Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And she STILL has the same set of faceprints :snicker:

And the sad thing is those 2 faces aren't even that good. The "angry" one is even just straight up bad if you ask me.

The rest of the figure looks really nice though

I’m just glad they didn’t reuse the FA design for the torso and legs. It’s nice to get some variation. Yeah the face is ok, I never thought it was particularly bad, but it isn’t great. For some reason, lego is really bad at designing female face prints. The lips are usually way too big and it turns it cartoony. There really are only a couple of good female face prints out there.

Yeah Lego just keeps reusing face prints. They want to keep their inventory as low as possible. Sometimes they reuse face prints for different characters in other IPs, which is fine as long as the likeness is good enough, but this whole inventory thing is starting to get annoying when they use the same faces for two different characters in the Marvel line for example, or when it stops us from getting new face prints for existing characters. On the other hand, the range of emotion on this figure isn't too far off compared to Daisy's acting :)

Since this outfit does not have the particular sleeves / wrapped cloth around her arms, I'd say dual molding is not really needed here as much as it was needed on the other outfits, but a bit of print on the right arm would've been nice to show the thing that covers up her scar. The level of detailing looks much better than her first minifigure, whose torso looked a bit flat.

I don't mind that they reused Rey's old face print. I like having consistency when it comes to having multiple versions of the same character.

So a person states that they've seen a new female figure and that it looks good, and that it should be leaked soon and they get laid into for not sharing more information. Then a couple of days later a figure does actually leak of a female character that looks good. I'd say the person who said it's coming was doing a perfectly good job.

I can't believe we're still having these conversations. If someone can share info they will. However vague. If they can't it's because there's a chance their job depends on it, or worse still their employer's entire business. People who leak info aren't all 12yr old kids who have been shown everything and are deciding to keep it to themselves.

Lego don't want any info leaking. In Lego's ideal world this thread wouldn't exist because we'd only know things as and when Lego officially released them so the other 2019 or 2020 or 2021 thread is all we'd have an all we'd need, because everything else would be wish-listing. If someone turns up and says 'Hey... I've sen all the sets and I'm not telling you about them' then they're being an idiot. I'm yet to see anyone do that in a decade of visiting this site.

By visiting these threads you'll already know more than 99% of the population of the planet and that includes the people who work at your local Lego store. Just enjoy anything that people can and do share.

6 minutes ago, Robianco said:

So a person states that they've seen a new female figure and that it looks good, and that it should be leaked soon and they get laid into for not sharing more information. Then a couple of days later a figure does actually leak of a female character that looks good. I'd say the person who said it's coming was doing a perfectly good job.

I can't believe we're still having these conversations. If someone can share info they will. However vague. If they can't it's because there's a chance their job depends on it, or worse still their employer's entire business. People who leak info aren't all 12yr old kids who have been shown everything and are deciding to keep it to themselves.

Lego don't want any info leaking. In Lego's ideal world this thread wouldn't exist because we'd only know things as and when Lego officially released them so the other 2019 or 2020 or 2021 thread is all we'd have an all we'd need, because everything else would be wish-listing. If someone turns up and says 'Hey... I've sen all the sets and I'm not telling you about them' then they're being an idiot. I'm yet to see anyone do that in a decade of visiting this site.

By visiting these threads you'll already know more than 99% of the population of the planet and that includes the people who work at your local Lego store. Just enjoy anything that people can and do share.

We all appreciate people who leak information. I can't condone it, but since it happens we talk about it here. When the leak is vague, that's when things get tricky. I have no way to tell if someone is just trying to be helpful but doesn't want to give away too much or if they are trolling. Since I can't tell the motives of the person leaking we've asked that leaks have some substantial substance to them. No further discussion is needed for now.

New Rey is kinda meh tbh. Ok torso and leg prints, but the same face prints as all the previous versions of her. I just hate this, both faces are lacking any emotion: kinda smiley and kinda angry. Couldn’t LEGO just make actually angry/smiley faces? Especially considering Rey is the main character.

Am I the only one who thinks Rey's head is actually pretty good? To me it's one of those heads that you look at and easily recognize "yep, it's that actor".

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

New Rey is kinda meh tbh. Ok torso and leg prints, but the same face prints as all the previous versions of her. I just hate this, both faces are lacking any emotion: kinda smiley and kinda angry. Couldn’t LEGO just make actually angry/smiley faces? Especially considering Rey is the main character.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Am I the only one who thinks Rey's head is actually pretty good? To me it's one of those heads that you look at and easily recognize "yep, it's that actor".

it's a good print, but i think the reason people don't like it is because in 4 years we haven't had a new expression for rey. A new head that looks similar but with an angry expression or full smile would be nice and make both sides happy.

I must admit if I think a different face still work in a figure I’ll just swap it out

Nobody talking about the leaked Allegiant General Pryde? Not the most exciting torso print, but there isn't much to print in the first place, but the head is nice. Wonder which set he could be in.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Nobody talking about the leaked Allegiant General Pryde? Not the most exciting torso print, but there isn't much to print in the first place, but the head is nice. Wonder which set he could be in.

I didn't see this guy on legoleaks, but it's always god to get more uniformed officers for the first order. He'll probably be in the "kylo's ship" set.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I didn't see this guy on legoleaks, but it's always god to get more uniformed officers for the first order. He'll probably be in the "kylo's ship" set.

For me it's the 15th row right now. More a tunic without insignia.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

For me it's the 15th row right now. More a tunic without insignia.

Ah. I thought you meant a full figure, not just the head and torso. They are nice parts though, i like the head expressions and more gunmetal torsos are always good.

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

His head and torso leaked more than a week ago, nothing new.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah he looks pretty good, I love getting Imperial and First Order Officers, they’re some of my favorite Star Wars figures

I like them alot too, though my personal favorites are RO rebels and basically any stormtrooper

I actually like the torso alot more now that i know it doesn't have insignia, a gunmetal tunic part is great and would probably end up on my sigfig if not for those mandalorian torsos.

TROS leaks have been amplifying in the past few days but most have disappeared, at least from #legoleaks. Do you guys think we'll see a slowdown as lego tries to hide them?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

TROS leaks have been amplifying in the past few days but most have disappeared, at least from #legoleaks. Do you guys think we'll see a slowdown as lego tries to hide them?

I don't think so. There's a post on Reddit claiming Lando, Poe and Finn are on the way. They included a pic of Lando but most of the figure is obscured by a large watermark. All that's visible are a white cape, plain black legs and Grand Moff Tarkin's hairpiece in black.

Lando - black Tarkin hairpiece, light brown face, white cape, light brown hands and black legs (possibly without printing).

Finn - "Solo" Lando hairpiece and dark blue legs with some knee and brown belt printing.

Poe - his regular hairpiece, possibly his old face print, dark brown hands and dark tan legs with two brown straps (we have seen that figure before at E3 - white torso with some dark tan scarf printing, white arms and legs with a brown belt and some other brown printed elements).

I hope they leak in full soon, that one is not even a watermark, it's just a giant logo hiding nearly whole minfigs.

Why would anyone but such a ohnoxiously big watermark on those figures? It makes the leaks pretty much insignificant as you cant see 90% of the figure

Because Lego and Disney are closing accounts and stores down for leaking things like this. This is what happens. They want it to stop. It's not the leaker adding them to be a smart-big behind

Edited by Robianco

So with Poe, Finn and old Lando confirmed that just leaves Kylo of all the main characters. It’s about 2 months till sets release so hopefully he’ll be next.

I would love another Old Leia minifig honestly. There was a TLJ version rumored for a Resistance Transport last year that never happened unfortunately. I would still love that version of her at some point.