Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If u guys hsvent seen, there is even no april calendar yet so.,,

There is now. :) Nothing interesting though. :(

Edited by BacktoBricks

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, BrickBuilder1 said:

Absolutely. And throwing in those collectable 20th Anniversary minifigs was a great idea to get fans to "collect them all"

So the 20th anniversary sets will have exclusive minifigures and not just the same minifigures as the old sets?

39 minutes ago, legolandia said:

So the 20th anniversary sets will have exclusive minifigures and not just the same minifigures as the old sets?

Each of the five 20th Anniversary sets comes with a yellow-flesh minifig made after one from before about 2003, but with the 20th Anniversary logo on the back. The figures are Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, and Vader. These figures are exclusive to the new sets, but since the new sets aren't replicas of old sets I'm not certain I'm interpreting your question correctly.

15 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Each of the five 20th Anniversary sets comes with a yellow-flesh minifig made after one from before about 2003, but with the 20th Anniversary logo on the back. The figures are Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, and Vader. These figures are exclusive to the new sets, but since the new sets aren't replicas of old sets I'm not certain I'm interpreting your question correctly.

Thank you. My mistake. I thought the 20th anniversary sets would be replicas of the old versions but I was mistaken. Will the rest of the minifigures in the sets be different from those in the old versions or will they be re-vamped as well?

Edited by legolandia

3 minutes ago, legolandia said:

Thank you. My mistake. I thought the 20th anniversary sets would be replicas of the old versions but I was mistaken. Will the rest of the minifigures in the sets be different from those in the old versions or will they be re-vamped as well?

...we’ve had photos of these sets for months and they’re starting to turn up in stores. The pictures will show you that the rest of the minifigures are all new just like the models in the sets

8 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

...we’ve had photos of these sets for months and they’re starting to turn up in stores. The pictures will show you that the rest of the minifigures are all new just like the models in the sets

And for anyone who hasn't seen the leaked pictures, the sets are up on shop.lego.com already if you filter by 'coming soon'; they officially release tomorrow. The five are all called '________ 20th Anniversary Edition'.

7 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

And for anyone who hasn't seen the leaked pictures, the sets are up on shop.lego.com already if you filter by 'coming soon'; they officially release tomorrow. The five are all called '________ 20th Anniversary Edition'.

I can't wait. Was out of town last week so I was unable to hunt them down pre-release.

18 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yeah we've had official images for months now.

I didn’t realize there was printing on the back torso. That’s horrible. I guess I’ll save some money though. 

22 minutes ago, Dukeside said:

I didn’t realize there was printing on the back torso. That’s horrible. I guess I’ll save some money though. 

Well, Vader's and Lando's are covered by the capes. And I don't think any of the original figures had any printing on the back, so if you really want the originals you can pretty easily remove the printing from the backs of the new ones.

Honestly, the only part of the Anniversary figures that matters is Lando's cape. You can get all the original figures for, like, $30 on Bricklink except for Lando with an original cape; that costs $120. Does anybody know whether the new cape is identical to the one from the 2003 Cloud City? You can tell from the pictures that it's the same unprinted pattern (unlike the one in Betrayal at Cloud City), but is it the new or old-style material?

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Well, Vader's and Lando's are covered by the capes. And I don't think any of the original figures had any printing on the back, so if you really want the originals you can pretty easily remove the printing from the backs of the new ones.

Honestly, the only part of the Anniversary figures that matters is Lando's cape. You can get all the original figures for, like, $30 on Bricklink except for Lando with an original cape; that costs $120. Does anybody know whether the new cape is identical to the one from the 2003 Cloud City? You can tell from the pictures that it's the same unprinted pattern (unlike the one in Betrayal at Cloud City), but is it the new or old-style material?

It's not necessarily that I wanted the original figures, although I guess I do, but I don't want figures with a big text on the back. I probably have most of the figures already except Lando, I'll have to do some research.... It appears you are correct. Maybe $50-$60 or so for all the minifigs, I couldn't figure out which Vader it is but it's common enough. I wonder how much the 20th anniversary minifigs will go for.

Edited by Dukeside

I hope this sorts itself out in the future, but for now it appears LEGO has shafted us Aussies yet again. 

I’ve checked the websites for Kmart, Target, Myer, Big W and toyworld for the new sets. Big W has none of them listed, the dropship is nowhere to be found and the only place with the AT-RT and resistance sets is Toyworld. Didn’t pay much attention to the battle sets but I think most of them are only at Toyworld as well. 

