Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

^ I'm really hoping for some more Resistance sets as well, and ones that are more representative of the series. Griff Halloran's racer was a cool set...but not for an initial offering.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm hyped for the movie as well. A bit underwhelmed that the rumored set list is made almost entirely of remakes, but there's definitely some cool new character and creature designs to look forward to. Zorri in particular is a standout and I'm curious how many (if any) of the Knights of Ren will be included. The Orbaks are probably the easiest Star Wars creature design for Lego to pull off. Just replace the head on the existing horse figure.

I really hope the knights of ren are included, otherwise I'm not sure if i'll get anything from the wave.

11 minutes ago, Tidy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to focus all the attention on Rise of Skywalker for the fall wave, and we'll get sets for the other more recent stuff (TCW, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Resistance) in the spring.

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to focus all the attention on Rise of Skywalker for the fall wave, and we'll get sets for the other more recent stuff (TCW, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Resistance) in the spring.

meanwhile Rogue one and solo continue to get nothing despite the many figures we need and sets they could make. Sometimes i agree with the people who say there's too much new content coming out.

Hey remember like a year ago when we saw that new mold for the TLJ Fathier in that video made by lego? Was that just a one-off for the video or did we ever get anything else?

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

meanwhile Rogue one and solo continue to get nothing despite the many figures we need and sets they could make. Sometimes i agree with the people who say there's too much new content coming out.

Hey remember like a year ago when we saw that new mold for the TLJ Fathier in that video made by lego? Was that just a one-off for the video or did we ever get anything else?

Well, there will b a three year break after Rise of Skywalker what I recall recently, so there will hopefully be some time to fill up the gaps and not only waste it trying new things (like the 4+ and the battle playsets)

There is a lot of molds made for video and games that have so far not been physically manifested so I wouldn't hope for too much...

21 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well, there will b a three year break after Rise of Skywalker what I recall recently, so there will hopefully be some time to fill up the gaps and not only waste it trying new things (like the 4+ and the battle playsets)

There is a lot of molds made for video and games that have so far not been physically manifested so I wouldn't hope for too much...

I’m desperately looking forward to that 3 year gap! The last few waves have been so uninspiring and lacking in quality all over. My god I would love prequel waves to return. 

Sorry if I’m slow on this but have there been 5 confirmed EP 9 sets along with the Yoda bust? So we are waiting on 2 more? Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Im pretty sure this was pointed out last time, apart from the first 14 seconds or so that video is all CGI, no real pieces were involved, no physical mold for those Fathier ever existed. Lego have been doing that since at least the first Lego Star Wars game, its far from unusual.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, Alegrispa said:
On 5/22/2019 at 8:08 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Damn, it's still so far away, but I'm hyped as heck. I was afraid Disney was gonna chicken out after the (imo completely undeserved and intensly immature) TLJ-backlash and play it safe like they did with TFA. But this looks just as fresh as TLJ and those creatures they're riding look sick. What are the chances we'll get new moulds for them in the first two waves?

On 5/22/2019 at 12:37 PM, wesker said:

I'm hyped for the movie as well. A bit underwhelmed that the rumored set list is made almost entirely of remakes, but there's definitely some cool new character and creature designs to look forward to. Zorri in particular is a standout and I'm curious how many (if any) of the Knights of Ren will be included. The Orbaks are probably the easiest Star Wars creature design for Lego to pull off. Just replace the head on the existing horse figure.

While I'm primarily interested to see how that Rocketeer-like helmet of Keri Russell's character will turn out as a headgear mold, I also see some great Adventurers reusage potential in Poe Dameron's new outfit! :shrug_oh_well:

Oscar-Isaac-BB-8-Chewbacca-and-Billy-Dee-Williams-in-Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m desperately looking forward to that 3 year gap!

Well, Lego better be taking advantage of that very brief hiatus to give us a new in-house SPACE theme (i.e. not Star Wars)...

tumblr_n0uqjsAVGc1qf0z59o1_r1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I hope so, those battle playsets are garbage. I bought one to test and for the new scout trooper, and it's so overpriced.

