Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Seeing the training droid gives me hope that they'll reuse the new OT Rebel Pilot helmet moulded fully grey for the training helmet, so it an be used on other figures. Otherwise what's the point of making that complicated new mould,

6 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Im waiting for one with correct new front window which would be at least 2 brick high.

The hat mold already exists since the scarecrow minifig from CMF, they just need to do it in white and print the goggles on. SO LAME.

That would have been nice to give SOME effort to these, both very skippable. 

Of course, we seem to get these more and more often so who knows? 

And to anyone justifying this by saying it's a popular hero vehicle, if lego made a midi-ish scale falcon, x-wing, etc that could fit a figure, it would sell much better than a landspeeder with no weapons or play features for children, which is their target audiance with this, so :shrug_confused:

But hey, at least kids can have luke shoot at tuskens and artoo get ambushed by jawas....if they buy the other set too.

57 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

He'll be in the 2023 version.

I guess Ben's hut is at least something new, even if the minifig selection is uninspiring.

Shame neither set included a molded Bantha which would have been awesome. 

He'll be in the 2020 summer wave lol, by 2023 we'll have microfighter landspeeder, ucs landspeeder, and post-snap landspeeder.

11 hours ago, Tidy said:

there are 99.99% mando sets coming. =]]

Yay.

Rebelscum has the pics in higher resolution. Didn't notice before that the Tusken Raider is a new variant rather than a repeat figure while R2's head print has been slightly updated.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would have been nice to give SOME effort to these, both very skippable. 

And to anyone justifying this by saying it's a popular hero vehicle, if lego made a midi-ish scale falcon, x-wing, etc that could fit a figure, it would sell much better than a landspeeder with no weapons or play features for children, which is their target audiance with this, so :shrug_confused:

I dunno, looks like they put a lot of effort into the landspeeder.  The form factor is exactly the same as the previous model, so it looks pretty much the same at first glance, but it actually looks like it's built completely differently than the previous model, especially from the passenger section back.  There's certainly a lot more change between this landspeeder and the previous model than between the last two snowspeeder releases.

Want a midi-ish scale X-wing and TIE fighter?  Go buy the Juniors kits.  Then get back to me with sales figures - the great numbers in the sky that only a privileged (?) few know, and they're not telling.

Why are people complaining about Landspeeder not being worthy the $30 price? You should all be complaining about the Hut's price more, it's $30 for 200 pieces (ppp - 15c), and Landspeeder's is $30 for 236 pieces (ppp - 12.7c).

They're both not worth the price.

Bens hut looks a little empty to me.. If you compare it to ach to training or even yodas hut then it should be at least €5 cheaper especially when there are no New characters.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why are people complaining about Landspeeder not being worthy the $30 price? You should all be complaining about the Hut's price more, it's $30 for 200 pieces (ppp - 15c), and Landspeeder's is $30 for 236 pieces (ppp - 12.7c).

Stop counting start cradling the pieces. 

6 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Shame about the front printing on the Landspeeder. The texture added by the hoses used in previous versions made the set so much better.

Ben's homestead is awesome. Always good to see TLG making sets that aren't remakes.

Its not even printing, they're just stickers (which is the worst they could've done)

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They're both overpriced, if you'd ask me almost all Star Wars sets are

8 hours ago, wesker said:

Rebelscum has the pics in higher resolution. Didn't notice before that the Tusken Raider is a new variant rather than a repeat figure while R2's head print has been slightly updated.

Thanks for the tip!
Obi-Wan has a new torso as well, so that's a nice addition :thumbup:
Nice to see the Tusken Raider is updated as well, though the previous variant wasn't bad either, in my opinion.
I can't spot any difference on R2, but that's just because I don't pay that much attention to detail :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, wesker said:

R2's head print has been slightly updated.

15 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I can't spot any difference on R2, but that's just because I don't pay that much attention to detail :tongue:

I didn't notice anything immediately and on looking at the current R2 and the one in the pics I can't see any difference either. @wesker What are we missing?

