Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Sorry, I'm a bit loss here... is the UCS ISD just a fake rumor and the UCS Tantive IV going to be real?

I still need to reorganise my wallet after the UCS MF...

Just now, dvogon said:

Sorry, I'm a bit loss here... is the UCS ISD just a fake rumor and the UCS Tantive IV going to be real?

Yes. UCS ISD was never actually rumored; that was only speculation based on nothing but the part count. Nothing is ever quite confirmed until it's actually announced, but if it isn't the Tantive IV someone's gone to an awful lot of effort to make it look like it is.

14 minutes ago, dvogon said:

I wouldn't say it is fake necessarily; will still don't know the UCS or MBS set for October and the October UCS/MB set is rumoured to be 4000+ pieces. But there is currently no evidence to support it being an ISD.

On the other hand, we have had leaked Captain Antilles minifigure and a New Hope Leia minifigure with a new skirt piece and retail listing supposedly naming the May UCS as the Tantive IV. 

So I would gear your wallet up for a Tantive IV, but keep in mind that you may have an even more expensive set to potentially purchase in October.

9 hours ago, dvogon said:

The ISD was a pretty unsubstantiated rumor *for 2018, and it somehow got carried over to this year (of course real sets have been known to do that from time to time). However Im pretty sure it was always meant to be for the the September/October slot anyway, we were never going to get a 1500-2000 piece UCS ISD, thats just too small.

Edited by Magmafrost

TLG would be crazy not to release another UCS ISD at some point. For a lot of newer SW AFOLs (myself included), next to the UCS Falcon it’s *the* most coveted set that really needs to be remade.

I’d love to see it this year along with the Tantive IV in the October slot - but if that doesnt happen, I think there’s a high chance of seeing it next year - along with possibly a UCS At-At for the 40th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back.

14 hours ago, dvogon said:

If you want an UCS ISD this year than you should prepare your wallet ;) 

18 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

If you want an UCS ISD this year than you should prepare your wallet ;) 

Oh dear! I must say, I have put off buying the imperial officer figs from 75159 because they are quite expensive and 'in case' a ISD was coming as this may have some equal figs, but either way my purse is not happy ?. Hope you don't get (excuse the pun) left out in the cold for your 'leak'.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Oh dear! I must say, I have put off buying the imperial officer figs from 75159 because they are quite expensive and 'in case' a ISD was coming as this may have some equal figs, but either way my purse is not happy ?. Hope you don't get (excuse the pun) left out in the cold for your 'leak'.

I am certainly expecting there to be, if it is indeed coming as the 2HY UCS.

as far as I know that UCS ISD rumor comes from a speculation based on the 75192 leaflet where an ISD is on the background, more or less the same way than the MF was on the UCS 75159 Deathstar box.

Edited by G59

Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this has been discussed before I am new to this forum and Star Wars LEGO. Does anyone know if 75240 Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter will be available earlier than April 1st? Is that how LEGO V.I.P works, or has early access happened before? Thank you. ? 

24 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this has been discussed before I am new to this forum and Star Wars LEGO. Does anyone know if 75240 Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter will be available earlier than April 1st? Is that how LEGO V.I.P works, or has early access happened before? Thank you. ? 

No, not usually.  Early access tends to only happen for D2C (Direct to Consumer, that is, exclusives--sorry if you already know this).  But even the Star Wars UCS sets always get early access anymore.  Heck, last year, the UCS Y-Wing released for May the Fourth didn't even get double VIP points for the Star Wars "holiday," which used to be the standard, although all other Star Wars sets did, and the Y-Wing was eligible the next time the promotion came around.

I would say there is almost zero chance of Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter having VIP early availability.  That being said, there is a slim chance that an external retailer will accidentally or casually put it out on shelves early, at least in the United States.  I see you are in Australia, and I'm not familiar with the "big box" stores there.  Long story short, LEGO has really been cracking down on leaks, and chances of getting sets early or easily have gone down considerably.  :wink:

If you can wait until May the Fourth for Vonreg's TIE Fighter, you will probably get double VIP points and an exclusive polybag (2017 and 2018 were mini, buildable R2-D2 and BB-8, respectively each with exclusive printed pieces).  I believe the threshold purchase for the polybag has been approximately 75 USD.  If you are trying to get the TIE Fighter for someone's birthday or some other imminent occasion, that could be difficult.  :sad:  

Sorry for the long post, hope this answers all your questions!

Edit: Oh, and VIP points equate to 5% off the next purchase (points are added to the account about a day later).  Double VIP points would obviously be 10% off the next time, which may not sound like a lot, but if you buy enough LEGO directly from the Shop... :grin:  Also, IIRC , VIP points last for two years before you get a notice saying you have to use them, so a lot of people stockpile points to go toward big sets in the future.

Edited by RogueTwo

7 hours ago, Captain America said:

So while they wont be available "early" per say on Shop At Hope, here in Australia sets have a habbit of showing up in normal retail stores about a month after they're supposed to. How bad the delay is varies from wave to wave, but generally you can expect a set to be available on Shop At Hope before its available in Australian retail stores, that isn't exclusive to VIPs though.

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I see you are in Australia, and I'm not familiar with the "big box" stores there.

I believe the threshold purchase for the polybag has been approximately 75 USD.  

Haha, if only we had things so good here. Our big box stores put out sets late, not early, sometimes by a few months (Often 6 or more for D2C sets). The may 4th threshhold for last year was $100 AUD, which is more or less $75 USD, but its also not uncommon to see much worse threshholds. We recently had a promo (the TLM 2 one) with a threshhold of $200

Edited by Magmafrost

I knew that leaked head from last month looked familiar! Glad to have confirmation it is indeed Bail. The overall figure looks good and its nice to finally have the character after waiting all these years.

Was the Bail Organa picture taken down already? Can’t find it. I know Lego has been seriously cracking down on leaks lately. I was really hoping hat leaked head a while back was his. How did the figure look?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Was the Bail Organa picture taken down already? Can’t find it. I know Lego has been seriously cracking down on leaks lately. I was really hoping hat leaked head a while back was his. How did the figure look?

I found the pic by searching #legostarwars at the usual place. He looked decent enough, I believe the figure's based on his Rogue One appearance.

The new rebel trooper will come in the advent calender.

Yes! Finally a Bail minifig, so this year we can scratch two figs off the „minifigs-we‘ve-wanted-for-ages-but-TLG-never-budged“ list :laugh: The people who guessed that leaked head might be Bail‘s were right all along :thumbup:

Interestingly, this inclusion undeniably makes it a Rogue One set. So this marks our first D2C based on a spin-off :sweet:

Bail can still be found in the usual place. Like the look, agree its a RO look, makes sense considering the rumoured set coming out...

I'm so happy! I've waited years for a Bail Organa figure, and he looks perfect! It'll be interesting to see which set he comes in. The Tantive IV makes sense, but it does bring up questions of what other figures may be included outside of just characters from A New Hope.

2 hours ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

I'm so happy! I've waited years for a Bail Organa figure, and he looks perfect! It'll be interesting to see which set he comes in. The Tantive IV makes sense, but it does bring up questions of what other figures may be included outside of just characters from A New Hope.

Not necessarily, as 75192 shows.

Solid mini-figs lineup for the Tantive IV! 

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Meh he looks ok. I would much rather have his ROTS look

And thus making absoluting no sense including him in a set with a 20 years gap, sure :sceptic: