Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Might already be known but looks like the previously US exclusive Lego Star Wars Mystery Box will shortly be hitting Europe, orders placed between the 11th and 15th of £85 or more will get it.

Still no Australia? :(

12 hours ago, Markalus said:

Is it confirmed the Dropship is a Toyworld exclusive? Or it just hasn’t shipped to other retailers yet? It would seem an odd choice for an exclusive.  

I think we should just wait for now...

Sir Von Lego you're back!

And the kessel miner is avaliable on Shop@home Australia now

Just ordered my legos today, only the endor action battle and 2 smallest 20th sets. 

For all the people finding them overpriced at stores in australia, the US site was not updating with the sets for a while at least for me, so try checking shop at home again maybe?

Anyone else competing in that ideas contest? I want those sets lol.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just ordered my legos today, only the endor action battle and 2 smallest 20th sets. 

For all the people finding them overpriced at stores in australia, the US site was not updating with the sets for a while at least for me, so try checking shop at home again maybe?

Anyone else competing in that ideas contest? I want those sets lol.

Yup I'm entering a couple submissions. Hopefully i atleast get 2nd or 3rd because i really want to get the 20th anniversary slave 1. Its a really nice set but I just can't afford it myself rn. Good luck to you aswell btw!

Edited by blujay563

For those here in New Zealand and it seems to me Australia now (Didn't realise Toy world was in Australia),Toy world seems to have the drop ship as an exclusive ,which is very odd ,ive being collecting for 20yrs ,and never can i recall a battle type pack being an exclusive here in new Zealand.It seems so far no one is selling  the resistance sets here ,although if I remember correctly ,the second Phantom with Thrawn was a late arrival in the chain store Farmers here,I never thought I see it here ,so was stocked it did make it.

The snow speeder too seems to be an exclusive here as well ,got mind today mail ordered it,I was rather surprised on the build as was thinking it had be closer to  the desert speeder set ,but was different ,and for a strange twist of fate ,despite collecting for 20yrs, I only never had the first snow speeder ,even thou it's being redone alot ,I have 3/4 of all sets released in the 20yrs, so feel kinda come full circle now i've got this anniversary one. The mini figs don't fit the same as the Sand speeder ,so was a little disappointed ,by easily fixed with a slight Mod

I'm curious what other people think about the anniversary snow speeder who have the other remakes  ,is this one better or worst ? I do think the Hoff trooper be better with a white hat ,i do like the different colou/rehash  uniform .

2 hours ago, Master Jedi said:

For those here in New Zealand and it seems to me Australia now (Didn't realise Toy world was in Australia),Toy world seems to have the drop ship as an exclusive ,which is very odd ,ive being collecting for 20yrs ,and never can i recall a battle type pack being an exclusive here in new Zealand.It seems so far no one is selling  the resistance sets here ,although if I remember correctly ,the second Phantom with Thrawn was a late arrival in the chain store Farmers here,I never thought I see it here ,so was stocked it did make it.

Im not sure Australian Toy World and NZ Toyworld are the same. I hear NZ Toyworld has sales, Aus Toyworld I dont think has ever had a sale of any kind, not in the past 5 years at least, just very rare clearance deals on specific sets. But I dont think the dropship is being treated as a battle pack anyway (certainly its price isn't). IIRC the only Rebels sets that showed up in Australia were the first wave, so I suppose its not surprising that the Resistance sets arent either.

Does anyone know whats going on with the Scout Walker over here? Thats not available in most places too.

Edited by Magmafrost

I have just seen the reviews of the 20th Ann. Snowspeeder again, and it irks me to no end that Luke and Dax wear X-Wing flightsuits and NOT the slightly different Hoth flightsuits. WHYYY?

Edited by Moff Muffins
spelling

22 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Yup I'm entering a couple submissions. Hopefully i atleast get 2nd or 3rd because i really want to get the 20th anniversary slave 1. Its a really nice set but I just can't afford it myself rn. Good luck to you aswell btw!

good luck to you too man.

8 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Yes! I might buy it at target but if bricklinking the parts is cheaper I know what I'm doing.

12 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Im not sure Australian Toy World and NZ Toyworld are the same. I hear NZ Toyworld has sales, Aus Toyworld I dont think has ever had a sale of any kind, not in the past 5 years at least, just very rare clearance deals on specific sets. But I dont think the dropship is being treated as a battle pack anyway (certainly its price isn't). IIRC the only Rebels sets that showed up in Australia were the first wave, so I suppose its not surprising that the Resistance sets arent either.

Does anyone know whats going on with the Scout Walker over here? Thats not available in most places too.

Very good point about the scout walker ,it hasn't shown up anywhere in New Zealand ,I have no idea about the Toy world in Oz and New Zealand ,just caught my attention when mentioned both had the Anniversary drop ship as an exclusive ,with out getting into trouble here mentioning it ,you right about the price point  ,not being a battle pack price.I do prefer the older shadow trooper helmets with silver eyes.Does anyone else like the new helmet for shadow troopers having black eyes ? 

2 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

I have just seen the reviews of the 20th Ann. Snowspeeder again, and it irks me to no end that Luke and Dax wear X-Wing flightsuits and NOT the slightly different Hoth flightsuits. WHYYY?

