Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Lego Head Designer - Buildable Yoda

Interview with Jens Kronveld Frederiksen and there appears to be a brick built Yoda next to him. There's a rumoured buildable Yoda later this year but the price tag would indicate it's smaller than this. Seems coincidental though.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

Lego Head Designer - Buildable Yoda

Interview with Jens Kronveld Frederiksen and there appears to be a brick built Yoda next to him. There's a rumoured buildable Yoda later this year but the price tag would indicate it's smaller than this. Seems coincidental though.

Cool! They do like to plant Easter eggs and this definitely looks like one. It even has a Vader ‘bust’ for reference. 

At that size, he looks like maybe 1:1 scale with the 'real' Yoda. 

"Judge me by my size, do you?" - Master Yoda

43 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I'd be shocked if that Yoda is an actual new set. It looks....not great. :sceptic:

No-one's suggesting that's the new set; I think it's set 7194 from back in 2002. Rather, it may be hinting at a new (as yet unseen) Yoda set, which leakers have said is on it's way later this year.

I hope that the new Yoda uses olive green like the minifigure. The regular brick green doesnt look that good on Yoda.

8 hours ago, darththeling said:

At that size, he looks like maybe 1:1 scale with the 'real' Yoda. 

"Judge me by my size, do you?" - Master Yoda

53 minutes ago, Felkin said:

No-one's suggesting that's the new set; I think it's set 7194 from back in 2002. Rather, it may be hinting at a new (as yet unseen) Yoda set, which leakers have said is on it's way later this year.

I think as you say it is hinting at another yoda later this year, but the one in the image is 100% not the one that would be released, nor is it the one from 2002

It’s definitely not the old UCS Yoda build. That looks very different.

4 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I hope that the new Yoda uses olive green like the minifigure. The regular brick green doesnt look that good on Yoda.

Also it'd just be a fantastic parts pack for olive green, probably including a lot of parts new in the colour.

8 hours ago, Felkin said:

it's definitely not the 7194.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think as you say it is hinting at another yoda later this year, but the one in the image is 100% not the one that would be released, nor is it the one from 2002

^Exactly that. The placement of it would seem a very deliberate choice  given the rumour. For $100 I would expect the rumoured 2019 version to be more in scale with the Porg and BB-8, plus use more modern parts/be less ‘blocky’ than the one above. 

Come to think of it, I believe that's the store giveaway model (I believe from Target in the U.S.) from the early 2000's.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

4 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Come to think of it, I believe that's the store giveaway model (I believe from Target in the U.S.) from the early 2000's.

That’s a good thought, but I don’t think it is. Look at the tips of the ears—this one has a 1x8 brick at the top edge, while the Target one has a 1x4 and then drops down. The eyes here are more recessed as well. This one looks somewhat larger overall.

This thing, for anyone else who’d never heard of such a set: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?G=yoda&name=Yoda (Glued)&category=[Glued Model][Star Wars]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

You can also see that one of this Yoda's fingers is in line with the hem of his cloak, whereas the old Yoda's fingers all stick out.

2 minutes ago, Jedibob said:

Is there any chance we got a summer wave?

Absolutely none :wink: We’ve known that for quite some time since we got a spring wave instead of a summer wave. Last year, we had both, but no autumn wave since Solo was released in May rather than December. June is a crowded LEGO month as it is, so I’m glad they released this year’s second wave early :sweet:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Absolutely none :wink: We’ve known that for quite some time since we got a spring wave instead of a summer wave. Last year, we had both, but no autumn wave since Solo was released in May rather than December. June is a crowded LEGO month as it is, so I’m glad they released this year’s second wave early :sweet:

Yeah now my wallet can regenerate, (or more likely spend inordinate amounts of money to get all the iron men minifigures), before triple force friday. As excited as i am for IX, I don't really want any sets for it, unless they make one of the skiffs Poe and Finn were on with rocket troopers, but I really want stuff for the mandalorian and fallen order.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah now my wallet can regenerate, (or more likely spend inordinate amounts of money to get all the iron men minifigures), before triple force friday. As excited as i am for IX, I don't really want any sets for it, unless they make one of the skiffs Poe and Finn were on with rocket troopers, but I really want stuff for the mandalorian and fallen order.

