Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You sneaky ninja! I was just about to link it :laugh_hard:

Really looking forward to the speederbike, hoping it will include the new Poe and Finn figures!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You sneaky ninja! I was just about to link it :laugh_hard:

Hey, you at least helped bump it to the next page just by quoting me! :thumbup: :wink:

By the way, what's Kylo's Starship supposed to be? A redux of his shuttle from 2015's TFA? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, you at least helped bump it to the next page just by quoting me! :thumbup: :wink:

By the way, what's Kylo's Starship supposed to be? A redux of his shuttle from 2015's TFA? :shrug_confused:

Galaxy's Edge has some kind of different version to his TFA shuttle, maybe it's that ship? Haven't really been keeping up with SW lately

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:
6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Galaxy's Edge has some kind of different version to his TFA shuttle, maybe it's that ship? Haven't really been keeping up with SW lately

Hmmm, perhaps it's quite simply a more color-accurate Black & Red redux of that shuttle:

latest?cb=20161109013933

The sets sound interesting. That's a suspiciously low price for an A-Wing, compared to both the last one and this year's Juniors - ah, 4+ A-Wing. I also want to see both Kylo Ren's Shuttle and the Falcon, and the turret/battle pack might be neat. 

Speaking of Battle Packs, I still can't find the 20th Anniversary Imperial Dropship anywhere in Australia. Does anyone know where to find it or why I can't?

Maybe the 'Defense Turret' is related to the turret at the entrance of the attraction 'Rise of the Resistance' in Galaxy's Edge? There was some kind of foresty environment in the set photo's from the SWC Episode 9 panel, maybe the planet Batuu will appear in Episode 9 so it could be that turret.

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The sets sound interesting. That's a suspiciously low price for an A-Wing, compared to both the last one and this year's Juniors - ah, 4+ A-Wing. I also want to see both Kylo Ren's Shuttle and the Falcon, and the turret/battle pack might be neat. 

Speaking of Battle Packs, I still can't find the 20th Anniversary Imperial Dropship anywhere in Australia. Does anyone know where to find it or why I can't?

Toyworlds had them previously.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What about the new TIE Fighter variant he appears to pilot in the trailer? :classic:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

What about the new TIE Fighter variant he appears to pilot in the trailer? :classic:

Isn't that just the TIE Silencer from TLJ?

2 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Maybe the 'Defense Turret' is related to the turret at the entrance of the attraction 'Rise of the Resistance' in Galaxy's Edge? There was some kind of foresty environment in the set photo's from the SWC Episode 9 panel, maybe the planet Batuu will appear in Episode 9 so it could be that turret.

That would be pretty cool. I really like the architecture of Galaxy's Edge (at least as far as I've seen on YT video's), it would be pretty cool to get some of those buildings as sets

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Isn't that just the TIE Silencer from TLJ?

Nope, the color scheme is completely different and the shape of the cockpit also doesn't match up :wink:

Edit: Speaking of color scheme: the white panels and the red, rounded cockpit could suggest that this is actually the FO counterpart to the Imperial TIE Interceptor, in which case I just blew a Death Star - sized hole in my own argument since they wouldn't sell a regular FO TIE Interceptor as "Kylo Ren's Spaceship", even as a preliminary or code name :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Thank you everyone for the news! :classic:

So apart from the rumored UCS ISD (in which I'm for sure not interested) it seems as if the winter-spring wave had been all for OT for this year?! If so, this would be a very poor 20th anniversary of LSW! :thumbdown:

TLG at least should have redesigned a TIE Bomber or TIE Interceptor in black-grey and should have given us Luke's Homestead! :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you everyone for the news! :classic:

So apart from the rumored UCS ISD (in which I'm for sure not interested) it seems as if the winter-spring wave had been all for OT for this year?! If so, this would be a very poor 20th anniversary of LSW! :thumbdown:

TLG at least should have redesigned a TIE Bomber or TIE Interceptor in black-grey and should have given us Luke's Homestead! :cry_sad:

Luke's Homestead would be great. My favorite thing about LEGO Star Wars are the location based sets so that would fit in perfectly (don't get me wrong I love the vehicles in Star Wars but the lego versions just don't really appeal to me, mostly because of the price)

15 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The sets sound interesting. That's a suspiciously low price for an A-Wing, compared to both the last one and this year's Juniors - ah, 4+ A-Wing.

Well the resistance A wing is more angular and thin.

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, perhaps it's quite simply a more color-accurate Black & Red redux of that shuttle:

Either make sense, we've also been hearing about a new ship kylo has in IX, some white and red thing. Really we don't know much, but I'm hoping for an accurate TFA shuttle.

12 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Might be. It'd be a nice move for lucasfilm to connect this stuff, they'd have higher chances of people buying them at galaxy's edge. As is, defense turret is the only one I know i'll buy. If the (brown) at-st is rusted and worn down, hence the brownish colour, I'll buy it, maybe speeder bike and landspeeder too.

