Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Lt. Connix in the A-Wing. Not the end of the world, but I think this means we aren't getting an official U55 orbital loadlifter (transports from Ep. 8) 

Yoda: cover art is kinda nightmare fuel, but then again bricks ALWAYS look better in person, in 3D than 2D photos.

I can't believe I am going to have to buy another Y Wing! At least it does deviate somewhat visually from the OT era starfighters.

Speeder Chase: It's okay - I am intrigued by the minimal 'kiosk' looking build behind it; always interested in building many of these kinds of things to populate displays of frontier worlds.

Falcon: An easy pass, but I'd like a closer look at the bug eyed alien. 

Death Star Cannon - A surprise to me, looks like they are making a bunch of DS scene for those with smaller budgets, great. Wonder if they'll do just the trash compactor. 

Laughed when I saw Kylo's shuttle in black with the correct wing configuration. Almost as if they'd been reading our incessant complaining about it (previous shuttle) since 2015! :laugh:

IX Speeder, Mando AT-ST are day 1 purchases for me. Great wave.

2 hours ago, bountybossk said:

The new hood is very exciting indeed. I'm really really hoping you can combine this hood with neck attachements like the face bandana, the respirator and beards.

I think it will be compatible with those kinds of attachments, perhaps that's even why TLC started creating this version now.
Oooohh the possibilities :drool:

Regards,
Mitch

This wave isnt really that exciting. I think I will get the Y-wing but only when the price gets lovered. I like that it resembles Ralph Mcquarries concept art, thats why. 

I looked into Yoda’s eyes and he looked back into my soul.

gd that thing is frightening. And what is the eye function they’re showing on the back supposed to do?

Man, that Falcon is tempting... Unfortunately I already have the TFA Falcon and can't really justify buying a second one.

I was looking forward to Yoda, but he's disappointing (and a little terrifying). Money I don't have to spend though so that's fine with me.

The new hood piece on Obi-Wan actually looks really good. I might have to get that one.

21 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

And what is the eye function they’re showing on the back supposed to do?

I thing it's just that you can angle the eyes and move them from side to side.

Most of these sets are an easy pass for me. Nice builds but at the end of the day the majority of sets are just remakes with a new coat of paint. Pretty underwhelming lineup for a new movie and TV show. I do think the Millennium Falcon is greatly improved with the closed gaps and wider mandibles. I'll definitely be converting one of my older models into the new set once the instructions come online.

I'm more excited for the new characters that are coming out. They haven't disappointed there. Great to see Connix has finally been made into a minifigure and the new aliens look pretty cool too.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

I think it will be compatible with those kinds of attachments, perhaps that's even why TLC started creating this version now.
Oooohh the possibilities :drool:

Regards,
Mitch

The new hood piece has a lot of potential if combined with other minifigure accessories. One of the more exciting possibilities for me is paving way for new characters like Garindan and Talzin who wouldn't have been possible before.

Haha, Garindan :tongue: Yes, he would definitely be possible with this piece (though his hood seems a bit pointier at the top rear, but if you're not a nitpicker like I am... :innocent: )
Mother Talzin though.. seems to me her headgear is still really different from this piece. But to have it in (dark) red would be nice either way :thumbup:

By the way, does this mean that a Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order set is ruled out? Or would that just be revealed and appear much later in the year?

Regards,
Mitch

17 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Haha, Garindan :tongue: Yes, he would definitely be possible with this piece (though his hood seems a bit pointier at the top rear, but if you're not a nitpicker like I am... :innocent: )
Mother Talzin though.. seems to me her headgear is still really different from this piece. But to have it in (dark) red would be nice either way :thumbup:

By the way, does this mean that a Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order set is ruled out? Or would that just be revealed and appear much later in the year?

Regards,
Mitch

I wouldn't say its ruled out but I personally don't expect anything more expensive than a battle pack. They did the same with Battlefront II, even though there were more sets they could've made (like the Corvus)

Anyone else notice the open circle fleet aka republic fleet symbol on the A-wing?

I think instead of the death star turret set we could've gotten a fallen order set instead. Not saying i don't like the set but it would've been better suited for the 2020 wave while a fallen order set with cal, female inquisitor. and some purge troopers would've been awesome.

Tbh I wasn't a fan of the Death Star Gun set to start with. Seeing that it's nearly £20 has made it a definite no. 

I do like a Star Wars shuttle, so the updated Kylo Ren set is tempting. 

The Falcon I'll pass on. I have the Force Awakens one and I really don't need another. 

Some good things here. The Millenium Falcon and Kylo Ren's Shuttle are vastly improved over their predecessors. Millenium Falcon looks more modular, seems as though you can take out sections of the interior.

Y Wing and Speeder Chase look pretty good. The Death Star Cannon is an interesting set but feels far too simple. Almost like it was meant to be a 4+ set. 

I'm still perplexed at the Death Star Cannon, what is it doing in this wave? This should have been a winter 2020 set :tongue: The AT-ST make perfect sense, being based on The Mandalorian and the Yoda - although based on the PT - fits right in with the Porg and BB-8 from the previous years (D-O next year anyone? :excited:). Even weirder, it apparently has taken a spot of a TROS set since TFA had 7 sets in its first wave, TLJ had 6 (7 if you count the aforementioned BB-8) and now TROS only has 5? :wacko: Sure, RO and Solo also started with 5, but those were spin-offs.

I hope this means the winter wave includes more TROS sets since there's still plenty of characters left: Jannah, Dominic Monaghan's character (unless he's the alien in the MF), four Knights of Red (one of which already had his head leaked), Rose, Hux, Leia and some spoilery characters.

Overall, I actually really love this wave, it's great. It's better than first waves for TFA and TLJ.

