Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Considering the recently leaked Jumptroopers, I‘d expect Poe to appear in a skiff/ speeder chase set along with them :purrr:

Finn and Poe are pretty much guaranteed to come in the speeder set, unless the set is based on other speeders than the ones from the trailers' chase scene

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would hope Kylo Ren has a new variant in some way. Plus Jannah and D-O

Didn't we already see his Kylo's Ep9 figure on some lego promoart? 

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We’ll probably get them eventually. Although we still haven’t gotten Galen Erso, Saw Gerrera, L-3, or Dryden Vos so...

We could still get some of them, probably not Galen Erso though. Saw could fit in with most original trilogy era sets and L-3 and Dryden could be included in some more Solo sets if they ever decide to do more. Though L-3's exclusion from all the sets as of now still baffles me

Lando will probably be exclusive to the Falcon, similair to his Solo figure. If the promo pictures from a few months ago are anything to go by BB-8, D-0, Poe and Chewy will be in it too. Both (normal) Falcon's we've gotten the last few years included 7 figures, so this would leave 2 spots for maybe some Knights of Ren?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rise of skywalker promo images

So new leaked Minifigures are amazing tbh! Finn has great prints and that idiot smile face, Poe is good but colors of his legs is darker than E3 promo lead to believe. And old man Lando who has the same suit as he did in Solo! Too badge doesn't have leg prints. So now all that's left is new Kylo right? His promo art makes it seem that he has the same costume from TLJ so might be reused.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, that’s the name of the new black woman in TROS from the poster image, the one who is speculated to be related to Lando

Thank you, I got her name mixed up with the actor who plays her.

It looks like the more rigid cloth material rather than the newer softer material, that’s why it has me wondering as well. I could be wrong but it does look like it. Either way, it’s not the cape he wears in the trailer and promo images. That cape is black/brown on the outside and blue on the inside, similar to his cape in Solo. 

It might be coloured on the other side, but even if the cape is inaccurate it's still a solid figure.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think it's worth pointing out there that the contents of this set — and its figures — are not yet known publicly. There are a lot assumptions going around. Assumptions are often wrong.

The set is named "speeder bike and skiff"

A scene in the trailer contains speeder bikes and skiffs, as well as poe, jumptroopers, finn, etc, all figures that have leaked. I don't think this is a random assumption and more of an educated speculation based on the facts we have.

Im still suprised no details on set content i leaked yet, we have probably close to half of the figures but not any information where they should be included 

19 hours ago, wesker said:

The new Poe Dameron figure looks pretty cool. Same design as the videogame but with dark brown colors instead of reddish brown which makes it look even better.

Mmmmm, that's pretty sweet torso to reuse for a modern Adventurer. :smug: Kinda vaguely reminds me of Nathan Drake's outfit from the third Uncharted game:

3929118-nathan-drake-uncharted3.jpg

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The set is named "speeder bike and skiff"

Umm... Where did you read that exactly?

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Umm... Where did you read that exactly?

speeder bike and landspeeder, sorry. My claim still stands that a set named after what the trailer scene seems to represent, combined with the leaking of all figures that appear in said scene, makes me think that my "assumption" is somewhat educated and and while in no way was a confirmation, nor did i ever pretend it was.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Likely both appearing in that desert speeders set, meaning that unless the builds are garbage that's a must-buy for me.

Or there will be two different versions of them in two sets - just like with the two variants of Death Trooper (battle pack/bigger set).

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Mmmmm, that's pretty sweet torso to reuse for a modern Adventurer. :smug: Kinda vaguely reminds me of Nathan Drake's outfit from the third Uncharted game:

I had this very same thought lol.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

speeder bike and landspeeder, sorry. My claim still stands that a set named after what the trailer scene seems to represent, combined with the leaking of all figures that appear in said scene, makes me think that my "assumption" is somewhat educated and and while in no way was a confirmation, nor did i ever pretend it was.

