Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I am a more pleasantly surprised with these sets than I thought I would be considering I have not been a fan of the sequel trilogy or the previous sets based on it. Here are my thoughts.

The Death Star Cannon does not look good. I think the build is overly simple and not interesting. The only thing I really like about is the new Obi-Wan minifigure. I’m trying to get every main character from ANH in their most updated form and I’m glad that Old Ben is in an inexpensive set.

The Resistance A-Wing is an A-Wing. That’s kind of all I have to say. It looks nice, I like the dark green and white color scheme. That’s kind of all I have to say about that. I’ll pass on this set.

The Resistance Y-Wing caught my eye almost immediately upon first seeing the images. I like the overall look and color scheme of the set. I really like Poe and the new Bounty Hunter figure (I don’t remember her name and the text is too small on the box). However, I probably won’t get it because of its price, unless it’s a gift or my euro to dollars conversion was wrong.

The Pasaana Speeder Chase looks nice and I think the build is cool. I like the little market stand, too. The First Order bike doesn’t look good and looks like it came out of one of the bad DC/Marvel Superheroes sets. I’ll probably pass on this one.

The AT-ST raider is neat. I like the look of it and the bounty hunter-ized look of it makes it stand out from previous versions of the vehicle. The best minifigure in the set is The Mandalorian. I hope this set isn’t more than $50.

The UCS(?) Yoda creeps me out. The eyes look really unsettling. The rest of the model looks pretty good. I think I’m partial to the previous UCS Yoda (7194). This is a definite pass for me.

Kylo Ren’s Shuttle is probably the most disappointing of the wave. I guess it looks a little more sleek than the previous iteration, and the colors are correct this time. All the exposed studs on the side of the wings really take the wind out of my sails with this one. I might just Bricklink Kylo Ren’s TIE Fighter since I missed out on it when it was in stores.

I don’t think any Millenium Falcon will look great to me ever since I laid eyes on the UCS Falcon. That isn’t to say this one is bad, however. The gaps between plates has been fixed, which is good. The new Finn figure looks nice and I like the new alien. I’ll more than likely pass on this set.

Overall, it’s an okay wave with a lot of standout minifigures.

The AT-ST could be my first walker, very nice.

The Kylo Ren Shuttle is a must buy.

The Millennium Falcon looks extremely shitty. Yes, the gaps are gone, but the mandibles are too thin and the way they and the engine protrude from the disc section is just aweful. Maybe it get's better when i have a close up side-by-side comparison with the last two MFs, but at the moment the looks make me HATE it.

The Falcon looks great but the angle on the box art makes it look really small and chibi. Thank god they fixed the gaps and the angle of the cockpit tunnel. Finally correct proportions!!

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

so far nothing new ...

Yep, pretty much just slight variations of stuff we've only seen countless times, though I do think that buildable Yoda looks kinda cool, and the Y-Wing's Poe Dameron and Zorri Bliss look pretty sweet as far as figures go. 

I wonder if the alien in the Falcon is of any importance... he was previously seen in leaked artwork, but that’s about it. He’s probably more along the lines of Goss Toowers from 2015’s Poe’s X-Wing :laugh:

I really don't know what to say about this wave.
Altogether, I'm not at all impressed and don't see anything that's necessarily a "must buy".

I don't even think I'll get the A-Wing, even though I'm usually a sucker for those.
Maybe I'll wait for a sale...

The characters I'm most interested in are the Knights of Ren and the Mandalorian figures.
But I can't justify buying a new/different version of a shuttle I already own just for the former but maybe I'll fold on the walker.

Yaay, new pictures! :excited:
Overall, it looks like a great line, in general. Not a lot I think I'd buy, but still. 
Great that they've finally managed to tighten those gaps in the MF, though to be honest I was never that bothered by them, myself.

My favorite set of these is probably the AT-ST Raider, I might get that entirely and not just the figs.
Same for the Pasaana Speeder Chase. Very nice figures and a decent builds :thumbup:

The others don't really interest me but look very nice all the same.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Obi-Wan in the Death Star Canon set uses the new Knight Of Ren hood piece rather than the traditional one which is interesting 

OhmyGod, I hadn't noticed that yet, that's so awesome! The black one looks cool on the Knight of Ren, but I'm glad they're already producing it in other colors :wub: 

31 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

The best thing out of all of this is the new head/robe/thing piece Obi Wan has. 

Yep! Though The Mandalorian is a close second :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

I think I just might try and get the AT-ST. The last version of it I have is from the Battle of Endor, plus, I can’t get over how cool that Mandalorian figure is. (I am a sucker for Boba Fett, and this new character is just about as cool looking as Boba). I might also get the Death Star Cannon, really just for Obi-Wan.

I for one like this wave! That box-art :wub:

Death Star Cannon: Really similar to the BP in 2014. Quite like it but not sure why it’s here. 

A-Wing: Colour scheme is really nice and Connix is a good figure. 

Y-Wing: Colour Scheme is excellent on this one. Figures aren’t too bad. 

Chase set: Original so quite interesting but probably one to get on discount. 

AT-ST: Figures are really good here. Don’t like the colour design on the legs. 

Yoda: Eyes look strange but the rest is solid. 

Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle: Best set by far. Figures are very good and the set itself is very good. 

Millennium Falcon: Design is much better than previous. Figures good also. Wait for discount for this.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, Renown said:

The jet trooper just about confirms that the speeder set is the chase we briefly see in the Episode IX teaser, which would suggest it's also likely a set that will include Poe and Finn. 

Is it possible that the AT-ST set in this coming wave will be from The Mandalorian? The two Mandalorian torso leaks so far seem to suggest that we are at least getting one set in the October wave (it would seem awfully early to get leaks of pieces as many as 4-5 months in advance of their anticipated release, if we worked on the assumption that they are in the Mandalorian battle pack due in the January 2020 wave) and now that the speeder set is more or less confirmed to be Episode IX, a Mandalorian set in the Force Friday III wave can realistically only be 75246 (the turret) or the scout walker. That is, unless, there is an additional set somewhere along the line between now and January.

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/07/24/rumor-report-a-new-old-imperial-walker-in-the-mandalorian/ 

:)

Coll wave of new sets! Finally Kylo Shuttle done right, day one but for me! Speeder chase is ok, kinda need to get for minifigures. Same with Y-wing. A-wing is just not necessary imho, while it's a nice build I'll wait for a discount to get it maybe not a year later. Falcon finally doesn't have gaps and has amazing minifigures, I guess it'll be my 3 Falcon since 2015( my wallet will cry). And Mandalorian set is definitely intriguing. Does anyone remember rumoured prices for this wave?

29 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Oh my god, I hadn't noticed that yet, that's so awesome! The black one looks cool on the Knight of Ren, but I'm glad they're already producing it in other colors :wub: 

The new hood is very exciting indeed. I'm really really hoping you can combine this hood with neck attachements like the face bandana, the respirator and beards.

I think this is a very cool wave, though that's also because I have only bought a very small amount of Star Wars sets over the years and none of them were from the sequel era.

Death Star Canon: apart from the Obi-Wan figure this set is just bad, really really bad

A-Wing: the ship looks cool but I don't think it's worth 30 euro. Snap and Connix are nice figures though

Y-Wing: apart from the Poe figure I have no interest in this set

Speeders: this set actually looks pretty cool, I really like the new jetpack piece for the Jetpack trooper! I'll probably buy this at release or wait for a discount

AT-ST: I'm not the biggest fan of the weirdly colored legs but I'll probably pick this one up too, the figures are awesome!

Yoda: even though I'm certain the designers did the best they could I must say this is one of the worst sets I've seen over the last few years

Kylo's Shuttle: this set looks incredible! I'm a little disappointed the KoR are exclusive to this set though. The price is a little bit too much for me so I'll probably wait for a decent discount

Falcon: by far my favorite set in this wave, definetely a day-one buy! I love the new gapless design for the panels and though the figure selection is not what I had expected it's good enough for me. But I must say I would rather get another Poe in this set than yet another C3PO or R2

I am bummed that we only get one Jetpack Trooper and one Sith Trooper. I’m fairly confident we’ll get more Knights Of Ren in future sets, so I’m not too worried about that. Hopefully Sith Troopers show up in a future battle pack or something 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, pretty much just slight variations of stuff we've only seen countless times, though I do think that buildable Yoda looks kinda cool, and the Y-Wing's Poe Dameron and Zorri Bliss look pretty sweet as far as figures go. 

I guess, that one or two new nice models will not ruin the income of LEGO, and the fans will be happy with something new along with the eternally recycled models .. but its only my opinion

I'm no fan of the new trilogy but the sets look near for what they are. A bit disapointed they they keep reusing the same designs but oh well. 

Depending on how the mandalorian show holds on I might very well get the AT-ST, I'm a damn sucker for anything underworld related and that vehicle looks like something a warlord might be using during and post empire era. 

Definitely prefer the Falcon 75105 from 2015.
It was much more flat than this new model.

I really think this wave is just not worth it. Just like previous waves this one doesn't offer anything good except for figures (which I think are the only good about star wars sets nowadays). The only set that looks somewhat appealing is Kylo Rens shuttle but it practically is the same from TFA but more accurate. I generally never liked the play-scale falcons and that Yoda is quite something... Still  hoping the UCS ISD isn't a disappoint like this wave or previous UCS sets

Very curious how the gaps were fixed in the Falcon; that simple fix alone bumped my excitement for the set much higher than before. Mandalorian set is a good sign LEGO is willing to give us substantial stuff for Disney+ series, but the rest are not too too exciting...

Just now, legozebra said:

Very curious how the gaps were fixed in the Falcon; that simple fix alone bumped my excitement for the set much higher than before. Mandalorian set is a good sign LEGO is willing to give us substantial stuff for Disney+ series, but the rest are not too too exciting...

If you look at the images of the back of the box, it seems there are now 4 quarter panels that open. Each one is more complex than the previous one to allow the gaps to be closed. 

the new Y wing is kinda strange, I was just comparing it to the older ones that I have .. I have to say I don't like it at all

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

The Mandalorian in Endor.

Considering the other figs in the set are Klatooinian, I'm guessing that its actually Klatooine.

Those figs though...That Mandalorian is soooo good. So is Gina Carano's character.