Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 4/1/2019 at 2:09 PM, Terrasher said:

UCS Y-Wing was revealed on april 3rd. What are the odds we get the reveal for the May 4th UCS this week?

Well, the Y-Wing appeared in a store at the end of March. They didn't have any reason to keep the secret.

I'm surprised how are they managing the Tantive release. We didn't even get any description yet.

53 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

What is the Wat Tambor polybag they have pictures of instagram, must be a joke right? Not like I wouldn't think it's fantastic, it's just such an unlikely choice.

100% fake.

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Well, the Y-Wing appeared in a store at the end of March. They didn't have any reason to keep the secret.

I'm surprised how are they managing the Tantive release. We didn't even get any description yet. 

SW Celebration this week seems a likely reveal. If not, then I would truely believe the current online chatter about Lego losing touch with AFOLs.

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Yeah, it's weird. Do we have anything on a may the 4rth polybag? Hoping it's not a build like the last few years.

39 minutes ago, Markalus said:

SW Celebration this week seems a likely reveal. If not, then I would truely believe the current online chatter about Lego losing touch with AFOLs.

dang this week? Be ready for trailers for the 5000 things coming out to overanalyze.

I've heard rumors that the OG bounty hunters will be in the mandalorian and now I'm waiting for Zuckuss to show up in some $20 set the second I buy my slave 1.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, it's weird. Do we have anything on a may the 4rth polybag? Hoping it's not a build like the last few years.

dang this week? Be ready for trailers for the 5000 things coming out to overanalyze.

I've heard rumors that the OG bounty hunters will be in the mandalorian and now I'm waiting for Zuckuss to show up in some $20 set the second I buy my slave 1.

It’s been uncharacteristicly quiet, even on a potential May the 4th promo polybag. I wouldn’t mind if Zuckuss didn’t stay exclusive to the 20th Anniversary Slave-1 if it means we get great new sets from The Mandalorian. Plus, the Slave-1 is a awesome set in its own right. :classic:

The flyer someone posted suggests there’s an in-store build event on May 4. Have they done that in the past? Is it any type of hint as to what promo they might do?

Cant say I’ve ever been to a build event before. 

Picked up the new Lego SW visual dictionary.

Have to say it's pretty disappointing, especially compared to the Ultimate LSW book that came out a couple of yeas ago.

There's 3 sections covering PT, OT and ST sets and a little bit of fluff at the end about the design team/process. No updated minifig line up and the included fig is so undesirable I doubt I'll ever remove it.

Also in Australia no sign of the Drop Ship/Scout Walker 20th Anniversary sets yet except at ToyWorld. I guess I'll wait to see what the May 4th offers are this year and order them direct from Lego rather than pay full RRP at Toyworld.

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

Wow, an entire wave of battlepacks!

I choked on my coffee you damn monster :cry2:

4 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Darn what is it with those prices? 
This is so weird it's getting harder and harder if you are a collector to keep up with the minifigs lineup being so many "exclusives" figs tied to super big sets and now there are even more expensive sets.

Worse part is that the prices seems something like lego would actually do.

Darn it.

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

2 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

The same (well, it was tap water actually). :snicker:

What can I say except you're welcome? :D

3 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Darn what is it with those prices? 
This is so weird it's getting harder and harder if you are a collector to keep up with the minifigs lineup being so many "exclusives" figs tied to super big sets and now there are even more expensive sets.

Worse part is that the prices seems something like lego would actually do.

Darn it.

Watch them put Zuckuss in all of those sets

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

What can I say except you're welcome? :D

Watch them put Zuckuss in all of those sets

Hehe, rather hope not. You can bricklink Zuckuss now for about 10 euros, it's already too many repeated minifigures as it is. 

I actually would be happy with a wave of only battle packs. Like how many figures would a 160 euro set include? Like 40? That would be lovely!

6 hours ago, Procrastinathan said:

Wow, an entire wave of battlepacks!

