Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, Astral said:

If the new ICS is around the same price of the Falcon, is there a chance it will be replace the Falcon as the current expensive UCS leading to the retirement of the Falcon, or do we think they’ll both be available concurrently for a while?

I’m worried about missing the Falcon, was hoping to pick it up around Black Friday/Christmas.

I can't see Lego retiring the Falcon for at least another 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Astral said:

If the new ICS is around the same price of the Falcon, is there a chance it will be replace the Falcon as the current expensive UCS leading to the retirement of the Falcon, or do we think they’ll both be available concurrently for a while?

I’m worried about missing the Falcon, was hoping to pick it up around Black Friday/Christmas.

The UCS Falcon will probably be around for a couple of years, it hasn't been too terribly long since lego finally finished their backlog of orders on that set so I don't really see why they would put it out of production now

when could we expect an official release of the new UCS if it is said to be available for the VIP members mid-september?

Just now, G59 said:

when could we expect an official release of the new UCS if it is said to be available for the VIP members mid-september?

Most likely early September

10 minutes ago, G59 said:

Probably October 1st

8 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Most likely early September

I'd like to see that, if you're a VIP you get the set later :laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Probably October 1st

I'd like to see that, if you're a VIP you get the set later :laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

For some reason, I thought he'd asked about the official reveal, not the release. 

Well the reveal for Cloud City was August 21st last year. Year before the Falcon was revealed officially on the 30th. Really reveal could be any day now. Personally I just want the release day so I can request off from work to stand in front of my Lego Store. 

Just now, Yee said:

Well the reveal for Cloud City was August 21st last year. Year before the Falcon was revealed officially on the 30th. Really reveal could be any day now. Personally I just want the release day so I can request off from work to stand in front of my Lego Store. 

tell your boss that exact reason and he'll let you leave with no notice.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

you get it 2 months later with the black card that came with the falcon :rofl:

12 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

For some reason, I thought he'd asked about the official reveal, not the release. 

I figured, just wanted to make a joke out of it

5 minutes ago, Yee said:

That's a quality reason for a day off!

58 minutes ago, Yee said:

My guess is it'll be around the 10th of September, since lately sets have been revealed about a week before their release, like the Disney Train and Station.

Of course, any sooner would be most welcome.

20 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Of course, any sooner would be most welcome.

I really hope they stop with the whole ''reveal one week before launch'' thing. It's driving me nuts and it's extremely annoying, I want to have some time in advance to check out a set and decide wether I want it or not. Especially with such a hefty pricetag a week before launch is just stupid

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope they stop with the whole ''reveal one week before launch'' thing. It's driving me nuts and it's extremely annoying, I want to have some time in advance to check out a set and decide wether I want it or not. Especially with such a hefty pricetag a week before launch is just stupid

I completely agree with you on that. If lego doesn't hopefully someone inside lego is able to give us a "peak" ;)

4 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I completely agree with you on that. If lego doesn't hopefully someone inside lego is able to give us a "peak" ;)

I would be really surprised if we don’t see a leak 24-48 hrs before the official announcement. TLG must have really cleaned house!  

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sorry that seems more than a little silly to me, you're not obligated to buy a set on the day it launches. In fact seeing as almost every set sees significant discounts during its life, you're better off not doing so.

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

I would be really surprised if we don’t see a leak 24-48 hrs before the official announcement. TLG must have really cleaned house!  

Did Cloud City leak at all? I believe they made it all the way to release. 

32 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

New micro battle of endor promotional set has been revealed for triple force friday.

Where at? Can’t find a pic on reddit, insta, or Facebook.

Edited by Yee

Just now, Yee said:

Where at?

It's in the usual place, it looks pretty cool but it's just meh. Nothing exclusive though the mini-ATST's do look cool

10 hours ago, Yee said:

If one of my staff actually asked me for day off for that- I’d give it to them. 

What are people's thoughts on the supposed Endor GWP doing the rounds on Instagram?

I assume it's fake since the box design doesn't match the other 20th anniversary sets (and the Hoth set), but a few people are claiming it's a real set. 

For the UCS Falcon about a month before the release Lego released a small teaser each week. (Teasing things such as the piece count, weight, box size etc.). Then again there was never full image of the set until the actual release date but something similar could happen here. 

The Endor Promo looks okay. I actually prefer it to the Hoth promo since there’s a lot more going on with the terrain. 

The AT-ST’s in the Endor promo set are cute but why aren’t they consistent with the 20th Anniversary box art? It might seem a minor detail but for a collector it might be enough to influence a purchase decision.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

What are people's thoughts on the supposed Endor GWP doing the rounds on Instagram?

I assume it's fake since the box design doesn't match the other 20th anniversary sets (and the Hoth set), but a few people are claiming it's a real set. 

It looks decent, doesn't interest me personally but I could see people wanting to get this

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

The AT-ST’s in the Endor promo set are cute but why aren’t they consistent with the 20th Anniversary box art? It might seem a minor detail but for a collector it might be enough to influence a purchase decision.

That's a bit much right? Not buying a set because the packaging is a bit inconsistent :grin:

2 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

That's a bit much right? Not buying a set because the packaging is a bit inconsistent :grin:

Or more accurately, turning down a free item because of the packaging. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

For the UCS Falcon about a month before the release Lego released a small teaser each week. (Teasing things such as the piece count, weight, box size etc.). Then again there was never full image of the set until the actual release date but something similar could happen here. 

A full shot of the Falcon did leak before the official reveal. It was a Chinese (?) promotional ad showing the ship flying above a planet with engines illuminated, and it leaked a week prior to the launch.