Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like the same mould as the other FO stormies to me :wink: Ironic how this got leaked on the same day as my "TLG getting better at preventing leaks" comment :laugh:

Still just a helmet, but two leaks in a pretty short time period, so it's not unlikely they keep on coming from now on

*oh2* Sith Trooper...Sith... This is big considering where the franchise was heading. Soo many questions. I like the build and I'm happy with the trend of these Bust builds. They're kinda cool.

I purchased the Baron Vonregs tie interceptor ,which came with Leia ,This Leia is dressed as the same Leia from the resistance troop transport for the force awakens set line up.I didn't care much about getting her again ,but she has a slightly younger looking face ,which I do like , it actually makes her look 10 younger than she should be at the time.

Vonregs helmet for a combat fighter pilot , I like much better than the first orders normal fighter pilots helmet.They created a very interesting character with him ,I believe they killed him off unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Still just a helmet, but two leaks in a pretty short time period, so it's not unlikely they keep on coming from now on

hopefully, I'd like to see this rusted AT-ST.

3 hours ago, Master Jedi said:

I purchased the Baron Vonregs tie interceptor ,which came with Leia ,This Leia is dressed as the same Leia from the resistance troop transport for the force awakens set line up.I didn't care much about getting her again ,but she has a slightly younger looking face ,which I do like , it actually makes her look 10 younger than she should be at the time.

Vonregs helmet for a combat fighter pilot , I like much better than the first orders normal fighter pilots helmet.They created a very interesting character with him ,I believe they killed him off unfortunately.

Spoiler

Yeah he's very dead. Didn't realize the resistance show had the heroes killing off villians, had to do a quick wookiepedia search bc I didn't remember but Kaz shot him down

EDIT: and now we've got a life-sized sith trooper bust going to SDCC. They're really leaning into this guy, I wonder how big of a role these troopers play in the movie. I don't think they're actually force-sensitive, but maybe they're only loyal to kylo or something.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I just watched the Star wars show and saw the the new Sith Trooper .At first glance ,I saw a red death Trooper ,To me very similar design/ angler elements to the helmet/amour  IF anyone here has read the Star wars novel - Phasma ,there is a Red Lead Trooper in the story who trains the the young troopers ,he was called the Cardinal and Wore Red Armour ,for those of you who haven't read the book I won't spoil ,what happens or becomes of the Cardinal.I can only guess if they function like death troopers.Looking forward to reading the next lot of books ,to see how, what happened since the Last Jedi ,with the structure of the first order.I do recommend Reading the Phasma book ,does give in sight to how things worked ,in-regards to  training of the troops ,and of course Phasma her self.I did notice in the resistance TV show a gold coloured Trooper ,but I haven't looked up who or what role that trooper played.Or was his Armour gold plated ,like some war lords like to do with there AK 47's or other weapons in our world.The colour change for lego Mini fig (id say 100% they will make it ) is a nice change from black and white.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have a strong feeling these Sith Troopers will have minimal screentime and mostly exist because of merchandise reasons :hmpf_bad:

Though the bust does look kinda cool

Yeah pretty much. They're the new Death Trooper/Praetorian Guard for Episode 9.

https://www.starwars.com/news/sith-trooper-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-sdcc-2019

Hasbo, Hot Toys, Funko Pops, hats, shirts, pins, mugs, backpacks, kids costumes, trading cards, bookmarks... you name it. Gotta sell that merchandise! :wink:

Btw has anyone noticed the little Star Wars logo in the down-right corner says ''early release edition"? I guess this will be available worldwide sometime later this year? 

7 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

*oh2* Sith Trooper...Sith... This is big considering where the franchise was heading. Soo many questions. I like the build and I'm happy with the trend of these Bust builds. They're kinda cool.

Exactly, the ‘Sith’ part is very interesting considering that Kylo isn’t a Sith and he specifically mentioned them in his list of things that should be left in the past :shrug_confused: 

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Btw has anyone noticed the little Star Wars logo in the down-right corner says ''early release edition"? I guess this will be available worldwide sometime later this year? 

Apparently, this just means that it’s the first merch for TROS, available long before Triple Force Friday...

I quite like the bust, I think it looks better than Vaders.  Hopefully these see some level of distribution even if its S@H...

20 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I quite like the bust, I think it looks better than Vaders.  Hopefully these see some level of distribution even if its S@H...

Very much disagree.  The poorly fitted nose ruins this for me.  Vader is much better.  I'm not interested in displaying this unfortunately.

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

20th Anniversary Obi Wan polybag has leaked. Possible gift with purchase with the upcoming UCS?

Possibly. I hope it's not a comic-con exclusive, but I don't think it is because it's in a bag as opposed to that blister packaging they use for marvel, stranger things, etc.

2 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

20th Anniversary Obi Wan polybag has leaked. Possible gift with purchase with the upcoming UCS?

Better not be.. can't buy a massive star destroyer (or whatever the current rumors are) just for yellow ben

25 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Better not be.. can't buy a massive star destroyer (or whatever the current rumors are) just for yellow ben

Yeah, it's pretty unlikely they would attach such a small item to a set that expensive, especially considering they won't sell nearly as many Star Destroyers as they would make of the polybag. It's more likely to be a GWP of $50-60 for Triple Force Friday or the week/end that the Star Destroyer is released. 

1 hour ago, danielwerner said:

I hope we get Admiral Ozzel and maybe a new Piett as minifigs for the new ISD. :)

If it is an isd, remember there's no confimation

6 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

The bust doesn't do all that much for me, but I love the packaging! :wub:

unfortunately, the packaging is all that's exclusive. I'm glad they're doing these busts though, imagine if they had an SDCC exclusive saw guerrera.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know if this information is out or not, but does anyone know how many pieces the new Ep9 Falcon has?

1350 pieces. Its higher than the 2015 Force Awakens model (1329 pieces) but less than the 2018 Solo version (1414 pieces)

Im guessing the obiwan polybag might be included with the new lego star wars game like finn was with tfa

2 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Im guessing the obiwan polybag might be included with the new lego star wars game like finn was with tfa

Except the game is released in 2020, so the polybag floating around this early wouldn’t make much sense :wink: It’s probably a regular polybag like the other three anniversary-themed ones that have appeared so far

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Except the game is released in 2020, so the polybag floating around this early wouldn’t make much sense :wink: It’s probably a regular polybag like the other three anniversary-themed ones that have appeared so far

I don't think lego still does star wars minifigure polybags availible for retail sale, the last one I remember was a first order general in early 2016 at toysrus (RIP), I think if they have them just for retail sale it violates that stupid action figure liscensing thing. But who knows, maybe the stand makes it able to be for retail sale.

The new Sith Trooper armour looks awesome. And if you have a close look at the leaked helmet, it looks like they printed the "carving" of the original on it.

We have a new leak: the head of one of the Knights of Ren :excited: I'm quite surprised we're getting even one of them in the first wave...