Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 4/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, azzer86 said:

This morning on the lego shop UK VIP promotion page has an announcement that the 5 polybag box (5005704) set would be available 11-15th April in some European countries on SW purchases over £85. 

I think it's the same one from America last year

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/page/lego-offers-promotions?icmp=SW-SHB-EG-NO-promol-127-10

Not available on the Irish Lego store of course! 

1 hour ago, manumi said:

It seems that Leia has legs instead of skirt as it was filtered a while ago in IG (it could be the same as the set 75229). The figure of Bail Organa seems to be wearing a cape.
If I am correct, only two figures would be exclusive to this set, Antilles and Bail.
The 5 figures that are seen in the image are: Leia (75229), Antilles, Rebel (75237), C3PO, R2D2 and Bail.
We will have to wait to see photos with more quality ....

47 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The image on the top of the box looks like it has the skirt piece to me. I’m not 100% she’s sitting at that table but if she is they may give her legs too to enable that.

Definitely think she has the skirt piece. You can't tell if she's sitting, but I'd say not. And also, she is already being sold on ebay by the usual culprit with her skirt piece.

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Definitely think she has the skirt piece. You can't tell if she's sitting, but I'd say not. And also, she is already being sold on ebay by the usual culprit with her skirt piece.

Yeah. Sellers can get those things wrong though... remember the Nurse Joker fake? As well as the BvS Lex Luthor Convict? :)

But I'm sure it has the shirt piece too. My shot from a month ago below. There's nothing to tell me this piece isn't what's in the set (before anyone asks the legs on everyone have been changed by me and I gave Leia the hood).

Lego 2019 Star Wars Tantive IV Crew Figures

10 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Yeah. Sellers can get those things wrong though... remember the Nurse Joker fake? As well as the BvS Lex Luthor Convict? :)

But I'm sure it has the shirt piece too. 

Yes that is true; for starters, they're selling her and Antilles as coming from the 'UCS' Tantive. ? But honestly I just can't see where else that piece would come from. Plus it looks like her pic on the top of the box slopes to me.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I'm guessing she'll come with both plain legs and the printed skirt piece just like Saruman did in the Tower of Orthanc.

Just now, wesker said:

I'm guessing she'll come with both plain legs and the printed skirt piece just like Saruman did in the Tower of Orthanc.

But why? Unless there's a part of the ship that has the iconic scene where Leia gives R2 the DS plans, I don't see why they would include both the legs and the skirt piece. The one with legs is probably from death star escape. 

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

I knew I'd noticed them doing that in the past but couldn't place where. Especially as the plain leg version was in the Wizard Battle £12 set too. But they needed him to sit in his throne at Orthanc so it makes perfect sense to just include legs also.

Just now, Reaper said:

But why? Unless there's a part of the ship that has the iconic scene where Leia gives R2 the DS plans, I don't see why they would include both the legs and the skirt piece. The one with legs is probably from death star escape. 

Well they have a desk for her to sit at. Including a leg piece that cost them 0.005p to make wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them. That way the full figure would have a unique skirt piece to entice a certain demographic and you still get to keep any sitting functionality.

5 minutes ago, wesker said:

Supongo que ella vendrá con ambas piernas lisas y la falda impresa tal como lo hizo Saruman en la Torre de Orthanc.

Saruman-Dooku :iamded_lol:

I might have missed this point already: but is the Tantive IV (despite not being UCS/MBS) intended as filling one of the two D2C SW set slots this year? 

34 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I knew I'd noticed them doing that in the past but couldn't place where. Especially as the plain leg version was in the Wizard Battle £12 set too. But they needed him to sit in his throne at Orthanc so it makes perfect sense to just include legs also.

Well they have a desk for her to sit at. Including a leg piece that cost them 0.005p to make wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them. That way the full figure would have a unique skirt piece to entice a certain demographic and you still get to keep any sitting functionality.

They had the dining table in CC though and they didn't include legs for Leia, although I know it is slightly different as those would have had to have been printed too.

15 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

I might have missed this point already: but is the Tantive IV (despite not being UCS/MBS) intended as filling one of the two D2C SW set slots this year? 

Well that's the big question. As far as we know, yes it is filling one of those slots as nothing has suggested otherwise. But really we don't know ... Lego may surprise us, but I highly doubt it. Size, price, minifigure selection ... for all intents and purposes the new Tantive IV is a UCS/MBS set just without those labels.