Can someone explain the joke to me?

1 hour ago, Dukeside said:

Can someone explain the joke to me?

They are (I believe) jokingly commenting on and calling attention to the high prices of the wave, by joking that they must all be battle packs (normally the cheapest sets). :)

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

They are (I believe) jokingly commenting on and calling attention to the high prices of the wave, by joking that they must all be battle packs (normally the cheapest sets). :)

Thanks. I get it now. :)

5 hours ago, mitzab said:

This is so weird it's getting harder and harder if you are a collector to keep up with the minifigs lineup being so many "exclusives" figs tied to super big sets and now there are even more expensive sets

I’ve always been one to defend LEGO and their pricing but it’s gone on far enough. The price per piece may have stayed the same over the years but the number of pieces in sets certainly haven’t. Models get smaller and smaller while the piece count keeps going up. I’ve never minded paying so much for LEGO because of the quality but the value isn’t there in sets anymore. Printing errors are increasingly common, sets have less play features, there’s more stickers than ever before.

LEGO needs to make a change now if it’s going to keep it’s more dedicated customers. All the parents I know have stopped buying LEGO for their kids due to the insanely high prices. 

10 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Why are they so expensive?!?!?!?!??!? 

8 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

lol I would kill for a wave of battlepacks too

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Why are they so expensive?!?!?!?!??!? 

lol I would kill for a wave of battlepacks too

The prices seem out of hand in isolation, but some of them make sense. The rumors/leaks are: 

75253 seems to be the Boost set. That price is in line with what I'd expect.

75254 First Order AT-ST -- this one seems high at $50/60e. I'm hoping there's more to it than just an AT-ST!

75255 Buildable Yoda -- price is high, but is the same as the BB-8 and Porg, IIRC. I imagine it will be readily available for 20% off, putting it into an ok price range.

75256 First Order Shuttle -- The shuttles have tended to be pretty big sets lately and if there are good minifigures, $130 is a little high but not crazy.

75257 MF -- Yeah, these are just expensive. They're a good size, usually have a few desirable minifigures, and I'm sure sell really well even though there's a new variant every couple years. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Leia and/or "old Lando" figure that's exclusive to this set that will be highly sought after. 

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

75257 MF -- Yeah, these are just expensive. They're a good size, usually have a few desirable minifigures, and I'm sure sell really well even though there's a new variant every couple years. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Leia and/or "old Lando" figure that's exclusive to this set that will be highly sought after. 

I love the Falcon, but seriously... another one? ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, autolycus said:

The prices seem out of hand in isolation, but some of them make sense. The rumors/leaks are: 

75253 seems to be the Boost set. That price is in line with what I'd expect.

75254 First Order AT-ST -- this one seems high at $50/60e. I'm hoping there's more to it than just an AT-ST!

75255 Buildable Yoda -- price is high, but is the same as the BB-8 and Porg, IIRC. I imagine it will be readily available for 20% off, putting it into an ok price range.

75256 First Order Shuttle -- The shuttles have tended to be pretty big sets lately and if there are good minifigures, $130 is a little high but not crazy.

I remember the boost and Yoda rumors, but where are the rest of these coming from?

Please keep in mind this is not the place to complain about TLG's pricing model.

12 hours ago, thorin said:

I love the Falcon, but seriously... another one? ??‍♂️

Well, yeah. The 2015 one is retired, so the ones available right now are the Kessel Run version and the UCS. The two ships that I won't ever complain about them repeating are the standard Falcon and OT X-Wing; I tend to think that there should always be a version of each available since those are the two basic ships pretty much any Star Wars collection should have (and that kids should want). It seems like there are a lot of Falcons recently because of the Kessel Run version, but for all intents and purposes that's a completely different ship. Assuming the Falcon features reasonably heavily in Episode IX (as it did in VII but not in VIII), it would be weird for them not to include it.

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I remember the boost and Yoda rumors, but where are the rest of these coming from?

All of these are listed here: