Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

But honestly I’m surprised they abandoned the concept of Santa themed character in each calendar. Last one we got was Santa Vader in 2015 and then Snowy Chewie in 2016.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

But honestly I’m surprised they abandoned the concept of Santa themed character in each calendar. Last one we got was Santa Vader in 2015 and then Snowy Chewie in 2016.

So...Santa Porg is not good enough for you? You'll get coal this year and it won't be made from bricks.

43 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

So...Santa Porg is not good enough for you? You'll get coal this year and it won't be made from bricks.

Of course it’s not enough. If they made Santa Kylo or Palpatine then we could talk about greatness.

The new Advent Calendar is a significant improvement on the last couple of years; a decent range of minifigures and builds.

An exclusive Santa-themed minifigure would have taken it to another level, that said I'm actually impressed by the Porg!

Pryde's torso has leaked, more or less confirms him for the first wave of sets given the head that emerged not so long ago. My money would be on him being in Kylo's shuttle, 75256.

A suspected Mandalorian torso has also surfaced.

If the sets get as good as those torsos...the only thing to make the torsos better would be printed shoulder armour. I love the dark shiny one from the trailer footage, want that as minifig.

This is what Star Wars has come to, folks. Santa Porgs.

A toy of a creature designed to sell toys dressed as the mascot of a holiday designed to make you buy toys.

My brain can't repel irony of that magnitude!

Off topic, but that reminds me of a comment my sister made about the Toy Story Green Army Men on Patrol set from 2010...Lego toy representations of movie representations (designed to sell toys) of cheapo plastic representations of Army men, those cheapo plastic Army men in turn being descended from tin soldiers.  It was, she noted, an extremely "iterated" toy.

Edited by icm

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

If the sets get as good as those torsos...the only thing to make the torsos better would be printed shoulder armour. I love the dark shiny one from the trailer footage, want that as minifig.

TRAILER FOOTAGE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The new mando torso also looks good, is this another character or confirmation of multiple sets as they said his armor would change through the series?

Pryde's torso does it's job, nothing special

17 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Yes I was thinking this too. I am much more excited to buy the figures when we are having an exclusive Santa one than the rubbish we are seeing now. I am thinking this is the second time there was a Porg.

New Mando torso is good though not nearly as detailed as the first one. I have a sinking feeling that this new one is the one in the battlepack and the other comes in a more expensive set. Although any new mandalorian figs is a win for me so I'm not complaining too loudly.

Two new Knight of Ren minifigures have shown up on Instagram. One has a pretty cool new helmet similar to Kylo Ren's while the other reminds me of the Ringwraiths from LOTR but with a new hood piece. Both are different from the head that leaked earlier so there will be at least three different knights for the first wave. Hopefully we'll see all six.

The level of detail on these Knights of Ren is outstanding. Love new helmet piece and hood. Knowing LEGO you’d think they would use standard hood piece  for that minifig but nope new piece. This really raises my expectations for October sets!

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't see anything on Instagram. Where did you see those?

I can't find anything either

It was posted under the #legoleaks hashtag but it seems to have been removed now.

For those that missed it, the two minifigures were of the center Knight with his back turned and the one on the far right.
The second Knight on the left is the one with the head leak a week or so back.

latest?cb=20190523225549

Saw the new Knights of Ren figs as well, this morning, and I think they look really great.
That other Mandalorian torso that showed up looks promising as well.
Got a feeling we'll be getting some very good sets coming up, be it near Autumn of nearer the end of the year/early next year :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

I really like these new knights of ren figures, the new helmet amd hood are great. If the quality of these guys and the mando torsos matches the rest of the wave, then we're in good hands

Those look really good. And the leg printing seems to match up a lot better with the torso printing compare to previous figures.

Those figures look absolutely stunning!

Though I am wondering wether the left one is supposed to have no printing on his head or not