Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

14 hours ago, autolycus said:

Meh. I think the proportions don't look as bad as y'all are making them out. They're not perfect, but I'll bet they're close enough for the vast majority of the market. A highly-detailed UCS set would have been great, but it also likely would have been ridiculously expensive. And as small as you think the market is for a $200 playset, the market for a $300-400 UCS set is almost certainly smaller. I'm also not sure you're right about how few children can afford it, based on the fact that Lego made it after they had good sales data from the Death Stars, Ewok Village, Assault on Hoth, Cloud City, etc.

Totally agree

3 hours ago, Procrastinathan said:

None of this is helped by LEGO's inconsistency with UCS sets - some years they release one, some two, and some none at all. Consistency is nice and helps keep expectations in check. Personally, I'd love if they kept to two per year as it increases the chances of them making a UCS version of a vehicle I'd actually want to buy, and makes the inevitable re-releases easier to swallow as you don't then have to wait a year for the next one to come out.

Which year didn't they released one at all? I'm not a long term collector, but I guess it must have been like 10 years ago or more

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Then i have to correct myself. The picture looked absolutely convincing, because the was no visible outline. Thanks for the video!

Much to learn you still have. captain%20flam.gif

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Which year didn't they released one at all? I'm not a long term collector, but I guess it must have been like 10 years ago or more

2009 and 1999 are the only two years without one. Which I guess means this is the time, but I don’t think it’s likely that there won’t be one this whole year. 

Yikes at both the stickers for the cockpit, price and thin neck section. But overall the engines are nice and the silouhette is pretty slick, but they are asking way too much for this. 

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

2009 and 1999 are the only two years without one. Which I guess means this is the time, but I don’t think it’s likely that there won’t be one this whole year. 

Depends on your definition of "UCS"....

I don't know if this the right place to post this, but Matthew wood accidentally announced a new Lego star wars game during the celebration live stream!!! I can post a video clip of his unintentional announcement soon so you all believe me

The other issue is that i don't know how to upload a video on here.

The fastest way to check would be to find the day 3 (sunday) interview with matthew woods and david collins which is after the clone wars pannel

Edited by Brickwraith

11 hours ago, eliminator said:

Is the UCS line dead? Maybe they had originally planned to make this a UCS set but decided against it due to cost? Or they just needed "something" for 4 May? Given that it isn't labeled UCS, it would have been nice for them to make this part of the 20th Anniversary line and included a very special anniversary minifig like the others.

One data point does not a pattern make.

9 hours ago, AfolFree said:

People are so impatient, the last UCS has been released just one year ago, and we already hear everyone saying UCS is dead.

Same to you. One person asking if its dead isn't everyone saying its dead.

So how do people plan to display this set? I typically only buy UCS and this will be the first set I buy that doesn’t have a UCS stand. Are there any well designed/good looking MOCs for tantive IV stands?

35 minutes ago, gottabekd said:

So how do people plan to display this set? I typically only buy UCS and this will be the first set I buy that doesn’t have a UCS stand. Are there any well designed/good looking MOCs for tantive IV stands?

Well, the set's still not out for another few weeks, so we dont know what kind of attachment points will be available.

9 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

With the original appearing in both the Snowspeeder and juniors set, does anyone know if the 2018 Rebel pilot helmet has been abandoned?

I hope so, but no official word. The juniors one may have been to get rid of surplus/lower cost, and the snowspeeder one could have something to do with the helmets not fitting in the current snowspeeder canopy. Might be those reasons, might be that they abandoned them. Personally, I skew towards the former, if only because lego never seems to listen to AFOL opinion. We don't make up the main fanbase, after all.

6 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

lol. Every 10 years, and the tantive IV was 2 of them. But i don't know if I'd count 1999, as it was before UCS as a subtheme was made.

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, the set's still not out for another few weeks, so we dont know what kind of attachment points will be available.

Well, some should go buy it from that lego store that leaked the y-wing. :roflmao: Honestly, I expect most of the bottom middle will be antistuds, so it shouldn't be too hard to make a stand. 

13 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

With the original appearing in both the Snowspeeder and juniors set, does anyone know if the 2018 Rebel pilot helmet has been abandoned?

I don't think so, the only reason the older ones appeared in the snowspeeder is because the newer ones dont fit in the current design and TLG was too lazy to make a new design.

With all the new stormtrooper helmet moulds coming out I'm sure the new rebel pilot helmet will be used in some other set.

5 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Well, "everyone"  is an overstatement sure, but the point remains. It's fun to see how people react to every announcement :

• re-release ? damn, do something original
  • no re-release ? Lego is siding with speculators !
  • 2 UCS a year ? my wallet  won't survive this (ok, this one is actually positive in a way)
  • Big playset labelled UCS ? Meh, it's a playset why label it UCS
  • Big playset NOT labelled UCS ? Meh, they should have gone the extra mile and made it a true UCS

And so on :)

I'm not saying Lego is perfect by any means, but in my personal experience, I think they are doing quite well with the balance between big and small sets, playsets and display sets and so on. They have a very, very diversified customer base for Star Wars alone, which is both a blessing and a big challenge.