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Im pretty sure this was pointed out last time, apart from the first 14 seconds or so that video is all CGI, no real pieces were involved, no physical mold for those Fathier ever existed. Lego have been doing that since at least the first Lego Star Wars game, its far from unusual.

I was just confused as it seemed a weird thing to do since it was the only new mold. Also, I wan't here when the video came out so I didn't know.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Rogue One hasn't been doing too badly. Over the past nine months we've already seen releases of Antoc Merrick, Bail Organa, Bacta Tank Vader and Vader's Castle.

While there's still some notable omissions from the past three Disney movies that haven't been covered yet, I'd argue the Prequel Trilogy has much more.

17 hours ago, wesker said:

Rogue One hasn't been doing too badly. Over the past nine months we've already seen releases of Antoc Merrick, Bail Organa, Bacta Tank Vader and Vader's Castle.

While there's still some notable omissions from the past three Disney movies that haven't been covered yet, I'd argue the Prequel Trilogy has much more.

All of the figures are from sets that aren't meant to be for rogue one or appear in other movies though. The tantive IV was mainly in ANH, merrick was in an advant calender, and vader's castle featured an exclusive minifigure based on a VR game, so it might not be meant to be representing RO. 

We also have had 12 rogue one sets, including polybags, in the three years since it's release. Phantom menace had 20 in it's first three, AOTC had 13 in it's first 2 years, and ROTS had 20 in it's first 3. All three have those have also had 15-20 more years of sets, so i'd say rogue one needs more sets than the prequels

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

All of the figures are from sets that aren't meant to be for rogue one or appear in other movies though. The tantive IV was mainly in ANH, merrick was in an advant calender, and vader's castle featured an exclusive minifigure based on a VR game, so it might not be meant to be representing RO. 

We also have had 12 rogue one sets, including polybags, in the three years since it's release. Phantom menace had 20 in it's first three, AOTC had 13 in it's first 2 years, and ROTS had 20 in it's first 3. All three have those have also had 15-20 more years of sets, so i'd say rogue one needs more sets than the prequels

But when you mention the many figures from the film we need, does it really matter which sets they appear in? Bail and Merrick are still clearly based on Rogue One. Does coming in an Advent Calendar make the figure less authentic than one from a polybag? Even if other Star Wars content is a higher priority at the moment, the film hasn't been forgotten about otherwise we would have never have seen those minifigures.

And true Vader's Castle is primarily to tie in with the new VR game, but would the set even have been considered (especially at that size and price) had it not also been for it's Rogue One appearance? The majority of fans are never even going to play the game but are still likely to purchase the set due to their familiarity with it from the film.

Sometimes the best way to release certain sets/minifigures is through crossover appearances. Just look at how many prequel characters and ships made their first Lego appearance through the Clone Wars (or vice versa with the AAT Pilot Droids being released through the Kashyyyk sets)

52 minutes ago, wesker said:

But when you mention the many figures from the film we need, does it really matter which sets they appear in? Bail and Merrick are still clearly based on Rogue One. Does coming in an Advent Calendar make the figure less authentic than one from a polybag? Even if other Star Wars content is a higher priority at the moment, the film hasn't been forgotten about otherwise we would have never have seen those minifigures.

And true Vader's Castle is primarily to tie in with the new VR game, but would the set even have been considered (especially at that size and price) had it not also been for it's Rogue One appearance? The majority of fans are never even going to play the game but are still likely to purchase the set due to their familiarity with it from the film.

Sometimes the best way to release certain sets/minifigures is through crossover appearances. Just look at how many prequel characters and ships made their first Lego appearance through the Clone Wars (or vice versa with the AAT Pilot Droids being released through the Kashyyyk sets)

Saw gerrera, galen erso, endrio two-tubes etc. But i was thinking more about solo for the figures, as we need dryden, the literal main villain of the film, l-337, a major character, along with other less prominent characters. For rogue one it's more so sets we need, such as the cargo shuttle, hammerhead corvette, raddus's ship, the at-act, the tie reaper, etc. The only set I can think of that we're really missing for the prequels is what, the invisible hand? I'm sure there's more but none with as much screen time as the cargo shuttle or at-act. And as i said earlier, even in their first few years all the prequels got more sets than rogue one

