Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

A good iteration of Kylo's shuttle is all I really wanted from this wave, and I'm so glad with how both the build and the mini figures have turned out. 

The rest of the wave is pretty decent too. The Falcon in particular catches my eye because I used to toy with my TFA variant in the hopes I'd get the cockpit at the right angle and close up the gaps. I finally managed it - then dropped it and haven't rebuilt it since (I never made any notes of the modificiations I made).

It'll be interesting the read the instructions and check out the changes between the two (unless I miraculously come into the money to buy the new one). 

13 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

I was wondering about it too :D Anyway, I'm still not quite sure about this wave, firstly because I'm not much of a Sequel fan -I'm way more excited about the Mandalorian and TCW season 7 than about ep IX-, and even then I don't feel the non-IX sets to be a day 1 purchase for me.

non-IX set. Yoda is clearly from that spoilery scene in ep.9 where he reveals that he's been the true villian all along and kills the main cast, then stares at the screen with those terrifying eyes.

I'm not to much of a sequel fan either, but these sets are just too good to pass up.

WOW there's so much to talk about! I love the A-Wing, love Kylo Ren's shuttle, love the rusted AT-ST, really like the Y-Wing and I don't usually like Y-Wings, the Falcon is the best system-scale set yet and the desert skiff set is good though It's odd that it only has Rey in it for the heroes. Also, is that a Stormtrooper on a tread bike!? Did somebody at Lucasfilm see a Ninjago set and say "put it in Star Wars!" :laugh: I kid, I actually dig it. The Death Star set does nithing for me though it is nice to see the bew hood piece in another color and the Yoda set is borderline creepy and is of no interest to me. Overall, killer wave. Waaaay better than TFA and on par with TLJ imho.

There's way too much to comment on, so all I'm gonna say is gapless paneling on the Millennium Falcon :wub:

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Are those 6x4 wedges on the Falcon's mandibles new? I always wondered how TLG could get the mandibles' shape right. I guess the easiest solution was to just produce new pieces.

Pretty new, only in 4 sets, 2 of 'em Star Wars. Plus the Falcon.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48205&name=Wedge, Plate 6 x 4 Right&category=[Wedge, Plate]#T=C

I didn't notice last night because I dont really care about the AT-ST, but its straight up just a reskin of the 2016 one. Not a piece is different except in colour, and a few minor details on the legs. So literally half the sets in this wave (the A-wing, Kylo's shuttle, and the Falcon too) are minor mods to existing sets.

Death Star set is pretty ordinary - Obiwan's hood is nice but the rest is forgettable. The gun looks nothing like the ones in the film with the barrel much too short.

A-Wing, Y-Wing & MF have some nice figures but don't look very compelling being rehashes with slight colour changes. Interesting the MF has gone back to a round dish.

Skiff/Bike set looks ok, although in a galaxy where vehicles either have legs or hover the bike seems a bit out of place.

Mandalorian set is a bit of a weird choice - the Mandalorian's space ship would have been the obvious choice for a set but maybe wouldn't have fitted into the assigned price point. Nice figures I guess but I'll wait to see the show before opening my wallet.

Kylo's Shuttle is the crowning glory of the wave. If I had to criticize I'd say I would have preferred a shuttle pilot or additional Sith Trooper to the generic FO trooper included. Otherwise the only set of the wave I'm definitely getting. I fully expect a BP will have additional Sith Troopers/Jet Pack Troopers (or even Knights of Ren) early next year.

I actually don't mind Yoda after seeing some more of the close up shots. It's not for me but they've done a decent job with it.

Edited by TeufelHund
Spelling

Damn, seeing the speeder chase I think Lego wasted a battlepack opportunity: one treadspeeder, one speeder driver, three Jumptroopers. I would love such a BP, screen accurate and massable, attractive figures.

Anyway, only one jumptrooper in the set and lots of stickers on an otherwise interesting vehicle... not sure.

Not that I’ll buy it, but it’s nice to finally see a mainline Falcon with properly scaled mandibles.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

WOW there's so much to talk about! I love the A-Wing, love Kylo Ren's shuttle, love the rusted AT-ST, really like the Y-Wing and I don't usually like Y-Wings, the Falcon is the best system-scale set yet and the desert skiff set is good though It's odd that it only has Rey in it for the heroes. Also, is that a Stormtrooper on a tread bike!? Did somebody at Lucasfilm see a Ninjago set and say "put it in Star Wars!" :laugh: I kid, I actually dig it. The Death Star set does nithing for me though it is nice to see the bew hood piece in another color and the Yoda set is borderline creepy and is of no interest to me. Overall, killer wave. Waaaay better than TFA and on par with TLJ imho.

