Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I like the new teal astromech, now I'm looking forward to them making a purple one haha.

Could just be me but I don't really see the point in telling people you've seen a new TROS figure if you're not even telling which character it is

The new FO-Trooper from TROS, which has been leaked some days ago, is using a jetpack in the movie (he was also in the trailer for not even a second (blurry screenshot below)).

fef6677ede30408d-600x338.png

So we will probably see him in the set with the two speeders.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but I don't really see the point in telling people you've seen a new TROS figure if you're not even telling which character it is

The problem with sharing even a little bit of info here is that it inevitably leads to demands for more and more information, or worse, a slew of skeptical challenges to prove that your info is legit. Makes those with actual intel wary of posting here at all. 

20 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The problem with sharing even a little bit of info here is that it inevitably leads to demands for more and more information, or worse, a slew of skeptical challenges to prove that your info is legit. Makes those with actual intel wary of posting here at all. 

Nail on the head. As was said before, don't bite the hand that feeds you. I was simply alluding to the fact that something of interest would likely be out there in the near future. Who, or rather, what it is, I couldn't tell you. I may refrain from doing so again should I find myself in a similar position. 

10 hours ago, fluffyducks4 said:

she's british

I meant skin colour, I couldn't tell if "black chic" meant a woman in black clothing or one with darker skin.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

EXACTLY. Some people here think having a little bit of information makes it ok for them to lord it over us.

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

The new FO-Trooper from TROS, which has been leaked some days ago, is using a jetpack in the movie (he was also in the trailer for not even a second (blurry screenshot below)).

So we will probably see him in the set with the two speeders.

I was really hoping I'd only want the set with the rusted at-st to save my wallet, but dang this speeder set is shaping up pretty good from what we've seen in the trailers.

53 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, so if you have information, post real information or don't post at all. "there's a new leak coming" is not remotely helpful, it just makes it sound like you have info you don't and are choosing to keep it from the forum.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I meant skin colour, I couldn't tell if "black chic" meant a woman in black clothing or one with darker skin.

EXACTLY. Some people here think having a little bit of information makes it ok for them to lord it over us.

I was really hoping I'd only want the set with the rusted at-st to save my wallet, but dang this speeder set is shaping up pretty good from what we've seen in the trailers.

Yeah, so if you have information, post real information or don't post at all. "there's a new leak coming" is not remotely helpful, it just makes it sound like you have info you don't and are choosing to keep it from the forum.

Without wanting to escalate things and swiftly nip it in the bud here, I have to say, I think your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Your apparent sense of entitlement to be privy to the knowledge of others is quite palpable in all honesty. A shame really, because I get the impression jdubbs knows the score and understands the content of my initial post. If you look back through all my posts on this forum, you will not once see a bad word said about any other member or any indirect attacks at another poster, just attempts to make meaningful contributions and speculate as to what we may have to look forward to as a community. I think I'll stop visiting this forum as much as I do and cease my contributions until the toxicity here runs its course. 

I'll just leave you, in particular, with the following from George Orwell's 1984: 'ignorance is strength'. Not to worry, though. Give you enough rope and you'll soon hang yourself, as they say in my part of the world. 

Until next time. 

People with intel in the other threads aren’t nearly as entitled as the ones here in the Star Wars topic. So the whole “you just don’t understand how this works” nonsense is a dumb argument. The point of this thread is for us all to gather as much info on the new sets as we can before release, so I don’t think wanting people with intel to share with the class is entitled at all, it’s the point of this forum. I think the “toxicity” comes from those that allude to info without sharing it and then getting angry when we want to know. Like I said, people with intel in other threads share their knowledge much more easily than people here in the Star Wars topic. So I don’t get the issue here. And the whole “fine I’ll just take my info elsewhere and stop sharing on this forum” comeback is getting old. It’s immature and ridiculous. The point of this thread is to share information. And it really just seems to be for the Star Wars threads. It’s a disappointing attitude.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People with intel in the other threads aren’t nearly as entitled as the ones here in the Star Wars topic. So the whole “you just don’t understand how this works” nonsense is a dumb argument. The point of this thread is for us all to gather as much info on the new sets as we can before release, so I don’t think wanting people with intel to share with the class is entitled at all, it’s the point of this forum. I think the “toxicity” comes from those that allude to info without sharing it and then getting angry when we want to know. Like I said, people with intel in other threads share their knowledge much more easily than people here in the Star Wars topic. So I don’t get the issue here. And the whole “fine I’ll just take my info elsewhere and stop sharing on this forum” comeback is getting old. It’s immature and ridiculous. The point of this thread is to share information. And it really just seems to be for the Star Wars threads. It’s a disappointing attitude.