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Saw gerrera, galen erso, endrio two-tubes etc. But i was thinking more about solo for the figures, as we need dryden, the literal main villain of the film, l-337, a major character, along with other less prominent characters. For rogue one it's more so sets we need, such as the cargo shuttle, hammerhead corvette, raddus's ship, the at-act, the tie reaper, etc. The only set I can think of that we're really missing for the prequels is what, the invisible hand? I'm sure there's more but none with as much screen time as the cargo shuttle or at-act. And as i said earlier, even in their first few years all the prequels got more sets than rogue one

I don't disagree that there are still a number of Rogue One/Solo sets worthy of LEGO's attention. But there are also a substantial number of prequel-era sets we could stand to see. Previously-unreleased or modern builds of the Zam/Obi/Anakin speeders, a Mustafar Duel, Kamino, Jango's Slave 1, Lars Homestead, Watto's Junkshop, more podracers, Jedi Council, Senate Duel, anything Naboo/Theed/Gungan City, the list goes on and on. I could create a similar (perhaps smaller) list of sets for the original trilogy, and even the sequel trilogy. I think we all agree that we'd all like to see more of the stuff that's never made it into LEGO form, rather than reissues of Luke's Landspeeder, Jedi Starfighters, or whatever the hell was the basis for the 20th Anniversary sets (Slave 1 excepted).

But... we've also been warned time and time again not to turn this into a wishlisting thread. "I want" and "I wish" posts don't really belong here. So, it's maybe (past) time to move on...

Edited by jdubbs

On 5/23/2019 at 10:56 PM, Sneakguest said:

Well there is a rumor that a TOR trilogy is in the make, its only a rumor, nothing concrete yet, so it may not be 3 years... 

One problem is, that we'd need a wallet draining flood of sets to cover everything to the extent we want. LEGO Star Wars started 1999 with 4 movies to cover. Now we have 10 movies, numerous animated series, numerous video games and so on. Another movie and The Mandalorian will screen this year, more movies and games are planned or already in production. They could fill half the catalogue with Star Wars sets and it still wouldn't suffice.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:16 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, Lego better be taking advantage of that very brief hiatus to give us a new in-house SPACE theme (i.e. not Star Wars)...

tumblr_n0uqjsAVGc1qf0z59o1_r1_500.gif

Gotta agree. Imagine what they could do with all the new pieces they introduced since the last space theme!

But I really don't want it to be conflict based like the last few. The last one that had a good message was Life on Mars in 2001! There's too much conflict in the real world anyways...

Edited by Alegrispa

8 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Well there is a rumor that a TOR trilogy is in the make, its only a rumor, nothing concrete yet, so it may not be 3 years... 

I've heard it was "confirmed" that a KOTOR trilogy was in the works, with the writer of alita: battle angel having nearly finished the first draft of the first movie, so you might be right in it being less than 3 years if they've already got the first draft of the script. Then again, it was buzzfeed news, so who knows if it's true or not.

43 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Gotta agree. Imagine what they could do with all the new pieces they introduced since the last space theme!

But I really don't want it to be conflict based like the last few. The last one that had a good message was Life on Mars in 2001! There's too much conflict in the real world anyways...

I don't think they'll stop making/slow lego star wars, even for a few years, just to make an in-house theme. Disney wouldn't be happy, at any rate. We've had star wars and in house themes side by side for galaxy squad, alien conquest, mars mission, and even life on mars. And conflict sells better than exploration sets, ethics nonwithstanding. 

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think they'll stop making/slow lego star wars, even for a few years, just to make an in-house theme.

I never thought they would.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:44 AM, Alegrispa said:

Most indeed! :sweet: I mean, for instance, I'd love to see further recolors of the Nexo Knights theme's signature windshield and canopy parts within a potential future Space theme (plus, further recolors of the "Speed Champions canopy" would most appreciated). :purrr:

On 5/25/2019 at 9:44 AM, Alegrispa said:

While I couldn't see further in-house Space themes being completely devoid of conflict, I'm pretty certain there are many viable directions they can take the next one that don't need to have its premise revolve centrally around conflict. :classic:

On 5/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think they'll stop making/slow lego star wars, even for a few years, just to make an in-house theme. Disney wouldn't be happy, at any rate. We've had star wars and in house themes side by side for galaxy squad, alien conquest, mars mission, and even life on mars.

