pff, still no 501st battlepack... :ugh:

Good. I hope it never happens. Even if it's just Lego being spiteful in response to the Youtube whiny brat squad. 

47 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

And I'm so very glad that is the case. If Lego did this, it would only show that they're very easily influenced by hundreds of children spamming their social media accounts. It's not like all of those people genuinely want to see it happen, they're just following the crowd

Edited by Puresh

Agreed, I hope a 501st BP never sees the light of day, not only to teach those annoying whiners a lesson, but also because it would take the spot of better BPs :grin: I’ve failed to see the point back when this whole discussion started and I still don‘t get why people want it. Not only have clones from the 501st already appeared in sets, they would make for an extremely boring BP. When was the last time we got one with four identical minifigs? :head_back:

I dunno what you all guys are talking about. Sure the whole idea to spam LEGO with this make 501 battle pack was dumb, but for CW fans there’s no way to get legit 501 minifigs now. Plus you could get like a regular trooper, heavy and sniper types.

501st clones have appeared in 2 sets, both in 2013 (6 years ago!), and only as Clone Wars variants. Its about time we got updated versions... preferably they'd be in a cheap set, hence battle pack. Just because you'd rather see the same 4 Stormtroopers again doesn't mean that there's people out there who want to build their own army of the republic. The prequels exist and we love them as much as you love the originals, get used to it. 

I cannot simply spend 10+ on single minifigs if I were to amass an army. The best battle packs are those which can be bought in bulk, ones which are good army builders. The ones we have got recently are terrible army builders, who needs an army of bounty hunters? The CW has been neglected by a long time and there are still many people that like them.

You cannot just say a BP is boring if it has identical minifigs, the best BPs in most peoples opinion are the ones where they are massable. It is not just following a crowd but I think it is one that most people genuinly want. You've seen the 212th clones BP and TLG could literally change the colours into blue and release a new one. Just because the minifig has appeared in a set does not mean it would be 'boring' for it to appear in a BP. Take the praetorian guards for example, you'd rather go for the 70$ set? I don't think so.

There is nothing wrong with this, it is providing feedback. We are the customers of TLG and we have a right to 'whine' about it if we are not satisfied. There is a genuine need for the 501st battle pack and I think it is far more noteable and more recognisable than a lot of the sets made today.

Ok this is kinda getting offtopic

58 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The prequels exist and we love them as much as you love the originals, get used to it. 

I don‘t oppose the idea of battlepacks based on PT or TCW at all, I just don‘t get why people want a 501st battlepack in particular :wink: I’d vastly prefer a Clone Trooper BP that includes at least two different types of troopers, just like all the others that have been released in the past.

44 minutes ago, Reaper said:

You cannot just say a BP is boring if it has identical minifigs, the best BPs in most peoples opinion are the ones where they are massable.

Well, the Rebel BP from 2008 and the Mandalorian BP from 2011 are the only ones with identical minifigs and they’re probably the most boring ones they‘ve ever released. And they’re not even exclusive minifigs at that :tongue: Massability is only a factor if you‘re interested in army-building, if you‘re a collector like I am there‘s not much worth to a set with this little variety. If BPs have little variety, you can only please people interested in army-building that EXACT type of trooper. More variety simply means broader appeal

Edited by Lego-Freak

Why make a post on a thread that's talking about what we KNOW is coming or at least has some grounding in truth, just to complain about something we know isn't coming? That's for an entirely different thread.

A 501st Trooper exists. It's just not as cheap as you'd like it. Get used to it.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed, I hope a 501st BP never sees the light of day, not only to teach those annoying whiners a lesson, but also because it would take the spot of better BPs :grin: I’ve failed to see the point back when this whole discussion started and I still don‘t get why people want it. Not only have clones from the 501st already appeared in sets, they would make for an extremely boring BP. When was the last time we got one with four identical minifigs? :head_back:

I don't count the Clone Wars sets, those had bad printing and ridiculous faces... Btw, I did not paticipated in spamming lego, so don't generalize and call people "whiners". I was just hoping for a BP with clones that all have the same basic printing. I don't like it when figures of the same type for army building have different printing. A BP with minifigures from 4 different units would be just as good.  

Just now, Cyberfounder said:

I don't count the Clone Wars sets, those had bad printing and ridiculous faces... Btw, I did not paticipated in spamming lego, so don't generalize and call people "whiners". I was just hoping for a BP with clones that all have the same basic printing. I don't like it when figures of the same type for army building have different printing. A BP with minifigures from 4 different units would be just as good.  

But this is a thread for things that are coming out. Not what we hope comes out. The wish list thread is here

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Why make a post on a thread that's talking about what we KNOW is coming or at least has some grounding in truth, just to complain about something we know isn't coming? That's for an entirely different thread.

A 501st Trooper exists. It's just not as cheap as you'd like it. Get used to it.

People are always so nice on the net... :sarcasm_hmpf:

People are always so nice on the net... :sarcasm_hmpf:

Read the post I was replying to. You'll find I was just as polite in my response. And entirely honest.