I just wish people would judge sets for what they are : this Tantive IV is a playset. As such I can understand people criticizing the low number of minifigs, or even the scale of it, which leads to its price. But I really don't get why we hear about UCS on every big set. If anything, I believe it's a good thing if Lego finally uses the UCS label only on sets that are truly meant for that purpose (which would be subject to debate in itself, I know.)

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

I don't think so, the only reason the older ones appeared in the snowspeeder is because the newer ones dont fit in the current design and TLG was too lazy to make a new design.

I really hope not, the old ones were much better.

Stonewars.de is reporting that set 40333 will be a small 195 piece Hoth diorama Gift with Purchase set like the HP Diagon Alley or Marvel Avengers Tower and they presume it will be the May 4th set. What do you all think? If it comes with an exclusive minifigure like DA and AT then I for one will be pleased that they have moved away from the droid build polybags. It will be like a step up from the old figure May 4th polybags. If it's just a build though I will be pretty disappointed.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Stonewars.de is reporting that set 40333 will be a small 195 piece Hoth diorama Gift with Purchase set like the HP Diagon Alley or Marvel Avengers Tower and they presume it will be the May 4th set. What do you all think? If it comes with an exclusive minifigure like DA and AT then I for one will be pleased that they have moved away from the droid build polybags. It will be like a step up from the old figure May 4th polybags. If it's just a build though I will be pretty disappointed.

The article specifically mentions a small AT-AT, snowspeeder and shield generator but does not indicate a minifig is included. I will reserve judgment until we see pics, it could go either way. I’m quietly hoping it’s enough for me to pull the trigger on the Tantive IV though.

17 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

I really do not understand all of the negativity surrounding this set.

I think the only real complaint there is to be had about this set is that, if you're a stickler for accuracy, the cockpit wasn't brick-built.

The problem is the stickers. They should really be used only for non-essential details. I don't think anyone would recommend a brick-built cockpit solution at this scale, but the cockpit detailing really needed to be printed. What are we meant to do when the stickers inevitably age, go brittle, and peel off? Just use our imagination?

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

The article specifically mentions a small AT-AT, snowspeeder and shield generator but does not indicate a minifig is included. I will reserve judgment until we see pics, it could go either way. I’m quietly hoping it’s enough for me to pull the trigger on the Tantive IV though.

Yeah I know, but I'm just looking at Diagon Alley and Avengers Tower and seeing that they both got a minifigure, so I'm hoping that this one will too. It kind of feels like these microbuilds with (hopefully) a minifigure is Lego's 'thing' at the moment. Of course, I also know that Lego can do a complete 180 at times and that the only thing you can predict with Lego is that they are not predictable. ?

56 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

The problem is the stickers. They should really be used only for non-essential details. I don't think anyone would recommend a brick-built cockpit solution at this scale, but the cockpit detailing really needed to be printed. What are we meant to do when the stickers inevitably age, go brittle, and peel off? Just use our imagination?

This is way I always order at least one spare parts sheet of stickers from Lego. Just say they are going lose some months after you purchased the set. Lego needs to feel that its the wrong way to apply stickers to these sets.

13 hours ago, eliminator said:

Depends on your definition of "UCS"....

I thought it depended exclusively on TLGs defintion

11 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

One data point does not a pattern make.

Lol

18 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Don't forget the old helmet also appeared in 75240 Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter (as Buckets helmet). So that's 3  of the latest sets using the old helmet mould. 

We cant rule out the new helmet will be coming back in future sets, but as of now it seems the old helmet is the current one in use. 

35 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Don't forget the old helmet also appeared in 75240 Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter (as Buckets helmet). So that's 3  of the latest sets using the old helmet mould. 

We cant rule out the new helmet will be coming back in future sets, but as of now it seems the old helmet is the current one in use. 

They couldn't have used the new helmet for Bucket though because he doesn't have the visor down. Not that I'm saying they haven't reverted to the old helmet, just that it makes sense for Bucket.

4 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Quite a number of people in this thread have expressed disappointment that the cockpit isn't brickbuilt.

Stickers are an issue, but not a big of one to justify so many complaints about the entire set, most of the ones I'm referring to were made before we even knew that the cockpit used stickers.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

14 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

I don't know if this the right place to post this, but Matthew wood accidentally announced a new Lego star wars game during the celebration live stream!!! I can post a video clip of his unintentional announcement soon so you all believe me

The other issue is that i don't know how to upload a video on here.

The fastest way to check would be to find the day 3 (sunday) interview with matthew woods and david collins which is after the clone wars pannel

Sounds interesting. I’ll have to check it out! Just found a video of it and it’s crazy he actually unawarely announced it.

Edited by ChiefPie