The changes are pretty minor. The design of the blue plating and size of the "scope eye" were updated on the Dagobah figure, but the standard R2-D2  was still using the old head up until now. The 2020 version has tweaked the printing to match the Dagobah proportions.

sw0908.pngsw0527a.png

I do like the new cloth piece for Luke, the hologram piece and the training droid.

The back half of the speeder looks good. 

Ben's hut doesn't have the same appeal to me as Yoda's Hut and Ahch-To Training. But I do like that it is a new set, at first I thought cantina-something due to the colors...

Since my interest in SW these days is mostly about getting new minifigures I'm not sure I'll pick these up.

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Wait, they updated R2-D2? impossible. :snicker:

9 hours ago, icm said:

I dunno, looks like they put a lot of effort into the landspeeder.  The form factor is exactly the same as the previous model, so it looks pretty much the same at first glance, but it actually looks like it's built completely differently than the previous model, especially from the passenger section back.  There's certainly a lot more change between this landspeeder and the previous model than between the last two snowspeeder releases.

Want a midi-ish scale X-wing and TIE fighter?  Go buy the Juniors kits.  Then get back to me with sales figures - the great numbers in the sky that only a privileged (?) few know, and they're not telling.

I feel like it ends up being a similar build in the end, and while I appreciate them changing the engines to be more brick-built, the front is so much worse than the 2014,2017 versions.

I'm just saying that if they made (non-juniors, actually good) $30-40 x-wign and tie fighter sets, almost all children would rather have luke's x-wing than his landspeeder.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Niether are worth the price, this'll be the first $25-30 small location set I pass on

Edited by Mandalorianknight

And a 2020 thread is now available. Please keep all further discussion about 2020 sets in that thread. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

When I first opened the article I thought both the landspeeder and hut came together for 30$. :cry3:

That would've been great

On 7/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Seeing the training droid gives me hope that they'll reuse the new OT Rebel Pilot helmet moulded fully grey for the training helmet, so it an be used on other figures. Otherwise what's the point of making that complicated new mould,

Please no. That helmet is far too oversized for a minifigure. 

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yes, but it's much more accurate to the training helmet than an x-wing helmet with the visor printed randomly in the middle of his face.

Personally I thik the new X-wing helmet is much more movie accurate size-wise (even though it kinda looks weird on a Lego minifigure).

43 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Yes, but it's much more accurate to the training helmet than an x-wing helmet with the visor printed randomly in the middle of his face.

Personally I thik the new X-wing helmet is much more movie accurate size-wise (even though it kinda looks weird on a Lego minifigure).

I honestly love the new helmet, I think it looks great, same with the Stormtroopers. I don’t get the hate.

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I honestly love the new helmet, I think it looks great, same with the Stormtroopers. I don’t get the hate.

It's probbly because of how long the helmets were in circulation. Nostalgia and all.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I agree, it's hideous

39 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the rebel pilot helmet it disproportionate and oversized, but I think with the stormtrooper helmet it does look better, especially with the duel molding.

11 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

It's probbly because of how long the helmets were in circulation. Nostalgia and all.

Nah the helmet just looks super disproportionate

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the rebel pilot helmet it disproportionate and oversized

Tbh, so is the actual helmet from the film. It's Waay bigger than Luke's head. So I think the new one is more accurate to the film (even if it looks a bit jarring)

37 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Tbh, so is the actual helmet from the film. It's Waay bigger than Luke's head. So I think the new one is more accurate to the film (even if it looks a bit jarring)

Exactly

I think the new pilot helmet is incredibly ugly, but more accurate. Would rather have the old ones though. The stormtrooper ones are nice. Especially that new Scout Trooper.

10 hours ago, Chromide said:

I think the new pilot helmet is incredibly ugly, but more accurate. Would rather have the old ones though. The stormtrooper ones are nice. Especially that new Scout Trooper.

I love the Scout Trooper helmet but I don’t have it yet. Those shooter game sets were incredibly overpriced, not worth it at all. I’ll have to get some Scout Troopers elsewhere, hopefully they make more Endor sets