Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Some possible explanations why we haven't seen figs from it leak:

1. It has no figures, as you suggest. (Though if the set has any kind of interior, logically it will have figures to go in it).
  2. Its figures (original trilogy Stormtroopers, Imperial officers and technicians, Vader, etc.) aren't distinctive/new enough to attract the attention of sticky-fingered factory workers.
  3. The set is being produced somewhere other than Asia (where the factory leaks all seem to be centered). This seems more plausible given its astronomical price tag means it likely isn't being made in the quantities of the Episode 9 sets, or even something like Cloud City.
  4. It doesn't have minifigures, but instead has... wait for it... nanofigures. (Say it ain't so!)

My guess is #2 or #3. 

Or maybe they just didn't leak yet? Not everything has to leak fast, not everything actually has to leak at all. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

Could this brand new trooper at 2:13 be in one of the TROS sets? Also, I guess the ''Matt the Radar Technician'' costume is now canon

Edited by Guyon2002

6 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

The Jumptrooper already has a specific torso created for him that looks very different to a regular FO Stormtrooper torso. I think the second variant of the Jumptrooper is wrong and that the Stormtrooper-esque torso with the new black and red markings actually belongs to the new FO Stormtrooper.

Also, the (TLJ variant) helmet printing has been updated to show a bit of reflection in the lenses.

I think this is right.

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Some possible explanations why we haven't seen figs from it leak:

1. It has no figures, as you suggest. (Though if the set has any kind of interior, logically it will have figures to go in it).
  2. Its figures (original trilogy Stormtroopers, Imperial officers and technicians, Vader, etc.) aren't distinctive/new enough to attract the attention of sticky-fingered factory workers.
  3. The set is being produced somewhere other than Asia (where the factory leaks all seem to be centered). This seems more plausible given its astronomical price tag means it likely isn't being made in the quantities of the Episode 9 sets, or even something like Cloud City.
  4. It doesn't have minifigures, but instead has... wait for it... nanofigures. (Say it ain't so!)

My guess is #2 or #3. 

These are all likely, I think it's 2.

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could this brand new trooper at 2:13 be in one of the TROS sets? Also, I guess the ''Matt the Radar Technician'' costume is now canon

Does this also establish kylo pretending to be matt as canon as well? :roflmao:

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does this also establish kylo pretending to be matt as canon as well? :roflmao:

I surely hope so :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I surely hope so :laugh_hard:

Yeah, then we can have a cameo from the guy whose son kylo killed (in the SNL skit) in TROS. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think they'll be in TROS sets, star wars always does a new trooper for their new shows/games/movies/etc, and most are really situationally specific. Resistance S1 had aqua troopers, and they weren't in TROS. If we hear that TROS has an environment in it that's the same as whichever one these troopers are meant for, then it's possible.

I hope we get sets sometime in 2020 though, we never got the fireball and the new trooper designs and pyre would be great figures.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, then we can have a cameo from the guy whose son kylo killed (in the SNL skit) in TROS. 

I don't think they'll be in TROS sets, star wars always does a new trooper for their new shows/games/movies/etc, and most are really situationally specific. Resistance S1 had aqua troopers, and they weren't in TROS. If we hear that TROS has an environment in it that's the same as whichever one these troopers are meant for, then it's possible.

I hope we get sets sometime in 2020 though, we never got the fireball and the new trooper designs and pyre would be great figures.

I just started season 1 and I think Commander Pyre would be an awesome minifig. Basically a gold Phasma.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just started season 1 and I think Commander Pyre would be an awesome minifig. Basically a gold Phasma.

yes.

Slight side note, the show starts out more for kids like clone wars and rebels, and even just over the course of the season (and clearly in the trailer with what they're implying kylo is threatening to make Tyranny do) it gets alot darker. Hopefuly it doesn't follow the pattern of having much less sets for it's later season(s), we still need the fireball, pyre, and Matt the radar tech.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Hopefuly it doesn't follow the pattern of having much less sets for it's later season(s), we still need the fireball, pyre, and Matt the radar tech.

