Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Leaked 2020 list:

75263 Ferry Microfighter (AT Hauler?)

75264 Oslo Tram Microfighter (Conveyex)

75265 Bantha Skyhopper Microfighter

75266 Bruges Battlepack (RoTS)

75267 Project Huckleberry (Mandalorian)

75268 Juniors Snowspeeder

75269 Obi Wan vs. Anakin (Mustafar?)

75270 Obi Wan's Hut

75271 Landspeeder (No idea who)

Wait is the Bruges battle pack from rise of skywalker or revenge of the sith?

Just now, blujay563 said:

Wait is the Bruges battle pack from rise of skywalker or revenge of the sith?

episode 9 ... rise ...

@THELEGOBATMAN has a typo in 'his' list ...

also ferry and oslo ARE NOT what is listed ... 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

At least this increases the chances of a mandalorian set, I guess.

there are 99.99% mando sets coming. =]]

The Landspeeder is a pass. Poncho Luke is cool but not enough to buy another version of the set and the overall build looks too long and stretched to me. It also feels like a missed opportunity to include something new and different like Beru, Garindan or a molded Bantha. Instead its just more of the same.

I really like Obi-Wan's hut though. Its a scene that hasn't been done before and more Tatooine architecture is always welcome.

I only own a very small amount of Star Wars sets so these are pretty neat. I will definetely buy Obi-Wan's Hut, really like it. The Landspeeder is fine and the minifigures are pretty decent, but it's totally not worth 30$! The last one had 1 figure more and was 10$ cheaper

59 minutes ago, Tidy said:

episode 9 ... rise ...

@THELEGOBATMAN has a typo in 'his' list ...

also ferry and oslo ARE NOT what is listed ... 

there are 99.99% mando sets coming. =]]

We all know it's not my list, didn't change anything but the battle pack info. Heard that two microfighters might be RoTS themed.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We all know it's not my list, didn't change anything but the battle pack info. Heard that two microfighters might be RoTS themed.

hence the quotes around his ... it's not might now, they are ...

the battle pack info is where you have a typo though ... it isn't RoTS ... the rise of skywalker ... ;-]

Wow, nice news!
Great to see Ben's Hut. The interior is somewhat cramped and not very interesting, but all in all it seems like a good set, what with the Leia hologram and the training droid.
Hopefully Ben has a new torso, since he isn't wearing his cloak in this version. And, it has a Tusken Raider, which I don't have yet, so yay!

I don't really get the landspeeder, but oh well. The poncho does look fun, but other than that it has nothing of interest for me. Well, maybe the Jawa, of which I don't own any yet either. 
Also, it's two Luke's in one line/range, also somewhat overkill in my opinion.

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

30 minutes ago, Tidy said:

hence the quotes around his ... it's not might now, they are ...

the battle pack info is where you have a typo though ... it isn't RoTS ... the rise of skywalker ... ;-]

Don't know why, but I totally thought it was "Rise of The Skywalker" today :grin:

that would certainly explain it ... lol ...

it's too close to ep 3 ... it's easier for my brain to use the numbers and not try to make an acronym out of it, which seems to be the MO these days ... [reminds me of the army, if there isn't an acronym, make one.]

That’s a really nice set. It’s akways cool to see material that hasn’t been covered before. The Leia Hologram piece is neat. I probably would’ve preferred a Bantha over another Landspeeder. Also like the Blue Milk included.

10 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

How can they possibly justify bumping up the price by $10?

By removing one minifigure and adding some sandy rock formation.

I'm not exactly blown away by these, but at least there are some new parts to be found and it's nice to finally get a representation of a very memorable scene from ANH :purrr:

BTW, doesn't this warrant a 2020 thread? These are officially our first confirmed 2020 sets, so... :moar:

75270 Obi-Wan’s Hut | 200 pieces | Age 7+ | 29.99 (USD) | Available January 1st, 2020

Your young Jedi will love this detailed LEGO® Star Wars™ 75270 Obi-Wan’s Hut model. The hut folds out for easy access and there are lots of cool items to spark kids’ creativity, including Lightsabers, a training remote and a new-for-January 2020 Princess Leia hologram element to recreate classicStar Wars: A New Hope scenes. The set includes iconic Star Wars characters Obi-Wan, Luke Skywalker and R2-D2, plus a Tusken Raider for role-play battles.

75271 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder | 236 pieces | Age 7+ | 29.99 (USD) | Available January 1st, 2020

Young Jedi will love pretending to power across the Tatooine desert with this new-for-January-2020, collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ 75271 Luke Skywalker’s X-34 Landspeeder model! More detailed than ever before, there’s space for the Luke and C-3PO minifigures, an opening trunk with macrobinoculars inside, and a clip for Luke’s blaster rifle to inspire creative play. And kids can reimagine Star Wars: A New Hope movie action with the buildable cave hideout for an armed Jawa minifigure.

These are from Brothers Brick.

Well these sets suck. Another Landseer just 3 years  after the last one, and not that much of an improvement. Luke in poncho is going to sell this set. Obi-wans  hut is pathetic, at first glance I thought it was another Cantina. Ben looks very bad and no leg print in 2020? Seriously Lego? The rest of minifigures are ok. Hope the rest of January sets especially Mustafar duel are better than this.

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

no leg print in 2020? Seriously Lego?

I'm starting to wonder if you've ever seen a Super Heroes set

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Two different lines. SW is top selling theme unlike Superheroes.

4 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

One day LEGO will make a proper landspeeder, one day...

Im waiting for one with correct new front window which would be at least 2 brick high.

5 hours ago, Tohst said:

I'd be tempted by Poncho Luke if he was also Floppy Hat Luke.

-Tohst 

The hat mold already exists since the scarecrow minifig from CMF, they just need to do it in white and print the goggles on. SO LAME.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Two different lines. SW is top selling theme unlike Superheroes.

Well, that's true

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hey at least Super Heroes get dual molding sometimes...

I like the look of the landspeeder but $30!?! No way. That's a $20 set max. Also, I'm surprised it doesn't include R2 considering the rocky outcropping kinda looks like the spot where he was ambushed by Jawas.

Shame about the front printing on the Landspeeder. The texture added by the hoses used in previous versions made the set so much better.

Ben's homestead is awesome. Always good to see TLG making sets that aren't remakes.

10 hours ago, Tohst said:

I'd be tempted by Poncho Luke if he was also Floppy Hat Luke.

He'll be in the 2023 version.

I guess Ben's hut is at least something new, even if the minifig selection is uninspiring.

Shame neither set included a molded Bantha which would have been awesome. 

Another land speeder. Yippee! I'm not too surprised. Lego remakes SW sets over and over again every few years. I guess it shows the popularity of Star Wars toys that unlike any other licence theme almost every single vehicle has to have a new version every so often. Skip, skip, skip.

But hey what have we here? I like Ben Kenobi's hut. These Jedi huts we have gotten including Luke's, and Yoda's always look great too me. I like all the important details they have managed to squeeze in. And hey $30 is not a bad price. Seeing this makes me want a Lars Homestead even more though.