Plus, we have already seen the FO Treadspeeder at Celebration earlier this year so everything pretty much adds up 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's still not the name of the set. In any event, you're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe. I'm just suggesting that you temper your "educated assumptions" a bit so that when reality doesn't live up to them, you're not disappointed. A reminder that this is a small set... and just because characters appeared on a barely-identifiable skiff in a brief shot of the teaser trailer, doesn't mean LEGO will follow suit. Plenty of examples showing just the opposite.

7 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

Or there will be two different versions of them in two sets - just like with the two variants of Death Trooper (battle pack/bigger set).

That could happen too, it depends on how much screen time these guys have.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Plus, we have already seen the FO Treadspeeder at Celebration earlier this year so everything pretty much adds up 

exactly

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

That's still not the name of the set. In any event, you're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe. I'm just suggesting that you temper your "educated assumptions" a bit so that when reality doesn't live up to them, you're not disappointed. A reminder that this is a small set... and just because characters appeared on a barely-identifiable skiff in a brief shot of the teaser trailer, doesn't mean LEGO will follow suit. Plenty of examples showing just the opposite.

Um, in just2good's video on the leaked list it was "speeder bike and landspeeder" at 54.99, not sure how small that would be. I'm not sure if you have insider information or what, but if you do please share it if you can instead of just telling people that their speculation is false.

Does anyone know why zorri's outfit is red instead of purple? an example of concept art being the basis for a design like 2017's first order walker, or something else?

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Um, in just2good's video on the leaked list it was "speeder bike and landspeeder" at 54.99, not sure how small that would be. I'm not sure if you have insider information or what, but if you do please share it if you can instead of just telling people that their speculation is false.

I've said pretty much all I can say... but that info is incorrect, unless he's quoting Canadian prices perhaps?

It comes from the most recent list posted by Falconfan and he said it was from Brickfanatics, so until someone gives me concrete reasons why it is incorrect, I’ll assume the list is correct. And that’s not entitlement, it’s simple logic. So far, I haven’t seen anyone reputable deny that list.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

It comes from the most recent list posted by Falconfan and he said it was from Brickfanatics, so until someone gives me concrete reasons why it is incorrect, I’ll assume the list is correct. And that’s not entitlement, it’s simple logic. So far, I haven’t seen anyone reputable deny that list.

So, let me get this straight. You heard from a video Just2Good posted, who heard it from a post by FalconFan, who heard it from BrickFanatics? That is your idea of a credible source? And more importantly, do they have any info on how Ferris is doing? Because I heard he’s like, really really sick or something.

$39.99. 373 pieces. 

2 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

So, let me get this straight. You heard from a video Just2Good posted, who heard it from a post by FalconFan, who heard it from BrickFanatics? That is your idea of a credible source? And more importantly, do they have any info on how Ferris is doing? Because I heard he’s like, really really sick or something.

$39.99. 373 pieces. 

BrickFanatics IS a credible source :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

BrickFanatics IS a credible source :tongue:

It is. But if this is the article you guys are holding up as the holy grail of set information, it's worth noting that a) the prices listed are in British pounds, not US dollars, and b) the article says pretty clearly: "The names shown are not likely to be the final, official set names, and the prices may not prove to be completely accurate either..." 

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

It is. But if this is the article you guys are holding up as the holy grail of set information, it's worth noting that a) the prices listed are in British pounds, not US dollars, and b) the article says pretty clearly: "The names shown are not likely to be the final, official set names, and the prices may not prove to be completely accurate either..." 

You're right, the setnames and prices are almost never accurate when they leak. But those names pretty much always tell us what we're getting in a set.

I don't recall ever seeing a ''setname'' like this from a credible leaker which turned out to be completely wrong. And Abrams has a lot to show us and finish up in TROS so I wouldn't even be surprised if those 2 speeders we saw in the trailer are the only speeders in the movie (that are used in action scenes).

