Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, marksable said:

Do we know whether there will be any interior for the Tantive IV?  I am confused by the UCS/MBS designations and what they might mean for the set.

UCS = build it, then place it somewhere and admire it -> ucs falcon/slave I/y-wing

MBS = build it, then play with it -> cloud city/assault on hoth.

Tantive IV should be UCS regardless of interior. Haven't seen anything about interior = unclear if there will be any.

1 hour ago, marksable said:

Do we know whether there will be any interior for the Tantive IV?  I am confused by the UCS/MBS designations and what they might mean for the set.

They mean nothing for this set, insofar as whether or not there will be an interior.  The UCS Falcon has some interior areas, and few would argue that it's a UCS.  The Tantive IV is almost certainly going to be UCS (a display-caliber ship) as opposed to MBS (Assault on Hoth, Betrayal at Cloud City, and possibly retroactively Ewok Village, Death Star playset, etc.).  The latter designation seems to have been created to placate AFOLs who find those sets inaccurate, full of unnecessary play features, disjointed, or generally poor for display.  Ultimately, it's LEGO's call as to what logo, if any, is going to be put on the box, but I think we can safely assume that the Tantive IV will be designed first with display in mind.  Sure, there are some ambiguous sets in mind, such as the Sandcrawler, which UCS with play features and no stand, but it seems safe to say that the new designation for D2C Star Wars sets are based around the sets, and not the other way around.

One thing to keep in mind is that a minifigure scale Tantive IV would be several meters long, so any potential interior areas would have to be drastically out of scale with exterior design of the ship.  

EDIT: m4st3rt3ch beat me to it, but it seems like we agree.

Edited by RogueTwo

8 hours ago, marksable said:

Keep in mind its (supposedly) the May 4th UCS. Its almost certainly going to be about $200 US and comparable in overall size (to be 100% clear, NOT scale. Size) to the previous May 4th UCS sets (Y-wing, Slave I, Snowspeeder, X-wing, etc). Its not going to be massively big. Good chance IMO its smaller than the first UCS Tantive IV, at that size it could maybe have some rudimentary cockpit space for one or two minifigs.

But we can only guess, we hardly even know for sure that its actually a real set

Edited by Magmafrost

Personally I like the idea of small interiors. I don't care if they are out of scale due to ship size.

The removable section on the SSD revealing the bridge scene was on of my purchase grounds. 

Hopefully we see something similar now. 

6 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Personally I like the idea of small interiors. I don't care if they are out of scale due to ship size.

The removable section on the SSD revealing the bridge scene was on of my purchase grounds. 

I didn't realize the SSD had an interior!  As long as there is not a transparent cockpit window piece displaying 100 foot-tall minifigures, I'm okay with that!  

17 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Keep in mind its (supposedly) the May 4th UCS. Its almost certainly going to be about $200 US and comparable in overall size (to be 100% clear, NOT scale. Size) to the previous May 4th UCS sets (Y-wing, Slave I, Snowspeeder, X-wing, etc). Its not going to be massively big. Good chance IMO its smaller than the first UCS Tantive IV, at that size it could maybe have some rudimentary cockpit space for one or two minifigs.

But we can only guess, we hardly even know for sure that its actually a real set

You're right, it will probably be smaller than most people are expecting.  And it had better be a real set, or someone is really messing with me and setting me up for disappointment!  :vader:

6 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I completely agree, it's nice to be able to open large ships up and place figures into a diorama of a particular scene. I certainly think the famous hallway scene is a shoe-in given it's simplicity, it requires few pieces and it would be easy to include such an empty space inside of a large ship, not to mention it can serve the dual function of being the famous scene at the beginning of ANH and the famous scene at the end of RO :devil:. Let's just hope they provide us with some dead mea-- I mean generic Rebel soldiers. :tongue:

Regardless I'm glad Bail Organa will be included finally and he is a very well done minifig. 

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I completely agree, it's nice to be able to open large ships up and place figures into a diorama of a particular scene. I certainly think the famous hallway scene is a shoe-in given it's simplicity, it requires few pieces and it would be easy to include such an empty space inside of a large ship, not to mention it can serve the dual function of being the famous scene at the beginning of ANH and the famous scene at the end of RO :devil:. Let's just hope they provide us with some dead mea-- I mean generic Rebel soldiers. :tongue:

Regardless I'm glad Bail Organa will be included finally and he is a very well done minifig. 

Yes, that would be nice. I could see us getting cockpit space, and then hallway/interior on the sides of the ship, with the center being technic/support, similar to what they did with the republic frigate, but bigger.

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

This kind of interior scenes would greatly increase the value of the set. But then, for decent scenes, there should be in the set Vader, 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Rebel soldiers. Given that Leia, Antilles, C3PO and R2D2 should be there, that would count for 9 minifigs without Bail Organa.

The most recent system scale ISD and the FOSD both have quite nice interiors. The shape of the Tantive may be a bit more restrictive though.

Maybe they could do a Tantive corridor set one day in the same vein as the recent Death Star Escape set? Obvious play feature would be the door blowing off.

Funny thing is if that was the only scene you ever saw with the Stormtroopers in it you'd think they were the most elite, gung-ho troops in the galaxy...

