Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

To be fair I don't think Lego's model in placing exclusive figures to expensive sets has really changed since I've been back into Lego for over a decade.

If anything, the figures are becoming easier to get hold of. Even on the secondary market. I'm not a completist when it comes to the entire theme but I am in regards to OT based figures and there's nothing that's been remotely OTT when it comes to trying to get hold of it.

CC gave us loads of figures, several of which were exclusive... but even then we're getting CC pilots in the Advent Calendar. Most of the other exclusive figures are available very reasonably on the secondary market anyway. We got four of the Bounty Hunters in a BP and even though Zuckuss is in a £120 set to complete them he's also available for around £10-£12 on the secondary market too. That's not extravagant to me. Nothing exclusive from the Falcon except for the head prints (which most people can live without). Even figures from the DS are available at reasonable prices.

It wasn't that long ago people were complaining that Vader was only in expensive sets.

the non-UCS, non-MBS, non-20th anniversary set 75244 will be revealed friday at star wars celebration.

it is now confirmed to be a tantive iv ... [not that that should shock anyone] ...

11 minutes ago, Tidy said:

the non-UCS, non-MBS, non-20th anniversary...

40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...

Just now, Robianco said:

40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...

Enough, I get the point!

26 minutes ago, Tidy said:

the non-UCS, non-MBS, non-20th anniversary set 75244 will be revealed friday at star wars celebration.

it is now confirmed to be a tantive iv ... [not that that should shock anyone] ...

Then I'm curious what is it labelled for?

8 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Then I'm curious what is it labelled for?

from what i gather, there is no label ... just a normal average system set ... albeit larger than most ... then again, the last tantive was not a UCS either ... just called anniversary edition ... 

i was kinda hoping that this would carry the 20th anniversary packaging ... 

15 minutes ago, Tidy said:

from what i gather, there is no label ... just a normal average system set ... albeit larger than most ... then again, the last tantive was not a UCS either ... just called anniversary edition ... 

Anything can happen...but I was hoping that too..:look:

1 minute ago, Jockos said:

Anything can happen...

truth ... [and it usually does] 

the biggest take away is that it will be announced friday at celebration and i wouldn't be shocked if images surfaced before that ... however, for this one, i hope that it is a complete surprise when they announce it ...

I'm surprised it isn't going to have any branding. The 20th Anniversary boxes look GREAT, and this would be a perfect use for it if it's not going to have the official UCS seal.

If it's not a UCS set, will it have the unofficial-UCS signal of an info plate?

Edited by autolycus

I don't care if UCS or not, we are getting a Tantive IV, that's all that matters.

The only thing that cares is my wallet, because this probably means one more expensive set to buy.

35 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I don't care if UCS or not, we are getting a Tantive IV, that's all that matters.

The only thing that cares is my wallet, because this probably means one more expensive set to buy.

Same. Only 1 of 2 large sets I’m missing. Tantive IV and ISD. Hopefully gonna be a great year! :)

If the 75244 is not a UCS, do you think we will see another secret UCS set this May? I think it would be odd if TLG just discontinued the annual May the 4th UCS set, but then again it is the 20th Anniversary and for what I can tell according to Brickset no UCS set was released in 2009 (10th Anniversary) either.

Completely off topic but do you think we will see a remake of the 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle in near future?

Looking forward to the reveal. I guess we'll have to wait until the 30th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars for the next Tantive IV after this one? :tongue:

Just now, Terrasher said:

Looking forward to the reveal. I guess we'll have to wait until the 30th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars for the next Tantive IV after this one? :tongue:

You’re probably right :head_back: But I think I’ll be satisfied with this one for the next 10 years. I missed out on the 2009 one so this is really big for me. The Tantive IV is my favorite Star Wars ship.

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

To be fair I don't think Lego's model in placing exclusive figures to expensive sets has really changed since I've been back into Lego for over a decade.

If anything, the figures are becoming easier to get hold of. Even on the secondary market. I'm not a completist when it comes to the entire theme but I am in regards to OT based figures and there's nothing that's been remotely OTT when it comes to trying to get hold of it.

CC gave us loads of figures, several of which were exclusive... but even then we're getting CC pilots in the Advent Calendar. Most of the other exclusive figures are available very reasonably on the secondary market anyway. We got four of the Bounty Hunters in a BP and even though Zuckuss is in a £120 set to complete them he's also available for around £10-£12 on the secondary market too. That's not extravagant to me. Nothing exclusive from the Falcon except for the head prints (which most people can live without). Even figures from the DS are available at reasonable prices.

It wasn't that long ago people were complaining that Vader was only in expensive sets.

Completely agree. Everyone always complains about lego being overpriced and exclusive figures in expensive sets and whatnot, but it's really not that bad.

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

So was I, maybe with a 20th stormtrooper or something

But i can still hope for rebel friend to make a physical appearance

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

Non-UCS? The May 4th D2C is always UCS

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Non-UCS? The May 4th D2C is always UCS

only sith deal in absolutes.

and there's a first time for everything.

and this has come from A LOT of different sources now. so. //shrug

Just now, Tidy said:

and there's a first time for everything.

and this has come from A LOT of different sources now. so. //shrug

Wow that’s unexpected. So is it still a D2C? The piece count makes it the right size for UCS. I wonder why they aren’t labeling it as such. And is this set in the place of a UCS May 4th set it are we getting a UCS as well? So many questions, I know, but it’s a very curious circumstance

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wow that’s unexpected. So is it still a D2C? The piece count makes it the right size for UCS. I wonder why they aren’t labeling it as such. And is this set in the place of a UCS May 4th set it are we getting a UCS as well? So many questions, I know, but it’s a very curious circumstance

I'd be very surprised if we got this Tantive IV as well as another UCS set. I wonder how TLG labels things UCS or Master Builder. If this Tantive IV is UCS-sized but has play functions like a normal set, why not label it Master Builder? Maybe TLG just wants to keep with the same trend as the Tantive from 2009.

Rumored price is 200$, right?

3 minutes ago, Tidy said:

?

Maybe Lego just got fed up of the UCS/MBS argument so decided to just let people call it whatever they want. Matters not I think.

28 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

?

Maybe Lego just got fed up of the UCS/MBS argument so decided to just let people call it whatever they want. Matters not I think.

I think they’ll carry on with the labels, they created the MBS just last year for that very reason. But regardless, my point isn’t that it should be labeled one thing or another, but that maybe it just isn’t the set we’re all expecting it to be, which is a modern remake of the original UCS blockade runner. If it isn’t UCS or MBS, then isnit just another 20th Anniversary set? If it isn’t UCS then maybe the piece count and price range isn’t high enough to warrant that stamp, I’m just hoping we’re not all sorely disappointed

31 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

?

I suspect this is very close to the truth. All the completionists be like :cry2: