Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Haven't been on here in a while - no news on Rise of Skywalker sets?

I remember we had images of the Last Jedi sets in May of 2017.

Nothing as of yet, however bear in mind that Force Friday falls on October this year, rather than the characteristic September releases.

My main concern regarding the TRoS sets is that Lego will reserve all the cool characters for later waves due to the severe anti-spoiler policy the sequels have adopted. I remember the initial TLJ wave feeling so bland in terms of characters, although that may just be me. Hopefully we will get the Knights of Ren, new trooper variants, Zorii, etc. in the first wave. Given that so many of the sets in this wave are supposedly re-releases, the figures at least need to be captivating!

On 6/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, Kaijumeister said:

My main concern regarding the TRoS sets is that Lego will reserve all the cool characters for later waves due to the severe anti-spoiler policy the sequels have adopted. I remember the initial TLJ wave feeling so bland in terms of characters, although that may just be me. Hopefully we will get the Knights of Ren, new trooper variants, Zorii, etc. in the first wave. Given that so many of the sets in this wave are supposedly re-releases, the figures at least need to be captivating!

I don't think the figures in the first TLJ wave were particularly bad. The only significant figures we didn't get in the first wave were Phasma and the Praetorian Guards, and of those the Praetorians were the only loss; Phasma was barely in the movie, and is essentially the same figure as the TFA version anyway. The only set the Praetorians would've been appropriate in is the First Order Star Destroyer. They could've replaced the medical droid and one of the stormtroopers with a pair of Praetorians, but even as it is five of the eight minifigs in that set were new, including Snoke, so I wouldn't say it needed it.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:35 AM, Kaijumeister said:

Nothing as of yet, however bear in mind that Force Friday falls on October this year, rather than the characteristic September releases.

I think the Knights of Ren have a chance of appearing in the First Order Shuttle, possibly even the Millennium Falcon if they take the place of the Kanjiklub/Kessel minifigures from the previous versions. Its too early to guess if Zorii will show up but I suspect we'll at least see Lando, Jannah, D-O and Allegiant General Pryde included in the first wave of sets.

Resistance minifigures in the A-Wing/Y-Wing could go either way. More support characters like Nien Nunb and Kaydel Connix would be preferable but we could wind up with generic Resistance Troopers instead. At the very least we can count on two new pilots and an astromech.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I don't think the figures in the first TLJ wave were particularly bad. The only significant figures we didn't get in the first wave were Phasma and the Praetorian Guards, and of those the Praetorians were the only loss; Phasma was barely in the movie, and is essentially the same figure as the TFA version anyway. The only set the Praetorians would've been appropriate in is the First Order Star Destroyer. They could've replaced the medical droid and one of the stormtroopers with a pair of Praetorians, but even as it is five of the eight minifigs in that set were new, including Snoke, so I wouldn't say it needed it.

We didn't get Luke or Leia in the first wave either. Thankfully in Luke's case we didn't have to wait too long after for a minifigure to be released (and by September he'll have 2/3 variants covered) but TLJ Leia still remains one of the biggest omissions from the film.

Hopefully the new Falcon will be worth buying. The Force Awakens and Solo ones were the exact same build with different color variations - hopefully the new one is a drop bigger than the last and more proportional to the Falcon's design all around.

We'll probably get the new crew (Poe, Lando, Chewie, BB-8, D-O) and would be great to the throw in Nien Nunb or some other Resistance soldier.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:37 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That doesn’t have a Bricklink entry, so I guess it’s new. Where did you find it? Is it available now, or something for an upcoming event?

Here’s the full ad: https://ibb.co/dt9cQfm

It'd be nice instead of another Falcon we would get a Rebel capital ship. No one wants another Falcon.....

2 hours ago, Chromide said:

It'd be nice instead of another Falcon we would get a Rebel capital ship. No one wants another Falcon.....

Except everyone who doesn't have a Falcon. I imagine the three pretty consistent sellers from SW are the Falcon, an X-Wing, and a TIE Fighter. Those are essential for pretty much any fan, and I imagine Lego will always want a recent design of all three available.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:24 AM, GryffindorResistance said:

Hopefully the new Falcon will be worth buying. The Force Awakens and Solo ones were the exact same build with different color variations - hopefully the new one is a drop bigger than the last and more proportional to the Falcon's design all around.