With the exception of 2001's Life on Mars, all of those 2000's/2010's Space themes you mentioned did exist during Star Wars' cinematic "dry spell" so to speak (i.e. the years sitting in between the theatrical release of 2005's Ep. III and 2015's Ep. VII). Six years after 2013's Galaxy Squad though, nothing's been seen since then. :sad:

On 5/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

And conflict sells better than exploration sets, ethics nonwithstanding. 

Personally, I think there are a few different ways Lego could spice-up an exploration-centric premise for an in-house Space theme that could make such a line just about as enticing as Star Wars. :wink:

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Most indeed! :sweet: I mean, for instance, I'd love to see further recolors of the Nexo Knights theme's signature windshield and canopy parts within a potential future Space theme (plus, further recolors of the "Speed Champions canopy" would most appreciated). :purrr:

While I couldn't see further in-house Space themes being completely devoid of conflict, I'm pretty certain there are many viable directions they can take the next one that don't need to have its premise revolve centrally around conflict. :classic:

With the exception of 2001's Life on Mars, all of those 2000's/2010's Space themes you mentioned did exist during Star Wars' cinematic "dry spell" so to speak (i.e. the years sitting in between the theatrical release of 2005's Ep. III and 2015's Ep. VII). Six years after 2013's Galaxy Squad though, nothing's been seen since then. :sad:

Personally, I think there are a few different ways Lego could spice-up an exploration-centric premise for an in-house Space theme that could make such a line just about as enticing as Star Wars. :wink:

We already have lego city space for exploration, and while I agree that it isn't nearly a space theme, and just a wave under a subtheme with half the sets set on the ground, I think if we were to have a space theme it would need conflict. The world's changed since 1978's classic space. Even then they had weapons on their ships, according to the designers, but they had to keep those subtle because the head of the department didn't want conflict in the sets. Now, we have star wars, and a space-based lego theme has to draw children's attention enough to compete with video games like fortnite and apex legends, games that revolve entirely around you killing everyone else. Maybe there could be a main objective of the sets' heroes besides conflict, but the ships will always be weaponized, and there will always be enemy factions. As I said, we've come a long way since 1978, the world's changed. NASA is sending people to the moon, to stay, by 2024. SpaceX claims to have humans on mars by 2030. And america has considered creating a space-based branch of it's armed forces, meaning that even in real life we'll eventually have spacecraft with weapons. That being said, I do agree that there could be a way to make a space theme that stands out enough from star wars and still captures the kids' attention, without being soley focused on war. A distinctive ship design and a resource harvesting/exploration type thing, with some sort of space pirates or something, could work, but I still think star wars won't be slowing down very much in the gap, even if they did make a new space theme. There's been at least a movie a year for 4 years, and there's so many sets we need for them, along with the multiple live-action shows, and a  new video game. 

That said, we should probably stop talking about the possibility of a new space theme before the mods go after us for it not being star wars.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That said, we should probably stop talking about the possibility of a new space theme before the mods go after us for it not being star wars.

Ah, very well then. Well, here's to hoping they'll improvise a few new "inaccurate" canopy/windshield recolors of the more colorfully variety into a couple of the upcoming Rise of Skywalker sets, much like they'd done previously with some of the Ep. VII and Ep. VIII sets! :tongue:

I’m not sure if this is new. Mini X-wing trench run diorama. It’s an instore build at toysrus.

2796FCE3-0EB4-469A-B231-671CD711EEEB.jpeg

Edited by Merch

3 hours ago, Merch said:

I’m not sure if this is new. Mini X-wing trench run diorama. It’s an instore build at toysrus.

That doesn’t have a Bricklink entry, so I guess it’s new. Where did you find it? Is it available now, or something for an upcoming event?