Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So judging by past waves, it seems to be a trend to include some form of elite Troopers in the battle pack type sets (Shadow Troopers, Death Troopers, FO Executioners, FO Riot Troopers, ARC Trooper, ARF Trooper, Aerial Troopers, Senate Commandos, etc.). With that in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sith Troopers are in a battle pack. Isn’t the smallest set supposed to be battle pack sized? The gun turret I believe. That would make sense. My guess is that or they’ll be exclusive to Kylo’s Shuttle. 

Sith troopers, jump troopers, maybe even 2 knights of ren depending on who they want to keep behind the expensive set paywall. 

8 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Hey, all

Betrayal at Cloud City, the UCS Millenium Falcon and the updated Death Star were all revealed in mid to late August. Has there been any more info about the rumored UCS Star Destroyer? IIRC, the last few years there used to be a lot more discussion and information about the October UCS by this time of the year. If TLG follows its past reveal dates, we could be in for some big news in late August, hopefully!

They've kept this one under wraps pretty well, we don't even know what vehicle/location it's supposed to be.

14 hours ago, jdubbs said:

But whether you believe $39.99 or not, £54.99 does not equal $54.99. So quoting FalconFan or whomever as saying this set is $54.99 is just plain wrong.

Just to clear something up, it's priced at  £54.99 according to just2good, falconfan, brick fanatics, or however that went, so you are correct in that it's not $54.99. Indeed, the pound to dollar conversion rate puts it at over $65. I have no information so i don't know ifyour list is more accurate than j2g's or falconfan's, but $39 to $65 is a pretty big difference.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just to clear something up, it's priced at  £54.99 according to just2good, falconfan, brick fanatics, or however that went, so you are correct in that it's not $54.99. Indeed, the pound to dollar conversion rate puts it at over $65. I have no information so i don't know ifyour list is more accurate than j2g's or falconfan's, but $39 to $65 is a pretty big difference.

That's my biggest problem with lego, their currency conversion SUCKS! Someone seriously needs to tell them a 90$ set should be priced around 80 euro, not 100 euro. This has been bugging me for such a long time!

47 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Hey, all

Betrayal at Cloud City, the UCS Millenium Falcon and the updated Death Star were all revealed in mid to late August. Has there been any more info about the rumored UCS Star Destroyer? IIRC, the last few years there used to be a lot more discussion and information about the October UCS by this time of the year. If TLG follows its past reveal dates, we could be in for some big news in late August, hopefully!

UCS sets aren't initially sold at third-party retailers so there are far fewer opportunities for leaks, which is what typically feeds the discussion. And given that there's only been one credible rumor about this set (ISD), there's not a ton to discuss this year. I guess it remains to be seen whether it has an interior, which seems likely given the piece count is so much higher than the last ISD. I would expect it on shelves by September rather than October (maybe even August for VIP members). October is Force Friday (Episode 9 sets) which the fall UCS isn't typically a part of.

The full figure for Allegiant General Pryde leaked as well, I must say I'm a little bit confused as to why he has a cape (though that might be an assembly error by the leaker) and the hairpiece they used for him is pretty terrible. I like the piece itself but there are so many pieces that better resemble Pryde's haircut

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The full figure for Allegiant General Pryde leaked as well, I must say I'm a little bit confused as to why he has a cape (though that might be an assembly error by the leaker) and the hairpiece they used for him is pretty terrible. I like the piece itself but there are so many pieces that better resemble Pryde's haircut

I agree, the cape looks odd, but who am I to question it if it’s accurate? The face and torso print are excellent though. I know we’ve already seen them but it looks great all assembled

Which hairpiece is Pryde using? I know the pics will probably show up in the usual place in a couple of hours, but I’m not that patient :head_back:

Edit: never mind, the pics have been added :classic: The 12th Doctor’s hairpiece is not a bad choice, but the cape looks weird, especially for a FO character...

Edited by Lego-Freak

I really don't like these figures. Pryde looks almost like a jedi with his tunic, cape, and lack of FO insignia, and the only new thing about kylo is his helmet, a very good print, and maybe his face?. I've never been a fan of his faceprints though, they make him look like even more of a whiny child than he is in the films.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which hairpiece is Pryde using? I know the pics will probably show up in the usual place in a couple of hours, but I’m not that patient :head_back:

Edit: never mind, the pics have been added :classic: The 12th Doctor’s hairpiece is not a bad choice, but the cape looks weird, especially for a FO character...

I agree its not a bad choice, but he just looks way too similair to Tarkin

Well Kylo has exactly the same face and torso from TLJ sets, which makes sense since he still wears the same outfit in the movie. Helmet print is nice but I'm disappointed they didn't redesign it to be smaller. It's seriously oversized! General Pryde look ok, nothing special tbh. So that's all the main characters leaked right? 

Well, these two are disappointing :((

Pryde has a great face and torso print, but his torso and legs should be black, cape looks odd and the hairpiece should be dark grey. He looks like a fusion of Tarkin and Jedi Knight. 

Kylo Ren is also disappointing, but for another reason. It's just TLJ Kylo with a new helmet print. Don't get me wrong, he's really accurate, but a new face print or something else that's different would be really welcome. Also, I noticed that he doesn't use the soft cape (softer cape is much nicer) and they use gunmetal lightsabre handle, like from TFA sets (TLJ used black one). The helmet is nice tho.

A new Kylo's lightsaber mold would also be amazing.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, these two are disappointing :((

Pryde has a great face and torso print, but his torso and legs should be black, cape looks odd and the hairpiece should be dark grey. He looks like a fusion of Tarkin and Jedi Knight. 

