Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

Australian S@H deals are live. Unfortunately none that I was hoping for. The sets on sale are FO Star Destroyer, FO AT-ST, FO Heavy Assault Walker, Luke's Landspeeder, Kessel Run Falcon, Sandcrawler, Imperial AT-Hauler, Imperial Conveyex Transport and Han Solo's Landspeeder. All are 20% off except the FO AT-ST (30% off) and the FO Star Destroyer (26% off). Double VIP points on all Star Wars Purchases. Sales may vary by region.

Sounds like they're trying to clear out the old as expected. But thanks for the heads up :)

Going to get my Tantive IV later today. The lego uk sale looks pretty good, and obviously includes some decent discounts on a number of sets I bought veryĀ recently.

3 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I know it's off topic, but Chewbacca/Peter Mayhew is dead. Rest in peaceĀ :cry3:

It is off topic, but thank you for letting me know. Ā Since I checked this thread first thing in the morning, that's how I found out.Ā  I had no idea about all his charitable work. Ā Rest in peace, Peter.Ā Ā :cry_sad:

As far as the May the Fourth sale, I can't believe the Sandcrawler is still $140 in the US. Ā It's almost like a joke to me at this point. Ā Well, maybe Brick Friday...
Other than that, on the United States site, there is pretty much a flat 25% discount (give or take) on everything except UCS and 20th Anniversary sets. Ā Not too bad, honestly!

On 5/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, jdubbs said:

Typically the oldest sets go on sale. Don't expect any of the April wave to be marked down, or even much of the January wave.

In the US at least, most all of the non-D2C/UCS, non-20th Anniversary sets are on sale 20% off (including January and April waves). This is definitely better than we've gotten in past years, especially when you factor in the double VIP points and the Hoth micro build freebie.Ā 

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

In the US at least, most all of the non-D2C/UCS, non-20th Anniversary sets are on sale 20% off (including January and April waves). This is definitely better than we've gotten in past years, especially when you factor in the double VIP points and the Hoth micro build freebie.Ā 

Yeah Canada has the deals too; really wanted to grab the Tantive but mr Wallet says otherwise.Ā 

My Lego store had the Tantive IVĀ on the shelf and the person serving me didnā€™t even ask for my VIP card until I gave her it when she wanted me to enter my card to pay so I imagine they would have sold them to anyone.

33 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

Did you log in to your vip account?

I was logged in somehome. Another link worked now.

Fun fact: The shopping basket says 21 Years LEGO Star Wars as description for the free poster. When i view the poster, it says 22 Years LEGO Star Wars. Anybody else got that glitch?

12 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I know it's off topic, but Chewbacca/Peter Mayhew is dead. Rest in peaceĀ :cry3:

I heard. May the force be with him.

3 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

My Lego store had the Tantive IVĀ on the shelf and the person serving me didnā€™t even ask for my VIP card until I gave her it when she wanted me to enter my card to pay so I imagine they would have sold them to anyone.

Interesting

On 4/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, Markalus said:

I just got the email from Lego for the May 4th promotion. The Hoth micro build GWP has a min. spend of $199 AUD...thatā€™s getting up there. I guess they REALLYĀ want us to purchase the Tantive IV.

199 AUD? That's nuts... In the US it comes with a spend of 75 USD (though I did go well above that today).

On 4/26/2019 at 11:46 AM, ISDAvenger said:

So I had to look up what GWP meant....duh. I was expecting a better May the 4th Exclusive. It is not terribly bad, but seem to me it could have been designed better. TheyĀ could have come up with something else.....like an exclusive mini-figure. RegardlessĀ I will be getting a Tantive IV for sure. A buddy of mine picked up a signed copy of the Tantive IVĀ at SWC for me, but that will be staying sealed.Ā If they offer double VIP on all Lego Star Wars....I may pull the trigger on the UCS Falcon...maybe...depends on the what I can sneak past the wife.....

I enjoyed it - it's a nifty little build, the way you construct the planet surface is semi-modular, and the 20th Anniversary plate is printed. Very decent.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:00 AM, Tariq j said:

I like the Hoth promo. I agree with others that it would have benefited from a minifigure. Itā€™s a good May 4th promo but it doesnā€™t feel like a 20th Anniversary Promo which is what itā€™s also being marketed as. A chrome variant of a character similar to the Chrome Darth Vader back in 2009 would have been good.