We'll probably get the new crew (Poe, Lando, Chewie, BB-8, D-O) and would be great to the throw in Nien Nunb or some other Resistance soldier.

Gimmie a Falcon with a printed Trans-Yellow cockpit canopy for a change and they'll have my attention... :devil:

4 hours ago, Chromide said:

Yea, and we've never had the exterior of a real rebel capital ship, nothing bigger than a blockade runner, or whatever that rebel ship was.

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Gimmie a Falcon with a printed Trans-Yellow cockpit canopy for a change and they'll have my attention... :devil:

The falcon never had a trans-yellow coloured canopy, it always appears trans-black or just black from the exterior

More images of the Advent calendar has leaked. Looks like the gonk droid is brick built with no printed parts.

5 hours ago, Chromide said:

I do :tongue: One can never have enough falcons. The only thing i hope for, is a price drop. Without the rescue pod they should go back to €150. The upcoming Falcon will be the LAST to be released alongside a live action movie, barring they don't give SOLO a second shot. Or somehow let it meet the Mandalorian. So shut up and take my firstborn.

Which rebel capital ship? The Nebulon can only be sold as UCS, too big and fragile for a playset. Hammerhead? Not very capital and lesser known. GR75? Never. Mon Cal cruisers? Many MOC builders have tried, but for a really good looking ship, they'd need to design new parts. Lots of new parts. And it would definitely be UCS. As much as i agree with you, i just can't think of any ship which could be produced for an agreeable price and generate enough revenue for the beancounters to nod it. 

I think they'd be able to do a 120-150 dollar version of the MC80 Liberty Star Cruiser, doesn't seem like it would be too much of a problem. I understand the issues with the huge Mon Cal bumpy rod shaped ships, and the Nebulon, of couse. I mean it makes sense but it is way overdue that we would get one.

latest?cb=20070104001953

Edited by Chromide

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The falcon never had a trans-yellow coloured canopy, it always appears trans-black or just black from the exterior

Of course it never had such, but neither did the Resistance Transport Pod in The Last Jedi, yet Lego gave it one in 75176:wink:

latest?cb=2018011311563575176_alt2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Of course it never had such, but neither did the Resistance Transport Pod in The Last Jedi, yet Lego gave it one in 75176:wink:

Issues like that could have arisen because of interior lighting of the cockpit of the craft in concept art. The falcon would definitely not get this treatment simply because Lego knows that it doesn't have such a windscreen or cockpit lighting.

Just now, JekPorkchops said:
11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Issues like that could have arisen because of interior lighting of the cockpit of the craft in concept art. The falcon would definitely not get this treatment simply because Lego knows that it doesn't have such a windscreen or cockpit lighting.

Was that really the case with that craft's concept art? I've always wistfully presumed it was mere improvisation on part of the set designers for certain ulterior motives... :smug:

The designer of the Resistance Transport Pod probably had concept art or early stills from the scene when the Pod is on the beach at Canto Bight and Finn and Rose are riding towards it on fathiers.  In that scene, the interior of the ship is lit up in yellow to contrast with the blue shades of the night and the sea and to prepare the eye for a sudden flash of yellow and orange when the Canto Bight police destroy it.  By contrast, the color of the Millennium Falcon's canopy is established as transparent black by decades of canon.  Granted, the designer of the Resistance Transport Pod should have abided by decades of precedent and guessed that its canopy would be trans black too, which is where Digger of Bricks's "ulterior motives" come in, finding excuses like the Canto Bight beach scene to use a different color.  It's also established by a decade of canon that MCU Quinjets have trans black canopies, though, so the designer of the most recent Quinjet was really taking liberties by using trans orange.  But then, too, the entire Endgame line is bizarrely unmoored from MCU canon, and the MCU Quinjet changes frequently anyway.  Point is, the appearance of the Millennium Falcon is very consistent from film to film and I think Digger of Bricks would be the only person in the whole wide world who would be happy to see it appear in Lego with a trans yellow canopy.

