Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

28 minutes ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

That list is likely real.  The Bruges Battle Pack lines up with Episode IX, as sources just revealed that "Bruges" is a codename that was used on the Episode IX set (I'm pretty sure this was leaked after the LEGO set list).  It's seemingly the codename for the Knights of Ren.

That isn't clear (either of those specifics), as far as I can tell. The list was revealed on the 22nd, and this was reported on the same day; that piece isn't timestamped beyond the day, so I don't know which came first. But whoever typed up the LEGO list didn't know about the codenames leak, or else they wouldn't have guessed that 'Oslo Tram' meant a Conveyex set.

Personally, I don't believe the episode IX set leaks, there is an in universe reason for why there aren't y-wings in the sequels (even though that could change), and the overall lack of anything remotely new makes me doubt it's real.

3 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Personally, I don't believe the episode IX set leaks, there is an in universe reason for why there aren't y-wings in the sequels (even though that could change), and the overall lack of anything remotely new makes me doubt it's real.

I think it is important to remember that the sequels do somewhat rely on playing on nostalgia through new variations of classic designs (ie TIEs, X-Wings, A-Wings, Mon Calamari cruisers, Nebulon frigates), as well as the actual position of the Resistance as of the end of The Last Jedi. The idea of them being reduced to using clapped-out old Y-Wings, or perhaps a successor of sorts to the BTL-A4 model from the OT (although, canonically, this was arguably the B-Wing), doesn't surprise me at all really considering what a desperate situation they're in. It's been made pretty clear that they're essentially guerrilla fighters at the time Episode IX will kick off. These factors combined lead me to put some faith in the leaks.

Just now, PrisonBrick said:

tantive web listing

well now ... that kinda puts the final nail in the may ucs rumour coffin doesn't it ... 

Triple Force Friday is supposed to include merchandise for the Mandalorian but it’s doesn’t look like there’s any room in these rumored lists for any sets, which is dissappointing. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I rather have sets for Mandalorian then Episode IX.

30 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting it to have an interior or is it just the model?

We can be glad we finally got it confirmed today. Let's wait some days for details. 

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Triple Force Friday is supposed to include merchandise for the Mandalorian but it’s doesn’t look like there’s any room in these rumored lists for any sets, which is dissappointing. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I rather have sets for Mandalorian then Episode IX.

'Project Huckleberry' is the codename for The Mandalorian, so according to the list it's getting a battle pack at least.

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Not a fan for ST lego, especially the TLJ wave was shitty, but still, since we havent seen anything from the Mandalotian, its a bit early to tell...

4 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

2661-A867-D429-42-C7-B6-D2-38688-D0654-D

What website is this from?  Where did you intercept this transmission?  :vader:  
And hooray for Tantive IV!  There'll be no escape for my paycheck this time.   :grin: 
Any word or leaks on whether a standard Rebel Fleet Trooper will be included?  It would be a bit cheap if I had to buy that Juniors TIE just to round out the crew...

51 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Not a fan for ST lego, especially the TLJ wave was shitty, but still, since we havent seen anything from the Mandalotian, its a bit early to tell...

That's pretty harsh, but I kind of agree.  The Resistance Bomber (minus Finch fiasco) and Luke's island were pretty great, though.  I think the movies Episodes VII and VIII are phenomenal, though.

Speaking of the sequel trilogy and 2020 rumors, this has gotten a bit ridiculous.  While new TIE variants and Resistance ships are probably inevitable, is there any proof of any of this at the moment?  I'll believe any of this when I see it, and then I'll be happy, and I'll buy it, and I'll remember for future reference who leaked the sets, and I'll thank them, but until then, I'm a skeptic, and I don't see the point.

It looks like triple force friday will also include product from the new star was ea game jedi: fallen order. Since the mandalorian is rumored to be getting a battle pack this may mean some sets will be connected to the game aswell

2019 set discussion.  Let me help a few of you out by stating that again...

2019 set discussion.

Ok, so stop with the 2020, or beyond.  This is why threads get locked down.  Focus on the conversation at hand, which are new sets for 2019.  No more fighting over what a UCS set is, what a USC set is, what a MBS is...it really doesn't matter.  Please.

39 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

2019 set discussion.  Let me help a few of you out by stating that again...

2019 set discussion.

Ok, so stop with the 2020, or beyond.

There isn't a thread for 2020 set discussion, and likely won't be until September or October. Does it really make sense to try to segregate rumors so harshly? There is absolutely no difference between our discussing rumors about December and rumors about January.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

There isn't a thread for 2020 set discussion, and likely won't be until September or October. Does it really make sense to try to segregate rumors so harshly? There is absolutely no difference between our discussing rumors about December and rumors about January.

Edited by jhoya

7 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Me too. Not the biggest ST fan, but I am very excited for the mandalorian.

57 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Me too. Not the biggest ST fan, but I am very excited for the mandalorian.

Did you just say "ST" as in "Star Trek"?

Just now, BrickG said:

Did you just say "ST" as in "Star Trek"?

*TRIGGERED* :laugh:

Sequel Trilogy. I takes time getting used to, i have to admit. How sad there won't be any official LEGO Star Trek sets ever. Would be exciting.  

8 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Anyone know if the Tantive will come with a Collectible 20th Anniversary fig?

The Emperor would be a cool addition.

There's no indication of any anniversary anything other than the five sets that have been explicitly announced as such. It isn't likely.

5 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

It's funny to see this picture shared by others on instagram or this "news" shared on other forum/web page/social without sources or without verify if it's legit :)

If it was fake? xD

This is source link:

https://autourdesbriques.fr/75244-Tantive-IV-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Series-Disney

Thank you!  Much appreciated.  You're right, proof is always a good thing.  :wink:

It's funny the website hasn't taken the link down yet.  If the Senate gets wind of this, countless systems will flock to the Rebellion.  (I really need to stop quoting these movies...)