Me too!

On 5/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, jdubbs said:

Typically the oldest sets go on sale. Don't expect any of the April wave to be marked down, or even much of the January wave.

I went to the Pentagon City (Virginia, USA) shop today and there was a LOT on offer - pretty much everything except the 20th Anniversary wave, the Sandcrawler and the UCS/MB line (i.e. Tantive IV, Y-Wing, Death Star, Millennium Falcon, Cloud City). The discounted items included current stuff, like the Duel on Starkiller Base and the Action Battle sets, which really surprised me.

Keychains & such were on offer also.

18 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I was thinking of him just last week... it's such a shame he's died, seemed like a really decent guy.

Edited by jimmynick

Thank you all very much for the news and pics! :classic:

The new Tantive IV looks great from the outside. In contrast the interior is again not that great: That in the cockpit the minifigs hang with their seats in the air and can't look outside is bad. Plus not including the floor where Vader enters, is again a missed opportunity. Plus the price is definately much too high. So all in all it's not bad and not stunning, but ok.

Th 20th years anniversary Battle Of Hoth Diorama looks nice. Nothing stunning. So I wouldn't have bought it. But as a GWP it's nice. Which concerns an exclusive minifig, I would have had doubts if we had gotten a new and wanted one. A main character would have had been boring and getting a character only seen for a short time in the movie(s), I doubt that TLG would have had done this. So I think it was the better choice to give as the mini build.

Ā 

Btw: Did I miss something or aren't there any SW sets released in summer (but only then the episode 9999 sets in fall)?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Wow those droids look a lot better than I was expecting. Definitely not something that interests me personally though

2 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Boost set details:

http://brickingaround.com/2019/05/04/boost-droid-commander-boost-meets-lego-star-wars/

No interest to me and the price seems a bit much for a kids' gift. We'll see how this goes I guess.

The Droids look great! The price, while expensive, isnā€™t unreasonable. The original boost is $250 AUD for ~850 pieces and you canā€™t build all three models at time. Licensing fees would add to the price too.Ā 

The Boost set is really sweet! Unfortunately itā€™s a little rich for me, but I might still try for it.

Having built the new podracer this evening and read the material in the instruction booklet, I'm a bit surprised at how little any of the TLG representations of Anakin's podracer look like the one from the movie - but the one in the movie looks boring so the TLG version is just fine for me :classic:

On a different note it bothers me slightly that the 20th Anniversary promo figs are described as "identical" to the originals when they are plainly not - first of all there is the 20th Anniversary logo, then the lightsabers are silver rather than chrome, the brown is new brown rather than old brown, and so on. I'd be a bit happier if these figures were described as "replicas" instead.

edit: elsewhere in the instruction manuals these anniversary figures are indeed described as "replicas".

Edited by jimmynick

The DK Star Wars Build Your Own Adventure book has leaked; the build is an open topped cloud car with a Bespin Guard piloting. Kind of strange, butĀ considering the CC pilot is going to be in the advent calendar I don't think many will mind.

18 hours ago, jimmynick said:

On a different note it bothers me slightly that the 20th Anniversary promo figs are described as "identical" to the originals when they are plainly not - first of all there is the 20th Anniversary logo, then the lightsabers are silver rather than chrome, the brown is new brown rather than old brown, and so on. I'd be a bit happier if these figures were described as "replicas" instead.

Yeah, that's annoying.

Ā 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

The DK Star Wars Build Your Own Adventure book has leaked; the build is an open topped cloud car with a Bespin Guard piloting. Kind of strange, butĀ considering the CC pilot is going to be in the advent calendar I don't think many will mind.

interesting, i wonder why they chose the guard of all people.

It does seem strange but my guess is that the guard is more recognisable. Honestly I had no idea what cloud car pilots looked like until I saw the leaked figure last year for CC set and then I researched it from the film.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, that's annoying.

Ā 

interesting, i wonder why they chose the guard of all people.

BespinĀ guards need transport too, at Ā least the location is relevant.Ā :shrug_confused:Ā