Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

You can spot Poe Dameron in his EP9 outfit in this new Skywalker Saga news video from GameUnboxingReviews! It's at 5:10 on the far right

14 hours ago, Tidy said:

they may just be pieces, but c'mon, who ever thought before to make a gonk that looked like a present before ?!?? that's just brilliant ...

i will admit that the decline in number of figures over the years is disappointing to me as an afol, but my kids prefer the mini builds to the figs [good for me!] ... an afol minifig only advent calendar that could double as a cmf, oh man, that would rock ... 

i am looking forward to old man but not much else unfortunately ...

I do like present gonk and he and santa porg are probably the only minibuilds I won't break down for parts, but I don't think he should count as a figure. Right now I'm planning to keep old man luke and cloud car pilot intact, as I don't have cloud city. I'm going to use the rebel trooper's face with captain america's 2019 helmet design, and I guess put the trooper and wookie into my armies. Aside from that, the minibuild parts seem nice. A minifig only advant calander would be great idea, and they could probably make for the current $40 cost if you look at the city people packs that have all that and minibuilds. I think it would definitely appeal to kids too, as most children I know only want the minifigures of a set half the time.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You can spot Poe Dameron in his EP9 outfit in this new Skywalker Saga news video from GameUnboxingReviews! It's at 5:10 on the far right

I wish they had a better image in the video, but I guess we have our first potential look at an episode 9 minifigure. Between him and D-O appearing it seems that this game might be providing a lot of looks at upcoming builds/figures. Someone mentioned that bantha earlier, but the SSD in one screenshot looks to be fully rendered as an actual lego build as well, unlike some ships in previous games. 100% not trying to start rumors, but could this be the star destroyer rumored to be coming out later this year? it definitely seems big enough for the $699 price tag attached to it's rumored spot.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s interesting how the catalogues differ between countries... Some versions of the latest one one advertise Triple Force Friday with a tiny announcement on one of the pages while others dedicate a whole page to it :wacko: Of course it‘s the same amount of information in both cases, but the latter is at least more interesting to look at. The motive is a LEGO-fied version of the new TROS merch boxart with Kylo (though the render lacks the red cracks for some reason).

Where can I find those catalogs? I've been looking for them, but I still haven't found them.

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where can I find those catalogs? I've been looking for them, but I still haven't found them.

they’re on lego’s server. promobricks has links. 

UPDATE:

lego yanked the catalogs ... lol ...

Edited by Tidy

Anyone notice how slightly different Kylo Ren's shuttle looks? Kinda cool and I reckon that may be the one being released this October 

3 hours ago, namioik said:

Anyone notice how slightly different Kylo Ren's shuttle looks? Kinda cool and I reckon that may be the one being released this October 

where did you find this?

8 hours ago, namioik said:

What Kylo's Shuttle are you talking about?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well...it's not a bad minifigure, it just needs dual-molded arms and legs, plus a belt printed on the torso. 7/10.

Agreed on the arms and legs, though the torso's not half-bad! :thumbup: Kinda vaguely reminds me of Rick O'Connell's outfit from The Mummy:

latest?cb=20110510012738

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

that is a TIE echelon ... created specifically for galaxy's edge ... and not for ep 9 at all ...

Aww shucks

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Here's a better look at the new version of Poe:

I like this design, the figure looks pretty good. Anyone else notice Anakin's dual-molded legs, with the brown boots? Maybe this could be in that "Obi-wan Vs anakin" set that is apparently rumored for january 2020 now.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

that is a TIE echelon ... created specifically for galaxy's edge ... and not for ep 9 at all ...

those video game renders are not necessarily minifigs, don't get your hopes up ... 

Agreed, that's a very different ship.

In the past games, if the figure has come in the costume the game wants to render, the designers just go with that. Usually the digital-only designs are just characters/costumes that weren't being made/never in production at the time.

So a nien numb or galen erso figure wouldn't really be a hint, but I think this Poe is at least giving us an idea of what the physical figure will look like.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Someone on the lego subreddit posted a topic about a LEGO Store employee mentioning that the next UCS will cost 699$, since they have a placeholder listing for such upcoming set.

Take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Someone on the lego subreddit posted a topic about a LEGO Store employee mentioning that the next UCS will cost 699$, since they have a placeholder listing for such upcoming set.

hmmmm, i've been saying that for months now ... 

4 hours ago, Terrasher said:

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

hmmmm, i've been saying that for months now ... 

