Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

17 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I'm waiting for "Unkar Plutt's Millennium Falcon", "Ducain's Millennium Falcon", and "Irving Boys Millennium Falcon" to be released. 

Underrated comment.  Sorry I missed it before.  
But you forgot the CEC fresh-out-of-the-box, pre-Falcon YT Freighter.  Has it ever been confirmed what those look like (in the canon)?  

All joking aside, like many others, I have so far been disappointed by this year's offerings, but I think if the UCS sets are great, that's all AFOLs will care about or remember about this year looking backwards.  I have decided that I will definitely be buying the 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder set.  It's one of the laziest sets of all time, but I'm rationalizing my purchase like so:

-New canopy print.  A new mold is really necessary, but maybe the year's budget wouldn't allow for it, and the designer had to do the best (s)he could to make something that will hold up to kids dropping it on the floor.
-Slight improvements overall: the exhaust things on the back are now more accurate in shape, as is the little vent on the right airfoil (Wow, my Snowspeeder-jargon vocabulary has real declined!) 
-New stickers.  This should never be an incentive for anyone, but they do improve the look of the model.
-Dak/generic Rebel pilot helmet finally has the little insignia(?) printed on the side.  It's the simplest helmet in the series, and it took them 20 years to get it right, but here we are.  Luke's is still a lazy duplicate of the version released ten years ago, however.  :hmpf_bad:
-Lando.  I have no intention of buying "Betrayal at Cloud City," and the Lando figure from that set is currently selling for approximately 60 USD, which is ridiculous.  For two thirds of that price, I can get a Snowspeeder set, Lando with stand-o, and like I said some pages earlier, just pop a new head and/or hairpiece on him, and you have a Lando figure that is still more detailed than 50% of current minifigures.  I'm just happy that swanky, two-sided cape covers up the anniversary print on the back!  I swear to God, though, if they printed "20th Anniversary" on the back of that cape.... :tongue:

Regarding the other spring sets, the only other one I like is the Slave I, which is, frankly, brilliant.  I honestly think it is better than the UCS that I have displayed in my room (at least taking price into account), but I have to save my money for a Rebel fleet, not bounty hunters.  I don't need their scum.

So take them all with a grain of salt obviously, but there are some Jan 2020 (or December 2019 if you're lucky ?) set name leaks on IG, including an Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Obi-Wan's Hut is also listed as part of the rumoured line up. Sounds interesting as I think it's one of the few things other than Yavin IV we haven't got. 

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

All joking aside, like many others, I have so far been disappointed by this year's offerings, but I think if the UCS sets are great, that's all AFOLs will care about. 

100% agree the Tantive IV alone will make me forgive Lego for the 20th Anniversary Wave. Anakin's Podracer though is really sweet so I'm not too mad at them. 

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So take them all with a grain of salt obviously, but there are some Jan 2020 (or December 2019 if you're lucky ?) set name leaks on IG, including an Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

Obi Wan's Hut too, man I really hope that one is true because that is a great idea. 

Wow, those lists sound really interesting!
Obi-Wan's Homestead is probably similar to Yoda's Hut and Achc-To training and such, sounds really great :wub: 
The other sets sound pretty nice too, like the ones from The Mandalorian.

Let's hope the list isn't a fake or a wishlist! 

Regards,
Mitch

Let s hope Anakin vs Obi Wan includes a Shocktrooper if this leak is true.

Edited by w219

Just now, w219 said:

Bruges battlepack might be the long awaited 501st battlepack or something based of upcoming season of The Clone Wars.

According to the poster of the list it might be a mudtrooper battlepack, which also sounds plausible to me. 
But 501st would be much better, yeah :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

According to the poster of the list it might be a mudtrooper battlepack, which also sounds plausible to me. 
But 501st would be much better, yeah :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

I edited my post because finally it might not be a 501st battlepack yes.  But 2020 leaks in the start of 2019 is weird, we know the sets of 2020 before the sets of end 2019.....

13 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

Have we heard anything about potential Master Builder sets for this year?

I personally hope there is one because Betrayal At Cloud City was an amazing set, but with Tantive IV and Star Destroyer it looks unlikely. 