5 hours ago, Chromide said:

I think they'd be able to do a 120-150 dollar version of the MC80 Liberty Star Cruiser, doesn't seem like it would be too much of a problem. I understand the issues with the huge Mon Cal bumpy rod shaped ships, and the Nebulon, of couse. I mean it makes sense but it is way overdue that we would get one.

I agree, the liberty class is totally doable, especially with all the new slopes the've released in recent years. I might actually try my hand at one over the summer. I've seen some great nebulon mocs and think it's also possible, something in the vein of the resistance bomber would work and could certainly sell well. Even one of those Gr-75 transports could work, something like brickvault's moc except sized up a bit. 

4 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Not a set, but Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga is coming to consoles in 2020. Confirmed at e3. 

I'm actually pretty excited. They've gotta make a heck of a minifigure for the deluxe edition, maybe even a pearl gold vader or dare I say rebel friend, and I can't wait to relive my childhood of LSW:TCS.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Was that really the case with that craft's concept art? I've always wistfully presumed it was mere improvisation on part of the set designers for certain ulterior motives... :smug:

It was, mot likely, concept art leading to the inaccuracy, similar to what we got with that weird crawling TLJ walker that only appeared in concept art. And listen, man, we all want classic space or some original space theme to come back. There are certainly lego designers who wouldn't mind it either. But I doubt they're purposely making sets inaccurate to give people classic space type parts, and you gotta tone down the classic space allusions you're making every other message. This is, after all, a star wars thread. Not trying to minimod, just trying to help.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The new Lego Star Wars video game has provided a first look at a potential new D-O figure from the upcoming wave:

wbie_lego_theskywalkersaga_videogame_foo

5 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I do :tongue: One can never have enough falcons. The only thing i hope for, is a price drop. Without the rescue pod they should go back to €150. The upcoming Falcon will be the LAST to be released alongside a live action movie, barring they don't give SOLO a second shot. Or somehow let it meet the Mandalorian. So shut up and take my firstborn.

Which rebel capital ship? The Nebulon can only be sold as UCS, too big and fragile for a playset. Hammerhead? Not very capital and lesser known. GR75? Never. Mon Cal cruisers? Many MOC builders have tried, but for a really good looking ship, they'd need to design new parts. Lots of new parts. And it would definitely be UCS. As much as i agree with you, i just can't think of any ship which could be produced for an agreeable price and generate enough revenue for the beancounters to nod it. 

The price for the new Falcon is supposed to fall somewhere in between the last two versions. Cheaper than the Solo one, but more expensive than the Force Awakens.

I always thought the Raddus would have worked well as a set since the design is fairly similar to the Malevolence that came out back in 2012 and was featured prominently throughout The Last Jedi. Its a shame they missed the chance to make it.

1 hour ago, icm said:

Point is, the appearance of the Millennium Falcon is very consistent from film to film and I think Digger of Bricks would be the only person in the whole wide world who would be happy to see it appear in Lego with a trans yellow canopy.

Well, I highly doubt I'd be the only person who'd be interested in such a recolor... :wink:

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And listen, man, we all want classic space or some original space theme to come back. There are certainly lego designers who wouldn't mind it either. But I doubt they're purposely making sets inaccurate to give people classic space type parts, and you gotta tone down the classic space allusions you're making every other message. This is, after all, a star wars thread. Not trying to minimod, just trying to help.

But, this is a Star Wars set discussion topic, and sets can also be discussed from an exploitable part-by-part bias rather than just as a static whole. I mean, given previous examples of such, there is legitimate reason to expect such parts from the Star Wars theme, right? :shrug_confused:

42 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I highly doubt I'd be the only person who'd be interested in such a recolor... :wink:

But, this is a Star Wars set discussion topic, and sets can also be discussed from an exploitable part-by-part bias rather than just as a static whole. I mean, given previous examples of such, there is legitimate reason to expect such parts from the Star Wars theme, right? :shrug_confused:

I think you'd be just about the only person who'd rather have a falcon with a trans-yellow canopy, unless others are willing to see a lego set sell worse due to inaccuracy just because someone gave it the wrong canopy for no reason.