36 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Size, price, minifigure selection ... for all intents and purposes the new Tantive IV is a UCS/MBS set just without those labels.

But it is neither of those, not by a long way. Hence no label. This was TLGs offical release last year to clarify the distinction...”The Master Builder Series models are large playsets and beside being complex builds they are characterized by having many play features and functions, interior details as well as a range of minifigures. Ultimate Collectors series will remain highly detailed display models providing complex builds with a focus on authenticity and both Ultimate Collectors Series and Master Builder Series will continue as a way to highlight the unique characteristic of each style of model.” 

leia 100% has a new printed skirt. nothing to indicate legs in addition.

lego: we should do away with labels on d2c to prevent customer backlash about what is or isn't part of that label ...

afols: hold my beer.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I'm hoping the set includes a display stand and UCS-like plaque that isn't shown on the box. The set looks good, albeit slightly disproportional. If there's a good May the 4th promo along with it I'll pick it up early, if not I'll wait for it to show up in retailers at a discount.

It won't. It has stud shooters and spring missiles. 

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

But it is neither of those, not by a long way. Hence no label. This was TLGs offical release last year to clarify the distinction...”The Master Builder Series models are large playsets and beside being complex builds they are characterized by having many play features and functions, interior details as well as a range of minifigures. Ultimate Collectors series will remain highly detailed display models providing complex builds with a focus on authenticity and both Ultimate Collectors Series and Master Builder Series will continue as a way to highlight the unique characteristic of each style of model.” 

Well it fits both of those descriptions to me. And its piece count and prize are in line with previous UCS models, not to mention that until yesterday people, knowing the piece count and price, were referring to it as the 'UCS' Tantive IV. But I honestly think that is why it is not labelled, because people never agree on what qualifies as UCS/MBS. As for the fact that Lego only introduced the MBS title last year so why would they now do away with labels (which they still may not have, just my theory)? Rebel pilot helmets anyone ... ? 

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

lego: we should do away with labels on d2c to prevent customer backlash about what is or isn't part of that label ...

afols: hold my beer.

?

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 minutes ago, Chill said:

Anyone heard anything about the Target Darth Vader?

it is both the celebration exclusive and a target red card holder online exclusive.

12 hours ago, hachiroku said:

I think the picture of the box makes it looks disproportionate it, because the ship depends a lot on the angle you see it. For example, comparing the Lego version with this picture it looks really good and with good proportions.

Huh, indeed it does. Thank you!
I'm still not sure about the engines, though, those look rather crowded to me, with the black ends.
I'll just wait for better pictures, including pictures of the minifigures. I completely forgot about Bail Organa, but his addition also makes it more of a must-have for me.
I didn't get the previous Tantive IV in that time because I wasn't that into OT vehicles then, but I'm warming up to them and this one is such an iconic vehicle, so I'll definitely consider it now.

Regards,
Mitch

fwiw, this tantive is around 2 feet long ... (60 some centimeters for the rest of you) ... can't find length for old one ...

7 minutes ago, Tidy said:

fwiw, this tantive is around 2 feet long ... (60 some centimeters for the rest of you) ... can't find length for old one ...

I think the old one was about 52cm long, but dont quote me on that.

That's big enough for anyone to want to display it. That's a decent sized build.

Don't quite understand the discontent around the Tantive IV. Aesthetically, it's a nice looking set. Seems to be a bit of upset regarding the interior being much like that of the 2009 variation. There is only so much they can do with the shape of the ship. How do we know that there won't be a small playset that replicates the famous corridor scene at some point in the future? 

The neck looks far too thin, but apart from that it looks a great set to me on first glance. Will wait for the further pictures but seems like a definite purchase. I don't have the original 2009 version though so it may appeal more to me than most.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

That's pretty massive. A decent amount longer than any sets I have other than the Saturn V and Hogwarts Castle.

38 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

The neck looks far too thin, but apart from that it looks a great set to me on first glance. Will wait for the further pictures but seems like a definite purchase. I don't have the original 2009 version though so it may appeal more to me than most.

Yeah I noticed the thin neck immediatly. Definitly the weakest part of the ship but the body and engines look really damn great. Kinda wanted a brickbuilt cockpit too but aside from that it looks great.