Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

They finally fixed the dark red and reddish brown parts, which used to shatter if you so much as looked at them funny. So maybe they’ll sort out the trans pieces as well. The Patronus stag gives me some hope, though I don’t think it has any moving parts. 

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Hide contents

I don't see why they couldn't do force ghosts. The only real thing stopping them is how brief their scenes are in the movies and being limited to locations that are rarely visited by Lego (Dagobah, Ahch-To, Ewok Village)

Having dead versions of characters shouldn't be a problem since they've done it before with Vitruvius in the Lego Movie. Hasbro and Funko have released Force Ghosts in the past so it wouldn't be an issue with Lucasfilm or Disney. Transparent parts shouldn't be a factor either since other licensed themed ghosts rarely even use them. Here are some examples from Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates Of The Carribbean and Ghostbusters:

I agree, but in some of those films the ghost characters weren't as transparent (Nearly headless nick being a notable exception), and we've never gotten a force ghost before. Nor would it make sense in any of these sets, unless the ghost makes a weird appearance in a fight or something

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

They finally fixed the dark red and reddish brown parts, which used to shatter if you so much as looked at them funny. So maybe they’ll sort out the trans pieces as well. The Patronus stag gives me some hope, though I don’t think it has any moving parts. 

It doesn't, and I think the horn thingies are rubber, too.

Anyone think that leaked torso with the green jacket and the Phoenix on the back could be from Star Wars? The belt looks very Star Warsesque. People are saying Jean Grey but I feel like they would have given her the female hip print if it was her. Something about it just seems like SW to me.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I dunno, everything else besides the belt buckle looks quite 'regular' to me, so I don't think it will be for a SW minifig.

About the Force Ghosts, I don't think they'll done properly if they're not entirely transparent pieces. I think it can definitely happen in the future, but a very long while from now.

Regards,
Mitch

40 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone think that leaked torso with the green jacket and the Phoenix on the back could be from Star Wars? The belt looks very Star Warsesque. People are saying Jean Grey but I feel like they would have given her the female hip print if it was her. Something about it just seems like SW to me.

hidden side, not jean grey and too "normal" to be star wars

As far as Hidden Side, I wouldn’t think they would already have more sets in production so soon. Could be a Marvel adaptation for the comic sets, but it still looks like Star Wars to me

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As far as Hidden Side, I wouldn’t think they would already have more sets in production so soon. Could be a Marvel adaptation for the comic sets, but it still looks like Star Wars to me

the january 2020 sets could concievably be entering production, I don't know really. it's way to normal of a jacket to be star wars though, or at least that's my opinion.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the january 2020 sets could concievably be entering production, I don't know really. it's way to normal of a jacket to be star wars though, or at least that's my opinion.

You’re right in that the jacket looks too normal, but the belt it throwing me off because it’s not normal at all. I guess it’s one of those things that we’ll have to wait and see

75250: "Speeders - 373 pieces - $ 39.99 Included in the set are two speeders, and 4 minifigures.

Speeder 1 is the First Order Treadspeeder seen at Star Wars Celebration Chicago.

Speeder 2 is a completely new unknown hero speeder (not seen in the teaser trailer).

Figures: Two First Order Troops, Rey, BB-8.

Thanks to Childish Lando Chronicles from Instagram, we have our first detailed description of a TROS set.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75250: "Speeders - 373 pieces - $ 39.99 Included in the set are two speeders, and 4 minifigures.

Speeder 1 is the First Order Treadspeeder seen at Star Wars Celebration Chicago.

Speeder 2 is a completely new unknown hero speeder (not seen in the teaser trailer).

Figures: Two First Order Troops, Rey, BB-8.

Thanks to Childish Lando Chronicles from Instagram, we have our first detailed description of a TROS set.

So I guess @jdubbs was right. Though this still sounds like a pretty cool set!