Death Star Cannon: Obi-Wan minfig is great, although I prefer old hood piece; build is pretty cool tho; I don't know why this set is even here and if anyone can justify it's existence. 5/10.

A-Wing Starfighter: The build is great, I love the colour scheme; minifigs are really cool, although they are not important characters. 7/10.

Y-Wing Starfighter: It looks amazing, I love the colour scheme; minifigures are amazing, Poe and Zorri are awesome; astromech is fantastic. 9/10.

Speeder Chase: Speeders are extremely unique and they look awesome; I love Rey and Jet Trooper, new Storm's torso is nice; side build is great. 9/10.

AT-ST: The build is nothing new, colours are interesting and fresh tho; minfigs are incredible, I love The Mando; this set is a huge surprise for TFF, but a welcome one. 8/10.

Yoda: Not a fan of this one, face is really creepy; I hate the studs all over his robes. 4/10.

Kylo Ren's Shuttle: The build is fantastic, I love the black and red; minifigures are incredible, 'nuff said. 10/10.

Millennium Falcon: While it's much better than the 2015 one, it just feels unnecessary; minifigure selection is amazing tho. 7/10.

Overall, it's a great wave with perfect minifigures and great builds. Also, I noticed that not a single minifigure is included twice in a set. That's incredible. Another thing I noticed is that Zori is dark red, not red. Much better.

Overall, all of these look excellent to me. We now know that the head that some (including me) thought was one of Jabba's guards is for the Mandalorian. Wasn't there a second Mandalorian-looking torso that leaked though? I don't see it in any of these sets. Same goes for the third Knight of Ren head that leaked. 

Ironically, I think that this is a better TFA wave than TFA was. Imagine if a Falcon that good and a correct Kylo shuttle was in the first ST wave ever.

Edited by doclord

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit weird for the Treadspeeder to be wheel-based? I mean, in a galaxy full of off-ground hoverbikes/speeders what's the point of something that actually rides on the ground? Could just be me though, at least it looks cool

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit weird for the Treadspeeder to be wheel-based? I mean, in a galaxy full of off-ground hoverbikes/speeders what's the point of something that actually rides on the ground? Could just be me though, at least it looks cool

Pretty sure the real one will hover and that’s just what Lego did for the toy. Maybe the real one will have texturing that looks like a tread which Lego represents with an actual tread. 

Are those 6x4 wedges on the Falcon's mandibles new? I always wondered how TLG could get the mandibles' shape right. I guess the easiest solution was to just produce new pieces.

5 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Considering the other figs in the set are Klatooinian, I'm guessing that its actually Klatooine.

Those figs though...That Mandalorian is soooo good. So is Gina Carano's character.

the set looks amazing.

5 hours ago, darththeling said:

IX Speeder, Mando AT-ST are day 1 purchases for me. Great wave.

same here.

@joekrell5probably winter wave stuff, glad we'll get more than one mando set. A lot more, considering season 2 is confirmed.

I looove this wave. The juniors set is whatever, a good way to get kenobi i guess, the speeders set is great with a great figure selection and a day 1 purchase, the a-wing is pretty good but since I've got the 2017 rebel alliance one I'll pass, the shuttle is annoying in that it has all the good figures, I'll only buy it if i can find it at a discount as I assume that the sith trooper may be in a battle pack later, like the death trooper was. The falcon is great, I might actually buy it if I can scrounge up the money. AND THAT MANDALORIAN SET OH MY GOD IT'S PERFECT. The figures are amazing, and the at-st is great and a nice update/recolor. Speeders, at-st are day 1 purchases for me, and I'lll probably buy either the millenium falcon or kylo's shuttle too.

Yoda though...

....those eyes are the stuff of nightmares.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
Oh and the mquarriy-wing is fine, again something I'll look out for on sale

3 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Anyone else notice the open circle fleet aka republic fleet symbol on the A-wing?

I was wondering about it too :D Anyway, I'm still not quite sure about this wave, firstly because I'm not much of a Sequel fan -I'm way more excited about the Mandalorian and TCW season 7 than about ep IX-, and even then I don't feel the non-IX sets to be a day 1 purchase for me.

Honestly, I like the wave for the most part.

-My biggest issue is the Death Star set. We could have got something different at the same price point, for example a set with Jannah, one of those beasts she rides on with Finn and maybe some kind of FO outpost/armament with some troops. It could have even been a little Jedi Fallen Order vignette since TFF is promoting that as well, have a small little dio with Cal, BD-1, a Purge trooper or Seventh Sister, maybe even a K2 unit. It feels like such a wasted slot, especially when we just had a Death Star vignette and already know we're getting 2 more ANH sets in January.

-The A Wing is nice, pretty simple but Connix is definitely welcome. Depending on the price I might pick up 2, rebuild one into Tallie's A Wing.

-The Passana Speeder Chase is high in my personal rankings, it looks like a great detailed build with enough extra vehicles and figs. Plus the minifigs themselves are pretty good.

-The ATST Raider is okay, it looks like it improved on some of my issues with the Rogue One ATST and the figs once again look great. 

- The Y Wing is okay, looks good enough and I don't have one yet anyway. Once again, figs look great.

- The Shuttle is the one I'm most excited for, I missed my chance to get the original, so getting another that's accurate is pretty great.

- They finally fixed the panels on the Falcon! I only just picked up Lando's Falcon, but this is tempting due to the new techniques, plus I don't have the previous releases of Han's variant, or whoever owns it at this point.

I'd say the ATST, Speeder Chase and Shuttle are my must-buys, I think I'll wait till after the movie to get the others, provided I don't get the rumord ISD of course.