Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love another Old Leia minifig honestly. There was a TLJ version rumored for a Resistance Transport last year that never happened unfortunately. I would still love that version of her at some point.

Yeah, I’m also confused why we didn’t get TLJ Leia minifig.

38 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Yeah, I’m also confused why we didn’t get TLJ Leia minifig.

The set was rumored to come with Connix as well, which would have been nice. Even though I’m disappointed in TLJ as a movie, the lego potential is spectacular. I hope they revisit some TLJ ideas, and even some TFA ones, once the ROS marketing runs its course. 

I'm also disappointed there still hasn't been a figure from TLJ. Out of everything that's yet to be made from that film she's by far the biggest omission.

That said I can't complain about how they've been handling her character lately. Over the last 12 months she's already had seven minifigures across six new sets - two of which being the most affordable she's ever been in. Plus there's also the holographic microfigure on the way. It would be great if she is part of the upcoming TROS wave, but even if she isn't I do appreciate Lego's efforts in pushing her out as a more obtainable character than she has been in the past.

7 minutes ago, wesker said:

I'm also disappointed there still hasn't been a figure from TLJ. Out of everything that's yet to be made from that film she's by far the biggest omission.

That said I can't complain about how they've been handling her character lately. Over the last 12 months she's already had seven minifigures across six new sets - two of which being the most affordable she's ever been in. Plus there's also the holographic microfigure on the way. It would be great if she is part of the upcoming TROS wave, but even if she isn't I do appreciate Lego's efforts in pushing her out as a more obtainable character than she has been in the past.

Agreed, getting A New Hope Leia in 75229 at a great price point at last was a relief.

Surely there's a TROS Leia coming someday. I would hold out hope for a TLJ Leia as well. Maybe not as part of a Resistance orbital load lifter set but something else. The lifter would be great and I'd buy two of them, but I don't see TLG making one where they can instead make the bridge of the Raddus at a much lower piece count, still include Connix and push us another Poe and C3P0 (and action feature to launch Leia Poppins into the cosmos). Like the layout of Home One 7754. 

Were there any early 2019 TLJ set rumors that dried up completely? The only two I remember reading about here was the U55 Resistance transport (load lifter) and the Escape from Canto Bight set - fathier horses and a police speeder. 

10 minutes ago, wesker said:

That is very true, the hologram is awesome and the skirt piece with the Tantive IV is amazing. Not to mention the Bespin version from Cloud City.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lando - black Tarkin hairpiece, light brown face, white cape, light brown hands and black legs (possibly without printing).

Finn - "Solo" Lando hairpiece and dark blue legs with some knee and brown belt printing.

Poe - his regular hairpiece, possibly his old face print, dark brown hands and dark tan legs with two brown straps (we have seen that figure before at E3 - white torso with some dark tan scarf printing, white arms and legs with a brown belt and some other brown printed elements).

I hope they leak in full soon, that one is not even a watermark, it's just a giant logo hiding nearly whole minfigs.

I assume lego took these down, but they're great figures from what you've said nonetheless. The speeder chase seth is starting to look like a must-buy for me if it's got poe, finn, and the jumptroopers.

Just now, darththeling said:

Agreed, getting A New Hope Leia in 75229 at a great price point at last was a relief.

Surely there's a TROS Leia coming someday. I would hold out hope for a TLJ Leia as well. Maybe not as part of a Resistance orbital load lifter set but something else. The lifter would be great and I'd buy two of them, but I don't see TLG making one where they can instead make the bridge of the Raddus at a much lower piece count, still include Connix and push us another Poe and C3P0 (and action feature to launch Leia Poppins into the cosmos). Like the layout of Home One 7754. 

Were there any early 2019 TLJ set rumors that dried up completely? The only two I remember reading about here was the U55 Resistance transport (load lifter) and the Escape from Canto Bight set - fathier horses and a police speeder. 

Leia Poppins, I love it. I’m Leia Poppins y’all! What a weird scene. Anyway, I believe those are the only two dried up TLJ rumors, but I’m also disappointed that the V-19 rumor went nowhere. That sounded amazing. Maybe with the new CW season? We’ll see. 

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I assume lego took these down, but they're great figures from what you've said nonetheless. The speeder chase seth is starting to look like a must-buy for me if it's got poe, finn, and the jumptroopers.