Same, hopefully we get a battle pack if those dope inquisitor/purge troopers!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As excited as i am for IX, I don't really want any sets for it, unless they make one of the skiffs Poe and Finn were on with rocket troopers

Really, not even battle ready Threepio? :grin:

2 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Same, hopefully we get a battle pack if those dope inquisitor/purge troopers!

Yes, it could be like 2 purge troopers, a stormtrooper, and an officer/other enemy in the game. I also think we'll get either a set of that woman who helps Kal's ship, or a small duel type wet with him and 2nd sister.

The fact that i'm really hyped for an EA game disturbs me, but it looks so good.

55 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Really, not even battle ready Threepio? :grin:

I'm going to go on the record saying that if every lego set was some form of gonk droid or battle ready threepio lego's revenue would increase 500%. But i can really just slap a bowcaster and staff on one of my threepios and the same affect is achieved. Maybe if i it had a new torso i'd bricklink the part.

Just want to share a quick mod to the 75243 Slave I with you all:

46899186345_381ec503af.jpg

It smooths out the bump, which I found a little bit distracting. Achtung! the result is quite weak because I didn't bother to re-engineer the guts of the ship. But I think it looks better this way.

The SW 2020 annual has leaked (which will be a 2019 release) and it comes with Biggs Darklighter with a hairpiece not a helmet. Not a very interesting figure at all in my opinion (unless you want to make a Freddie Mecury fig!). What is interesting I think, is that the illustration on the front cover shows Biggs holding his helmet (the new style), but Luke wearing his helmet and it is the old style; you can tell because of the overall shape and the little knobs on the sides. Luke has his visor down in the picture, so it's not because using the new helmet would have stopped us from seeing his face or anything. A hint they are returning to the old helmet? They had to use Bigg's new helmet if they didn't want to mix his new figure with the really old helmet, but for Luke they've gone for the old. Or do you think they know most kids will have got the Luke from the X-Wing Trench Run set and so they've just used that version of him for that reason? ?

Edited by BacktoBricks
Punctuation

12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The SW 2020 annual has leaked (which will be a 2019 release) and it comes with Biggs Darklighter with a hairpiece not a helmet. Not a very interesting figure at all in my opinion (unless you want to make a Freddie Mecury fig!). What is interesting I think, is that the illustration on the front cover shows Biggs holding his helmet (the new style), but Luke wearing his helmet and it is the old style; you can tell because of the overall shape and the little knobs on the sides. Luke has his visor down in the picture, so it's not because using the new helmet would have stopped us from seeing his face or anything. A hint they are returning to the old helmet? They had to use Bigg's new helmet if they didn't want to mix his new figure with the really old helmet, but for Luke they've gone for the old. Or do you think they know most kids will have got the Luke from the X-Wing Trench Run set and so they've just used that version of him for that reason? ?

I think the new helmet is gone. Although all instances where it hasn't been used yet feels like it should have have possible rationale, there are too many for it to just be a coincidence. The juniors set MAY have been because it's a juniors set, the snowspeeders MAY have been because they'd rather change the helmet than the snowspeeder design, but i have no reasoning for why biggs has hair instead of a helmet.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the new helmet is gone. Although all instances where it hasn't been used yet feels like it should have have possible rationale, there are too many for it to just be a coincidence. The juniors set MAY have been because it's a juniors set, the snowspeeders MAY have been because they'd rather change the helmet than the snowspeeder design, but i have no reasoning for why biggs has hair instead of a helmet.

Most likely to make him slightly different from the version in the X-Wing set.

Poe Dameron didn't come with his dual molded helmet either when he was included in one of those books last year.