Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Most likely to make him slightly different from the version in the X-Wing set.

Maybe. I still think that the helmet is gone though, if for no other reason that I hope lego listened to at least some of our feedback.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe. I still think that the helmet is gone though, if for no other reason that I hope lego listened to at least some of our feedback.

Well the new helmet costs more but gives less detail, is generally less crowdpleasing, is less in scale with Minifigs and is more difficult to build around, it's wonder they even introduced it! (Then again knowing LEGO they probably just did it so they could  make a set with Biggs without breaking their ancient Vow to give every Rebel pilot the exact same face)

38 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Well the new helmet costs more but gives less detail, is generally less crowdpleasing, is less in scale with Minifigs and is more difficult to build around, it's wonder they even introduced it! (Then again knowing LEGO they probably just did it so they could  make a set with Biggs without breaking their ancient Vow to give every Rebel pilot the exact same face)

Lol. Yeah you'd think it would just have been cheaper to introduce new face prints with the visor. It still blows my mind that porkins has a unique face but not Wedge Antilles.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lol. Yeah you'd think it would just have been cheaper to introduce new face prints with the visor. It still blows my mind that porkins has a unique face but not Wedge Antilles.

I KNOW! It's especially weird given how the set he's from included another pilot with the same face, you'd think they'd at least use the non-smiling face from 2014

So an update on the old Chief Tarfful debate; both Brickset and Bricklink only have one entry for Tarfful now (SW0530) and having got both his 'old' and 'new' version I can confirm they are identical. So that mystery is finally solved. ? Now we just have the mystery for future collectors of why there is now no SW0993 in the minifig database. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

Sorry to bother. So it seems we have absolutely no idea of the next wave (exept some expected ideas of the set and that most of them might be from ep 9). When do you think we can start seeing some leaks comming out like pics or minifigs?

Cheers

Just now, mitzab said:

Sorry to bother. So it seems we have absolutely no idea of the next wave (exept some expected ideas of the set and that most of them might be from ep 9). When do you think we can start seeing some leaks comming out like pics or minifigs?

Cheers

check the news thread for 2019. 

and fig leaks usually start appearing 9-11 weeks before release. 

dont expect pics till mid september. 

9 hours ago, mitzab said:

Cheers

It's too early for anything concrete on IX sets, we got the january wave pictures in what, november? It'll be augest to september before we see any leaks.

One of my first questions...looking at the bachground photo of the star destroyer in the Lego catalog ( Jan-Jun), is it just my or is the model a bit of comparing it to the movies? 

I'm just looking for  hints... just like the ( off topic ) the big Lego harry Potter castle... most of it is recognizable in the start screen from the ps3 / ps4... as seen on the photo...this was before the release of the set it self... even before the rumours...

320px-Lego-Harry-Potter-1-4-Windows-Title.png

2 hours ago, Diegoist said:

One of my first questions...looking at the bachground photo of the star destroyer in the Lego catalog ( Jan-Jun), is it just my or is the model a bit of comparing it to the movies? 

I'm just looking for  hints... just like the ( off topic ) the big Lego harry Potter castle... most of it is recognizable in the start screen from the ps3 / ps4... as seen on the photo...this was before the release of the set it self... even before the rumours...

320px-Lego-Harry-Potter-1-4-Windows-Title.png

I'm not sure what you see with the star destroyer, but that harry potter game came out over a decade before the "ucs" hogwarts, in which time the theme was cancelled and revived, so I doubt it had any sort of correlation to the set. The star destroyer rumors like this are less then rumors, and why sites report that there may be a set coming when in reality there is literally no evidence to suggest that.

There’s been an idea going around for ever that upcoming UCS sets are teased in some way on box art months or years before they come out, but if there’s any actual correlation there nobody’s ever presented any kind of evidence for it. My personal view is that if you want hints you’ll have better luck if you sacrifice a dove and examine its entrails, as the gods intended, than if you just look through officially released materials.

This whole “teasing the next ucs” nonsense started with the Millennium Falcon supposedly being teased on the Death Star box. It’s all a coincidence IMO, because there’s also TIEs and X-Wings on the box too. My bet is the box designer was trying to go for the trench run scene, that’s why the Falcon had a soft glow around it - like it had just showed up out of nowhere to save the day. 

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

There’s been an idea going around for ever that upcoming UCS sets are teased in some way on box art months or years before they come out, but if there’s any actual correlation there nobody’s ever presented any kind of evidence for it. My personal view is that if you want hints you’ll have better luck if you sacrifice a dove and examine its entrails, as the gods intended, than if you just look through officially released materials.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

This whole “teasing the next ucs” nonsense started with the Millennium Falcon supposedly being teased on the Death Star box. It’s all a coincidence IMO, because there’s also TIEs and X-Wings on the box too. My bet is the box designer was trying to go for the trench run scene, that’s why the Falcon had a soft glow around it - like it had just showed up out of nowhere to save the day. 

Exactly. If they want to hint something it wont be a vague silhouette or a star destroyer image that "looks off"

13 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

This whole “teasing the next ucs” nonsense started with the Millennium Falcon supposedly being teased on the Death Star box. It’s all a coincidence IMO

Totally agreed.

