Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

They use Poe a lot because he has more variants, all of his costumes appear in the movie. It makes sense, because every set he comes in actually makes sense and there could be no other figure in his place. He has a lot of costumes, like more than six

Rey has only TFA, Ahch-To and TLJ costumes, the TROS will be her fourth. There's nothing more they could do. That's four for whole trilogy.

Finn has Stormtrooper armour, plain black shirt (would be boring), TFA jacket, recovery costume, TLJ jacket, First Order disguise and Crait clothes (basically TLJ without jacket). If you want a plain black shirt, they did everything they could. 

I actually prefer getting more minifigures of less important character if we get many versions of him, than getting repeats of same character all over.

If the rumored list is true, we should be getting another Resistance A-Wing pilot and a Y-Wing pilot, which will be really nice. My assumption is that the teal astromech is from the Y-Wing as well. I do really hope for that blue Resistnace BB unit from TLJ at some point too but it might not happen. I also love the variety of FO stormtroopers we’ve been getting, and they’re keeping up that trend. From TFA we got regulars, Flametroopers, pilots, and Snowtroopers. From TLJ we got regulars, Walker pilots, and Executioners. And now from TROS we’re getting Jumptroopers and the red Sith Troopers, and that’s just what we know about. I’m so excited for this wave.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I wonder if we’ll get another version of Rose. I haven’t seen her in any of the marketing for ROS. I didn’t like her at all in TLJ (for the record it has nothing to do with the actress or her race or her as a person whatsoever, they just gave her a really dumb character with a really dumb story), but again, the lego potential is still there and I would still want every variant we could get

1: same here with your opinion on rose. Because the internet is the internet and a small group of bigots can do real damage to wookiepedia and on social media, disliking Rose or TLJ gets you accused of -isms. If they gave her actor a better story to work with, she could be a great character.

2: I'm not sure rose will end up getting a figure or even be that prominent in the movie at all. She wasn't in the trailer and no TROS merch or any rumors on her role in the film have shown up.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They use Poe a lot because he has more variants, all of his costumes appear in the movie. It makes sense, because every set he comes in actually makes sense and there could be no other figure in his place. He has a lot of costumes, like more than six

Rey has only TFA, Ahch-To and TLJ costumes, the TROS will be her fourth. There's nothing more they could do. That's four for whole trilogy.

Finn has Stormtrooper armour, plain black shirt (would be boring), TFA jacket, recovery costume, TLJ jacket, First Order disguise and Crait clothes (basically TLJ without jacket). If you want a plain black shirt, they did everything they could. 

I actually prefer getting more minifigures of less important character if we get many versions of him, than getting repeats of same character all over.

Exactly, they all got all their variants, poe just has the most costumes. And for the most part replacements wouldn't make sense

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If the rumored list is true, we should be getting another Resistance A-Wing pilot and a Y-Wing pilot, which will be really nice. My assumption is that the teal astromech is from the Y-Wing as well. I do really hope for that blue Resistnace BB unit from TLJ at some point too but it might not happen. I also love the variety of FO stormtroopers we’ve been getting, and they’re keeping up that trend. From TFA we got regulars, Flametroopers, pilots, and Snowtroopers. From TLJ we got regulars, Walker pilots, and Executioners. And now from TROS we’re getting Jumptroopers and the red Sith Troopers, and that’s just what we know about. I’m so excited for this wave.

This is looking like a wave with little figure repetition, too, just based on everything you've said with the trooper variants, the obligatory resistance soldiers, the knights of ren, zorri, lando, d-0, and the existing main cast.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

2: I'm not sure rose will end up getting a figure or even be that prominent in the movie at all. She wasn't in the trailer and no TROS merch or any rumors on her role in the film have shown up.

imdb lists her, so she will be in the movie. At least that's sure.

24 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

imdb lists her, so she will be in the movie. At least that's sure.

that's exciting. i enjoyed her character in TLJ (except when she kissed FInn) and i'd love to get another minifig of her

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

1: same here with your opinion on rose. Because the internet is the internet and a small group of bigots can do real damage to wookiepedia and on social media, disliking Rose or TLJ gets you accused of -isms. If they gave her actor a better story to work with, she could be a great character.

They confirmed it at Star Wars Celebration TROS panel. We even have a picture of Rose in the movie. Different hair and suit.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They confirmed it at Star Wars Celebration TROS panel. We even have a picture of Rose in the movie. Different hair and suit.

To add to this:

Reaction to Rose first look in Star Wars episode IX - Kelly Marie Tran

I didn't like her character, but I feel like Kelly Marie Tran did the best she could do with what was given to her. Rose Tico was just another excellent example of bad writing

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't like her character, but I feel like Kelly Marie Tran did the best she could do with what was given to her. Rose Tico was just another excellent example of bad writing

Exactly

If she’s in the film, which I guess she is, then I hope we get another minifigure of her, especially if she has a different look. I need all the variants!

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly

If she’s in the film, which I guess she is, then I hope we get another minifigure of her, especially if she has a different look. I need all the variants!

I could see her popping up in the y-wing set

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, the actress did the best she could with the story they gave her. I didn't see the image until now, but that variant of her will probably get a figure. 

How high is the possibilty for the rumoured new UCS SD not being a "conventional" SSD or ISD at all? The are many other SD designs out there.

13 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

How high is the possibilty for the rumoured new UCS SD not being a "conventional" SSD or ISD at all? The are many other SD designs out there.

I'd say not high. It's a big set so lego will want to cash in on things people know, as the ''general audience'' wouldn't really be attracted to something only Star Wars fans really know. But then again no one from the general audience would buy a $200+ Star Wars set anyway (unless they're buying it for the parts) so who knows!