17 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Still a Toyworld and S@H exclusive as far as I know. Same goes for the ATRT. I saw someone on a Facebook group say that the dropship was in K-Mart’s computer system a few months back, but take that with a grain of salt. If it doesn’t turn up in other stores after the end of financial year sales I reckon I’m going to cave and buy it from S@H. Such a shame because a battle pack isn’t worth $35 but I do want the new trooper helmets and I don’t want to buy the Death Star vignette set.

I do think the sets will turn up elsewhere though. The resistance sets were only at Toyworld to start off with but I’ve since seen them on the Toys r Us website and I’m pretty sure David Jones has them too. Last year the train set from Harry Potter started as a Toyworld exclusive but has since been made available everywhere. Only time will tell though.

I hope in future LEGO does not parter with Toyworld for more retailer exclusives, they never have sales and their shelves are constantly filled with old stock at full price. My local Toyworld still has sets from 2016 at full MSRP.

19 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I got a Toyworld catalog (see https://www.toyworld.com.au/latest-catalogue) the other day which had them listed on the front page as a "Limited Release". Of course my local Toyworld doesn't have any and hasn't for ages and postage from the Sydney warehouse to Canberra is $19! 

This is boneheaded by TLG. If they ever get that and the Clone Walker in stock simultaneously again at S@H I guess I'll reluctantly pull the trigger as even paying postage for an order <$149 with the current exchange rate it will still be cheaper than buying from an OS retailer like Barnes & Noble especially if I spend a few VIP points.

Edited by TeufelHund

19 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

I got a Toyworld catalog (see https://www.toyworld.com.au/latest-catalogue) the other day which had them listed on the front page as a "Limited Release". Of course my local Toyworld doesn't have any and hasn't for ages and postage from the Sydney warehouse to Canberra is $19! 

This is boneheaded by TLG. If they ever get that and the Clone Walker in stock simultaneously again at S@H I guess I'll reluctantly pull the trigger as even paying postage for an order <$149 with the current exchange rate it will still be cheaper than buying from an OS retailer like Barnes & Noble especially if I spend a few VIP points.

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Ugh, there we have it. I don’t know whether to hate TLG for this or admire them for trapping us collectors once again. 

I looked on Bricklink a couple of days ago and noticed a couple of reasonable-looking prices from overseas. I was hoping to find the Dropship on sale somewhere because EOFY, but look on Bricklink before you pull the trigger on S@H.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:04 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I looked on Bricklink a couple of days ago and noticed a couple of reasonable-looking prices from overseas. I was hoping to find the Dropship on sale somewhere because EOFY, but look on Bricklink before you pull the trigger on S@H.

I doubt bricklink is the way to go for a set as small as this one. Shipping would probably cost an arm and a leg, while buying from S@H will get VIP points. I also have $60 of credit that I’ve been keeping so if I decide to I can pick it up for free. 

On 6/16/2019 at 3:05 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Edit: Speaking of color scheme: the white panels and the red, rounded cockpit could suggest that this is actually the FO counterpart to the Imperial TIE Interceptor, in which case I just blew a Death Star - sized hole in my own argument since they wouldn't sell a regular FO TIE Interceptor as "Kylo Ren's Spaceship", even as a preliminary or code name :grin:

Yes, for the price it must be another thing. The FO Tie Interceptor should have a price similar to Kylo Ren Tie Fighter I guess

13 hours ago, dvogon said:

Yes, for the price it must be another thing. The FO Tie Interceptor should have a price similar to Kylo Ren Tie Fighter I guess

what's this interceptor rumor? That wasn't in the list, was it? I thought the only FO ships we were getting were the bomber and some form of shuttle for kylo.

14 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I doubt bricklink is the way to go for a set as small as this one. Shipping would probably cost an arm and a leg, while buying from S@H will get VIP points. I also have $60 of credit that I’ve been keeping so if I decide to I can pick it up for free. 

I didn't grasp how bad intercontinential shipping was until I tried to ship a diagon alley to New Zealand and it was $57

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

what's this interceptor rumor? That wasn't in the list, was it? I thought the only FO ships we were getting were the bomber and some form of shuttle for kylo.

I didn't grasp how bad intercontinential shipping was until I tried to ship a diagon alley to New Zealand and it was $57

?

10 hours ago, Renown said:

?

My mistake, got confused with some old rumors that were there before the sets list came out, and proven untrue then. Kylo ren's starship is the only one we're getting, which I assume is his shuttle or something new.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 6/16/2019 at 1:09 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I think it might be the ship showcased at Galaxy's Edge ...it kinda looks like a hybrid of the TFA shuttle and his TLJ Tie:

3a7b1b8812.jpeg