Some people always try to find tiny ridiculous things that may justify what they are hoping for in the future. moonboots.gif
Everytime, it leads to speculation that make very little sense.

I'm hoping we get an official set list here soon for the sets releasing on Force Friday in October. I really don't care too much about episode IX sets. I really hope there is at least one battle pack for the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order. I know the press release for Force Friday confirmed there will be merchandise released for both on that date, I just hope it's LEGO merchandise too.

22 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I'm hoping we get an official set list here soon for the sets releasing on Force Friday in October. I really don't care too much about episode IX sets. I really hope there is at least one battle pack for the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order. I know the press release for Force Friday confirmed there will be merchandise released for both on that date, I just hope it's LEGO merchandise too.

I think we'll have to see how big the merchandise/marketing is for those properties, but I would expect a few small mandalorian sets, like rebels/resistance, and maybe just one fallen order set releasing at a later date if the battlefront and battlefront 2 sets are anything to go off of. I'm of the same opinion though, the IX sets don't interest me.

47 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

The October sets are all listed here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/167836-lego-star-wars-2019-news-everyone-please-read-first-post/ There are no Mandalorian or Fallen Order sets among them. January is likely the earliest we would see them, barring some kind of unknown retailer exclusive.

48 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The October sets are all listed here: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/167836-lego-star-wars-2019-news-everyone-please-read-first-post/ There are no Mandalorian or Fallen Order sets among them. January is likely the earliest we would see them, barring some kind of unknown retailer exclusive.

These aren't confirmed by lego or even "confirmed", the post after it is questioning the cost of one of the sets, they have star destroyer listed too despite there being no real evidence, leading me to think the "(set name)" part is a suggestion. Also, one of their "ep9" sets is listed as "buildable yoda" and another one is just called "location playset" with no reference to episode 9, so that could be one.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

These aren't confirmed by lego or even "confirmed", the post after it is questioning the cost of one of the sets, they have star destroyer listed too despite there being no real evidence, leading me to think the "(set name)" part is a suggestion. Also, one of their "ep9" sets is listed as "buildable yoda" and another one is just called "location playset" with no reference to episode 9, so that could be one.

confirmed enough that i would put money on them, i like those odds ... shrug. ..

price/pieces/code names have been confirmed many times over ... want proof, ask ... the rumoured descriptions come from many independent sources ... ones that have consistently proven themselves to be spot on ... as for no real evidence of a star destroyer, i disagree ... =]]

nothing is confirmed by lego until lego wants it confirmed ... y'all can keep hoping and wanting and wishing, but as far as i am concerned, this is what we are getting in october, take it or leave it ... the magic eight ball tells me, no mando till january '20, earliest we'd see fallen order is summer '20, but that is even doubtful ... expect to see fig leaks for october sets to start popping up late july early august, with maybe pictures in september ... but yeah, i'll give it to ya that 75246 could possibly not be ep9 ... and i'm as flummoxed as the next dude that yoda is labeled as ep9 ... 

Edited by Tidy

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

confirmed enough that i would put money on them, i like those odds ... shrug. ..

price/pieces/code names have been confirmed many times over ... want proof, ask ... the rumoured descriptions come from many independent sources ... ones that have consistently proven themselves to be spot on ... as for no real evidence of a star destroyer, i disagree ... =]]

nothing is confirmed by lego until lego wants it confirmed ... y'all can keep hoping and wanting and wishing, but as far as i am concerned, this is what we are getting in october, take it or leave it ... the magic eight ball tells me, no mando till january '20, earliest we'd see fallen order is summer '20, but that is even doubtful ... expect to see fig leaks for october sets to start popping up late july early august, with maybe pictures in september ... but yeah, i'll give it to ya that 75246 could possibly not be ep9 ... and i'm as flummoxed as the next dude that yoda is labeled as ep9 ... 

I really hope we get a battle pack of those sweet looking purge troopers. It wouldn't even be that much of a problem for lego since they could just use the airborne clone mold from 2014 with a black and red color scheme with new printing.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Damn, it's still so far away, but I'm hyped as heck. I was afraid Disney was gonna chicken out after the (imo completely undeserved and intensly immature) TLJ-backlash and play it safe like they did with TFA. But this looks just as fresh as TLJ and those creatures they're riding look sick. What are the chances we'll get new moulds for them in the first two waves?

I'm hyped for the movie as well. A bit underwhelmed that the rumored set list is made almost entirely of remakes, but there's definitely some cool new character and creature designs to look forward to. Zorri in particular is a standout and I'm curious how many (if any) of the Knights of Ren will be included. The Orbaks are probably the easiest Star Wars creature design for Lego to pull off. Just replace the head on the existing horse figure.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

[...] and I'm curious how many (if any) of the Knights of Ren will be included. [...]

That’s what I’m wondering about as well. Apart from the hooded one, all of the KoR require new helmet moulds, which might be a problem :grin: Maybe they spread them over the sets like the dwarves in the first wave of Hobbit sets (even though they’re not important enough, unfortunately) :laugh:

19 hours ago, Tidy said:

What about the resistance series? Heard anything there? Only two sets so far is a bit underwhelming.