Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

??? I can only remember c-3po, was there a substantial amount more?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say dual molded boots weren't just as or more important, just that arm printing would also be nice. I try to only use offical lego, so the firestar toys are not something i'm interested in, cool as they look.

I was thinking the UCS rebel pilots were. Only ones I know of for sure are C-3PO, Boba Fett UCS, Tie Fighter Pilot UCS. 

27 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I was thinking the UCS rebel pilots were. Only ones I know of for sure are C-3PO, Boba Fett UCS, Tie Fighter Pilot UCS. 

Wullffwarro and the other Wookiees in 75084 Wookiee Gunship each have a printed band on one arm, for some reason. Other isolated examples probably exist. But they're certainly not common.

The May 4th promo Hoth diorama set has been revealed. Very disappointing in my opinion - no figure like the HP and Marvel micro promo sets and a micro scale scene that many MOC builders have done before. :(

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The May 4th promo Hoth diorama set has been revealed. Very disappointing in my opinion - no figure like the HP and Marvel micro promo sets and a micro scale scene that many MOC builders have done before. :(

Well, that's... disappointing.

On another note: are there any new pieces being used for the 75244: Tantive IV set, not counting the printed minifigure parts or new colors?
I've looked through the pictures but don't see anything.

for what it is worth, that hoth freebie, is labeled for may 1st through the 31st ... not just the may 4th weekend ... is there still hope for an exclusive may 4th fig ?!??

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The lack of an exclusive minifig is disappointing but not unexpected. What I find more disappointing is the AT-AT looks ‘pregnant’ for want of a better term. The curved slopes on the torso seems inexplicable. And the two snowspeeders are shaped more like colonial vipers from Battlestar Gallactica. 

23 minutes ago, Markalus said:

The lack of an exclusive minifig is disappointing but not unexpected. What I find more disappointing is the AT-AT looks ‘pregnant’ for want of a better term. The curved slopes on the torso seems inexplicable. And the two snowspeeders are shaped more like colonial vipers from Battlestar Gallactica. 

? Yes I'm not very impressed by the build. I suppose the generator does have four rings at least. ?

While browsing an online shop I came across two sets that I haven't seen before, and which are apparently based on the "Star Wars Resistance" animated series - a red TIE Interceptor and another weird-looking TIE variant. Were these officially released already or is it some kind of leak?

11 minutes ago, Corydoras said:

While browsing an online shop I came across two sets that I haven't seen before, and which are apparently based on the "Star Wars Resistance" animated series - a red TIE Interceptor and another weird-looking TIE variant. Were these officially released already or is it some kind of leak?

They were realised fairly recently, They’ve been discussed on here for ages :)

11 minutes ago, Corydoras said:

Those both came out at the beginning of this month.

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

for what it is worth, that hoth freebie, is labeled for may 1st through the 31st ... not just the may 4th weekend ... is there still hope for an exclusive may 4th fig ?!??

Ah good point. I really hope you are right... But yah this giveaway is quite disappointing just like the previous couple years. I'm gona have to ask my friend if he knows if there is any more surprises coming out for May the 4th weekend. 

Just now, Evergreen said:

Ah good point. I really hope you are right... But yah this giveaway is quite disappointing just like the previous couple years. I'm gona have to ask my friend if he knows if there is any more surprises coming out for May the 4th weekend. 

Intriguing; do keep us posted :)

1 hour ago, Corydoras said:

I bought the weird looking one last week. It's a massively modified standard TIE. I like it on-screen, but the model...if it weren't a TIE, i wouldn't have bought it. It more looks like a modified TIE Striker to me.

2 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I bought the weird looking one last week. It's a massively modified standard TIE. I like it on-screen, but the model...if it weren't a TIE, i wouldn't have bought it. It more looks like a modified TIE Striker to me.

To me, it resembles more of a heavily-modified Eta-2 than a TIE, really. I agree that the LEGO rendition isn't great though, and it's incredibly overpriced for what it is. Great helmet on the pilot, though!

Edit: The cockpit is very similar to a TIE Striker actually

Edited by Procrastinathan

5 hours ago, Corydoras said:

These have been out for weeks, and known about for months before then. 

Honestly, I don't think the set's that bad for a small GWP. What I do despise is that it means yet another year with no exclusive minifigure for may the 4th

Edited by Mandalorianknight
clarification

The Hoth diorama is neat but the lack of an exclusive fig is really disappointing considering every other gwp like this has had one so far. I'll still get it if it's convenient but I'm not looking forward to it as much as the Avengers tower gwp.

Saw the leaked hoth promo, kinda disappointing that there is nothing exclusive about it :(

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Saw the leaked hoth promo, kinda disappointing that there is nothing exclusive about it :(

The only thing about it that seems to be exclusive sadly is the printed(at least I certainly hope they're prints)2x4 tile with the 20th anniversary logo and the windscreen of the AT-AT. They really dropped the ball with the lack of a figure, heck I would've settled for a non exclusive trooper or something at least. The more I look at it the more fat the AT-AT looks, I really have no idea why it was designed like that, plus there's no reason for the sides of it to be curved. It's a very angular,  skinny  design and isn't that hard to pull off in LEGO.

Unfortunately its hard to get excited for these kind of exclusives when you can just build them yourself with your own parts.

11 hours ago, wesker said:

Unfortunately its hard to get excited for these kind of exclusives when you can just build them yourself with your own parts.

I mean, There's a printed tile or 2, it really needed an exclusive minifigure like mustache trooper from the original trilogy game or a 20th anniversary dak ralter or something.

The avengers promo had iron man (and a much more interesting build in my opinion), why couldn't we get a figure? Supposedly, the star wars team has a larger budget.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, There's a printed tile or 2, it really needed an exclusive minifigure like mustache trooper from the original trilogy game or a 20th anniversary dak ralter or something.

The avengers promo had iron man (and a much more interesting build in my opinion), why couldn't we get a figure? Supposedly, the star wars team has a larger budget.

The promo should of just been a Rebel friend figure

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Seconded. Would've dropped £50 in a heartbeat, even though there aren't any sets on shelves that I'm particularly interested in atm

On 4/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, Tidy said:

It's not looking likely, but for those of us in the UK we will also get a free poster and if we make it into the store a Naboo Starfighter polybag. ?

On 4/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, Renny The Spaceman said:

On 4/19/2019 at 11:37 AM, Procrastinathan said:

Seconded. Would've dropped £50 in a heartbeat, even though there aren't any sets on shelves that I'm particularly interested in atm

i third the motion. I would spend at least $20 on the figure without batting an eye, and i'd buy whatever i could to cross a GWP threshold for it. 

Someone on Instagram posted some pictures of a flyer for the UK May 3-6 weekend. Looks like there will be

• the Hoth set with £75 SW purchase online and in store
  • a free Naboo starfighter (polybag?) in store only with £35 SW purchase
  • 2x VIP on all SW purchases
  • early access for the Tantive IV on May 3
  • an exclusive SW poster -- looks like it has the 20th Anniversary set art
  • Build in store mini Tantive IV, May 3 4-6pm only
  • Sale on select SW sets, with BB-8 pictured

Edited by autolycus