I think it’s gonn be really hard not to buy the full wave. I might just have to!

Wow, every single TRoS minifigure looks amazing so far - so many new moulds too!

Seeing as Finn has an accurate hairpiece, it would be great to see Kylo get the Mad-Eye Moody hairpiece in black. It would be perfect.

Interested to see what other characters these sets will have. Some more Knights of Ren are likely, and maybe Jannah as well? Standard FO and Resistance personnel are a given. Hopefully the sets themselves will reflect the incredible quality of these minifigures.

Edited by Kaijumeister

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Leia Poppins, I love it. I’m Leia Poppins y’all! What a weird scene. Anyway, I believe those are the only two dried up TLJ rumors, but I’m also disappointed that the V-19 rumor went nowhere. That sounded amazing. Maybe with the new CW season? We’ll see. 

I think it’s gonn be really hard not to buy the full wave. I might just have to!

Yeah, whenever I'm debating whether TLJ is good or not leia poppins is my ace in the hole. And yeah, those 3 sets that went nowhere. We had solid rumors for some too, like the fathier mold showing up in that TLJ in 2 minutes video by lego.

I'm not even as much of a sequel fan, but without even having images I'm getting the speeder chase, at-st, gun turret, and anything mandalorian that shows up. Thats what, a $140 minimun right there? And even then this is hoping the knights of ren aren't all lumped with the most expensive set.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, whenever I'm debating whether TLJ is good or not leia poppins is my ace in the hole. And yeah, those 3 sets that went nowhere. We had solid rumors for some too, like the fathier mold showing up in that TLJ in 2 minutes video by lego.

I'm not even as much of a sequel fan, but without even having images I'm getting the speeder chase, at-st, gun turret, and anything mandalorian that shows up. Thats what, a $140 minimun right there? And even then this is hoping the knights of ren aren't all lumped with the most expensive set.

I just hope Lando and at least some of the KoR are included with the Falcon as I don't own one yet and will buy the new version for sure

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just hope Lando and at least some of the KoR are included with the Falcon as I don't own one yet and will buy the new version for sure

They’ll probably spread them over at least 3 sets, so maybe two in the Falcon, two in  Kylo’s ship and one each for two of the other sets? If we even get all of them in the first wave that is...

Spreading them over all of the 6 upcoming sets is another option but that wouldn’t make much sense since the KoR probably aren’t that important, they’re not on the level of the Fellowship or Bilbo’s party after all :grin:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I forgot about the falcon... this has turned into a very expensive autumn for me.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They’ll probably spread them over at least 3 sets, so maybe two in the Falcon, two in  Kylo’s ship and one each for two of the other sets? If we even get all of them in the first wave that is...

Spreading them over all of the 6 upcoming sets is another option but that wouldn’t make much sense since the KoR probably aren’t that important, they’re not on the level of the Fellowship or Bilbo’s party after all :grin:

For all we know they've got a great scene like the preatorians, but they could just as easily have zero screen time or plot relevance. We know we're getting at least two, so i guess we'll se where and if the rest show up.

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I forgot about the falcon... this has turned into a very expensive autumn for me.

For all we know they've got a great scene like the preatorians, but they could just as easily have zero screen time or plot relevance. We know we're getting at least two, so i guess we'll se where and if the rest show up.

We are getting at least three. First we got a face leak, and then we got two full KoR minifigs with different heads.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm kinda expecting were getting at least Lando, Poe, Chewy, BB-8 and D-O in that set. As they were all in the cockpit on those EW photos a couple of months back. Though thats just speculation

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We had solid rumors for some too, like the fathier mold showing up in that TLJ in 2 minutes video by lego.

Seriously how is this a thing people still believe? That entire segment was CG, no fathier mold ever existed, and Lego does this sort of thing ALL THE TIME. Ive been over this so many times in this thread...

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We are getting at least three. First we got a face leak, and then we got two full KoR minifigs with different heads.

oh thanks.

3 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Seriously how is this a thing people still believe? That entire segment was CG, no fathier mold ever existed, and Lego does this sort of thing ALL THE TIME. Ive been over this so many times in this thread...

usually lego will make a full CG creature without stud hole type things, like the banthas and whatnot in the games. I'm not saying it's confirmation of something, but combined with the fact that there was apparently a rumored canto bight set, it at the very least raises an eyebrow.

