Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Anakin and Obi-Wan both look fantastic! Anakin in particular is a huge improvement from past versions, I never really cared for all those weird lines on his face. Reminded me of those ugly Luke heads from 2014. I'm also glad we get a normal face in addition to the dark side one. This is already shaping up to be a great set, can't wait!

I just saw an unprinted version of the slave Leia hair in the usual place.

I reckon it's probably from Padme, in the tan outfit she had on Mustafar

stonewars.de says they got enough reliable info to confirm the 75252 ISD (4.784 pcs, €/$699,99) for 01.10.2019, VIP-presale starting 18.09.2019.

And there's a new 20 year promo with Mouse, R2 and Gonk.

4 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

stonewars.de says they got enough reliable info to confirm the 75252 ISD (4.784 pcs, €/$699,99) for 01.10.2019, VIP-presale starting 18.09.2019.

That's pretty damn overpriced, even for Star Wars

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

At least we finally have concrete information about it

Well, it's just 1 german website who claims to have info, i wouldn't mind them being wrong.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When you compare that price and piece count with the UCS MF, it’s really bad. About 3,000 pieces less and yet only $100 cheaper? Yikes.

It’s due to the magnets holding the hull together.

Please no magnets and if magnets, please neodyms, not that fridge crap. The MF consists of many tiny parts, for an ISD you need many large plates and wedges. I bet the price per kg looks much better than per piece. 

47 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Imho that's definitely Obi-Wan. Sooo excited for this set. Hopefully it's in the 20 to 30 dollar range. 

I'd say 30 as all ''iconic-scene-vignettes'' have been sold at that price point

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Oh, God. I know the rumored price has always been about 700$, but seeing it again, especially next to that 4700 pieces, is pretty painful. Hopefully it'll exceed people's expectations to justify that price.

VIP early-release on September 18th? So we can expect a press release around the 10th? The Disney Train and Station was revealed on the 13th, with an early release on the 21st.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree. To my knowledge, there isn’t even a comic version of Thor with a red beard (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s gotta be Obi

There is, the "unworthy thor", but his design looks nothing like we've seen in the MCU and is a pretty weird choice for the comics, so I agree that it's obi wan. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot more figures of him with his disney+ show too, in addition to the mustafar duel

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I just saw an unprinted version of the slave Leia hair in the usual place.

I reckon it's probably from Padme, in the tan outfit she had on Mustafar

I agree that it's Padme, someone over on the marvel boards was saying it might be valkeryie but I think it's too long for her.

Glad to know we can finally confirm that it's a star destroyer, I love the new promo and need to know how to get it!

That's the best news I've heard in a long time!!  I haven't purchased anything since the UCS Falcon; if it's stunning I'll order it as soon as it's available, otherwise it can wait until an inevitable 20% discount.  I'm not too worried about the relatively low part count; there's bound to be a higher proportion of larger plates than the Falcon; 10030 only had 3,100 so anything around 4,700 should be exceptional! :wub:

2 hours ago, Lobot said:

That's the best news I've heard in a long time!!  I haven't purchased anything since the UCS Falcon; if it's stunning I'll order it as soon as it's available, otherwise it can wait until an inevitable 20% discount.  I'm not too worried about the relatively low part count; there's bound to be a higher proportion of larger plates than the Falcon; 10030 only had 3,100 so anything around 4,700 should be exceptional! :wub:

My thoughts exactly. This will definitely be a case where weight/volume will be more relevant than price per piece. I can’t wait to see it! 

with such a price it means either we will get many large and new pieces and/or a lot minifigures. That price is almost the same than getting the parts on bricklink for the UCS AT-M6 of edgeofbricks... (which has almost the same number of pieces)

Edited by G59

17 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Imho that's definitely Obi-Wan. Sooo excited for this set. Hopefully it's in the 20 to 30 dollar range. 

It includes 208 pieces, so let's hope it's $20.

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say 30 as all ''iconic-scene-vignettes'' have been sold at that price point

What "all iconic-scene-vignettes''? The latest 1v1 duel vignette was Duel at Starkiller Base set, which is $20/20€ and includes 191 pieces.

Only the face print for Snap Wexley seems to be updated. Apparently Lego has a new way of representing beards by making them look a bit rougher around the edges. Both the previous Obi-Wan and Snap heads had a more clean look for their beard.

They've been making the beards look rougher for a while now. Old Ben, Thor and several different Qui-Gon heads were designed like that. Made the previous AOTC/ROTS Obi-Wan face print look quite plain and dated by comparison.

I don't mind getting another Snap. Having pilots for the A-Wing and Y-Wing is to be expected, but I do hope the sets take the opportunity to also include other notable Resistance characters that haven't been made yet.

6 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Only the face print for Snap Wexley seems to be updated. Apparently Lego has a new way of representing beards by making them look a bit rougher around the edges. Both the previous Obi-Wan and Snap heads had a more clean look for their beard.

I like it, but honestly I’d rather get more pilots instead of the same ones, like Bastian or Jess Pava

Just now, wesker said:

They've been making the beards look rougher for a while now. Old Ben, Thor and several different Qui-Gon heads were designed like that. Made the previous AOTC/ROTS Obi-Wan face print look quite plain and dated by comparison.

I don't mind getting another Snap. Having pilots for the A-Wing and Y-Wing is to be expected, but I do hope the sets take the opportunity to also include other notable Resistance characters that haven't been made yet.

Exactly

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What "all iconic-scene-vignettes''? The latest 1v1 duel vignette was Duel at Starkiller Base set, which is $20/20€ and includes 191 pieces.

Duel on Naboo, Death Star Escape, those kinds of sets. The ones depicting some of the iconic moments for 30$ with 3 figures?

But now that I think about it I actually don't remember Mustafar Padme ever being confirmed to come in that set, so it could be very similair to the Starkiller Base set

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I forgot about those. Since that Old Ben was released in 2014 it seems they made that change then already. It's indeed just that they have been using the AOTC/ROTS Obi-Wan face since 2012 when it still had less detailing, though it is weird that they kept that face print in use till 2017. I wish the new Obi-Wan beard was a little less rough though, sort of like a combination of the new and the old. Snap looks fine.

20 hours ago, Markalus said:

My thoughts exactly. This will definitely be a case where weight/volume will be more relevant than price per piece. I can’t wait to see it! 

Yes, lots of large plates I assume.

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Looks like we’re getting another Temmin “Snap” Wexley minifig. Different from the one we got in the microfighter Resistance X-Wing.

He'll probably in the y-wing, he doesn't fit in anything else.

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He'll probably in the y-wing, he doesn't fit in anything else.

He's an X-Wing pilot, so Y-Wing wouldn't make much sense.