I'm gonna be honest until this exact moment I thought the death star one was a juniors set. I'll buy it if it takes me over the minimum purchase threshold for the endor set though.

and "borderline"? Who at lego thought that this was anything besides straight nightmare fuel? This should not be commercially availible for children, it looks like yoda's on drugs.

4 hours ago, Cottin said:

There's way too much to comment on, so all I'm gonna say is gapless paneling on the Millennium Falcon :wub:

Best falcon yet, for sure. Does anyone know who the honed guy next to c-3po is? If that's a helmet it kind of looks like the bounty hunter from the resistance trailer. (the one that's not crimson corsiar of course.)

1 hour ago, Flieger said:

Damn, seeing the speeder chase I think Lego wasted a battlepack opportunity: one treadspeeder, one speeder driver, three Jumptroopers. I would love such a BP, screen accurate and massable, attractive figures.

Anyway, only one jumptrooper in the set and lots of stickers on an otherwise interesting vehicle... not sure.

I'm sure we'll get a 2020 january battlepack with something along the lines of a sith trooper, stormtrooper, jumptrooper, and random officer. Lego likes to put popular elite enemy trooper type figures in expensive sets (death troopers in the krennic shuttle, pratorian guards in snoke's throne room) and then release them later in a $15 battle pack.

I bet we will get the rest of the Knights of Ren, in the wave after this one.

Its the first drop, they've done at least 2 for the new movies, even Solo had 2 waves...  

This is not giving anything away wave and fixes some of the issues from previous waves like Kylo's shuttle.

pretty decent wave for TROS, now let's wait for the next UCS reveal.

Kylos shuttle redo is great, Ill buy it even though I have the previous one.

The Ywing, nose section looks good from top down but looks really bad a thin like a ducks beak on side veiw. I wished they did it in resistance blue but we will have to see the story on this ship.

The A-wing looks great, Same thing on the colour issue, resistance blue would be better to keep it in line. 

Millenium Falcon, Ill have to see more pics of it, still a hard ship to make it look good in lego.

Speeder chase and AT-ST looks great !

Hopefully there will be a battle pack of them Sith troopers.

My usual complaint is that SW sets still have too many studs showing.

The Yoda eyes are so unsettling that I have to have it. It’s probably a good thing I don’t sleep in my LEGO room though lol!

The new sets are all a pass for me, although I hope the mandalorian will appear in a smaller set since I don't like the AT ST.

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It has to be :shrug_oh_well: Two out of six is not exactly what I was hoping for... I doubt they’ll shove all four of the remaining knights into the January wave, so it’ll be June 2020 at the earliest before we get all of them :hmpf:

That Sounds Pretty optimistic if I now My TLG right

18 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

That Sounds Pretty optimistic if I now My TLG right

Yep. Still waiting on the last Praetorian Guard helmet. 

Ok is it just me or is everyone also wondering why no Leia in this wave? I mean even though Carrie died, Leia is in this movie. And we still haven’t gotten her minifig from TLJ or in this new ep 9 wave. Is ST Leia taboo in merch now?

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and "borderline"? Who at lego thought that this was anything besides straight nightmare fuel? This should not be commercially availible for children, it looks like yoda's on drugs.

He's on ketamine

9 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

He's on ketamine

A precedence was set.  The porg was arguably worse/more ugly.

The brick built character sets look much better when they are droids imo.

1 hour ago, lego the hutt said:

A precedence was set.  The porg was arguably worse/more ugly.

The brick built character sets look much better when they are droids imo.

The Porg looked 10x better than... that 

Ofcourse everything is relative, but I don't think the new Yoda is that appaling. Not that I would buy it, since I'm not into those figures but I think they did their best to make it look like an actual Yoda. The only thing that really has my attention is the new Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's :laugh: Shuttle. I missed out on the older one (on purpose) but I do kinda dig the overal design and the fact they actually made it accurate now makes it very tempting to buy it. The figures are cool too, and I hope we get a battlepack that includes those Sith troopers (and hopefully a jetpack trooper too). The rest of the wave is a little meh to me. Nothing really new, just improvements and color changes, which kinda sums up most of the ST for me.