Hope there is not a bunch of Poe figures in this wave as well. Hes already represented in 7 different versions and it's already more than enough. I think legos overexadurated focus on Poe has made me hate him even. They could have used those slots for other characters not made yet. 

8 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Hope there is not a bunch of Poe figures in this wave as well. Hes already represented in 7 different versions and it's already more than enough. I think legos overexadurated focus on Poe has made me hate him even. They could have used those slots for other characters not made yet. 

Meh, the only time I felt his appearance was unnecessary was in the Resistance Bomber set. In pretty much every other set he came in his inclusion made a ton of sense, though his inclusion in the Black Ace set is debatable.

Aside from that he has only 6 figures, 2 of which are almost identical (the 2 Crait variants)

I have no issue whatsoever with getting as many variants of a character as possible. If it was the same character with the exact same printing over and over, that’s different. But I absolutely love getting a ton of different variants of a character

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I have no issue whatsoever with getting as many variants of a character as possible. If it was the same character with the exact same printing over and over, that’s different. But I absolutely love getting a ton of different variants of a character

Same

I don't have a problem with the number of Poe figures either. Compared to Rey and Finn he hasn't been in that many sets.

Plus when it comes to the main characters I'd like to see all the different costume variations get released.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Poe's inclusion has made sense in nearly every set he's been included in. And for alot of these slots, who would replace him besides a character variant already in a set? In the walker he could really only have been replaced by a basic trooper, same with the battle of crait set and in every starfighter he pilots, he needs to be in them. The only ones i could see being unneccesary are the bomber and black ace as people already mentioned, but those brought some excellent new torso prints. Might be a bit of bias as poe is one of my favorite sequel trilogy characters.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah, the more variants the better. That's actually one of my problems with all these rey figures where they never bothered to update her for any TFA appearance. They have that random sand blue shirt under her outfit, which I don't remember in TFA, and they've given her the same facial expression in all 9 sets she appears in.

Yeah at least Poe has had a lot of variation. Honestly I think my favorite Rey variant so far has actually been the Ahch-To version. Finn has only had a couple tiny changes. Obviously the most different versions are his polybag stormtrooper variant and his FO AT-ST variant. But all his others are almost the same. I welcome new versions of all three of those characters with open arms

I wonder if we’ll get another version of Rose. I haven’t seen her in any of the marketing for ROS. I didn’t like her at all in TLJ (for the record it has nothing to do with the actress or her race or her as a person whatsoever, they just gave her a really dumb character with a really dumb story), but again, the lego potential is still there and I would still want every variant we could get

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't have a problem with the number of Poe figures either. Compared to Rey and Finn he hasn't been in that many sets.

Plus when it comes to the main characters I'd like to see all the different costume variations get released.

Not true, he has been in more sets than Finn and equal amount as Rey (nine each), and he is a less central character than Rey and Finn so I don't think it's called for. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well, not me really either, but there is a but here. And that is that it will be on the expense of other charachters that could be included. And it apparently lego don't always care if a certain character makes sense in a set or not, so if they don't care about that, then let's get more different character than the same in different outfit (if that are the choices) 

That they have re-used the same version of Rey and Finn to much is of course also irritating

1 minute ago, Sneakguest said:

Not true, he has been in more sets than Finn and equal amount as Rey (nine each), and he is a less central character than Rey and Finn so I don't think it's called for. 

He also has a lot more variations to his film costumes than they do, so I think it’s completely called for, and makes a ton of sense. What’s the use of throwing the exact same Finn and Rey in more sets? The key here is variation

3 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, not me really either, but there is a but here. And that is that it will be on the expense of other charachters that could be included. And it apparently lego don't always care if a certain character makes sense in a set or not, so if they don't care about that, then let's get more different character than the same in different outfit (if that are the choices) 

That they have re-used the same version of Rey and Finn to much is of course also irritating

I’ll agree that I would love some more Resistance X-Wing pilots as well as officers (particularly the Asian guy who is played by the actor that played Miles in Lost). Other than that, I don’t really see anyone being sidelined, aside from TLJ Leia, which we’ve mentioned.