Kylo Ren is also disappointing, but for another reason. It's just TLJ Kylo with a new helmet print. Don't get me wrong, he's really accurate, but a new face print or something else that's different would be really welcome. Also, I noticed that he doesn't use the soft cape (softer cape is much nicer) and they use gunmetal lightsabre handle, like from TFA sets (TLJ used black one). The helmet is nice tho.

The gunmetal lightsaber handle is more accurate to the films. And it is weird that they keep switching back and forth with the capes, I’m not sure what that’s about. I do really like the soft capes.

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The gunmetal lightsaber handle is more accurate to the films. And it is weird that they keep switching back and forth with the capes, I’m not sure what that’s about. I do really like the soft capes.

Well if you remember Rey slashed his lightsaber on Starkiller base, so he had to repair it. That's why in TLJ it has black hilt instead of gunmetal. So black hilt is more accurate to TLJ and TROS. 

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And it is weird that they keep switching back and forth with the capes, I’m not sure what that’s about. I do really like the soft capes.

The softer fabric capes don't support printing on them, nor do I think they can be as precisely cut. So there may be a subtle pattern or fold lines printed on it, if you see the more papery capes being used (for instance, Bespin Lando or Han in his Mimban outfit). Or it could be a factory worker just putting the wrong cape on a figure, since they're not always sure what the characters are meant to look like. (I think capes are sometimes made at different factories, so there's no guarantee the cape is correct at all).

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think to do this well we'd need either multiple new parts or a dual-molded part.

42 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well if you remember Rey slashed his lightsaber on Starkiller base, so he had to repair it. That's why in TLJ it has black hilt instead of gunmetal. So black hilt is more accurate to TLJ and TROS. 

yes, a quick google search shows it is mostly black in TLJ

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

The softer fabric capes don't support printing on them, nor do I think they can be as precisely cut. So there may be a subtle pattern or fold lines printed on it, if you see the more papery capes being used (for instance, Bespin Lando or Han in his Mimban outfit). Or it could be a factory worker just putting the wrong cape on a figure, since they're not always sure what the characters are meant to look like. (I think capes are sometimes made at different factories, so there's no guarantee the cape is correct at all).

Typically yes, but then minifigs like Bail Organa throw everything off. Maybe some materials can’t be produced in certain colors?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Typically yes, but then minifigs like Bail Organa throw everything off

Good point, I forgot about him. I'm gonna guess that's because that color cape already existed in the papery fabric and they didn't see much use for it again, at least not enough reason to redo it in the softer fabric?

Hopefully the red lines on the helmet show up better irl and other pictures but that looks like what I expected. I don't think that was the best hairpiece for the Allegiant General though, it makes him look too much like Tarkin and Richard E Grant doesn't have a widow's peak like that. 

Have to agree about Pryde's hairpiece. There are better options they could have gone with. Even the color seems a bit light. Kylo's new mask looks good with the red markings across it. The rest is more or less the same as TLJ figure but that was to be expected.

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So that's all the main characters leaked right? 

Jannah and D-O haven't leaked yet.

There's also Luke, Leia, Palpatine and Rose but I'm not sure anyone is realistically expecting to see them included in the first wave since their roles will be either limited or too spoilery.

36 minutes ago, wesker said:

Have to agree about Pryde's hairpiece. There are better options they could have gone with. Even the color seems a bit light. Kylo's new mask looks good with the red markings across it. The rest is more or less the same as TLJ figure but that was to be expected.

Jannah and D-O haven't leaked yet.

There's also Luke, Leia, Palpatine and Rose but I'm not sure anyone is realistically expecting to see them included in the first wave since their roles will be either limited or too spoilery.

Exactly, everyone seems to keep forgetting Jannah and D-O. I’m almost positive they’ll be in this wave somewhere. I’m sure the more spoilery figures will be included in future waves. 

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Using a spoiler tag just in case, just speculation though.

Spoiler

Why would we get a luke figure? Lego doesn't do force ghosts, and I doubt he'll be back in the flesh.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly, everyone seems to keep forgetting Jannah and D-O. I’m almost positive they’ll be in this wave somewhere. I’m sure the more spoilery figures will be included in future waves. 

I'm sure we'll see them soon. D-O has to be in it as he is the cash grab of this film.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Using a spoiler tag just in case, just speculation though.

Hide contents

Why would we get a luke figure? Lego doesn't do force ghosts, and I doubt he'll be back in the flesh.

I'm sure we'll see them soon. D-O has to be in it as he is the cash grab of this film.

I don't see why they couldn't do force ghosts. The only real thing stopping them is how brief their scenes are in the movies and being limited to locations that are rarely visited by Lego (Dagobah, Ahch-To, Ewok Village)

Having dead versions of characters shouldn't be a problem since they've done it before with Vitruvius in the Lego Movie. Hasbro and Funko have released Force Ghosts in the past so it wouldn't be an issue with Lucasfilm or Disney. Transparent parts shouldn't be a factor either since other licensed themed ghosts rarely even use them. Here are some examples from Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates Of The Carribbean and Ghostbusters:

lor071.png
lor104.png
gb010.png
poc039.png
hp145.png

General Pryde could’ve benefited from the Draco Malory/Thrawn hairpiece in a dark grey as oppose to the Tarkin one. 

The full Sith Trooper figure leaked as well, but it has one of those giant watermarks on it similair to Lando and Finn when they first leaked

6 hours ago, wesker said:

Transparent parts shouldn't be a factor either since other licensed themed ghosts rarely even use them. Here are some examples from Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates Of The Carribbean and Ghostbusters:

My understanding is that while they can do transparent parts here and there, they are unable to do a figure made up entirely of transparent parts, which is I think what some people are expecting. The abs/plastic is more brittle or something, which becomes an issue with the torso or legs or both. But I agree, there are clearly ways they can do ghosts without being full transparent, as shown in the examples you quoted.