Totally agree ,i thought a bit lazy on lego's part ,i didn't even notice it ,until i put the figures together ,and thought ,is it a mistake ,no it's not

I do prefer the older shadow trooper helmets with silver eyes.Does anyone else like the new helmet for shadow troopers having black eyes ?

They've been depicted differently in different media. My understanding is that in the recent Battlefront (which is presumably what LEGO's basing the figure on) the lenses are supposed to be black but highly reflective, causing them to often look silver. You can see that under neutral lighting conditions they're very dark. As a result, I think it looks good to have a mix of ones with black and silver printed eyes, since that's what you'd see if you had a group of them all reflecting the light from slightly different angles. The 501st's Costume Reference Library allows certification of mirrored, black, or silver lenses.

drop ship as an exclusive ,with out getting into trouble here mentioning it ,you right about the price point  ,not being a battle pack price

Yeah, but you also have to think, it includes an "exclusive collectable minifigure" (old school Han)

30 minutes ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Yeah, but you also have to think, it includes an "exclusive collectable minifigure" (old school Han)

Yeah, but you also have to think, does that really justify the increase in price by ~$15?

5 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Which non of us need an army of or rich enough to buy the sets in bulk for $15 more for each set...

20 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

They've been depicted differently in different media. My understanding is that in the recent Battlefront (which is presumably what LEGO's basing the figure on) the lenses are supposed to be black but highly reflective, causing them to often look silver. You can see that under neutral lighting conditions they're very dark. As a result, I think it looks good to have a mix of ones with black and silver printed eyes, since that's what you'd see if you had a group of them all reflecting the light from slightly different angles. The 501st's Costume Reference Library allows certification of mirrored, black, or silver lenses.

Yes, they have lots of different iterations throughout the games, comics, etc. I think the 2008 ones are from the comics, and the 2015 ones were some made-up design by lego, but the new ones are from battlefront like you said.

I hated those troopers in the 2015 battlefront. Those flashbang grenades were so frustrating.

13 hours ago, Reaper said:

Which non of us need an army of or rich enough to buy the sets in bulk for $15 more for each set...

What are you talking about? We all need an army of 15 or so vintage han solo minifigures with massive 20th anniversary back prints!:roflmao:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, they have lots of different iterations throughout the games, comics, etc. I think the 2008 ones are from the comics, and the 2015 ones were some made-up design by lego, but the new ones are from battlefront like you said.

I hated those troopers in the 2015 battlefront. Those flashbang grenades were so frustrating.

The ones from 2015 are based on the shadow troopers from The Force Unleashed, which are a different trooper entirely and not just a different depiction. Before the canon reset in 2014, shadow troopers, shadowtroopers, and shadow stormtroopers were all different things (I hate that they wiped the Expanded Universe, but I don't miss crap like this). The all-black LEGO depictions were shadow stormtroopers and the grey ones were shadow troopers (the names of the figures given on Bricklink are switched, naturally, but ignore those). In the current canon the all-black guys are called shadow troopers, and the grey ones that used to be called shadow troopers aren't canon and don't have a name. The LEGO figures in 2007-8 were based on either Crimson Empire or Star Wars Galaxies; 2015 was based on TFU; and 2019 are based on the recent Battlefront games. Long story short, black and silver eyes are both OK and it's a matter of personal preference.

I picked up the 20th anniversary Slave I yesterday. It's a fantastic set, super solid with a surprising amount of heft to it. The handle is such a great addition even if it splits the top rear thruster in half. My only issues with it are really minor like the laser canons and wings not moving in tandem, the control panel being too far away from the pilot seat, and the transition between the brick built area on the fuselage and the angled plate section could've been a bit smoother but overall it's an amazing set. Nothing will ever compete  with the UCS but this set definitely gives it a run for its money. I can definitely see myself picking it up and swooshing it from time to time. I just hope they finally give us an updated version of Jango Fett's Slave 1 someday. I definitely think they could do enough different with it to make it worth it, especially in terms of play features and possible minifig selection, especially if they finally included a Kaminoan! 

I wish it was Jango Slave. I’d probably have purchased it then! Meanwhile I’m F5ing over here waiting for this Tantive IV release. 

Agreed, with Jango's being preferable... THis one does give us Zuckuss though.

I ordered the walker and dropship through S@H, not hunting in Australia for them.  Was a worthwhile use of my VIP points.

So I just saw an image on instagram supposedly of the new UCS Star Destroyer! 

It comes with the original emperor minifigure.

edit its reportedly an April fools day joke ?‍♂️?

Edited by Legofan2001

1 hour ago, PrisonBrick said:

75244 in retail store from august (shop & official store from may)?

Sounds about right. All the other UCS sets turned up at other retailers after a short window.

For aussies after the dropship and AT-RT... was just in my local Toyworld and apparently the sets aren’t exclusives, but that still doesn’t explain why they’re nowhere else. They also reminded me about the Hogwarts Express from last year, which started out as a Toyworld exclusive but is now everywhere. Very annoying if that will be the case with these ones. 

What is the Wat Tambor polybag they have pictures of instagram, must be a joke right? Not like I wouldn't think it's fantastic, it's just such an unlikely choice.