Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I highly doubt I'd be the only person who'd be interested in such a recolor... :wink:

But, this is a Star Wars set discussion topic, and sets can also be discussed from an exploitable part-by-part bias rather than just as a static whole. I mean, given previous examples of such, there is legitimate reason to expect such parts from the Star Wars theme, right? :shrug_confused:

Umm, no. This is not the place for wish-listing. Wish-listing is not set discussion. Stay on target.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm actually pretty excited. They've gotta make a heck of a minifigure for the deluxe edition, maybe even a pearl gold vader or dare I say rebel friend, and I can't wait to relive my childhood of LSW:TCS.

Based on the fallen order gameplay (Which I love by the way) I don't think it's unreasonable to assume we'll get some set or battle pack eventually. Neither the flame nor purge troopers require new molds, and I could see a battlepack with trooper variants and another set with Kal and second sister. That said, the likelyhood of them coming out for force friday continues to lower as we now know all but one of the sets are episode IX. Or a buildable yoda.

The Mandalorian is getting a battle pack in the winter wave of 2020 so I see no reason that Fallen Order can't get that 1 slot during force friday this year. The game looks great and i would love to get anything from it in Lego form.

If they made Rebel Friend as the pre-order or deluxe edition exclusive I would jump on it right away! This would be the perfect way to release him and the perfect time since its the 20th anniversary and they just made a new rebel fleet trooper print.

36 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

The Mandalorian is getting a battle pack in the winter wave of 2020 so I see no reason that Fallen Order can't get that 1 slot during force friday this year. The game looks great and i would love to get anything from it in Lego form.

If they made Rebel Friend as the pre-order or deluxe edition exclusive I would jump on it right away! This would be the perfect way to release him and the perfect time since its the 20th anniversary and they just made a new rebel fleet trooper print.

When was a battle pack for The Mandalorian confirmed? I don't remember anything being said about the winter wave.

6 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

When was a battle pack for The Mandalorian confirmed? I don't remember anything being said about the winter wave.

to call it confirmed would be a LONG stretch.  however there is a list of heavily rumoured jan '20 sets that have a very high degree of probability. let's call it 80% at this point.

whereas anything for fallen order in calendar year '19 i would put at 5%.

49 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

The Mandalorian is getting a battle pack in the winter wave of 2020 so I see no reason that Fallen Order can't get that 1 slot during force friday this year.

i can think of a thousand reasons.

2 hours ago, blujay563 said:

I completely agree about rebel friend,  but I don't see a massive chance of a fallen order set for force friday, though it is a possibility I guess.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

There was a "leaked" list a while ago debunked by basically everyone that included some mandalorian sets that were based on all we knew about the mandalorian at that point. It's 100% fake.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

to call it confirmed would be a LONG stretch.  however there is a list of heavily rumoured jan '20 sets that have a very high degree of probability. let's call it 80% at this point.

I don't have your insider knowledge, but this seems like it makes sense to me. January 2020 isn't more than a month or 2 past the game's release date, so it's not as strange as battlefront 2, which had over a year. 

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I completely agree about rebel friend,  but I don't see a massive chance of a fallen order set for force friday, though it is a possibility I guess.

There was a "leaked" list a while ago debunked by basically everyone that included some mandalorian sets that were based on all we knew about the mandalorian at that point. It's 100% fake.

I don't have your insider knowledge, but this seems like it makes sense to me. January 2020 isn't more than a month or 2 past the game's release date, so it's not as strange as battlefront 2, which had over a year. 

'Ferry' Microfighter
'Oslo Tram' Microfighter
Bantha and Skyhopper Microfighter
'Bruges' Battlepack
'Huckleberry' Battlepack
4+ Snowspeeder
Obi vs Anakin
Kenobi Homestead
Landspeeder

if this is the list that you're referring to, then it's not debunked or 100% fake ... ;-]

Edited by Tidy

18 hours ago, wesker said:

The new Lego Star Wars video game has provided a first look at a potential new D-O figure from the upcoming wave:

wbie_lego_theskywalkersaga_videogame_foo

Is this also showing us that Artoo will get his third leg ?