Just now, Robianco said:

But this is a thread for things that are coming out. Not what we hope comes out. The wish list thread is here

Good point, the discussion really has shifted in the wrong direction, my apologies for contributing :blush:

Back to topic: Does anyone remember when the official pictures were released for the TFA and TLJ sets? Were they even revealed before Force Friday? The ones we have right now for the TROS sets aren’t bad, but it‘d be nice to see some pics with better quality :classic: Some details are a bit hard to make out right now

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good point, the discussion really has shifted in the wrong direction, my apologies for contributing :blush:

Back to topic: Does anyone remember when the official pictures were released for the TFA and TLJ sets? Were they even revealed before Force Friday? The ones we have right now for the TROS sets aren’t bad, but it‘d be nice to see some pics with better quality :classic: Some details are a bit hard to make out right now

Images for things like the Speeder/A-Wing/Y-Wing/Kylo Shuttle/Falcon were leaked in perfect quality but it looks like Disney closed that door. I'm sure they're available somewhere though. Are they what you were meaning?

Edited by Robianco

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Does anyone remember when the official pictures were released for the TFA and TLJ sets

Based on articles released about the sets:

Force Awakens sets were revealed around 4/9

Last Jedi sets were revealed around 1/9

8 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Images for things like the Speeder/A-Wing/Y-Wing/Kylo Shuttle/Falcon were leaked in perfect quality but it looks like Disney closed that door. I'm sure they're available somewhere though. Are they what you were meaning?

Yeah, I was referring to those pictures :classic: I‘ve seen them (and saved some screenshots), but the quality could be a bit better. They‘re excellent when compared to other leaks we‘ve seen in the past, but still not good enough if you want to see details like the interior of the Falcon and what not :grin:

3 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Dont understand at all to be honest why so many people are desiring that. Isnt there tons of customs of clones? In my opinion there are plenty of options that dont have custom figures that are more disareble. I think even a reason why lego dont make it is because of that.

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Dont understand at all to be honest why so many people are desiring that. 

Because MandR made it ""cool"" to ask for it on every damn social media site 

28 minutes ago, Robianco said:

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, I was referring to those pictures :classic: I‘ve seen them (and saved some screenshots), but the quality could be a bit better. They‘re excellent when compared to other leaks we‘ve seen in the past, but still not good enough if you want to see details like the interior of the Falcon and what not :grin:

This link should help :wink:

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/deze-lego-star-wars-sets-verschijnen-op-triple-force-friday-2019/

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Thank you, but I mean the HD high-res s@h style pictures where you can see every single stud :wink: Try zooming into one of these and you’ll see what I mean :grin: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Thank you, but I mean the HD high-res s@h style pictures where you can see every single stud :wink: Try zooming into one of these and you’ll see what I mean :grin: 

If you're on Flickr then follow Hoth Bricks (I'm sure you may already do). When those hi res files are available they'll have them straight away.

Just now, Robianco said:

If you're on Flickr then follow Hoth Bricks (I'm sure you may already do). When those hi res files are available they'll have them straight away.

Thanks for the tip, I already do :wink:

31 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Because MandR made it ""cool"" to ask for it on every damn social media site 

Yeah that’s when it got annoying. To be honest, I always wanted a 501st battle pack ever since we got the 212th one. The 501st Clones we got have that weird cartoonish clone wars printing. Same with the Wolfpack troopers, shock troopers, and 327th troopers. At this point, I’m just hoping we get more generic clones of different battalions in future sets, battle packs or otherwise. M&R made this whole thing really obnoxious with his hashtag and everything and now a lot of people want it just because they’re supposed to. I think some of this also started when the Inferno Squad BP was actually rumored to be a 501st BP

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah that’s when it got annoying. To be honest, I always wanted a 501st battle pack ever since we got the 212th one. The 501st Clones we got have that weird cartoonish clone wars printing. Same with the Wolfpack troopers, shock troopers, and 327th troopers. At this point, I’m just hoping we get more generic clones of different battalions in future sets, battle packs or otherwise. M&R made this whole thing really obnoxious with his hashtag and everything and now a lot of people want it just because they’re supposed to. I think some of this also started when the Inferno Squad BP was actually rumored to be a 501st BP

If people want to get annoyed at anything, let it be an other A-wing :hmpf:, an other Y-wing :hmpf:, an other MF :hmpf:, an other AT-ST :hmpf:, an other snowspeeder :hmpf:, etc. with almost 0 design difference from previous designs... :hmpf:

If people want to get annoyed at anything, let it be an other A-wing :hmpf:, an other Y-wing :hmpf:, an other MF :hmpf:, an other AT-ST :hmpf:, an other snowspeeder :hmpf:, etc. with almost 0 design difference from previous designs... :hmpf:

But that’s not down to Lego. That’s down to the design choices of the team putting IX together. They’re the vessels that seem to be prominent in the new movie and as such are deemed to be the sellers. Vessels will be repeated... that’s the nature of wave after wave of toys. There’ll always be a Falcon on shelves too... whichever iteration of it. Nobody is forced to buy anything... and rumours threads aren’t the place to spam about something that isn’t deemed necessary by Lego at this point.