To have most of the sets exclusive to Toyworld is ridiculous. They never drop below RRP and they’re still selling some 2016 sets for full price. I hope the sets make their way to all other stores, but more importantly the dropship better turn up somewhere soon. If LEGO has made it a S@H exclusive for us then that’s such a horrible move. $35 is way too much for that set, even with the new helmet and 5 figures.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

below RRP and they’re still selling some 2016 sets for full price. I hope the sets make their way to all other stores, but more importantly the dropship better turn up somewhere soon. If LEGO has made it a S@H exclusive for us then that’s such a horrible move. $35 is way too much for that set, even with the new helmet and 5 figures.

I have All 5 now.Drop ship and Walker seem to only be at Toyworld,at the Moment. It’s $35, Seriously you can’t afford That?

21 minutes ago, BrickBoy66 said:

I have All 5 now.Drop ship and Walker seem to only be at Toyworld,at the Moment. It’s $35, Seriously you can’t afford That?

To pay $35 for a battle pack is simply ridiculous. Their supposed to be bought in multiples, and once you do that, the price goes up sky high.

Even at $20 I dont buy them, only when they're discounted

They'd better be avaliable at kmart :damn:

Edited by Reaper

5 minutes ago, BrickBoy66 said:

I don’t appreciate your condescending nature. Just because you and I can afford $35 for a ship that doesn’t make it a fair price, especially considering the old version was only $16. The set is 30 cents a piece! Sure, it has 5 minifigures and double the pieces of the old set... but the main build only comes up to 12cm long according to the website description. For $35 I expect way more out of a set. The set has the potential to be the best selling set of the wave, but making it exclusive to a store that doesn’t price competitively is certainly going to hurt it’s sales. 

2 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t appreciate your condescending nature. Just because you and I can afford $35 for a ship that doesn’t make it a fair price, especially considering the old version was only $16. The set is 30 cents a piece! Sure, it has 5 minifigures and double the pieces of the old set... but the main build only comes up to 12cm long according to the website description. For $35 I expect way more out of a set. The set has the potential to be the best selling set of the wave, but making it exclusive to a store that doesn’t price competitively is certainly going to hurt it’s sales. 

The sets are listed online at Kmart now, EXCEPT FOR THE DROPSHIP:wall:

Someof them are labelled as coming soon though

Target has them listed too, but Big W doesn't seem to

To help my point, Kmart has the podracer for $39. The podracer has 280 pieces... that’s more than double the pieces for only $4 more. The price of the dropship is just too high.

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

The sets are listed online at Kmart now, EXCEPT FOR THE DROPSHIP:wall:

Someof them are labelled as coming soon though

Target has them listed too, but Big W doesn't seem to

I don’t see the AT-RT on Kmarts website either

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

To help my point, Kmart has the podracer for $39. The podracer has 280 pieces... that’s more than double the pieces for only $4 more. The price of the dropship is just too high.

I don’t see the AT-RT on Kmarts website either

Is it confirmed the Dropship is a Toyworld exclusive? Or it just hasn’t shipped to other retailers yet? It would seem an odd choice for an exclusive.  

I feel like everyone should just chill out and wait a bit before freaking out. If I remember right, Big W usually updates its website a few days late. If the sets still aren't available in a few days time at Big W, Target or Kmart, then it'll be worth getting upset about. 

Might already be known but looks like the previously US exclusive Lego Star Wars Mystery Box will shortly be hitting Europe, orders placed between the 11th and 15th of £85 or more will get it.

19 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

There is now. :) Nothing interesting though. :(

Yes, so strange they hold it back, if not they want to stop release it in advance permanently

UCS Y-Wing was revealed on april 3rd. What are the odds we get the reveal for the May 4th UCS this week?

This morning on the lego shop UK VIP promotion page has an announcement that the 5 polybag box (5005704) set would be available 11-15th April in some European countries on SW purchases over £85. 

I think it's the same one from America last year

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/page/lego-offers-promotions?icmp=SW-SHB-EG-NO-promol-127-10

Edited by azzer86
Set number and link added

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

UCS Y-Wing was revealed on april 3rd. What are the odds we get the reveal for the May 4th UCS this week?

Never tell me the odds. They may hold back the reveal till Star Wars celebration in a couple of weeks. I’m actually impressed there have been no leaked images! 

12 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It's different. Sadly that figure's cape was unique (check out Bricklink's notes on it), and I don't think we'll ever see it again. Best we can do is get the replica. Looks good, but not quite the same if a nostalgic and faithful recreation is what you're after. :(

No sure if I am able to post it here but you can at the moment win the old sets from 7130,7144,7667,7131 and 7250 by buying the new collection at www.jb-Spielwaren.de

aritten only in German, but it allows orders from Europe.