I feel like I have to say this every six months or so, but here goes again: people are selective about the information they post for all sorts of reasons. Maybe Renown has been told by his source not to reveal it yet, and in the interest of getting more leaks from the source, he's respecting their wishes. Maybe revealing it would "out" his source for some reason. Maybe he's waiting for confirmation about a detail and doesn't want to post something inaccurate. Maybe he's concerned that, with LEGO cracking down on leakers more and more, revealing too much too soon would expose him or his source, if the info has been selectively planted by LEGO.  In any event, there are many reasons not to share every detail with everyone, outweighing your seemingly insatiable need to know everything anyone else knows, as soon as they know it.

Regarding the secrecy attached to Star Wars information versus other themes: that starts with Disney/Lucasfilm. As Star Wars is a licensed theme, LEGO is under a lot more pressure to keep things under wraps than they are with a new modular, or the next wave of City sets, or whatever. LEGO caught a lot of cr@p from Disney over the Last Jedi leaks (which came before most of the designs had been revealed by Lucasfilm), and so there is more pressure up and down the food chain to ensure that doesn't happen again. That pressure trickles down, even all the way down to Joe and Mary Leaker revealing a set name here or a photo on Instagram or wherever. So don't equate Star Wars with other themes, even other licensed themes. They're different animals.

I understand that it can be frustrating to not have all the facts, and it's easy to see people withholding information as being on some kind of power/ego trip. But my experience with the more informed people here is generally the opposite. The fact is, there are always going to be people on this forum who know more than you do about this stuff. And beyond this forum, there are others that know even more. Just the fact that you're here means you know more than 99% of the people who buy LEGO. Can you not be content with that? Regardless of how much more or less I know than you or anyone else here, I am perfectly fine with others knowing more than me. I can accept that, because I'm an adult and I am patient. I do not feel the need to pressure other users into revealing their info, or berate them incessantly the fill in the gaps in my knowledge; I'd rather have a little info, than no info at all. 

That information will come when it comes, but it will come quicker if it's not met with the kind of reaction you and a few others seem intent on bringing, over and over, when it's not as complete as you would like. You are not the sole arbiter of what gets posted here; telling people not to share incomplete information isn't your call. You can whine and moan about how unfair or unhelpful it is and act like petulant children who want Christmas to come every day but all you're doing is discouraging those with actual info from sharing it on this forum. There is a reason people like Sir von LEGO, Azani, Tidy, and probably a dozen others have left this place. The only people being immature and ridiculous here are you. The only people bringing the toxicity are you. Keep it up; you're only hurting yourselves.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thank you. If you don't want to or aren't able to share your information, that's fine. Saying "I have information" but refusing to say anything about it and then getting frustrated when others inevitably ask questions and "taking your toys and going home" is ridiculous. "Something is coming at some point" is just useless information and doesn't help us in any way, not to mention can come off as "haha I don't know something you don't". It reminds me of the Marvel thread before the Endgame sets were revealed when leakers would count down to when they were going to reveal something, which got to the point where the mods cracked down on it, or when certain leakers here in the Star Wars thread would reveal information and then blank their post as if it were a game where you had to be quick to read it or you missed out.