21 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

yeah-virtually zero chance. Particularly at this price range. It's an ISD- maybe a 1% chance its a SSD? Can't see even a remote possibility of anything else. 

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say not high. It's a big set so lego will want to cash in on things people know, as the ''general audience'' wouldn't really be attracted to something only Star Wars fans really know. But then again no one from the general audience would buy a $200+ Star Wars set anyway (unless they're buying it for the parts) so who knows!

That "will want to cash in on things people know" didn't work that well with Bespin and Hoth, eh? I bet both would've been easy victims for a Venator. Sadly the Ecplise and the Victory I/II never made it to the big screen. Not to mention all the other really good smaller designs from games and comics.

EDIT: Or maybe they surprise us with something Mon Calamari style?

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

That "will want to cash in on things people know" didn't work that well with Bespin and Hoth, eh? I bet both would've been easy victims for a Venator. Sadly the Ecplise and the Victory I/II never made it to the big screen. Not to mention all the other really good smaller designs from games and comics.

Well, if they try to make something super iconic to a certain brand and they mess up that's not that good for business. You could very well see how little effort had gone into the Hoth set (unfinished looking areas, exposed Technic parts, the set basically being comprised of a lot of smaller sets). Bespin looked great, but it's targeted at a very specific part of the Star Wars fandom so not everyone will like it. I think the set would've done a lot better if it had removable panels to make it look like the big floating dish that is Cloud City

I wouldn’t mind a FO Star Destroyer or Snoke’s flagship (can’t remember the name), but I don’t think they would be iconic enough to sell that well at that price. I think an ISD makes the most sense, and it goes hand in hand with the Tantive IV. Plus it’s about time we had an updated UCS ISD.

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I wouldn’t mind a FO Star Destroyer or Snoke’s flagship (can’t remember the name), but I don’t think they would be iconic enough to sell that well at that price. I think an ISD makes the most sense, and it goes hand in hand with the Tantive IV. Plus it’s about time we had an updated UCS ISD.

Yeah the Supremacy would be an amazing UCS! It’s easily the best ship design from the ST because it’s original and it has a unique shape. That or the Resistance Bomber but the $100 set suffices.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Yeah the Supremacy would be an amazing UCS! It’s easily the best ship design from the ST because it’s original and it has a unique shape. That or the Resistance Bomber but the $100 set suffices.

Supremacy, that’s the name! I knew it at one point

10 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

It'll almost 100% be a normal ISD if the rumors of a star destroyer are true, they need the iconicity. Though the supremacy would be reaaally cool and probably my first real ucs buy. (I don't count the mistake of assault on hoth, even for $50 off.)

10 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

It would have worked even less if they did Sullust or Lothal.  While I'd love either of those, like it or not stuff from the movies absolutely sells best.  There's a reason we haven't seen any TCW or Rebels UCS sets.  The more expensive a set, the more risk LEGO is at if it sells poorly.  I could see us someday getting maybe a Victory as like a small mini/midi set, but never UCS unless it gets a much bigger role in a movie (and even then, system-scale is probably best we could really hope for).

2 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

It would have worked even less if they did Sullust or Lothal.  While I'd love either of those, like it or not stuff from the movies absolutely sells best.  There's a reason we haven't seen any TCW or Rebels UCS sets.  The more expensive a set, the more risk LEGO is at if it sells poorly.  I could see us someday getting maybe a Victory as like a small mini/midi set, but never UCS unless it gets a much bigger role in a movie (and even then, system-scale is probably best we could really hope for).

Yeah, lego needs to play it safe with their more expensive sets, and it would be a financially terrible decision to make something only the small amount of lego star wars superfans that exist would pick up.

Although, in one of star wars explained's videos he speculates a venator may be visible in the TROS trailer. I personally don't believe it, and even if he's right it's more likely we'd get a TCWS7 set for it, but just thought I'd point out that we may see it again in a movie soon.

TLG understands who the target audience is for high prices sets.  As far as SW goes it definitely isn't millennials.  They are banking on nostalgia.  

As much as I think nostalgia is for suckers, some ships are iconic.

There is no way we get a prequel trilogy or sequel trilogy star destroyer at a high price point.  TLG knows better.

Another Jumptrooper just popped up. Looks like they're going to have two different torso variations in the upcoming wave.

11 minutes ago, wesker said:

Another Jumptrooper just popped up. Looks like they're going to have two different torso variations in the upcoming wave.

This is shaping up to be one of the best Star Wars waves in a while. Minifig wise at least. This is kind of like the Avengers: Endgame of Star Wars so it’s good that the film is getting this much respect from TLG unlike Endgame

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This is shaping up to be one of the best Star Wars waves in a while. Minifig wise at least. This is kind of like the Avengers: Endgame of Star Wars so it’s good that the film is getting this much respect from TLG unlike Endgame

Yeah, the minfigures for this at least are great and, unlike the endgame sets, accurate. If the builds are great, the only problem here is the nearly $500 price tag for the wave, hopefully a warranted one.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Likely both appearing in that desert speeders set, meaning that unless the builds are garbage that's a must-buy for me.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, the minfigures for this at least are great and, unlike the endgame sets, accurate. If the builds are great, the only problem here is the nearly $500 price tag for the wave, hopefully a warranted one.

Likely both appearing in that desert speeders set, meaning that unless the builds are garbage that's a must-buy for me.

The Last Jedi wave was really expensive too. They had three sets over $100 and others that were close