Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Since the rumors, I was thinking this set would be as big as the original, but now I’m think it’s more the size of the more recent version. I’m talking size not piece count. I’d love a nice big Tantive IV. I’m sure it’ll be fantastic, I’m just really hoping it lives up to the hype. A May 4th set not being UCS is very odd. Then again, Lego has been trying to mix things up with several themes this year so who knows what they’re trying to do

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

the non-UCS, non-MBS, non-20th anniversary set 75244 will be revealed friday at star wars celebration.

it is now confirmed to be a tantive iv ... [not that that should shock anyone] ...

Why Friday? Are there any source?

The Celebration starts tomorrow, and there is an AMA in r/lego with the creative director of all the Lego Star Wars too. I think it's weird to make the AMA right before announcing the set. If I had to bet, I'd put all my 100$ tiles it will be announced tomorrow.

Edited by hachiroku

13 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Why Friday? Are there any source?

The Celebration starts tomorrow, and there is an AMA in r/lego with the creative director of all the Lego Star Wars too. I think it's weird to make the AMA right before announcing the set. If I had to bet, I'd put all my 100$ tiles it will be announced tomorrow.

lots of sources.

beyond that, friday is perfect as it is the large lego star wars panel at celebration. tomorrow at celebration is basically photo ops and autographs. nothing big happens. friday. that is what i have been told. take it for what it is worth.

Leaked image on instagram. Looks... strange? Somehow looks smaller (maybe thinner) than the 2009 one, but I'm sure it's bigger.

Box looks like a UCS set box (despite some differences). Interior space in cockit and main body (main body has Leia sitting at a table, I think? Like in the 2009 Tantive). Cockpit looks like it's using the cone piece from the Millenium Falcon cockpit.

Edited by Terrasher

Looks like the tantive IV set leaks. Proportions look off. The airplane fins were a grievance for me with the previous model and they seem to be there again, which is a shame. The fins really limited how one could pick up the model.

The 10 year Anniversary Tantive was my first big lego purchase, was hoping for an improvement. That looks a big narrower in parts, and until it can be seen in better detail, Im not sure it is much improved! I guess I can save for the next big no name set, or UCS, or whatever it may be.

Having a box similar to UCS, but not. And no anniversary labels like the 10 year one is odd as well.

I think I'm disappointed

It kind of looks busy to me. Maybe the greys pop out too much? Anyways, these are the first blurry pictures. Surely the official pics will make the set look more appealing.

Yeesh, its even more anorexic than the 2009 one. And are those friggin stud shooters on it? I guess we know why its not labelled UCS...

In all seriousness though it looks really small. Maybe its actually not taking the May 4th UCS slot after all, it doesn't look big enough to IMO.

stud shooters and spring missiles!!!!!!!!

good thing this is not UCS or the collective community would blow a gasket.

Looks like Leia, Bail, 3po, R2, rebel soldier and Antilles. 

Just now, fsuz32 said:

Where can we see it?

#legoleaks on instagram 

1 minute ago, Tidy said:

stud shooters and spring missiles!!!!!!!!

good thing this is not UCS or the collective community would blow a gasket.

Dont give them so much credit, they'll blow a gasket anyway

It’s like I was just saying. It’s a good looking set but much smaller than I wanted it to be. 100% should have made it a UCS set and made it bigger. If this is $200 I’ll be frustrated 

The "neck" of the 2009 one was 6-8 studs wide, is this one the "neck" is 4-6 studs, despite of having a bigger cockpit piece.

latest?cb=20090428165017

1476703400_3697_10198-1-1.jpg

EDIT: I think the new cockpit makes it looks weird, but overall, the new one looks better

Edited by hachiroku

why is everyone one upset? it looks like a great play set. those fins bother me, but it's something i can live with. i'm excited for may 4th now

2 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

Dont give them so much credit, they'll blow a gasket anyway

oh yeah ... lol

3 minutes ago, fluffyducks4 said:

why is everyone one upset? it looks like a great play set. those fins bother me, but it's something i can live with. i'm excited for may 4th now

Cant make everyone happy. When I think I May the 4th, I think UCS set, not a playset. People who don't have a Tantive IV and like playsets will be happy. People who wanted an improved UCS version of the 10 year anniversary will be disappointed. 

Bright side, more money for a hopeful amazing ISD later this year, and if not there are some great MOC's!

Disappointed due to lack of proportions. At $200 it's an easy pass for me. Save for the hopeful non non ucs star destroyer later in the year. 

As someone who did not get the 2009 Tantive IV I am unite pleased with the set. I like that it is a playset, it makes for storing/displaying the minifigures a bit easier. I’ll have a better stance on this set once more images are revealed but as it stands, this is a set I want to get on May 4th. I will be removing the stud shooters from the build, however.

Edited by Henry Bricklider

I think the picture of the box makes it looks disproportionate it, because the ship depends a lot on the angle you see it. For example, comparing the Lego version with this picture it looks really good and with good proportions:

Corellian-Corvette.jpg

1 minute ago, hachiroku said:

I think the picture of the box makes it looks disproportionate it, because the ship depends a lot on the angle you see it. For example, comparing the Lego version with this picture it looks really good and with good proportions:

Corellian-Corvette.jpg

I think you’re right. I don’t think the box art of any set does the actual model justice and I end up being much more pleased with the product in hand.

I think it looks pretty good for what it is. I don't have any of the previous ones so this will be a good opportunity. 

The neck definitely is too skinny. It should be about 1/3 the width of the front end, so six studs rather than four. Not terrible as it is, but there's no good reason for it not to be correct.