Edited by BigGuy4U

Tidy was as arrogant as they come, I’ll shed no tears over him. Like I said, the purpose of this thread is to share information. Not tease it. Not hint at it vaguely. To share it and discuss it. It’s not childish at all to pursue intel on a discussion forum whose sole purpose is to pursue intel on lego leaks. It’s far more immature when people try to act like a big deal for a moment of internet fame. I’ve always valued your contributions to this thread and I respect you as a fellow user, but I think it’s ridiculous to defend that type of attitude

This is all very off topic though and I apologize for going on such a long rabbit trail with it. This is a place to share information. If you have info, share it or don’t, but it’s really crappy to just vaguely hint at info that you know others can’t have. This is a strong passion for a lot of people here, so of course we care, it’s a big deal to us. A little respect for that wouldn’t hurt is all I’m saying. Now I suppose we should get back to actual lego Star Wars discussion before the mods come down on us all

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Renown said:

Without wanting to escalate things and swiftly nip it in the bud here, I have to say, I think your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Your apparent sense of entitlement to be privy to the knowledge of others is quite palpable in all honesty. A shame really, because I get the impression jdubbs knows the score and understands the content of my initial post. If you look back through all my posts on this forum, you will not once see a bad word said about any other member or any indirect attacks at another poster, just attempts to make meaningful contributions and speculate as to what we may have to look forward to as a community. I think I'll stop visiting this forum as much as I do and cease my contributions until the toxicity here runs its course. 

I'll just leave you, in particular, with the following from George Orwell's 1984: 'ignorance is strength'. Not to worry, though. Give you enough rope and you'll soon hang yourself, as they say in my part of the world. 

Until next time. 

Wow. Just wow. This is borderline threatening, and I find it hilarious that you've gotten this worked up that people are mad that you won't share information you boast about having. If you have info but cant or wont share it, don't boast about it. That's it, there's no argument against that. It just sounds entitled when you post about knowing things we don't and not telling us what they are. So if you can't give us information, don't. Personally, I hope you leave if all you can contribute is that you know something, but refuse to tell us what it is. I apologize for making you ruin your record of not attacking other posters, directly or indirectly.

Have we seen the teal droid in any posters, merch, etc for ROTS or is the figure our first look at it?

My guess is that the real Droid belongs to a Resistance fighter of some kind. A random unnamed pilot with a random astromech 

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wow. Just wow. This is borderline threatening, and I find it hilarious that you've gotten this worked up that people are mad that you won't share information you boast about having. If you have info but cant or wont share it, don't boast about it. That's it, there's no argument against that. It just sounds entitled when you post about knowing things we don't and not telling us what they are. So if you can't give us information, don't. Personally, I hope you leave if all you can contribute is that you know something, but refuse to tell us what it is. I apologize for making you ruin your record of not attacking other posters, directly or indirectly.

I think that might be a little over the top. I’m not trying to tell anyone to screw off here, I just think it’s very counter productive to drop vague hints about information when this site is designed for sharing that sort of thing. I understand not being able to share images but information should be free. 

And if you have information that you absolutely cannot disclose else you risk losing trust with sources, but you are genuinely excited by the info and want to post something about it, then instead of dropping vague frustrating hints, just say something like “I have a piece of information that is very exciting, here is all I can say, here is why I can’t say more, but I want to share what I can because we’re all excited about this theme”. That would satisfy me. At least that shows that you arent trying to just keep intel for the sake of knowing something that others don’t. At least it leaves a friendly taste and can get us excited rather than frustrated. My point is, if you have to withhold information, there are ways of doing it without coming across as arrogant where we can still be a community of people who are all passionate about the same thing.

Sorry for the double post.

7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Saying "another minifig is coming" and nothing else ISNT information though. Its like... yeah obviously there are more minifigs. We're all fed up with this vague bullsh*t, if you have something to say, say it, otherwise dont be a dick about it. Having insider information doesnt make you some kind of god toying with the lives of us mere mortals. If you cant share what you know, then we dont give a crap that you know, and why should we?

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Saying "another minifig is coming" and nothing else ISNT information though. Its like... yeah obviously there are more minifigs. We're all fed up with this vague bullsh*t, if you have something to say, say it, otherwise dont be a dick about it. Having insider information doesnt make you some kind of god toying with the lives of us mere mortals. If you cant share what you know, then we dont give a crap that you know, and why should we?

This is generally what's known as "revisionist history". He didn't just say "another minifig is coming" and nothing else. He said it was female, different from the leaked characters we've gotten, that it should be leaking soon, and that it looked really good. That's at least three details — gender, timing, and quality — more than you had before his post. It's not a lot I admit, but it's something, and something is better than nothing. (You can debate the value of that information all you want. But again: it's not for you to tell people here not to share their info, opinions, etc. If you don't like hearing incomplete info, there are easy solutions: Don't read it. Ignore it. Block the guy. But please, please, please: stop chewing up pages and pages with self-entitled complaints about it.)

I don't know this Renown guy, have never interacted with him before today, so for all I know he's having a go at you all. I am inclined to believe him, though, since around the same time as his post, I was shown a pic of a new fig (female) that looked pretty good, and the past several times I've seen similar photos, they've shown up on Instagram within a day or two. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but if it's not, and Renown has other info he might have shared here, he's certainly read enough to know that this is the last place in the world he should share it. (Oh, and to head off the inevitable next twenty questions: No, I won't say more about the fig, in no small part because I know that answering one simple question leads to another and another and another, each asked with a greater sense of entitlement, and then the inevitable "can't you DM it to me" and "what's your source" and "prove you're not lying" and so on.)

I'll say this again, as plain as I can in hopes that maybe this time it sinks in: you guys really need to grow up. Three year-olds expect the people around them to cater to their demands, respond to their every whim, endlessly adapt to their needs and desires on a moment's notice. The real (adult) world does not operate this way. People share what they want to share when they want to share it; it won't always (or even, often) be to your liking. They have their reasons — reasons which aren't subject to your scrutiny or approval.  Balrog is now laying down the terms of discourse that would "satisfy" him.... uh, seriously? Did you read your own post? Shall those of us with actual info run it through your personal filter to ensure it meets your exacting standards, before posting? Perhaps you guys would like to form a committee to decide who gets to share info and who doesn't, and whether a post is substantive enough to be published? (It probably doesn't matter, since anyone with a lick of sense knows to turn around and head elsewhere, after reading the above dozen or so posts.)

This place used to be an actual resource for new information, provided by the insiders and leakers and data miners who frequented this forum. It has devolved into little more than an echo chamber for people to react to whatever showed up overnight on Instagram. It's just... sad.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My guess is that the real Droid belongs to a Resistance fighter of some kind. A random unnamed pilot with a random astromech 

I think that might be a little over the top. I’m not trying to tell anyone to screw off here, I just think it’s very counter productive to drop vague hints about information when this site is designed for sharing that sort of thing. I understand not being able to share images but information should be free. 

For the first, yes probably. I was just remembering all the merch and stuff about BB-3 and BB-4 where they're really just background characters. I just wanted to know if we knew this guy's name or anything else.

As for the second, I'm not attempting to make him leave, just responding to his statement here:

9 hours ago, Renown said:

I think I'll stop visiting this forum as much as I do and cease my contributions until the toxicity here runs its course. 

by saying that i personally will not miss his "contributions"

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

This is generally what's known as "revisionist history". He didn't just say "another minifig is coming" and nothing else. He said it was female, different from the leaked characters we've gotten, that it should be leaking soon, and that it looked really good. That's at least three details — gender, timing, and quality — more than you had before his post. It's not a lot I admit, but it's something, and something is better than nothing. (You can debate the value of that information all you want. But again: it's not for you to tell people here not to share their info, opinions, etc. If you don't like hearing incomplete info, there are easy solutions: Don't read it. Ignore it. Block the guy. But please, please, please: stop chewing up pages and pages with self-entitled complaints about it.)