So is this a winter 2020 leak? Doesn't seems right a leak full year in advance? But that Mustafar duel rumor just got more legit! The rest of the sets are hard to understand, codenamed battlepacks and such. I just hope that it's a summer wave, because it's more reasonable explanation than a 2020 set leaks.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

So is this a winter 2020 leak? Doesn't seems right a leak full year in advance? But that Mustafar duel rumor just got more legit! The rest of the sets are hard to understand, codenamed battlepacks and such. I just hope that it's a summer wave, because it's more reasonable explanation than a 2020 set leaks.

I do remember someone leaked the Inferno Squad battlepack really early last year and nobody really believed it so it's not out of the question it seems.

kinda why i kept saying it wasn't going to be a 2019 set ... maybe i will be believed next time ... //shrug ...

just a little tidbit on the process of bringing a set  to market, it is easily a 12-18 month process ... so yes, that is 2020, and once again there isn't a traditional summer wave ... and there isn't anything really hard to understand about any of those code names. 

Quite like the sound of Obi Wan's homestead, always wondered when we would eventually get it in an official set. The brick built microfighter set with the Bantha also sounds promising. Imagine it will go nicely with the Dewback. Holding out hope that the battle packs will also be good.

30 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I personally hope there is one because Betrayal At Cloud City was an amazing set, but with Tantive IV and Star Destroyer it looks unlikely. 

There is no evidence for a UCS Star Destroyer yet, there has only been speculation. The evidence for Tantive IV provides no evidence for a Star Destroyer

... are they serious? 2020 leaks in February of 2019?? That doesn't sound believable in the slightest :head_back: We don't even have proper information on many 2019 sets 

Some of the spring 2019 sets were on display for brand retailers in early 2018. I know the summer/fall sets for this year were already shown as well (that's also were all the recent leaks were from). 

So I guess all I possible although I have no idea if they're true. 

Interesting that there doesn't appear to be (m)any Episode IX sets in this leaked wave, at least on the surface. In the wave that followed Force Friday II, there was two Episode VIII themed microfighters, two microfighter dual packs, two battle packs and a small playset and two larger playsets. I would have expected Episode IX to still be getting a push with the merchandise with the wave scheduled for release in such proximity to that of the film. 

Another leak with price and part counts. I hope it to be fake because price per part is not ridiculous, it is even worse. 10c a part should be the maximum.

Edited by w219

Just now, w219 said:

Another leak with price and part counts. I hope it to be fake because price per part is not ridiculous, it is even worse. 10c a part should be the maximum.

In addition to that, the new leak lists 75244 as a First Order Dropship and 75247 as a Resistance Y-Wing, yet they already have set allocations, in fact one has been retailing since the start of January. That would suggest that either the set numbers are confused, or they're illegitimate.

I think it's too early for the Episode IX set names to drop, let alone the first 2020 wave's :tongue: Does anyone remember when we first heard about the TLJ set names? I think it was after that year's SW Celebration but before May when the first box art leaked :shrug_oh_well:

We know Lego works very early with sets. Remember that TLJ set that was not ( ? ) in the movie ?

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Regarding the other spring sets, the only other one I like is the Slave I, which is, frankly, brilliant.  I honestly think it is better than the UCS that I have displayed in my room (at least taking price into account), but I have to save my money for a Rebel fleet, not bounty hunters.  I don't need their scum.

I love the design too. Also lol. 

4 hours ago, RODDY said:

Obi Wan's Hut too, man I really hope that one is true because that is a great idea. 

Guys i'm pretty sure that the list is fake, it seems to early and, come on, what action feature could they POSSIBLY build into his hut?

10 minutes ago, Renown said:

In addition to that, the new leak lists 75244 as a First Order Dropship and 75247 as a Resistance Y-Wing, yet they already have set allocations, in fact one has been retailing since the start of January. That would suggest that either the set numbers are confused, or they're illegitimate.

Yeah I'm like 99% sure it's fake. Skyhopper microfighter, no IX sets, OBI-WAN KENOBI'S GODDANGED HUT!

3 hours ago, Darkslayer said:

Have we heard anything about potential Master Builder sets for this year?

I am guessing they'll do a smaller UCS every year in May then alternate between a large UCS and a MBS in October. At least it's been that way since 2017 and will continue if the Star Destroyer rumors are true.