Yes, but you are discussing your hopes that lego will purposely make their sets inaccurate to further your cause of classic space-type parts. As others have pointed out, the canopy was not because someone like you got hired by lego and tried to sacrifice accuracy to appease rabid classic space fans. Lego has to work very closely with lucasfilm, in books like the lego star wars visual dictionary they specifically mention just how particular lucasfilm is with the accuracy of the EXTERIOR specifically. This was 100% on concept art changing once the movie came out. And as to this "sets can be discussed on an exploitable part-by-part bias" loophole, it's not one. Are you discussing the parts, or your feverent dreams that lego will make poor business choices to benefit you? You keep hinting at and talking about classic space, and if you want to hide that i'd stop emphasizing your subtle allusions and adding winky emojis, because that's not exactly subtle.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think you'd be just about the only person who'd rather have a falcon with a trans-yellow canopy, unless others are willing to see a lego set sell worse due to inaccuracy just because someone gave it the wrong canopy for no reason.

It wouldn't be the Falcon as a whole I'd want, just the canopy recolor to part out on BrickLink or elsewhere (as would be the case for many other fans besides myself).

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And as to this "sets can be discussed on an exploitable part-by-part bias" loophole, it's not one. Are you discussing the parts, or your feverent dreams that lego will make poor business choices to benefit you? You keep hinting at and talking about classic space, and if you want to hide that i'd stop emphasizing your subtle allusions and adding winky emojis, because that's not exactly subtle.

Like I'd said, it isn't unreasonable to expect such "glitches" from occasional Star Wars sets, especially in the case with a few of the previous "sequel trilogy" sets we've seen, so I personally don't think my dreams of such are that "fervent" so to speak. But, until our first images surface, I'll bite my tongue.

32 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It wouldn't be the Falcon as a whole I'd want, just the canopy recolor to part out on BrickLink or elsewhere (as would be the case for many other fans besides myself).

Like I'd said, it isn't unreasonable to expect such "glitches" from occasional Star Wars sets, especially in the case with a few of the previous "sequel trilogy" sets we've seen, so I personally don't think my dreams of such are that "fervent" so to speak. But, until our first images surface, I'll bite my tongue.

Can we PLEASE get back to actual star wars 2019 discussion and not "gee I hope lego messes up a decades old ship, arguably the most recognizable spaceship of all time ever, so i can have my new canopy". It's not going to happen, OK? Your only other example is due to a concept art mistake when lucasfilm themselves didn't know exactly how that ship was going to shape up. As I said before, lego is forced to work very closely with lucasfilm. In designer interviews they have specifically mentioned how particular lucasfilm is with the exterior design of the ship, I.E. a cockpit canopy. The millenium falcon has been canonically shown to have a black/trans black cockpit canopy since 1978. So even IF there were lego designers attempting to sabotage their sets so you could have your canopy in trans-yellow, lucasfilm wouldn't allow it.

Based on the fallen order gameplay (Which I love by the way) I don't think it's unreasonable to assume we'll get some set or battle pack eventually. Neither the flame nor purge troopers require new molds, and I could see a battlepack with trooper variants and another set with Kal and second sister. That said, the likelyhood of them coming out for force friday continues to lower as we now know all but one of the sets are episode IX. Or a buildable yoda.

12 hours ago, wesker said:

The new Lego Star Wars video game has provided a first look at a potential new D-O figure from the upcoming wave:

The price for the new Falcon is supposed to fall somewhere in between the last two versions. Cheaper than the Solo one, but more expensive than the Force Awakens.

I always thought the Raddus would have worked well as a set since the design is fairly similar to the Malevolence that came out back in 2012 and was featured prominently throughout The Last Jedi. Its a shame they missed the chance to make it.

I'm not sure we'll get that exactly, as it doesn't appear to be able to fit onto a stud or connect with other legos, but I could se D-0 being a similar mold and they just removed the bottom antistud in-game to make him look more like he's rolling.

yeah, they should have put the raddus in the TLJ wave. So many of these capital ships would work in lego at a $100-160 price range, but we never see any. Do you think it's recognizability? Most people couldn't tell you what an alliance capital ship looks like, a least not until TLJ where it technically wasn't even rebel alliance ship, but everyone knows star destroyers.

How about we just hope for a printed trans-yellow Millennium Falcon canopy part in another set?  There are plenty of ways to imagine that part coming in a different set, in a different line, in a different subforum.  Not the rumored Rise of Skywalker Falcon.

Edited by icm