Damn $699! I thought it was $499. The wife is not going to be happy!

Almost the price of the falcon then.

I thought it would be a little cheaper but let’s wait and see the price here in Belgium ? ( and the pieces count)

Anyway, building any moc of it, like the wonderful one from onecase, would cost even more..

If they continue the trend of including figs for the display, who would make sense to include in an ISD?

Wasn’t expecting it to be this pricey but I’m eager to see an updated version. Build techniques have improved so much, as has the parts selection, so it should be a great piece.

Imperial Officers would be the best guess. But's that's all it would be. If I was going to be an utter smart big behind I'd include at least the two officers that accompanied Vader (Praji and Jir) onto the Tantive IV. That way you can have a couple of nice exclusives that work as standalone figures while also tying them in to the Tantive Set. That being said, the black uniformed Imperial on the latest DS set has the same uniform as Daine Jir already.

I want to be clear... that's not me saying 'I hope they do it', or 'I wish that's what they do'. But at the moment we have no idea if the set is real never mind the figures that may be included.

Edited by Robianco

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

If they continue the trend of including figs for the display, who would make sense to include in an ISD?

Wasn’t expecting it to be this pricey but I’m eager to see an updated version. Build techniques have improved so much, as has the parts selection, so it should be a great piece.

Yeah, the price makes it an instant no for me, I'll wait for a UCS at-at if I'm going to be spending that much on a single set.

37 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Imperial Officers would be the best guess. But's that's all it would be. If I was going to be an utter smart big behind I'd include at least the two officers that accompanied Vader (Praji and Jir) onto the Tantive IV. That way you can have a couple of nice exclusives that work as standalone figures while also tying them in to the Tantive Set. That being said, the black uniformed Imperial on the latest DS set has the same uniform as Daine Jir already.

I want to be clear... that's not me saying 'I hope they do it', or 'I wish that's what they do'. But at the moment we have no idea if the set is real never mind the figures that may be included.

Imperial officers, navy troopers, probably stormtroopers and vader. Maybe a palpatine figure or hologram. I don't think we'd neccessarily get Praji and Jir, they're pretty obscure, maybe just "imperial officers" with praji and jir faceprints. Then again, we did get toyan farr, so I guess anyone's on the table. But overall, I'd suggest looking to previous star destroyers and the figures they come with to get an idea, as that's what we'll probably get. 

23 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe this could be in that "Obi-wan Vs anakin" set that is apparently rumored for january 2020 now.

I only visit this topic (and for that matter, this subforum as a whole) about once in a blue moon so to speak, just to check if there's any Rise of Skywalker set rumors/news when I'm curious about such on occasion. I just have to ask, do playset rumors for this theme typically surface this early on?! I mean, most other themes have product rumors for the next year arrive in August of the preceding year at the earliest... :distressed:

26 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I only visit this topic (and for that matter, this subforum as a whole) about once in a blue moon so to speak, just to check if there's any Rise of Skywalker set rumors/news when I'm curious about such on occasion. I just have to ask, do playset rumors for this theme typically surface this early on?! I mean, most other themes have product rumors for the next year arrive in August of the preceding year at the earliest... :distressed:

The January set list (and even the October list) did leak very early, yes. But that was partly because a certain YouTuber ignored warnings that publishing the info so early would jeopardize future leaks. I think in past years advance info like that has been kept under wraps longer by those in the know.

It's worth noting that sometimes conventional wisdom about future sets is just plain wrong... the recently-announced Jurassic Park/World D2C being a very good example of expectations falling far afield of what is actually on tap. "Group think" at work...

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It has. As with most leaks, not just for lego, leaks can happen more/less often depending on how strict the company is, or if there's an insider. To use marvel as an example, no one knew infinity war's ending until about when it came out, but inside leakers like "roger wardell" (twitter account I assume is a pseudonym) accurately leaked endgame the december before it was released, and now people have major plot details on marvel films as far off as 2021. So it can change alot, like sir von lego suddenly going silent on leaks a while back after the torrent/resistance transport rumors has undoubtedly made it harder to get rumors. It's also important to note we don't have images yet, just set names/codenames, not even figure lists, meaning they might not be in production or even fully designed yet, just the concepts the designers are working on. That said, this specific list still seems weird to me, with the use of codenames the same as the codename for the mandalorian, and something like the kenobi homestead that seems just so obscure.