Well, „much less“ would be 0 in this case :rofl: I still can‘t believe there‘s only been two sets for the show so far, there‘s so much untapped potential :purrr:

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, „much less“ would be 0 in this case :rofl: I still can‘t believe there‘s only been two sets for the show so far, there‘s so much untapped potential :purrr:

There is a lot of untapped potential in all Star Wars media anyway

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is a lot of untapped potential in all Star Wars media anyway

Rebels season 4 didn’t get any sets at all which was a crying shame since it had so much lego potential.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Rebels season 4 didn’t get any sets at all which was a crying shame since it had so much lego potential.

Yes, hopefully resistance bucks this trend and we get S2 sets in 2020

I doubt Resistance will get any more sets. Hasbro refuses to make any more toys because it simply does not sell well. If a decent show like Rebels does not get any more Lego sets for its final season because of poor sales, then I don't think the poorly received Resistance will get any more sets. 

The trailer for SW Resistance Season 2 is out, and it will be the final season of the show. I’m guessing no more sets from it. Really want a Fireball though!

side note: the tone of the trailer is even darker than the end of the first season.

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

The trailer for SW Resistance Season 2 is out, and it will be the final season of the show. I’m guessing no more sets from it. Really want a Fireball though!

side note: the tone of the trailer is even darker than the end of the first season.

I think you might want to scroll up a bit.

It is really dark, right? I don't think the S1 ending was that dark, albiet darker than the very lighthearted beginning, but the implication that kylo can force his officers to shoot themselves would be pretty dark for a movie, much less a Y7 show. I hope we get a fireball, too, but I'm thinking that we might not end up getting anything, as much as I want a pyre figure I'm sure most kids, which we always need to remember is the primary audiance, don't know who he is.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

It's a shame Resistance got only 2 seasons, but there is just not enough in-universe-time to justify more. Maybe if they had started earlier on the timeline, but that's too late now. And i was waiting for MF-scale Colossus MOCs :iamded_lol:

But Mandalorian looks great 'til now and the rumours about a Obi-Wan tv show are intensifying. And don't forget the two movie trilogies. There is always hope.

New faces for Obi-Wan and Anakin (prequel-era) just leaked, they look fantastic!

EDIT: also some kind of pilot, though I'm not 100% sure if it's Star Wars or not

Edited by Guyon2002

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

also some kind of pilot, though I'm not 100% sure if it's Star Wars or not

That's probably the Skyhopper pilot from the 75265 Bantha vs. Skyhopper Microfighter set. And I guess Anakin's and Obi-Wan's heads confirm that 75269 is a Mustafar set.

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

That's probably the Skyhopper pilot from the 75265 Bantha vs. Skyhopper Microfighter set. And I guess Anakin's and Obi-Wan's heads confirm that 75269 is a Mustafar set.

Yeah it definitely looks like a Skyhopper Pilot 

That's definitely not Obi-Wan head. Beard is way too rushed and bushy, and looks way different from last ep3 version with pretty clean and trimmed beard! Agree on Anakin thought, cool to see he has both sith yellow eyes and normal face. 

Edited by benderisgreat

17 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That's definitely not Obi-Wan head. Beard is way too rushed and bushy, and looks way different from last ep3 version with pretty clean and trimmed beard! Agree on Anakin thought, cool to see he has both sith yellow eyes and normal face. 

It is definitely Obi-Wan's head, looks just like him and is right next to Anakin's. The colour of the beard matches the previous versions. The reason why it doesn't look like the previous ones is because they finally decided to upgrade it and make it look really detailed.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is definitely Obi-Wan's head, looks just like him and is right next to Anakin's. The colour of the beard matches the previous versions. The reason why it doesn't look like the previous ones is because they finally decided to upgrade it and make it look really detailed.

Nah, the beard does not match. It's not Obi-Wan from EP 3!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Some people are saying it looks more like Thor. The red beard doesn’t match though, I think it’s an updated Obi-Wan

It's definetely not Thor, he's always been represented with nougat or blond hair and beard. Obi-Wan has always had a more orange-ish color to his hair and beard, which this face also has.

So I agree, this must be Obi-Wan

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Some people are saying it looks more like Thor. The red beard doesn’t match though, I think it’s an updated Obi-Wan

I really dont understand why people say the face is Thor’s, It looks nothing like thor and Thor’s Beard is Tan, not orange.

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I really dont understand why people say the face is Thor’s, It looks nothing like thor and Thor’s Beard is Tan, not orange.

I agree. To my knowledge, there isn’t even a comic version of Thor with a red beard (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s gotta be Obi