Let's hope we're getting more descriptions in the coming days, I'm really eager to know which figures will be in what sets!

Edited by Guyon2002

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Do we know if these FO Troops are the Jetpack Troopers?

Description says First Order Troopers, so as long as we haven't seen any pictures I would expect them to be normal stormies (though they could still very well be the jetpack troopers)

I wonder if some of the set descriptions will also reveal the names of the KoR, if they even have one apart from KoR #1 though 6 :tongue: Would be pretty weird for merchandising purposes if they didn't

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder if some of the set descriptions will also reveal the names of the KoR, if they even have one apart from KoR #1 though 6 :tongue: Would be pretty weird for merchandising purposes if they didn't

I'd prefer if they didn't have any names at all. It makes them more mysterious and a little more intimidating, and it's not really information that contributes anything to the story

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd prefer if they didn't have any names at all. It makes them more mysterious and a little more intimidating, and it's not really information that contributes anything to the story

Well, I meant 'names' as in titles or ranks, like the Sith, Kylo or the Inquisitors have, not actual proper names :grin: How else will they tell them apart? It wouldn't be an issue for the LEGO sets, but it might be a problem for individually packed action figs if they're only ever referred to as a group :head_back:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, I meant 'names' as in titles or ranks, like the Sith, Kylo or the Inquisitors have, not actual proper names :grin: How else will they tell them apart? It wouldn't be an issue for the LEGO sets, but it might be a problem for individually packed action figs if they're only ever referred to as a group :head_back:

Right, that would make sense. I was thinking more along the line of ''You see that hooded guy in the middle? That's Kyle''

Fortunately it looks like this wave will be more like TFA wave as far as pricing rather than TLJ wave. That wave was insanely expensive. I think we’ve touched on this already but I wanted to re-emphasize because of how relieved I am

I have a sinking feeling that all the figures that I really want this wave are gonna be in the Falcon. And I'm gonna end up with yet another falcon...

26 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

I have a sinking feeling that all the figures that I really want this wave are gonna be in the Falcon. And I'm gonna end up with yet another falcon...

I'm actually really hoping the Falcon has tons of interesting figures because I'm already 100% I'm buying it (I don't own a Falcon yet). Though as I said before, I'm thinking it will contain BB-8, D-0, Chewy, Poe, Lando and 2 more figures (both Falcons from the last few years had 7 figures in total)

I got the most recent system scale OT Falcon (2010?) but I missed TFA version and the Solo version. I would love to still get the Solo one and then get this new one so I have a Falcon from each era of her evolution. Although this new one should have a round dish again but I can replace it with a rectangular one. It would be really cool to display all three next to each other.

On a completely different note, I know it’s been a while since this was discussed but I went on Lego Service’s chat box and brought up Finch Dallow again. All I asked was if they had anymore of his figure that I could buy since they ran out during the big rush for him before. They said “say no more” and mailed me his head and helmet saying they had a couple available. They arrived today, I’ll just use another Resistance Pilot torso and legs since it’s the same. All this to say, they seem to have a few available at the moment if anyone else still hasn’t gotten one.

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I got the most recent system scale OT Falcon (2010?) but I missed TFA version and the Solo version. I would love to still get the Solo one and then get this new one so I have a Falcon from each era of her evolution. Although this new one should have a round dish again but I can replace it with a rectangular one. It would be really cool to display all three next to each other.

On a completely different note, I know it’s been a while since this was discussed but I went on Lego Service’s chat box and brought up Finch Dallow again. All I asked was if they had anymore of his figure that I could buy since they ran out during the big rush for him before. They said “say no more” and mailed me his head and helmet saying they had a couple available. They arrived today, I’ll just use another Resistance Pilot torso and legs since it’s the same. All this to say, they seem to have a few available at the moment if anyone else still hasn’t gotten one.

Did you still have to pay for it or did they sent it to you for free? Or did you have to give them the instructionnumber of your Bomber set?