Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we even know why it's in october this year?

I believe there was pushback from Hasbro (among others?) that releasing the toys so far in advance of the movie — at a point when there wasn't even that much marketing from Disney — was negatively impacting sales. I don't know if LEGO felt the same way since their Star Wars sales weren't reported to be terrible like Hasbro's were. 

And, this year's Force Friday also includes The Mandalorian show and the Fallen Order game, so timing may have worked out all-around better for them.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Actually Rian Johnson took the fun away from it...but I digress. I can’t imagine it will be too long before we get official descriptions and images. The UCS reveal is probably going to be pretty soon too, I feel like it kinda has to be.

Completely agree with both parts of this comment. didn't we get set leaks for the three biggest TLJ sets in may though? even pushing back a month, that's only june. 

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Don't forget a anakins sudden force ghost!

If this is the thing where he shows up on endor it's because he was redeemed, but that's getting away from actual rumor/speculation discussion. As to the possibility of lego force ghosts with presumably luke in the TROS sets, I don't think we'll get force ghosts (at least trans-blue ones) anytime soon.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I believe there was pushback from Hasbro (among others?) that releasing the toys so far in advance of the movie — at a point when there wasn't even that much marketing from Disney — was negatively impacting sales. I don't know if LEGO felt the same way since their Star Wars sales weren't reported to be terrible like Hasbro's were. 

And, this year's Force Friday also includes The Mandalorian show and the Fallen Order game, so timing may have worked out all-around better for them.

I was just going to say force friday is in october but yeah this is alot more detailed and makes sense. Pushing out sets for a specific film when there's no marketing except a single trailer and some posters isn't going to make it a bestselling set, no matter how iconic it is, moreso if it's a figure like zorri where the general public wouldn't even know who it is.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Completely agree with both parts of this comment. didn't we get set leaks for the three biggest TLJ sets in may though? even pushing back a month, that's only june. 

I think we got extra-lucky that year because the boxes leaked directly from the printer (they were still flat and unassembled if I remember correctly). No doubt that leak was sealed immediately since LEGO is reported to have gotten in a lot of trouble with Disney over it. 

My guess is that Falconfan’s cryptic countdown is for the Disney D2C, and not anything SW. At first I thought it would be for the UCS but it’s probably the Disney one

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My guess is that Falconfan’s cryptic countdown is for the Disney D2C, and not anything SW. At first I thought it would be for the UCS but it’s probably the Disney one

That can’t be it since pictures of the Disney D2C have been all over IG for several hours now :laugh:

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The countdown is still on, but the Disney D2C leaked.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That leak was something that very rarely happens, it wasn't an official picture leak (like the ones that Lego and retailers use), but rather it was only the packaging itself, probably directly from the factory. Leaks like that don't happen usually. If we get set leaks before the official reveal (and I heard some people already have the pictures of the sets), they can leak like a week before Triple Force Friday.

Some TROS info - Lando won't use the white cape that he leaked with, he will use a cape similar to the one from "Solo" Lando minifig, only the blue will be lighter.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some TROS info - Lando won't use the white cape that he leaked with, he will use a cape similar to the one from "Solo" Lando minifig, only the blue will be lighter.

Thanks, that‘s good to hear :sweet: The white one really would‘ve looked weird :laugh:

8 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

A riddle for you: What’s green — or white — and head all over?

Is it the rumored busts for 2020 in the same vein as this year’s Vader and Sith Trooper busts that are speculated to be Boba Fett and a Stormie, precious? :head_back:

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That can’t be it since pictures of the Disney D2C have been all over IG for several hours now :laugh:

I think the countdown was for the official reveal, not the leak. The countdown is over and the train is the only new thing that’s been posted, so I can only assume that’s what it was, and the timing just didn’t add up perfectly.

16 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the countdown was for the official reveal, not the leak. The countdown is over and the train is the only new thing that’s been posted, so I can only assume that’s what it was, and the timing just didn’t add up perfectly.

Could be, but honestly why have a countdown if it does not know that more or less exactly the timing does match, otherwise it just looks stupid

19 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think we got extra-lucky that year because the boxes leaked directly from the printer (they were still flat and unassembled if I remember correctly). No doubt that leak was sealed immediately since LEGO is reported to have gotten in a lot of trouble with Disney over it. 

ah.

16 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

disney d2c (a train i think) was leaked before the countdown finshed...

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

A riddle for you: What’s green — or white — and head all over?

If this is more busts like (stonewars.de, maybe? i forgot who) claimed a few days ago, I'll be happy. I really like the look of that sith trooper bust, and some actually commercially availible ones like it would be great.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

ah.

disney d2c (a train i think) was leaked before the countdown finshed...

That’s because it wasn’t a countdown to the leak. It was a countdown to the official reveal. 

The First Order Stormtrooper has gotten a minor upgrade with black and red markings across the chest armor.

If the next UCS set is indeed a classic Star Destroyer, it may well be the vehicle only without minifigs as we've seen no leaks so far save for episode 9 figures and it's sure to be announced shortly given it will likely be a September release.

47 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

If the next UCS set is indeed a classic Star Destroyer, it may well be the vehicle only without minifigs as we've seen no leaks so far save for episode 9 figures and it's sure to be announced shortly given it will likely be a September release.

1st October 2019 is the official release date.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

The First Order Stormtrooper has gotten a minor upgrade with black and red markings across the chest armor.

Neat :thumbup: Is the helmet in the TFA or TLJ style? I‘d prefer the latter

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Its TLJ style. :classic:

9 hours ago, wesker said:

fits the addition of red to enemy troops.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

eah, TLJ style is so much sleeker-looking for the mouth, TFA style looks almost cartoonish to me.

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The torso on this stormtrooper is identical to the one on one of the jetpack troopers. I think one of them is probably wrong

I think you're right. I'm thinking this one just has the wrong torso on it.

The Jumptrooper already has a specific torso created for him that looks very different to a regular FO Stormtrooper torso. I think the second variant of the Jumptrooper is wrong and that the Stormtrooper-esque torso with the new black and red markings actually belongs to the new FO Stormtrooper.

Also, the (TLJ variant) helmet printing has been updated to show a bit of reflection in the lenses.

7 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Some possible explanations why we haven't seen figs from it leak:

1. It has no figures, as you suggest. (Though if the set has any kind of interior, logically it will have figures to go in it).
  2. Its figures (original trilogy Stormtroopers, Imperial officers and technicians, Vader, etc.) aren't distinctive/new enough to attract the attention of sticky-fingered factory workers.
  3. The set is being produced somewhere other than Asia (where the factory leaks all seem to be centered). This seems more plausible given its astronomical price tag means it likely isn't being made in the quantities of the Episode 9 sets, or even something like Cloud City.
  4. It doesn't have minifigures, but instead has... wait for it... nanofigures. (Say it ain't so!)

My guess is #2 or #3. 

Edited by jdubbs

8 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The Jumptrooper already has a specific torso created for him that looks very different to a regular FO Stormtrooper torso. I think the second variant of the Jumptrooper is wrong and that the Stormtrooper-esque torso with the new black and red markings actually belongs to the new FO Stormtrooper.

Also, the (TLJ variant) helmet printing has been updated to show a bit of reflection in the lenses.

I think you’re probably right about the torsos, that’s exactly what I was thinking too. And as far as the helmet, I thought I noticed a slight difference but I couldn’t tell what it was. It’s definitely nice to be able to distinguish between stormtroopers from all three sequel films