But can we please move on from this discussion? We'll see who's right soon enough

28 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

$39.99. 373 pieces. 

I don’t watch Just2good. Falconfan is reliable and he reposted it from Brickfanatics which is also reliable. So yes. Reliable sources. 

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

No one said it’s the holy grail of set information. But it’s all we have. And it comes from reliable sources. If you have information that says the list is wrong, you’re welcome to enlighten us. Otherwise, we’re free to speculate on the information we have.

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No one said it’s the holy grail of set information. But it’s all we have. And it comes from reliable sources. If you have information that says the list is wrong, you’re welcome to enlighten us. Otherwise, we’re free to speculate on the information we have.

I gave you the price. And the piece count, for good measure. They were in the very message you quoted from me.

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t watch Just2good. Falconfan is reliable and he reposted it from Brickfanatics which is also reliable. So yes. Reliable sources. 

yes, from reputable sources we know this stuff, and no one is saying that speeder bike and landspeeder is the official name, but one would assume a set with the preliminary name of that will contain said items.

13 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I gave you the price. And the piece count, for good measure. They were in the very message you quoted from me.

I would assume brick fanatics and falconfan are reliable sources, and I trust their info. can we please move past this?

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I am aware. What I’m saying is, does that then mean that the entire list Falconfan posted is wrong? 

I’m honestly not trying to get on your case for no reason. But I hate when people beat around the bush and act like we should all know what you’re talking about. Basically this is what it comes down to: are you saying that list is garbage and that you know the real list? Because with all your various vague statements about it, that’s what it sounds like.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

53 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I am aware. What I’m saying is, does that then mean that the entire list Falconfan posted is wrong? 

No. The list of sets and their general contents has been known for a long time, having been corroborated many times over (it's the pricing and set "names" in that article that I take issue with). I don't know where those prices came from... could be that those are the UK prices (there is a lot of variation in EU/UK prices vs US prices), or maybe someone did a poor currency conversion, or... who knows. But whether you believe $39.99 or not, £54.99 does not equal $54.99. So quoting FalconFan or whomever as saying this set is $54.99 is just plain wrong.

Back to the point of all this, before I got sucked down this never-ending pricing/naming rabbit hole... I wasn't referring to the price, or whatever words are used to identify the set when I initially said "don't assume". But in the case of this speeder set, apparently the price does matter if it's (partially) the basis for the assumptions some of you are making. It's a small set, with a smallish price tag, and from that you can safely infer a small number of minifigs. But don't assume it's the speeder/skiff/ship that Finn, Poe and C-3PO are riding, just because those figs happen to have leaked, and Disney happened to show us a few frames of a shot with them in it. And even if it did happen to include that ship, don't assume that all (or even, any) of those figures will be in this set (again: small set). There are lots of speeders in the Star Wars universe. And lots of people riding those speeders, at any given point in any given movie. Luke, Leia, an Ewok, and Biker Scouts all ride a speeder bike in Return of the Jedi. BB-8 (of all characters) pilots an AT-ST (groan) in Last Jedi. 

I can't be more specific than that, sorry. You can choose to believe what I've said above, or not. Entirely up to you.

So judging by past waves, it seems to be a trend to include some form of elite Troopers in the battle pack type sets (Shadow Troopers, Death Troopers, FO Executioners, FO Riot Troopers, ARC Trooper, ARF Trooper, Aerial Troopers, Senate Commandos, etc.). With that in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sith Troopers are in a battle pack. Isn’t the smallest set supposed to be battle pack sized? The gun turret I believe. That would make sense. My guess is that or they’ll be exclusive to Kylo’s Shuttle. 

Hey, all

Betrayal at Cloud City, the UCS Millenium Falcon and the updated Death Star were all revealed in mid to late August. Has there been any more info about the rumored UCS Star Destroyer? IIRC, the last few years there used to be a lot more discussion and information about the October UCS by this time of the year. If TLG follows its past reveal dates, we could be in for some big news in late August, hopefully!