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

This kind of interior scenes would greatly increase the value of the set. But then, for decent scenes, there should be in the set Vader, 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Rebel soldiers. Given that Leia, Antilles, C3PO and R2D2 should be there, that would count for 9 minifigs without Bail Organa.

I think we'll se bail but not the stormtroopers. That gives us 6-8 depending on wether or not the droids are included, a respectable amount. But who knows? Maybe it'll be like death star and we get crazy tons of figures, maybe we'll get just leia, raymus, and bail, and vader is the may the fourth.

Obviously stormtroopers would fit the set, but I honestly hope it doesn't have any. Is there anybody here who doesn't already have stormtroopers? There's a battle pack with three of them available right now if you need any. If the UCS sets have minifigures at all they should be new ones that aren't likely to show up in other sets. Bail and Captain Antilles are perfect examples. R2 and 3PO are probably a given, but I'd rather have somebody weird, like some of the other background droids and Rebel crew or Daine Jir.

Also, to clarify, the conclusion was that there is not a new Vader figure as far as anyone knows, yes? Somebody on Instagram just posted a picture of the Rogue One version and somebody else didn't recognize it.

3 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Also, to clarify, the conclusion was that there is not a new Vader figure as far as anyone knows, yes? Somebody on Instagram just posted a picture of the Rogue One version and somebody else didn't recognize it.

Yes as far as we know there is no new Vader in the set, or even a Vader in the set at all (although it would be a big surprise if he isn't included). Someone just posted a picture of the Rebels Vader and said something like 'could we get this Vader in the set?'.

Edited by BacktoBricks

75246 CONF_Playset2 - $19.99

75253 CONF_LSW_JAWS - $199.99

75248 CONF_GV_Ep9 - $29.99

75249 CONF_CORE7_Ep9 - $69.99

75250 CONF_CORE8_Ep9 - $39.99

75254 CONF_CORE9_Ep9 - $49.99

75255 CONF_CORE10_Ep9 - $99.99

75256 CONF_CORE11_Ep9 - $129.99

75257 CONF_CORE12_Ep9 - $159.99

I actually don’t think they’ll include Vader or Stormtroopers and just go with Leia, Bail, Antilles, a Fleet Trooper (or two) and then the droids. They like to have associated sets for some additional figures and the Dropship gives us Stormies so maybe if they were to add one Imperial it would be Vader. I suppose that would then give us the RO corridor scene at least if he was included.

Is there any indication yet as to what 75246 will be? Its piece count (159) seems quite low - lower in fact than the vignette in the Rey vs Kylo set. Could it be a Juniors set, or perhaps just a small vehicle-based set such as Luke's Landspeeder?

One of the biggest problems with getting a half decent interior into the Tantive is with the shape of the ship.

If its made to the correct proportions (big engines and slim body), the cockpit and main body will be too skinny for anything substantial to fit inside but if its made to fit any sort of 'scene' it's going to have to be bigger/bulkier than previous versions to keep to the correct proportions or end up looking like a hybrid of 10019 & 10198 to include the play features. (10198's 'interior' was at best minimalistic and wasn't really recognisable as any part of the film I saw).

Edited by Bandit778

On 3/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, Bandit778 said:

One of the biggest problems with getting a half decent interior into the Tantive is with the shape of the ship.

If its made to the correct proportions (big engines and slim body), the cockpit and main body will be too skinny for anything substantial to fit inside but if its made to fit any sort of 'scene' it's going to have to be bigger/bulkier than previous versions to keep to the correct proportions or end up looking like a hybrid of 10019 & 10198 to include the play features. (10198's 'interior' was at best minimalistic and wasn't really recognisable as any part of the film I saw).

I think they'll do something like the republic frigate, as I mentioned before, where the sides open up at the top, along with some cockpit space. I would love to be proven wrong, however, and get a hallway in the middle, with rooms on the sides. 

On Instagram somebody has posted a picture of the 20th anniversary sets at target. So definitely be on the look out for those. Those boxes sure look great.

Looks like the intagrammer by the name of infinite_bricks found most of the april 2019 sets but im wondering, are the resistance sets part of this wave or are they slated for a later release?

Edited by blujay563

21 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Looks like the intagrammer by the name of infinite_bricks found most of the april 2019 sets but im wondering, are the resistance sets part of this wave or are they slated for a later release?

they're part of this wave

2 hours ago, fluffyducks4 said:

they're part of this wave

Ah ok thx. Can't wait to get major vonregs tie when it goes in sale!

The Snowspeeder polybag leaked.  I can't believe they finally went back to light gray, which in my opinion is far more accurate.  I assume it's just in homage to the original set from 1999, but it would be quite a shift if all the classic Rebel ships were suddenly gray again!

Someone on Instagram has uploaded a couple of photos and a short clip of a Destroyer Droid. They don't quite make it clear, but I think they're saying it's an official new design. Of course if so, it could be from an upcoming poly or magazine gift, but it might hint at a unknown retailer exclusive.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Someone on Instagram has uploaded a couple of photos and a short clip of a Destroyer Droid. They don't quite make it clear, but I think they're saying it's an official new design. Of course if so, it could be from an upcoming poly or magazine gift, but it might hint at a unknown retailer exclusive.

Moc or not, that thing is killer. I'm making one if it doesn't come out.