Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

21 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

There isn't a thread for 2020 set discussion, and likely won't be until September or October. Does it really make sense to try to segregate rumors so harshly? There is absolutely no difference between our discussing rumors about December and rumors about January.

Yes, there is a huge issue.

We will have 20 pages of people confused as to things coming out in 2019 or 2020.  This has happened in the past.  We have worked to avoid this.

Lego has bumped items that were set to come out one year into the next.  I know this for a fact.  I worked there.

There will be a 2020 SW discussion thread when the time is right.  The second month of 2019 is not that time.

So keep the discussion to 2019. Most of what is being discussed is a rumor for 2019 at this point with little to no confirmation.  No need to confuse the masses by adding 2020 sets into the discussion.

I'm really surprised with the number of pieces. It's the same as in the original UCS Tantive (22 more in the new one).

Considering they use now a lot of more smaller bricks than before, probably it will be closer to the 2009 version, but that one was alreadu very detailed so who knows. I'm really really looking forward to see this model, it's probably my most expected set since always.

I’m so excited for the new Tantive IV. One of my favourite ships and a set I’ve always wanted. Bring on May the 4th!

Just now, Tidy said:

to quote the great Saw, LIES! DECEPTION!

Yeah, I didn't believe those rumors when I saw them, the assault on jakku set listed in the same rumor seemed especially off to me

to elaborate, these fakes were pulled from an instagram post last friday that was so full of isht that it was coming out its ears ... it said the y-wing was set 75247 ... which if you pay attention to anything LSW, you know that was the 4+ a-wing from january ... and there were so many other force ghost solo-esque things in the expanded list ... 

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

[...] ... and there were so many other force ghost solo-esque things in the expanded list ... 

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while :head_back: Still waiting for that TLJ Karp Speeder and Battle of Ma'ravar or whatever he made up, *ahem*, "found out" :snicker: Some people just never learn, do they...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

to elaborate, these fakes were pulled from an instagram post last friday that was so full of isht that it was coming out its ears ... it said the y-wing was set 75247 ... which if you pay attention to anything LSW, you know that was the 4+ a-wing from january ... and there were so many other force ghost solo-esque things in the expanded list ... 

yup. THESE ARE FAKE. So many things about this are bright red flags.

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

Yeah, I didn't believe those rumors when I saw them, the assault on jakku set listed in the same rumor seemed especially off to me

Same here, seems weird we'd get spoiler-esque things from the NAME of a set that releases months before the movie, and "assault?" That's unlikely to be a base for either side, unless we go deep into Aftermath territory. 

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

to quote the great Saw, LIES! DECEPTION!

:laugh: Yeah, sounds too good to be true. But from what is known about the movie, there is a tiny, tiny bit of plausability to it.

15 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

:laugh: Yeah, sounds too good to be true. But from what is known about the movie, there is a tiny, tiny bit of plausability to it.

You mean, in that the movie will probably contain both the Resistance and the First Order, so any set that has the words 'Resistance' or 'First Order' has a tiny bit of plausibility? Since absolutely nothing else is known about the movie...

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You mean, in that the movie will probably contain both the Resistance and the First Order, so any set that has the words 'Resistance' or 'First Order' has a tiny bit of plausibility? Since absolutely nothing else is known about the movie...

No, but from production leaks it's very likely both ships are featured in the movie. Compare other SW movies and set releases, go figure.

On the subject of the rumoured Kylo's shuttle in the Force Friday III wave, Making Star Wars apparently have new information that Kylo has a new ship for Episode IX that is white with black and red markings. This could potentially be his shuttle, and therefore why we may be getting another one for this film as it could be a new ship design altogether and play a prominent role in the film. Naturally, this should be taken with a pinch of salt at this moment in time, but it could of course be important information going forward with regards to the rumoured Kylo's shuttle set. It could substantiate it to some degree.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuOu2iPgLMa/ 

as much as i was hoping for kylo's shuttle to be a remade upsilon in the right colour and with fully articulated wings, it is nice to see that quite possibly JJ isn't going full TFA rehash ... [my wallet is 'who' really was hoping, as i have a big black beauty with fully articulating and folding wings] ...

9 hours ago, Renown said:

On the subject of the rumoured Kylo's shuttle in the Force Friday III wave, Making Star Wars apparently have new information that Kylo has a new ship for Episode IX that is white with black and red markings. This could potentially be his shuttle, and therefore why we may be getting another one for this film as it could be a new ship design altogether and play a prominent role in the film. Naturally, this should be taken with a pinch of salt at this moment in time, but it could of course be important information going forward with regards to the rumoured Kylo's shuttle set. It could substantiate it to some degree.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuOu2iPgLMa/ 

That's interesting and could be a set. I'd love to see a battle pack with his rumored special troops as well. But I think a kylo ren shuttle wouldn't be hard to make up as it was prominently featured in TFA and TLJ and lego's version is hilariously inaccurate. Point being, this guy could have just written down stuff he thought we have a good chance of seeing to fake his list. (dropship is generic enough, and shuttle, y-wing, bomber, millenium falcon are all easy guesses as well.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The leaker 'childish_landino_chronicles' on Instagram is reporting a Rebel Fleet Trooper and Chewbacca to be in this year's advent calendar in addition to the Santa Porg, Jedi Exile Luke, Cloud Car Pilot and First Order Stormtrooper reported earlier.

11 hours ago, Renown said:

The leaker 'childish_landino_chronicles' on Instagram is reporting a Rebel Fleet Trooper and Chewbacca to be in this year's advent calendar in addition to the Santa Porg, Jedi Exile Luke, Cloud Car Pilot and First Order Stormtrooper reported earlier.

I can confirm that.

Edited by Vonsek

2 hours ago, Vonsek said:

I can confirm that.

That should be a good calendar. I'm all in for Santa Porg.

14 hours ago, Renown said:

YES!!!!! I've been wanting more wookies, and the new rebel fleet trooper head will be nice for a captain america custom. The rest of the figures all sound great (except the first order stormtrooper)

That's it for figures then, right? I seem to remember the 2018 one having 5 as well.

9 hours ago, Vonsek said:

I can confirm that.

Thanks!  Darn good Advent Calendar, then!  While I like the exclusive holiday figures, I keep them in storage for nearly the entire year, so ordinary Star Wars characters are more practical, even if less creative.  

Can you confirm whether there will be a generic Rebel Fleet Trooper in the Tantive, or will it only be the Juniors TIE and the Advent Calendar for now?

The Porg seems to be all white, or it could just be a visual glitch. It’s a santa hat with the shadow in the shape of an Porg beneath it.

The set also includes a Gonk droid of some sorts dressed up as a present. It’s green with a red line through it. Across and down.

33 minutes ago, Vonsek said:

The Porg seems to be all white, or it could just be a visual glitch. It’s a santa hat with the shadow in the shape of an Porg beneath it.

The set also includes a Gonk droid of some sorts dressed up as a present. It’s green with a red line through it. Across and down.

Ah, that's nicer. That's the same setup as 2014--one normal figure with a Santa hat plus a specially-printed Christmas droid. Although 2014 also had Santa Vader...

10 hours ago, Vonsek said:

Could be a snow-porg?  If/when it has a little carrot for a nose, then we'll know for sure.  :tongue:
I like the idea of the GONK present!  Could you tell whether it was a printed piece like 75059 and 75149, or was it "brick-built" (or SNOT plates and tiles, as the case may be)?

Thanks in advance!