Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Proportionally the new one looks pretty great, with exception to the massive cockpit. If that were smaller, it'd be fine and dandy

This looks interesting, but I'll wait to see the interior and other features before passing judgement, 

Also, sorry to change the topic but has anyone living in Australia seen the 20th Anniversary Clone Scout Walker or Imperial Dropship? They're the only two sets from this wave I want, but I haven't seen them anywhere. The other sets of the wave have appeared, does anyone know what's going on?

Kinda disappointed they went with leia's desk again, i would've liked to see them try the table from episode 3 or something else but this set looks really nice! Can't wait for another chance to get the Tantive iv since i was too young to get the last one myself and my parents couldn't afford it.

15 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, sorry to change the topic but has anyone living in Australia seen the 20th Anniversary Clone Scout Walker or Imperial Dropship? They're the only two sets from this wave I want, but I haven't seen them anywhere. The other sets of the wave have appeared, does anyone know what's going on?

Toyworld have them listed online so I suspect they're a Toyworld retail exclusive - given Toyworld never seems to offer substantial discounts on RRP you're probably better getting them direct from Lego S@H for the VIP points. I'm waiting to see what special offers there are on May 4 before I order.

New Tantive looks ok but it is odd it's not labelled as a UCS given May 4 has traditionally always had one. Personally I'm more interested in the rumoured ISD coming later this year though...

Edited by TeufelHund

Yeah, I think one of those things that makes the Tantive look odd is the size of the cockpit. I'm sure if you were to mod it to make it smaller it would make the whole set look much better / proportionate.

Looks like they are using the ucs falcon cones for the cockpit, seems a bit too big for me though. 

I been away for a bit, has the star destroyer leak been confirmed?

I have a feeling this might get the same response as the Cloud City. I think the Tantive IV looks like a pretty good playset overall, but definitely a poor UCS set. A definite pass for me, but its not for me... I just hope they make a proper ISD later in the year... 

33 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Are we having any leaks on how the Bail Organa figure is looking?

Earlier in the year there was a leak of the Bail Organa figure. You might have to dig through the instagram posts to find it. From what I remember it was a decent figure. No memorable details or anything really. 

15 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I been away for a bit, has the star destroyer leak been confirmed?

Nah people are still just riding on the rumor of it from last year

Also there seems to be 6 minifigures included in the tantive, Leia, Antilles c 3po and r2 and 2 other minifigs I which I cannot tell.

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Also there seems to be 6 minifigures included in the tantive, Leia, Antilles c 3po and r2 and 2 other minifigs I which I cannot tell.

Fleet Trooper and Bail

21 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Earlier in the year there was a leak of the Bail Organa figure. You might have to dig through the instagram posts to find it. From what I remember it was a decent figure. No memorable details or anything really. 

Looks like he's picked up a cape since that figure leaked, but you can't see any details from the box pics.

4 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Looks like it has a detachable rescue pod. Did the old one have that? I must have it.

Yes, the old one had that. The escape pod is a pretty crucial part of the Tantive IV's role in ANH... this one doesn't look any more like the actual pod than the previous one did, though. Droid Escape (any of the versions) is still the place to go for that.

I like the look of it so far. Don't mind that they went with Leia's desk again as the interior is too small to really include much else. It looks like the radar dish has some kind of play feature - either as the form of a carry handle for the ship or as an ejecting function for the escape pod.

I'm hoping the set includes a display stand and UCS-like plaque that isn't shown on the box. The set looks good, albeit slightly disproportional. If there's a good May the 4th promo along with it I'll pick it up early, if not I'll wait for it to show up in retailers at a discount.

I have to say, that it looks nicer, better and everything, but I have the same feeling as when the new Death Star was released. It's looks for me just the same with only a facelift. Though I might get it.. 

I the look of it. Cockpit could be a little smaller. But nonetheless it’s a good set. Leia’s desk is a tad underwhelming. But then a corridor would have been more awkward to add. 

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I have a feeling this might get the same response as the Cloud City. I think the Tantive IV looks like a pretty good playset overall, but definitely a poor UCS set. A definite pass for me, but its not for me... I just hope they make a proper ISD later in the year... 

It's way better than CC as a display piece. But have to agree that as much as I was looking forward to this, I find it a bit underwhelming.... Has me interested in MOC's. 

This set could be released exactly as it is with a UCS label or not. It's still big enough to be a UCS set but they've just decided not to use that label in the same way the Sandcrawler didn't have it. Not every UCS set needs to be 4000+ parts and a metre long

38 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

I like it, but wait... Did they use stickers for the canopy?! That would be a huge shame...

It looks like that, but they never use stickers in curved platforms, right? Especially stickers of this size.

Edited by hachiroku

It seems that Leia has legs instead of skirt as it was filtered a while ago in IG (it could be the same as the set 75229). The figure of Bail Organa seems to be wearing a cape.
If I am correct, only two figures would be exclusive to this set, Antilles and Bail.
The 5 figures that are seen in the image are: Leia (75229), Antilles, Rebel (75237), C3PO, R2D2 and Bail.
We will have to wait to see photos with more quality ....

The image on the top of the box looks like it has the skirt piece to me. I’m not 100% she’s sitting at that table but if she is they may give her legs too to enable that.