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

I guess it is mostly wishful thinking tbh but I'm really excited for the game so I hope we get something from Lego in the near future, especially with all the cool designs Lego has a lot to work with

Edited by blujay563

2 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

I guess it is mostly wishful thinking tbh but I'm really excited for the game so I hope we get something from Lego in the near future, especially with all the cool designs Lego has a lot to work with

well, historically, when did BF1 come out? when did the 2 battlepacks come out from lego?  when did bf2 come out? and that battlepack was only released the past january ...

near future is not in our future ... patience young padawan, patience ... not very many people are more excited about the prospects of a purge trooper [all 3 varieties] and inquisitor battlepack than i am ... #empire4life ... 

1 hour ago, roadstermatt said:

Is this also showing us that Artoo will get his third leg ?

Artoo has had his 3rd leg in all the lego games, so I'm not sure how much him still having it changes wether or not he gets his third leg. I could see lego inclusing those pieces in a set with him as an extra option, but I don't think it's a confirmation by any means.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

'Ferry' Microfighter
'Oslo Tram' Microfighter
'Bruges' Battlepack
'Huckleberry' Battlepack
4+ Snowspeeder
Obi vs Anakin
Kenobi Homestead
Landspeeder

if this is the list that you're referring to, then it's not debunked or 100% fake ... ;-]

Ah. Well, i guess it'll be fun to get obi-wan, luke, c-3po and artoo in a small set....again... if this list turns out to be true.

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

Where is that list which have a high probablity of being true? I have not seen anything in this thread yet, expect the one now just mentioned which u claim is 100 % fake

25 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Where is that list which have a high probablity of being true? I have not seen anything in this thread yet, expect the one now just mentioned which u claim is 100 % fake

I think you're overlooking the "not" in tidy's original statement.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not sure we'll get that exactly, as it doesn't appear to be able to fit onto a stud or connect with other legos, but I could se D-0 being a similar mold and they just removed the bottom antistud in-game to make him look more like he's rolling.

I noticed that although BB-8 doesn't have the bottom stud either. Besides that he's still the same as his physical release so I assume the same applies for D-O.

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

'Ferry' Microfighter
'Oslo Tram' Microfighter
'Bruges' Battlepack
'Huckleberry' Battlepack
4+ Snowspeeder
Obi vs Anakin
Kenobi Homestead
Landspeeder

Kenobi Homestead and Landspeeder have my attention. Either of them would be the perfect set to include that molded Bantha shown in the recently revealed Lego video game.

48032920041_9e78997564_b.jpg

11 hours ago, MKJoshA said:
On 6/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

But, this is a Star Wars set discussion topic, and sets can also be discussed from an exploitable part-by-part bias rather than just as a static whole. I mean, given previous examples of such, there is legitimate reason to expect such parts from the Star Wars theme, right? :shrug_confused:

Umm, no. This is not the place for wish-listing. Wish-listing is not set discussion. Stay on target.

Alright, sorry about that. :sad:

May I ask though, is there a separate topic for just speculation on 2019 Star Wars sets? :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I noticed that although BB-8 doesn't have the bottom stud either. Besides that he's still the same as his physical release so I assume the same applies for D-O.

Kenobi Homestead and Landspeeder have my attention. Either of them would be the perfect set to include that molded Bantha shown in the recently revealed Lego video game.

I agree, I think D-O's game design might be the basic design of his TROS figure. If it does, maybe that bantha and artoo's third leg will appear in the january 2020 sets.:shrug_oh_well:

I like that bantha mold.

Although I don't think the landspeeder is luke's, we had one about 2 years ago and the kenobi homestead means that there would be 2 sets with roughly the same minifigures at roughly the same price in the same wave.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Alright, sorry about that. :sad:

May I ask though, is there a separate topic for just speculation on 2019 Star Wars sets? :shrug_confused:

Wishlisting is on the "future star wars sets" thread, but I expect that applies to people wanting to see star wars vehicles and locations turned into official sets, not classic space elements in said sets. You've expressed your hopes of getting the falcon canopy in trans-yellow, and I sincerely hope that piece comes in some set someday, but you might need to move on. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Although I don't think the landspeeder is luke's, we had one about 2 years ago and the kenobi homestead means that there would be 2 sets with roughly the same minifigures at roughly the same price in the same wave.

I don't think repeat minifigures would be an issue if the Landspeeder is Luke's. The core cast (Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and C-3PO) could just be split up across the two sets with Tuskens/Jawas/Sandtroopers etc being used to fill in as additional minifigures.

Considering Major Vonreg is all red I would guess that he'll be in the 2019 Advent calender. I would be surprised if he isn't

5 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Considering Major Vonreg is all red I would guess that he'll be in the 2019 Advent calender. I would be surprised if he isn't

SURPRISE!

he is not ... all 7 minifigs have been known for a while ...

Edited by Tidy

10 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't think repeat minifigures would be an issue if the Landspeeder is Luke's. The core cast (Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and C-3PO) could just be split up across the two sets with Tuskens/Jawas/Sandtroopers etc being used to fill in as additional minifigures.

Luke needs to be in both sets, as it's his speeder and the only possible action feature for the kenobi homestead I can think of is him igniting his lightsaber, as that's literally all that happened there. (unless the set is based on the Luke/Boba fight in the canon comics, which is highly unlikely but would be really cool.) With that, one set would have to be luke's speeder, 2 years after we last got it, containing luke, either 3-po or r2-d2, and a tusken raider. This leaves the second set to be luke, kenobi, the other droid, and maybe a tusken raider as well. I can't see this happening, which along with the aforementioned fact that we got the speeder just 2 years ago leads me to believe it's a different speeder, possibly based on something in the mandalorian, fallen order, or TROS.

8 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Yeah, we actually had some leaked images and he's not in it, and we had known them for a while anyway.

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

SURPRISE!

he is not ... all 7 minifigs have been known for a while ...

I only count 5 minifigures, unless we're calling santa porg and the present GNK minifigures. 

Also with santa porg, he appears to have different coloration and isn't just bb-8 in a santa hat or entirely nonexistant like last year. Slow improvements, maybe we'll eventually get a santa figure again. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

white porg, red wings, santa hat ... hello santa porg ... 

yeah, the porg and gonk are considered minis ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

white porg, red wings, santa hat ... hello santa porg ... 

yeah, the porg and gonk are considered minis ...

I mean, at least it's not just plopping a hat on like bb-8

and I'm not happy that those count as minis, last year we got a battle-droid, Ig-88, and 5 minis, and of course the droids arent minifigures either but at least they're humanoid. These are literally just normal parts, one of which has a santa hat.

And is no one talking about the cloud car driver brutally assaulting present gonk with a snowball? :rofl:

#Stop gonk droid abuse

Edited by Mandalorianknight

they may just be pieces, but c'mon, who ever thought before to make a gonk that looked like a present before ?!?? that's just brilliant ...

i will admit that the decline in number of figures over the years is disappointing to me as an afol, but my kids prefer the mini builds to the figs [good for me!] ... an afol minifig only advent calendar that could double as a cmf, oh man, that would rock ... 

i am looking forward to old man but not much else unfortunately ...

I must have missed the info on the leaked advent calendar figs. That is too bad, he would have been a perfect fit for Christmas being all red like that ;)

It‘s interesting how the catalogues differ between countries... Some versions of the latest one one advertise Triple Force Friday with a tiny announcement on one of the pages while others dedicate a whole page to it :wacko: Of course it‘s the same amount of information in both cases, but the latter is at least more interesting to look at. The motive is a LEGO-fied version of the new TROS merch boxart with Kylo (though the render lacks the red cracks for some reason).

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s interesting how the catalogues differ between countries... Some versions of the latest one one advertise Triple Force Friday with a tiny announcement on one of the pages while others dedicate a whole page to it :wacko: Of course it‘s the same amount of information in both cases, but the latter is at least more interesting to look at. The motive is a LEGO-fied version of the new TROS merch boxart with Kylo (though the render lacks the red cracks for some reason).

I think they just used his Force Awakens minifigure for the render. His costume in The Rise of Skywalker should be the same one as The Last Jedi with the scale pattern on the torso.