I don't know this Renown guy, have never interacted with him before today, so for all I know he's having a go at you all. I am inclined to believe him, though, since around the same time as his post, I was shown a pic of a new fig (female) that looked pretty good, and the past several times I've seen similar photos, they've shown up on Instagram within a day or two. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but if it's not, and Renown has other info he might have shared here, he's certainly read enough to know that this is the last place in the world he should share it. (Oh, and to head off the inevitable next twenty questions: No, I won't say more about the fig, in no small part because I know that answering one simple question leads to another and another and another, each asked with a greater sense of entitlement, and then the inevitable "can't you DM it to me" and "what's your source" and "prove you're not lying" and so on.)

I'll say this again, as plain as I can in hopes that maybe this time it sinks in: you guys really need to grow up. Three year-olds expect the people around them to cater to their demands, respond to their every whim, endlessly adapt to their needs and desires on a moment's notice. The real (adult) world does not operate this way. People share what they want to share when they want to share it; it won't always (or even, often) be to your liking. They have their reasons — reasons which aren't subject to your scrutiny or approval.  Balrog is now laying down the terms of discourse that would "satisfy" him.... uh, seriously? Did you read your own post? Shall those of us with actual info run it through your personal filter to ensure it meets your exacting standards, before posting? Perhaps you guys would like to form a committee to decide who gets to share info and who doesn't, and whether a post is substantive enough to be published? (It probably doesn't matter, since anyone with a lick of sense knows to turn around and head elsewhere, after reading the above dozen or so posts.)

This place used to be an actual resource for new information, provided by the insiders and leakers and data miners who frequented this forum. It has devolved into little more than an echo chamber for people to react to whatever showed up overnight on Instagram. It's just... sad.

All I meant was it’s not that hard to provide enough to satisfy people’s curiosity by explaining why the information has to be withheld. That’s all. Not hard. It’s so simple. If someone has info that they can’t share but they want to say they have the info, then at least say there’s something exciting coming and explain why you can’t share it. It’s not too secret government intel. Stop acting like it is. Like I keep saying, the purpose of this site is to share information. It’s not too much to ask. It isn’t. That’s literally what this site is for. It shouldn’t shock you so much that people using this site are here for said information. And when someone says they have information, it shouldn’t shock you that people here want to hear it. And they should. That’s why all of us are here. You’re throwing a fit because people want to use this site the way it’s meant to be used. To share information. To me, that’s what’s sad here.

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

All I meant was it’s not that hard to provide enough to satisfy people’s curiosity by explaining why the information has to be withheld. That’s all. Not hard. It’s so simple. If someone has info that they can’t share but they want to say they have the info, then at least say there’s something exciting coming and explain why you can’t share it. It’s not too secret government intel. Stop acting like it is. Like I keep saying, the purpose of this site is to share information. It’s not too much to ask. It isn’t. That’s literally what this site is for. It shouldn’t shock you so much that people using this site are here for said information. And when someone says they have information, it shouldn’t shock you that people here want to hear it. And they should. That’s why all of us are here. You’re throwing a fit because people want to use this site the way it’s meant to be used. To share information. To me, that’s what’s sad here.

I'm not the one throwing a fit. Just trying to get those of you who are, to see things from a different point of view. 

11 hours ago, Renown said:

Until next time. 

I've had to say it before. I'll say it again. If you don't have something specific to share then don't post yet. What you have said is too vague. When you can share more, please come back.

To everyone else, this is out of hand. I can freeze the thread if needed.

So in other news (and back on topic)...

Rey just leaked. Looks like from the scene with the TIE at the beginning of TROS trailer. 

Its a nice figure overall that does a good job at capturing her appearance from the new film, but admittedly its also probably my least anticipated one from the new wave given how similar the design is to her previous costumes.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Its a nice figure overall that does a good job at capturing her appearance from the new film, but admittedly its also probably my least anticipated one from the new wave given how similar the design is to her previous costumes.

And she STILL has the same set of faceprints :snicker:

I love the torso and leg pritning, really detailed and looks great. The arms should be dual-molded or have printing, but I don't except these kind of details in Star Wars sets. The face really annoys me. Kylo Ren has four different faces (one is a mask), Finn has three, but the main character of the whole trilogy has only one mediocre face print!